What Did You Just Build?

ChristopherMcDonald

13 hours ago, mcounci2 said:

I'm working up a Maltby Hyway 7w for my dad.  Found an uncut Diamana B, should be a pretty great fairway finder

Awesome man let's see some photos when it's all done! Been interested in those Hyway's. If this hybrid doesn't do the trick that'll probably be my next stop

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

45 minutes ago, MFBach said:

Just a demo club for now, but I’m pretty excited about this one… I think I’m the only person that preferred the chrome on the 2019 T100/T100s to the 2021’s satin, so I found a “new”/old stock set of the 2019’s to pair with the TT Monaco's I picked up a couple months back. Really digging the copper/chrome look on these. 

Cool idea, btw! Not that I don’t get tired of “which low/low driver shaft would you recommend” or “what’s your wedge setup”. 

DEBBC125-8FE1-47A1-81C4-8063737139C3.jpeg.98ff0a878022c91ab991e8f8fff3ef3c.jpeg

Oh my, that looks great!

Not sure how much mileage you've put on em yet, but I'm curious about the finish on the monaco's and how they hold up.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, z3bracakes said:

Not sure how much mileage you've put on em yet, but I'm curious about the finish on the monaco's and how they hold up.

I might be wrong, but I’m expecting them to hold up really well. When I got them, they had been neglected for a while, so I cleaned them up with BKF and then even hit them acetone. They look brand new now, so if none of that affected the finish, I’m not sure anything will. Seems to be a much better finish than most of the options we see today. No idea what their copper finish process was at the time though. 

• Like 2

Last few months over the summer...

5-PW P770s w/ BB&F Rico's & DG105

Pulled & traded my MD5 Raw's and moved to JAWS Forged w/ BB&F ferrules I forgot the name

Built up a few Callaway Apex 21 hybrids in 4H and 5H to test with RECOIL PROTO shafts and TSPX Black 

P790 w/ BB&F ferrule and a TSPX M40X Black hybrid shaft

Callaway adapter on a Tour AD HD shaft for driver

Grabbed an AD VR 7 shaft to test in driver and put a callaway adapter on it as well

Reshafted my 7 wood with an AD VR, didnt like it, reshafted with a AD TP and then pulled it again to sell the head

Put the Tour AD TP 8 into a Rogue ST Max 5 wood head which is currently in the bag

Just found another unicorn tour issue 4 wood on ebay so will be shafting up the old TP 8 this week to see if I like it cranked up as a 6 wood

...and more stuff I probably forgot 😂

And heres a random photo of pulled heads and shafts from my recent EE post for good measure:

IMG_5050.jpg.8d8c12251cb089ce5494a57d559

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Just went through a fitting for new shafts in my T200/T100S set.  Settled on ACCRA iseries steel 125x.  Excited for them to get built up next week.  

• Like 2

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 MAX 7W 21*, Ventus TR Blue 8X 

Ping i230 4i DG 120 S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

Had a good season with my 770/790 blend, DG105 R300's but I still do get some arm pain with all the balls I hit and well, all this talk of MMTs being smooth and having a DG like profile I cracked recently. I now have some clean 105S pulls that will go into the irons in a week or two. 

Recently rebuilt the Miura 1008s to a 3/8 MOI setup with old Accra iCWTs I had which are my travel/fun clubs and they will be visiting San Diego next week. 

I can't keep up with Third time's CPO madness (I'm jelly, that's all 😄, I simply got a regular Rogue LS from CPO and I do really like the ST line. Just seems to be more forgiving than the Mav was off center for me, especially toe side. Center I still like the muted sound of the Mav but I can't argue with the results so far on the Rogue.

• Like 2

TSR3 9* with Diamana X'17 60X, NO1 50 Pro, 44.5 OAL, D7.

It's not as long as my Stealth Plus/X'17 combo but it's the best combination of length and accuracy I've ever hit in 40+ years in golf.

• Like 3

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

2 hours ago, NRJyzr said:

Once I got to end of September, and the end of my Men's Club season, I decided it was experiment time.  Put together several things, but only have pics of one of the projects, at the moment.

First was installing NV95 shafts in a set of Purefit 1020 blades that I've had for over a dozen years.  Bought the heads when they were being closed out by My Ostrich Golf, and they've largely sat around since then.  Put GripMaster leather on them   Pic posted below

(FWIW, rather like them so far, great feel, killed leading edge, all sorts of fun)

Have had a Phenom NL 60 X shaft lying around for a while.  Got the wild idea to once again try 44.5" club length in driver; this was after hitting a friend's 45.25" stick with a HZRDUS 62 shaft.  I've been playing heavy and short for several years, thought I'd try this.  It's on an All-Fit adapter, so I've been able to try it in two Cobra clubheads (SpeedZone and Fly-Z+), as well as my 300 Mini.  Liking what I've been seeing so far.  Have hit some pretty stupid shots with them, for my old-guy-with-sketchy-back game.

Have also toyed with trying to use steel shafts again.  Built a 7i and 9i with Modus 105 stiff shafts, Tommy Armour 986 Tour clubheads that I bought here in BST many years ago.  These are legendary for their lack of offset (they may actually be onset).  I'll add a topline pic below.

I also built a set of Pinhawk Vertex irons, using Apollo stepped steel iron shafts.  This is a dual length set, the 3-5 irons are at 5i length, the 6-SW are at 8i length.  My set is 3-AW.  They show some promise, but I don't know if I'll play them full time, or use them as a "periodically cruise through the bag" sort of set.

I've also just ordered a couple test clubheads, Arias D-23 irons (literally just a couple hours ago).  Picked up the 2i (18*) and 5i.  Will give them a bit of a workout over the winter, see what they're like.  I could see using the 2i semi-permanently in the bag, if it works out.  

image.png.f4e7c4739ae1ede766fe74992f08aa0d.png

image.png.fd1fb899991c2bbb86331997bd19f684.png

random topline pic of a 986 Tour clubhead, just threw the shaft in it for the sake of the pic

image.png.ec27537c15c6a51d826ff924297f4d4e.png

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on the D23 when you have them shafted and tested. I'm very strongly considering the CR-16s as a gamer set, rotated with my small collection of vintage blades...

• Like 2

On 11/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, z3bracakes said:

Well since you mentioned your adams hybrid, here is a set of CMB's I recently built up. Heads bought from another WRX'er here on the forum. Black nickel KBS tour 125 shafts in the irons, gap has an onyx s400 I just installed last night. Went with a black/gold look, came out looking nice!

20221104_141617.jpg

20221104_141623.jpg

These are the best looking irons that I have ever seen! 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MFBach said:

I might be wrong, but I’m expecting them to hold up really well. When I got them, they had been neglected for a while, so I cleaned them up with BKF and then even hit them acetone. They look brand new now, so if none of that affected the finish, I’m not sure anything will. Seems to be a much better finish than most of the options we see today. No idea what their copper finish process was at the time though. 

You're a stronger man than myself. I would be locked up tighter than a drum if I ran acetone over them 😂

2 hours ago, Redpro said:

These are the best looking irons that I have ever seen! 🙂

Lol...Someone took pretty good care of these heads 😉 They came out so nice, can't help but show em off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, z3bracakes said:

You're a stronger man than myself. I would be locked up tighter than a drum if I ran acetone over them

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t give them a very thorough test scrub at the butt (under the grip) before I put anything on the visible portion of the shafts 😆

They were in bad need of some TLC though. 

• Like 2

Aye this thread blew up! Lol first for me. Keep the contributions coming guys. Restarted my 902OS demo with a modus 105x. Pictures to follow later on 

• Like 1

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

10* (Set to 8*) SLDR 430 w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 80X @ 44.5" , D4

7.5* (Set to 6.75*) PXG 0311 Gen5 w/ Diamana DF 70 TX @ 45.25" , D5

• Like 2

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ N.S. Pro Modus3 GOST Tour X @ 39.5"
Callaway UW 21* w/ Aldila VS Proto 95X Tipped 1.75" @ 41" / Srixon U45 23* w/ Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour X @ 38.5"

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW / Srixon Z745 5-PW w/ DG TI X7's (PW Tipped 1/4")
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 50*, 55* & 60* w/ PX LS 7.0 Tipped 3/8" D2, D3 & D5

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

4W:  TEE CBX 119 16.5°, Diamana D+72X tipped .75", 42.5"

4.5 frankeniron:  Callaway Steelhead XR 5 iron 23°, C Taper Lite X, 38.25" (4i shaft, length between 4i and 5i)

- Btw OP, have that same Adams Tight Lies hybrid 22° head that I tried in the 4 iron spot with 4i shaft.  Nice compact fairway and trouble club, but I prefer an iron, hence the frankeniron!

The new builds may take spots in the bag... Liking the look, ease, and flights of these.  Just posted a swing vid in the swing subforum, these clubs included, showing decent smash off beat up range balls.  CBX is so solid.

Edited by joostin
  • Like 1

D1 Cobra LTDx, OG HZ Black 62 6.5 D2 TM R510TP, 757X 3W OG Ping Rapture, OG HZ Black 75 6.0 20°H Ping G20, CTLX 5I Cobra F9, CTLX 5I-PW Mizuno MP-54, CTLX GW Nike VPC, V120X 54, 60 CBX Zipcore, V120X Cure RX4, CX3. WITB Link. CAD Designs on IG @joostin.golf

8 hours ago, joostin said:

4W:  TEE CBX 119 16.5°, Diamana D+72X tipped .75", 42.5"

4.5 frankeniron:  Callaway Steelhead XR 5 iron 23°, C Taper Lite X, 38.25" (4i shaft, length between 4i and 5i)

- Btw OP, have that same Adams Tight Lies hybrid 22° head that I tried in the 4 iron spot with 4i shaft.  Nice compact fairway and trouble club, but I prefer an iron, hence the frankeniron!

The new builds may take spots in the bag... Liking the look, ease, and flights of these.  Just posted a swing vid in the swing subforum, these clubs included, showing decent smash off beat up range balls.  CBX is so solid.

Gotta be honest with you I hit the Adams like absolute garbage this last weekend. Have a round on the 15th and the PXG DI will probably end up back in the bag, course is really tight so need something low and straight, which for me the DI is good enough for. 

Keep the builds coming guys, love it.

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro