2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

“Fat Perez” & Max Homa

Yuck

Another good one that popped up in my head is Random Golf Club "beating" series.  They take 3-4 golfers and play awesome courses, like Pinehurst 2 from the back tees.  It's not funny like BDS, but its interesting to see the courses the pros play and then see a scratch golfer play it and shoot 82 just to realize how excellent those guys are and how well they control their ball.  

I've watched a few of the other RGC videos and they didn't hold my attention very long, but those beating series are good watches.  

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

35 minutes ago, Ole3wiggle said:

I can't believe how many of you not only watch/listen to one of these groups content, but some how find the time to watch & listen to multiple of these groups? I'd heard of NLU, Foreplay & BDS before but never the other two mentioned prior to today. What's weird is that I'm in my younger 30s and a pretty hardcore golf fan so I'm probably in a lot of these guys target audience. 

I followed NLU from very early days on twitter when they were actually funny and posted just funny things about pro golf. Now I can't stand any of them, they are all nauseating to listen to and they always beat the same old dead horse about the TOUR. 

Foreplay I'd heard of, but never really followed any of their content. I think I just missed out on being a Barstool Fan, I don't follow any of their big guys or content besides Spittin' Chiclets, which I'll occasionally listen to on a plane or something. All of the barstool s*** I've ever seen plugs advertisements out the a** so it's not surprising to me some of you have mentioned that on here. The guys on Foreplay kinda seem like dorks from the outside though. I've seen some videos of Riggs and he just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Trent just seems like a poser, like they offered him a job to do the golf show and it was a bump in pay or something so he said "ya, why not?". Again this is all from an outside view, never indulged in their content. 

Bob Does Sports I've just come across recently from one of my uncles. I might have to start checking out some of their videos. The one guys voice is so NY and his charisma is pretty funny, so we'll see how these guys are. 

The spittin chiclets sandbagger vids are all pretty good except the last one which was horrible. But I agree Barstool is mainly advertising for unoriginal clothing or now their sports book. I probably listen to less than 5 podcasts total and only watch their content for one offs.

1 hour ago, capking said:

The spittin chiclets sandbagger vids are all pretty good except the last one which was horrible. But I agree Barstool is mainly advertising for unoriginal clothing or now their sports book. I probably listen to less than 5 podcasts total and only watch their content for one offs.

I've seen a little bit of the sandbagger videos and they're funny. Didnt watch the new one, I don't really follow all their content. I mainly listen to their podcasts to hear the interviews they get with ex NHLers cause the stories are usually pretty good. Their other takes/convos about the NHL & other topics are ok but Whitney is the only funny one. Biz is a little too over the top for my taste and then I cant stand RA's accent. 

Edited by Ole3wiggle

39 minutes ago, Ole3wiggle said:

I've seen a little bit of the sandbagger videos and they're funny. Didnt watch the new one, I don't really follow all their content. I mainly listen to their podcasts to hear the interviews they get with ex NHLers cause the stories are usually pretty good. Their other takes/convos about the NHL & other topics are ok but Whitney is the only funny one. Biz is a little too over the top for my taste and then I cant stand RA's accent. 

yeah I only listen if they get someone from my team on there

Kanye and Kyrie need to watch some BDS. Bagel and Lox, Have a Day!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Autoflex 505x

Titleist TSR3 15° Ventus Red 7s

Callaway UW 19° Ventus Red 7s

PXG 0311 Gen3 4-5p, 6-9t, PWst Oban CT-115s 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50° Oban CT-115s

Vokey 56°s Raw, 60°t Raw Project X LZ 6.0

Byron Morgan DH89x / 009 

4 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

I want to see one of these IG pros play someone from the LPGA that they claim they can beat.

Hell, half of them can beat Rory McIlroy, according to them. 😂

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

11 hours ago, Ole3wiggle said:

I can't believe how many of you not only watch/listen to one of these groups content, but some how find the time to watch & listen to multiple of these groups? I'd heard of NLU, Foreplay & BDS before but never the other two mentioned prior to today. What's weird is that I'm in my younger 30s and a pretty hardcore golf fan so I'm probably in a lot of these guys target audience. 

I followed NLU from very early days on twitter when they were actually funny and posted just funny things about pro golf. Now I can't stand any of them, they are all nauseating to listen to and they always beat the same old dead horse about the TOUR. 

Foreplay I'd heard of, but never really followed any of their content. I think I just missed out on being a Barstool Fan, I don't follow any of their big guys or content besides Spittin' Chiclets, which I'll occasionally listen to on a plane or something. All of the barstool s*** I've ever seen plugs advertisements out the a** so it's not surprising to me some of you have mentioned that on here. The guys on Foreplay kinda seem like dorks from the outside though. I've seen some videos of Riggs and he just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Trent just seems like a poser, like they offered him a job to do the golf show and it was a bump in pay or something so he said "ya, why not?". Again this is all from an outside view, never indulged in their content. 

Bob Does Sports I've just come across recently from one of my uncles. I might have to start checking out some of their videos. The one guys voice is so NY and his charisma is pretty funny, so we'll see how these guys are. 

It's not that hard to find the time. The podcast type episodes make for some easy listening background chatter when I'm working, hitting balls in my sim room, driving somewhere, etc. Actual golf videos are good when I'm making dinner for the fam and/or cleaning up afterwards.

The "feature length" videos are the only ones that I'll make a point to sit down and watch. But most everything I watch in respect to YT golf conveniently aligns with day-to-day activities. 

• Like 1

Another golf related one that I've recently stumbled across is Spud Run golf. Probably not for everyone, as it's not really heavy on playing golf. Just a small-ish channel run by a guy in southern OH. Who's realized many of our dreams and decided to build a golf hole in his back yard.

He works in construction, so he owns or has access to a lot of the machinery needed. Really cool to see the process from an average joe DIY perspective. He's got a beautiful piece of property, and the hole he built is actually quite nice. He only has one green, but it can be played to from a bunch of different tee boxes sprinkled throughout the property.

I think he's into his second year now with it. And plans to do an Air BNB where folks who stay there can play as well.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 7:33 PM, MUNIGRIT said:

Foreplay is trash. I was a fan of Riggs but he is way too corporate now and the constant fluffing of Kiz/Ain't no hobby is a joke. In person they are super arrogant and full of themselves. Frankie is incredibly annoying. 

Bob does Sports is great and Fat Perez is awesome. He played in college so no surprise that he can play. They are a good change of pace.

100% agree with the arrogant comment....  ran into Riggs in Pinehurst and you would think he was the major...  

• Like 2

On 11/14/2022 at 8:05 AM, capking said:

Isn’t it Nick? I don’t think it’s Perez, Bob randomly calls him Mr. _______ but I can’t remember 

his last name is not perez.. he gave a funny interview on how he got the name.. he was winning a match and someone told him he had hair like pat perez and the guy losing said something like "pat perez? yeah right.. more like fat perez".. and the name stayed 

Edited by monty09
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Ole3wiggle said:

It is tough but I do have a lot of airport/plane/driving and at workouts. I rotate what I listen to and right now it is more football pods. For me the key is to listen on 1.8x the speed. Sounds crazy but I started at 1.2 then 1.5 and now I'm at 1.8x. If I listen at normal speed now it sounds funny.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, Ole3wiggle said:

I watch before I go to bed each night.  I don’t really watch the PGA or LIV. Just YouTube channels. I also don’t watch much TV.

I find that I can run out of stuff to watch at times. I probably watch an hour a night.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 5:19 PM, MUNIGRIT said:

I want to see one of these IG pros play someone from the LPGA that they claim they can beat.

I don’t see many claim to beat the pros, but Good Good frequently have PGA Tour players playing.

They just played Luke Donald in a scramble and won.

1 hour ago, SollyinGA said:

I don’t see many claim to beat the pros, but Good Good frequently have PGA Tour players playing.

They just played Luke Donald in a scramble and won.

To me scrambles vs a PGA pro is really boring. What I am talking about is taking one of these loud mouthed guys that claim they can beat a LPGA tour player from the same tees straight up.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, monty09 said:

his last name is not perez.. he gave a funny interview on how he got the name.. he was winning a match and someone told him he had hair like pat perez and the guy losing said something like "pat perez? yeah right.. more like fat perez".. and the name stayed 

I know that wasn’t his name I was telling the person I replied to. 

1 hour ago, MUNIGRIT said:

To me scrambles vs a PGA pro is really boring. What I am talking about is taking one of these loud mouthed guys that claim they can beat a LPGA tour player from the same tees straight up.

I haven’t seen guys claim that. Can you throw out some names?

I know I’ve never seen anyone that could touch an LPGA Tour player. There was a young kid at the club that plays D2 now, he could probably challenge an average LPGA Tour player, but not someone like Lexi Thompson. 

9 minutes ago, SollyinGA said:

I know I’ve never seen anyone that could touch an LPGA Tour player. There was a young kid at the club that plays D2 now, he could probably challenge an average LPGA Tour player, but not someone like Lexi Thompson. 

One of the members at the club I caddied at back in the day also belonged to Bay Hill. Where he once got to play 18 with Se-Ri Pak. He was a pretty solid player. Hovered a little over scratch. She was a couple years out of her prime, but still absolutely beat the brakes off him. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SollyinGA said:

No names specifically I just comments on LPGA pages of guys challenging them. I want someone to show up and actually put it on the camera. I know one thing is Kang can beat her BF half of the time if he doesn't use his driver on par 5. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SollyinGA said:

from the same tees, I’m pretty sure some statistical analysis would say just about every D1 male golfer in the USA could beat an average lpga tour player on any given day. 

average driving distance is around 255 yards for lpga tour. 

what’s men’s D1? Conservatively 280. Maybe 290.

giving up 25 yards from the same tee is a massive difference.

having to hit hybrid when the D1 player is hitting 7 iron on a par 3…

it might not be a fair fight 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

from the same tees, I’m pretty sure some statistical analysis would say just about every D1 male golfer in the USA could beat an average lpga tour player on any given day. 

Yeah, I could certainly see that being an issue when you are talking about a D1 player.

That’s a lot of yardage to give up.

• Like 1

What 

22 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

Who is the average LPGA player?

11 hours ago, MUNIGRIT said:

What 

Who is the average LPGA player?

in theory, if you could create an average of all of the lpga players. 

so someone around 80th-100th in scoring average?

But go ahead and take women’s 50-100 in the world OWGR and I think D1 men would have no problem against them from the same tees.

side note: if D1 men were allowed to play full time on the lpga tour, do you actually think many of them wouldn’t be among the top players?

Edited by straightshot7

The clowns on social media that act like they can beat ANYONE that's an actual touring professional of any gender aren't D1 players. They're not that stupid. 

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

The clowns on social media that act like they can beat ANYONE that's an actual touring professional of any gender aren't D1 players. They're not that stupid. 

I don't know specifics on any social media clowns, but I'd imagine they exist. And would also think the above is likely true about them. 

On the semi-inflated note of inflated egos and social media, did anyone else see the video where Garrett and Grant played a couple of HS kids at Pinehurst? Was posted fairly recently. The curious thing was that both HS guys claimed to be +4 handicaps.  

They were solid players, but there was no way either played to a +4. One was maybe right about scratch. The other played more like a 4-6 hdcp. And in the digital age it took all of 30 seconds to confirm what the eye test was seeing. Sure enough, their scoring was not representative of what one would expect to see from a +4 player. 

What I wonder is whether it was Garrett and Grant who exaggerated their opponents' skill for the sake of the video. Or if the two HS kids actually believed they were at that elite level. 

2 minutes ago, SE Gamer said:

What I wonder is whether it was Garrett and Grant who exaggerated their opponents' skill for the sake of the video. Or if the two HS kids actually believed they were at that elite level. 

fetchimage.jpeg.fea6318319c2a72d0a73e205a448a3b6.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SE Gamer said:

On the semi-inflated note of inflated egos and social media, did anyone else see the video where Garrett and Grant played a couple of HS kids at Pinehurst? Was posted fairly recently. The curious thing was that both HS guys claimed to be +4 handicaps.  

Personal take: knowing you're about to be on a GG main YT channel vid can certainly add or subtract a few strokes. Realistically, this would be a great tool for a future college coach to use: " ... and regarding your ability to come in clutch and handle high pressure situations, so I saw this GG video with you in it..." 🤣

Devil's Advocate: it got out of hand quickly, and when watching that vid I wondered if Garrett used the weather as an excuse to cut the match.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

11 hours ago, straightshot7 said:

in theory, if you could create an average of all of the lpga players. 

so someone around 80th-100th in scoring average?

But go ahead and take women’s 50-100 in the world OWGR and I think D1 men would have no problem against them from the same tees.

side note: if D1 men were allowed to play full time on the lpga tour, do you actually think many of them wouldn’t be among the top players?

There are plenty of D1 players that would get their a** kicked. That is why I wish someone would post a match. 

3 hours ago, DON SVO said:

Personal take: knowing you're about to be on a GG main YT channel vid can certainly add or subtract a few strokes. Realistically, this would be a great tool for a future college coach to use: " ... and regarding your ability to come in clutch and handle high pressure situations, so I saw this GG video with you in it..." 🤣

Devil's Advocate: it got out of hand quickly, and when watching that vid I wondered if Garrett used the weather as an excuse to cut the match.

Agreed. Might be easier to get away with hyping your handicap at the local muni track. Doing it on the internet for millions to see, that's a riskier move.

Funny you mention the weather aspect of it, as I was thinking similarly. More so that they got lucky the weather cut it short.