2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

“Fat Perez” & Max Homa

Yuck

On 11/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, MUNIGRIT said:

Foreplay is trash. I was a fan of Riggs but he is way too corporate now and the constant fluffing of Kiz/Ain't no hobby is a joke. In person they are super arrogant and full of themselves. Frankie is incredibly annoying. 

Bob does Sports is great and Fat Perez is awesome. He played in college so no surprise that he can play. They are a good change of pace.

I listen to the FP pod every once in a while, it's okay for a mindless listen every once in a while when I'm working on monotonous tasks. Some of their content is entertaining, I do like their 4 man scrambles. 

Their ads are horrendous though. So ungenuine. I bet if they were given $50k to advertise literal sh*t sandwiches, that they would do an ad read that would talk as if sh*t sandwiches were the best thing they've ever tasted. They come across as that dishonest and ungenuine, willing to sell anything if someone paid them. 

I'm definitely going to check out this Bob Does Sports vs. Max Homa though, I know its going to be entertaining. Glad I stumbled upon this thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

Yup no lurch means more Frankie who is incredibly annoying. 

What happened with Lurch?

I enjoy their scramble matches. And their travel series stuff is OK. Breaking 80 as well because Trent's a likable guy. But everything else is essentially unwatchable. Basically if a Fore Play video isn't pushing an hour in length, I won't even bother with it. 

Agree 100% that Frankie is annoying. But I think Garrett and Matt from GG are worse. They're like caricatures. As for Frankie, I get the feeling he's at least being himself. The problem is that's a whinny prima donna. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kthomas said:

I listen to the FP pod every once in a while, it's okay for a mindless listen every once in a while when I'm working on monotonous tasks. Some of their content is entertaining, I do like their 4 man scrambles. 

Their ads are horrendous though. So ungenuine. I bet if they were given $50k to advertise literal sh*t sandwiches, that they would do an ad read that would talk as if sh*t sandwiches were the best thing they've ever tasted. They come across as that dishonest and ungenuine, willing to sell anything if someone paid them. 

I'm definitely going to check out this Bob Does Sports vs. Max Homa though, I know its going to be entertaining. Glad I stumbled upon this thread.

I'm jealous that you're just finding Bob Does Sports. So much great content at your disposal. And if you don't mind the Fore Play podcast, I think you'll really enjoy the Bob Does Sports one. I'd suggest getting into their golf videos first to get to know them and their personalities. Then hit their podcasts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

I enjoy their scramble matches. And their travel series stuff is OK. Breaking 80 as well because Trent's a likable guy. But everything else is essentially unwatchable. Basically if a Fore Play video isn't pushing an hour in length, I won't even bother with it. 

Agree 100% that Frankie is annoying. But I think Garrett and Matt from GG are worse. They're like caricatures. As for Frankie, I get the feeling he's at least being himself. The problem is that's a whinny prima donna. 

I agree on Matt from GG I find him exhausting. Not sure I get your complaints on Garrett though. He seems like a pretty likable kid. I find most of the standard GG content pretty pointless. Or more accurately, I'm not their target market. However, the stuff that Garrett and Grant do away from the larger group is pretty good. Their trip down California and their series at Pinehurst were entertaining. Anytime they are playing each other or teaming up against a solid twosome is pretty fun. There is usually some pretty good golf at some pretty cool courses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

Matt drives me insane. He hits one decent shot in most videos and decides to break it down and talk about what he was thinking and how great he was to hit the shot.

Then when they do those 18 hole majors, it’s exposed how bad he is and he sulks and pouts the entire video.

There was one video of Matt playing on a course where is was raining, you could clearly see the lines on the greens where he was taking multiple attempts at the putts until he made one.

Garrett’s cocky, but he does have the game to back it up. He doesn’t really bother me.

Steve and Bubby are not great, but better than most people you come upon. They admit they are not the best golfers. They undersell themselves somewhat.

Grant’s comes off as a golf nerd. I suspect that he has had an account or browsed the boards many times. He’s very likable and the most complete player.

Edited by SollyinGA
  • Like 1

BDS vs Homa is my YT golf video of the year!  

• Like 1

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

4 hours ago, kthomas said:

Watch the Homa one and then go dig out two others - the hot sauce challenge is comedy gold as is the beer one with Fat Perez. They play a match and the losers on each hole have to drink a beer. If two tie and one comes last, he has to drink two beers. It's priceless. Note that there is some throwing up going on in the beer one so skip that if that bothers you.

• Like 4

Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 UST Recoil 95x

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

As for Foreplay the thing that rubs me the wrong way is Riggs and his "Taylormade athlete - I'm a 5 hdcp" nonsense, and their videos are 20% golf 80% product placements. I used to watch them but something went wrong along the way. Lurch despite the sulfur hexafluoride voice and crater for divots was tolerable, Frankie...meh... Trent hard to watch but Likeable. Haven't watched their content in a while. 

On 11/13/2022 at 6:42 PM, capking said:

I used to like Foreplay’s content but now with ditching lurch for a piece of cardboard it’s unwatchable.

Wha? They canned Lurch? The only one of them that was actually a decent golfer? 

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

5 hours ago, Reykt said:

Trent hard to watch but Likeable.

Aw, Mrs. aenemated thinks I'm likeable too!

... wait, that's a different Trent. NM. 

• Haha 2

Bob's incredulousness at some of the s*** Joey says is just....👌

Edited by Valtiel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Finally watched.

"Gonna show you what going at the green without a driver looks like." 

I cannot possibly love my dawg Max more. 

• Like 3

On 11/10/2022 at 8:33 PM, MUNIGRIT said:

Foreplay is trash. I was a fan of Riggs but he is way too corporate now and the constant fluffing of Kiz/Ain't no hobby is a joke. In person they are super arrogant and full of themselves. Frankie is incredibly annoying. 

Bob does Sports is great and Fat Perez is awesome. He played in college so no surprise that he can play. They are a good change of pace.

I've met Riggs a couple of times at some Barstool Classics and I thought he was actually very nice, polite, and humble. I talked with him at Hazeltine during a rain delay and he was very cool and down to earth. That was a couple years ago though. I 100% agree with that sentiment from what you see on video, but in person I personally thought he was a good dude. I can't stand Frankie and Lurch, and watching the series they have now in Scotland, it wouldn't suprise me if that trip is what got Lurch fired. Him and Frankie are awful, but together they are downright insufferable. I enjoy Bob Does Sports the most, and honestly that Max Homa video is one of the best YouTube golf videos out. I think the quality of video that No Laying Up produces is better than anyone else out there and it's not even close, yet I can't stand all 5 of those guys. Literally listening to them talk about chippy 8 irons, and toey drivers and the way they talk makes me want to watch someone punch them in the face. 

15 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

They told him he was out and there wasn't money for him. They hired whoever Dan Rap is. I have pretty much quit listening to them.

They ruined Kisner with me too who I was a huge fan of woth the constant fluffing and the ain't no hobby crap. Now Kis seems blah to me. It's as bad as Russell Wilson's let's ride garbage(at least he has stopped that recently).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aenemated said:

Finally watched.

"Gonna show you what going at the green without a driver looks like." 

I cannot possibly love my dawg Max more. 

"And they had SO MUCH HOPE" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

17 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

I'm jealous that you're just finding Bob Does Sports. So much great content at your disposal. And if you don't mind the Fore Play podcast, I think you'll really enjoy the Bob Does Sports one. I'd suggest getting into their golf videos first to get to know them and their personalities. Then hit their podcasts.

I just finished watching the BDS vs Max Homa, and that was a really enjoyable watch. Better than any FP 4 man vs video.

What I like about the BDS guys is that they all seem genuinely happy to be out there playing. Nothing is forced, and like others point out, they aren't constantly trying to ram a corporate product down your throat like the FP guys. 

The FP guys are shills for whatever corporation gives them ad revenue. The recent addition of Chevy is cringing - all of a sudden the FP guys talk up Chevy like they are the most amazing vehicles ever, now that they are getting money from them. It's so ungenuine and dishonest that its insulting. The FP guys also come across as pretty bro-ish/fratty, but I think that's the corporate culture of the mothership of Barstool Sports. I've never met any of the guys from FP, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Excited to check out more BDS, I'll start with the suggestions provided in a post above. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

Watch the Homa one and then go dig out two others - the hot sauce challenge is comedy gold as is the beer one with Fat Perez. They play a match and the losers on each hole have to drink a beer. If two tie and one comes last, he has to drink two beers. It's priceless. Note that there is some throwing up going on in the beer one so skip that if that bothers you.

Going to chip away at these today! 

23 hours ago, SollyinGA said:

Matt drives me insane. He hits one decent shot in most videos and decides to break it down and talk about what he was thinking and how great he was to hit the shot.

Then when they do those 18 hole majors, it’s exposed how bad he is and he sulks and pouts the entire video.

There was one video of Matt playing on a course where is was raining, you could clearly see the lines on the greens where he was taking multiple attempts at the putts until he made one.

Garrett’s cocky, but he does have the game to back it up. He doesn’t really bother me.

Steve and Bubby are not great, but better than most people you come upon. They admit they are not the best golfers. They undersell themselves somewhat.

Grant’s comes off as a golf nerd. I suspect that he has had an account or browsed the boards many times. He’s very likable and the most complete player.

100% on Matt. I've seen comments on some of their videos with people saying he's near scratch. LOL. But frankly the quality of his game is the least important reason why I can't stand the guy. 

On 11/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, Dutch1008 said:

I agree on Matt from GG I find him exhausting. Not sure I get your complaints on Garrett though. He seems like a pretty likable kid. I find most of the standard GG content pretty pointless. Or more accurately, I'm not their target market. However, the stuff that Garrett and Grant do away from the larger group is pretty good. Their trip down California and their series at Pinehurst were entertaining. Anytime they are playing each other or teaming up against a solid twosome is pretty fun. There is usually some pretty good golf at some pretty cool courses. 

As far as Garrett, I went down a rabbit hole one night on YT and came across a video from "Brofive". Was like WTF is this? As it had Garrett, Matt, and Steve in it (IIRC). Checked out the channel and really came away with a slimy impression of Garrett. I won't spell it all out here, as folks can go down the same rabbit hole if they wish.

Short version, he basically ghosted his initial partners (who were helping him navigate growing a social media presence). He even went so far as to have his parents join all clandestine like on a business conference call, which they had no stake in. Now you've got the stuff with Micah. No idea what's going on there. But wouldn't be surprised if Garrett has something to do with it. He just strikes me as a selfish, entitled, man child. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

They told him he was out and there wasn't money for him. They hired whoever Dan Rap is. I have pretty much quit listening to them.

They ruined Kisner with me too who I was a huge fan of woth the constant fluffing and the ain't no hobby crap. Now Kis seems blah to me. It's as bad as Russell Wilson's let's ride garbage(at least he has stopped that recently).

Oof. When did this all happen? Completely missed it. And was pretty sure he was even in their last video from overseas. Granted it was probably filmed quite a while back. Don't know anything about Dan Rap, but can't imagine he's any worse than Lurch. 

The way Fore Play shills is definitely pure cringe. Oh, let me shoot this 3 minute video where I play one hole and talk about Chevy the whole time. 

Oof. When did this all happen? Completely missed it. And was pretty sure he was even in their last video from overseas. Granted it was probably filmed quite a while back. Don't know anything about Dan Rap, but can't imagine he's any worse than Lurch. 

The way Fore Play shills is definitely pure cringe. Oh, let me shoot this 3 minute video where I play one hole and talk about Chevy the whole time. 

I just Google it. It was August but at that time I already switched to football and I dont listen to FP anymore.

Reading it now Lurch was too expensive and they wanted to add a real golf guy and the Hannah gal for sex appeal. 

Edited by MUNIGRIT
  • Like 1

100% on Matt. I've seen comments on some of their videos with people saying he's near scratch. LOL. But frankly the quality of his game is the least important reason why I can't stand the guy. 

As far as Garrett, I went down a rabbit hole one night on YT and came across a video from "Brofive". Was like WTF is this? As it had Garrett, Matt, and Steve in it (IIRC). Checked out the channel and really came away with a slimy impression of Garrett. I won't spell it all out here, as folks can go down the same rabbit hole if they wish.

Short version, he basically ghosted his initial partners (who were helping him navigate growing a social media presence). He even went so far as to have his parents join all clandestine like on a business conference call, which they had no stake in. Now you've got the stuff with Micah. No idea what's going on there. But wouldn't be surprised if Garrett has something to do with it. He just strikes me as a selfish, entitled, man child. 

I actually agree with most of what you said about Garrett, but he is 22 years old right now. The Bro Five stuff was a few years ago, so I don't know if I would blame him from a business standpoint having his parents help him. Either way, not a huge fan of his, but I've gone down that same rabbit hole, and listened to both sides of the story, I think both sides were using each other and then both blamed each other for the same thing. Obviously, that's the compressed one sentence version, but that's what i got out of all of it. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 9:42 PM, capking said:

I used to like Foreplay’s content but now with ditching lurch for a piece of cardboard it’s unwatchable.

Yeah adding Daniel from Golf Digest or whatever it was was a teeeible mistake. The only thing he brings to the table is a golfing skill, but that’s not why people watch their videos. Terrible business decision on their part. And his addition on the podcast is terrible. People don’t listen to it for in depth analysis on Tour players. I won’t be surprised if he doesn’t last that long. He’s also been extremely soft on how he’s been treated at Barstool HQ.

8 hours ago, N8dogg2669 said:

I actually agree with most of what you said about Garrett, but he is 22 years old right now. The Bro Five stuff was a few years ago, so I don't know if I would blame him from a business standpoint having his parents help him. Either way, not a huge fan of his, but I've gone down that same rabbit hole, and listened to both sides of the story, I think both sides were using each other and then both blamed each other for the same thing. Obviously, that's the compressed one sentence version, but that's what i got out of all of it. 

Yeah. I get he was young. Yet still an adult. And it's one thing to ask for counseling or advice from parents. It's a whole different level of immaturity to secretly include them on business call. 

I never saw his side of it. AFAIK, he did a video response to Brody's (I think that's his name), but it's been disappeared. Oh well. That drama and backstabbing ultimately has zero impact on my life. Just grateful there are a bunch of other YT golf channels to choose from with outstanding content.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:35 PM, SollyinGA said:

Miss Micha Morris from GG, but that Tee Box tournament on his channel was the best tournament of any that I’ve seen. Bob and George were comedy gold.

I really like Buster Jack too. Quality golfers and just a funny laid back vibe. They put golf first verses a lot of the GG content. A couple of the lower level golfers in GG make me shut it off. 

I was worried about Micah as I'm a huge fan of the person and player but seeing the stuff he's churning out he will be just fine. 

• Like 2

I can't believe how many of you not only watch/listen to one of these groups content, but some how find the time to watch & listen to multiple of these groups? I'd heard of NLU, Foreplay & BDS before but never the other two mentioned prior to today. What's weird is that I'm in my younger 30s and a pretty hardcore golf fan so I'm probably in a lot of these guys target audience. 

I followed NLU from very early days on twitter when they were actually funny and posted just funny things about pro golf. Now I can't stand any of them, they are all nauseating to listen to and they always beat the same old dead horse about the TOUR. 

Foreplay I'd heard of, but never really followed any of their content. I think I just missed out on being a Barstool Fan, I don't follow any of their big guys or content besides Spittin' Chiclets, which I'll occasionally listen to on a plane or something. All of the barstool s*** I've ever seen plugs advertisements out the a** so it's not surprising to me some of you have mentioned that on here. The guys on Foreplay kinda seem like dorks from the outside though. I've seen some videos of Riggs and he just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Trent just seems like a poser, like they offered him a job to do the golf show and it was a bump in pay or something so he said "ya, why not?". Again this is all from an outside view, never indulged in their content. 

Bob Does Sports I've just come across recently from one of my uncles. I might have to start checking out some of their videos. The one guys voice is so NY and his charisma is pretty funny, so we'll see how these guys are. 

Edited by Ole3wiggle
  • Thanks 1