TSR2 7 Wood - Who has hit one?

manima1

Looking for insights from all those who have hit or own the TRS2 7W.  I recently had an order with DD's for a Ping G425 7W get cancelled due to supply chain issues, so made an audible to this head.  Looking for any feedback from the 7W players out there.

This is my first dive into the world of the 7W, so very curious to see how this thing works for me.

I've tried, but I continued with my inability to consistently strike fairway woods.

I love the idea, but it just didn't work for me. I went with a 2 utility instead.

Titleist TSi3 9*          | Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65TX

Titleist 2021 T200 2 iron | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 100X

Titleist 2021 T200 3 iron | KBS Tour 130X

Titleist 2021 T100S 4-PW  | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 50.08F          | KBS Tour 130X

Vokey SM9 56.08M, 62.08M  | Dynamic Gold S400

LAB Golf DF 2.1 Custom    | Accra x LAB

I've had a TSi2 for a little over a year. I bought it to replace an Exotics CB2 (2007) as balls hit with modern 7WD's are flying further. I have it lofted down (C-1) and have basically replaced my 5WD with it. It covers the gap I need and is easier to hit well. 

I recently tested the TSR2 & 3, 4 and 7WD's as well, and I prefer the TSi's.

Edited by nitram

Titleist TSR3 9*                                                    MCA Diamana X'17 60X

Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4WD                                        MCA Diamana X'17 70X

Titleist TSi2 21* 7WD                                           MCA Diamana GT  80TX
MIURA TC-201   4-6                                              MCA MMT-105TX

MIURA MB-101   7-P                                        .     MCA MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Prototype  50, 55, 60                           MCA MMT-125 TX (8-iron)

Betti MiNOVAi 3.0 Tour DASS Proto 35/348       Accra FXP 300

Ordered a TSR2+ and TSR 7 wood back in Sept., stock and still haven't received them?! Season is over here now. hopefully have them by next season?!

Titleist TSR2+

Titleist TSR 7W

Titleist T100 5-GW

Vokey SM9 54/58

SC Phantom 5.5

Titleist TruFeel

Super Bowl LII Champions
Fly Eagles Fly!

13 hours ago, BigUrsus said:

i have. spun like a lob wedge and peaked at 160' height

+1 to this.  I also found that the similarly lofted hybrid (Stealth, not TSi2 fwiw) had better spin rates, was easier to find the middle, flew a few extra yards longer, and was a touch straighter.  That by no means is a knock on a 7w, it just means it isn't the right club for me.

I am on the quest for the clubs I hit the best, feel and looks be darned.

These below have my attention at the moment.

SIM - Rogue Silver 130

Speedzone Tour Big - Arcane

Rogue Sub Zero - Thump 

Ping i525 5-UW - Modus 120 Black Edition 

SM8 50/F, 54/D, 58/M - i123

Bettinardi Hive Custom - Spencer Levin Style

Following as I have one on order

PXG 0311 7.5* (set to 6.75*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX Tipped 0.75" @ 45.25"

TM Original One Mini Driver 13* (set at 11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Diamana BF 80TX Tipped 1.5" @ 43"
Srixon U45 18* w/ Aldila RIP Alpha 105X @ 39.5"
Adams Idea Pro Hybrid 23* w/ UST Proforce V2 90X @ 39" 

Cobra KING Tour with MIM w/ PX LS 7.0 5-PW
Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 49* w/ TT DG TI X7 Tipped 3/8" D5 SW

Mizuno T22 Denim Copper 54* & 58* w/ TT DG TI X100 Onyx Tipped 3/8" D5 SW

Putter: Evnroll ER2v

I played the TS2 7 wood for a few years and recently upgraded to the TSR2 7 wood and it's been great. I deloft the hell out of my clubs so for me it doesn't launch super high, rather gives me numbers like a 5 wood. Agree with others though that if it's windy I won't pull it out as it'll balloon in the wind, I'll play a low 4 iron instead if I have to hit into any wind. Other than that it's been one of my favorite clubs in the bag.

Titleist TSR2 11* - Tour AD UB 7x

Titleist TSR2 16.5* - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist TSR2 21* - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist T200 4 iron - Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist T100 5 - 9 - Modus 130x

Vokey SM9 46F, 50F, 54D, 58LBK

Buttonback Newport 2 Stability Tour

14 hours ago, WristySwing said:

+1 to this.  I also found that the similarly lofted hybrid (Stealth, not TSi2 fwiw) had better spin rates, was easier to find the middle, flew a few extra yards longer, and was a touch straighter.  That by no means is a knock on a 7w, it just means it isn't the right club for me.

funny enough i was fit into the 16.5 TSR2 and a stealth plus 2/3 hybrid because the launch of the 7 wood was so bad.

put the Ping 7 wood in the bag a few months ago. Really happy with it. Can hit it very high and have it stop nicely as compared to my 3 iron. Really a helpful addition to the bag. I see more and more in tour players WITB as well. Currently gaming the TSR2 so will be interested to see reviews of the TSR 2 7W

20 hours ago, millerj said:

I played the TS2 7 wood for a few years and recently upgraded to the TSR2 7 wood and it's been great. I deloft the hell out of my clubs so for me it doesn't launch super high, rather gives me numbers like a 5 wood. Agree with others though that if it's windy I won't pull it out as it'll balloon in the wind, I'll play a low 4 iron instead if I have to hit into any wind. Other than that it's been one of my favorite clubs in the bag.

Great to hear, I also deloft the s*** out of my clubs (my 4w launches like a stinger off the deck at times 😂 ) so hoping this will be a great fit.  Excited to try it.

Recently got the TSR2 7 wood as well. I see some mention a delay in receiving them but mine came very quickly (under 2 weeks) which was great. I think it performs very well for what I am looking for. As with most clubs, it's not for everyone and maybe not as versatile as a hybrid out of the rough and such. I think it really comes down to how you plan/want to use it.

To me, hybrids are better for into green shots from all sorts of lies, driving irons are better for well, driving, and fairway woods to me kind of blend both of those things. As many others have said it really comes down to what works for your swing, what your goals are with the club, and obviously finding the right shaft combination.

25 minutes ago, LakerHawk1993 said:

Recently got the TSR2 7 wood as well. I see some mention a delay in receiving them but mine came very quickly (under 2 weeks) which was great. I think it performs very well for what I am looking for. As with most clubs, it's not for everyone and maybe not as versatile as a hybrid out of the rough and such. I think it really comes down to how you plan/want to use it.

To me, hybrids are better for into green shots from all sorts of lies, driving irons are better for well, driving, and fairway woods to me kind of blend both of those things. As many others have said it really comes down to what works for your swing, what your goals are with the club, and obviously finding the right shaft combination.

That's why the UW 21  is a BEAST

• High shot 
  • Low Shot
  • Fade
  • Draw
  • Crazy Stopping power 

NOTE: I have both the TSi2 and TSr2 Heaven woods.

Edited by jorellanes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jorellanes said:

That's why the UW 21  is a BEAST

• High shot 
  • Low Shot
  • Fade
  • Draw
  • Crazy Stopping power 

NOTE: I have both the TSi2 and TSr2 Heaven woods.

I have the UW 21, the TSR2 7W is en route to hopefully replace it.

I love the UW21, but for me I still launch it a little lower than I'd like on approach shots into greens.  It's been a great club but looking for a bit more height, as I've said before, I deloft the crap out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manima1 said:

I have the UW 21, the TSR2 7W is en route to hopefully replace it.

I love the UW21, but for me I still launch it a little lower than I'd like on approach shots into greens.  It's been a great club but looking for a bit more height, as I've said before, I deloft the crap out of it.

I see. I hit both high. 

The 7 wood is never coming out of my bag. Play the TSi2 and it’s fantastic. Key is to set it up right. I put a low-launch Accra FX 3.0 84g shaft in mine over the stock 70g mid-launch shaft it came with.  It’s an invaluable weapon. I changed the hosel settings until I liked how it looked from address. Can hit it from any lie, land it on greens, it just blows away hybrids for versatility, distance and consistency. I find it easier to be on target with a 7 wood over a hybrid. 

I tried the new TSR2 but did not see much difference. I prefer the target centered on the face of the TSi2 versus the lines all the way across the face of the TSR fairways. The new one may launch slightly higher but I did not need that. Otherwise they’re the same. 

Played a Cobra F8 7 wood for the longest before switching to the Titleist. I use it off the tee on tight, shorter par 4s, as a layup club and to hit long approaches to greens. Spin is perfect. I swing this club about 100 mph. 

• Like 3

@JourdanM  

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

10 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

The 7 wood is never coming out of my bag. Play the TSi2 and it’s fantastic. Key is to set it up right. I put a low-launch Accra FX 3.0 84g shaft in mine over the stock 70g mid-launch shaft it came with.  It’s an invaluable weapon. I changed the hosel settings until I liked how it looked from address. Can hit it from any lie, land it on greens, it just blows away hybrids for versatility, distance and consistency. I find it easier to be on target with a 7 wood over a hybrid. 

I tried the new TSR2 but did not see much difference. I prefer the target centered on the face of the TSi2 versus the lines all the way across the face of the TSR fairways. The new one may launch slightly higher but I did not need that. Otherwise they’re the same. 

Played a Cobra F8 7 wood for the longest before switching to the Titleist. I use it off the tee on tight, shorter par 4s, as a layup club and to hit long approaches to greens. Spin is perfect. I swing this club about 100 mph. 

This. I was fit into a TSR2 7W with a 1K Black and am loving it so far with the lower launching shaft

On 11/9/2022 at 2:02 PM, manima1 said:

Looking for insights from all those who have hit or own the TRS2 7W.  I recently had an order with DD's for a Ping G425 7W get cancelled due to supply chain issues, so made an audible to this head.  Looking for any feedback from the 7W players out there.

This is my first dive into the world of the 7W, so very curious to see how this thing works for me.

I gamed G425 in 3/5 wood and just transitioned to all TSR lines (TSR2+, TSR3 5W, TSR2 7W). First off, the shape is different. Ping is very easy to hit because of how long the face is from toe to heel, but also very shallow with the weight deep in the back. Titleist have this unique shape where when you look at face on view to the face, it has this shape similar to the human eye/eyelid if that makes sense. 

I just found Ping clubs so easy to hit and get airborne. Such a cheat. Titleist require better striking IMO, but fun as well. I just wish the G430 wood was out as well. I would legitimately give that a chance if you're not in a hurry. I've seen folks game Callaway Rogue and TM Stealth 7W too and those club head shape/acoustics sound good, too, as well as performance. 

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

TSR2+ 13* at 14.5* w/ Ventus Blue 7S BENCHED

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

TSR2 21* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

i230 5-PW w/ Modus 105S

SM9 52F, 56M, 60T WW w/ DG S200

Ping Anser 2D, Spider GT, Scotty H21 Proto, or Betti BB1 Soft Carbon '22

ProV1 or -ProV1

Nothing above is permanent even though I tell myself it is...

On 11/10/2022 at 7:25 AM, Golf64 said:

Ordered a TSR2+ and TSR 7 wood back in Sept., stock and still haven't received them?! Season is over here now. hopefully have them by next season?!

Fellow Ontario'n here.

I ordered TSR2 Driver and TSR2+ FW back on Sep 20, they shipped from Carlsbad, CA Nov 9 and arrived on Nov 11 to my dealer in Kitchener.  Of course my last round of golf was Nov 10 -> Murphy's Law at work !   TSR2+ is an interesting stick, larger than I expected, killer off the tee, will have to get it on real grass next spring to see if I can elevate it.  If not, I'll just stick with a 19* hybrid as my longest wood.

WITB for 2023  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag -> 12 clubs
Titleist TSR2 11*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

King Tec Forged 19* Hybrid  |  MMT 70R
Mizuno JPX-923 23* & 26* Hybrid  |  Recoil 95S
Wilson D9 Forged 6-GW  |  Steelfiber i95cw-R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58*  |  Steelfiber i110cw-X

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips  |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo