UPS delivered my new clubs somewhere else. Happen to anyone else?

bekgolf

Clubs were supposed to be delivered yesterday but it didn't happen.  Today the tracking number is "out for delivery".  UPS stops in front of my house then leaves without getting out of the truck, about an hour later I get an email that my package was just delivered.

I've already made the report to the merchant per UPS instructions.  I've been at the same address for 28 years and this has never happened, I'm a little worked up over it and I'm wondering if it's happened to anyone else?  If so how did it turn out?

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

I have had UPS deliver the wrong thing to me once after losing my package for a week or so.  They said they found it and when I got it, it was not mine.  I had to call them and eventually they found my package, the right one and delivered it.  Side note: I tried to get the wrong package back to them, but they didn't seem interested in getting it back to whoever it belonged.  I hope that doesn't happen to your clubs...

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

Never a golf club (as far as I can remember) but all three major carriers USPS, UPS, FedEx have delivered at least one of my packages to the wrong place over the years. 

The only real worrisome one was a fairly expensive large PC monitor that was to be delivered on Christmas Eve a few years back. This one was FedEx. It showed as delivered, I walked around the entire neighborhood looking on porches, called all my immediate neighbors, nothing.

About 5pm that evening a guy who lives two neighborhoods away drove up and delivered the package, which he had found sitting on his porch when he got home that day. I told him how much we appreciated him schlepping that big, heavy box to us and he just smiled and said, "Merry Christmas". 

P.S. I have no idea why they delivered it there. His house number was nothing like our, names of the streets weren't similar, other than being in the same ZIP code there was no reason our box ended up on his porch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was waiting for my driver to arrive and noticed a box in front of my neighbor's door that looked like one that would hold a driver. Someone had opened the edge to see that it was a driver, so they left it there.  I don't know how it happened, but there are kids who live there, anyways it had my address on it, so I took it.

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

UPS screwed up a driver delivery to me. I saw that my driver was out for delivery on a day I happened to be off work. I was outside washing and waxing my truck while keeping a lookout for my club. I went in the house around 11 am and happened to take a look at my shipping status and it said it had been delivered. I knew that couldn't be because the UPS truck never pulled down in my court. The funny thing was that the delivery comment said my package was left at the rear door for safety reasons. Well unless the driver climbed over a 6ft fence there was no way he left it at the back door.

I contacted the seller and they were not any help. They said as long as it said UPS delivered they couldn't do anything. I contacted UPS and they were not any help either. I filed with Pay Pal and they wouldn't refund because it said the package was delivered.

About a week later my wife and I came home on Thursday night around 11:30 and there wasn't anything on my porch. When I left at 4:30 to go to work on Friday morning my driver was sitting on my front porch. I didn't know UPS had all night delivery.

• Thanks 1

Not clubs but other deliveries via FedEx, UPS and USPS have had issues in our area. We got someone’s Rx last week, address was for a house in a different zip code. It’s on my way to work so I dropped it off the next morning. Also got a leaf blower delivered over the summer that our neighbor had ordered. The most reliable delivery is Amazon by far- those folks seemingly never miss. 

• Like 2

With something as expensive as golf clubs, you would think the shipper would always ask for delivery confirmation with a signature. 

As for Amazon, I've had my packages delivered across the street and to a next door neighbor so all of the carriers seem to have issues. 

Always seems to get worse around the holidays.

Hope you can track your clubs down soon. 

• Like 2

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

4 hours ago, Ghost of Snead said:

With something as expensive as golf clubs, you would think the shipper would always ask for delivery confirmation with a signature. 

As for Amazon, I've had my packages delivered across the street and to a next door neighbor so all of the carriers seem to have issues. 

Always seems to get worse around the holidays.

Hope you can track your clubs down soon. 

Since you brought it up I'll add another delivery horror story to the mix.

I ordered a $250 fishing reel online. It was shipped delivery confirmation with signature through USPS. 

I told my wife she needed to answer the door on the day of delivery to receive my package because she needed to sign for it. When I got home from work I asked my wife where my package was because I checked and it said it was delivered. Guess what no package. No knock on the door, no note left, no signature.

I called the local post office the next morning and told them my package wasn't delivered. I was told if tracking said it was delivered then it is considered delivered. I went off and said since signature was required to assure delivery to the right address I want to see the signature on the receipt.  At that point I was told the matter would be looked into and I would get a call back.

Four days later a person shows up at my door with my package. The guy says I'm sorry but I have had your package for days and I didn't know it. He said he lives two blocks away and the package was left on his porch. His son brought it in the house and he wasn't aware of the package right away. So wrong address and no signature to boot.

I called the post office the next day and asked how my case was going. I said you have had time to supply me with the signature. I still got we are checking into it so I told them the story of what actually happened to my package. Their reply was "well that happens sometimes"

What irritates me is there is no accountability with any of these delivery co. They mark the package delivered and you are out of luck if you didn't get it.

As far as Amazon goes I got my first package delivered to the wrong address last week. I knew the driver was outside because I was tracking it. I walked outside to get my package, I see the truck pulling out of the court and no package. I had to walk around the court looking at Amazon packages to find mine on the wrong porch.

I like the fact that Amazon asks you how the delivery went. Well at least I did.  I gave them a bad review and let them know my package was delivered to the wrong address. I thought I would have received a reply about the wrong delivery but I never heard a word. I have always taken the time to leave a good review because their delivery service has been fantastic. By not replying to a poor review I feel leaving any review is a waste of time from here on out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Just relax.  They will locate the merch and get it delivered. 

The Ferguson prediction was accurate.  A UPS problem solver just came by the house to pick up my clubs, lol.  She was told I had the mis delivered package.

She called in, got the right address, got the clubs and just dropped them off.  She was a golfer too so I tipped her with a sleeve of balls.  I'm glad that's over.  First world problems, I know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elsie451 said:

Don't know about UPS or FedEx, but i once had a delivery from usps get lost and they can actually track down the gps coordinates of where the package was when it got scanned as delivered.

Lol. I’d be shocked if the usps knew where the post office was. You ever checked in on the tracking of a delivery on usps?  Day 1: Departure scan (Elgin, IL)  Day 2 - 18: we have no f&$?!ng idea where this thing is. Day 19: out for delivery (Elgin, IL) Day 20: Delivered (Ft Lauderdale, FL) 

10 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

Lol. I’d be shocked if the usps knew where the post office was. You ever checked in on the tracking of a delivery on usps?  Day 1: Departure scan (Elgin, IL)  Day 2 - 18: we have no f&$?!ng idea where this thing is. Day 19: out for delivery (Elgin, IL) Day 20: Delivered (Ft Lauderdale, FL) 

It seems to be different depending on what part of the country you are in. 

I'm in the PNW and USPS is tied with FEDEX for on time delivery imo.  UPS is the most unreliable delivery service here.  I have things show as "Out for delivery" only to go back to the warehouse and come out the next day. 

9 hours ago, bekgolf said:

It seems to be different depending on what part of the country you are in. 

I'm in the PNW and USPS is tied with FEDEX for on time delivery imo.  UPS is the most unreliable delivery service here.  I have things show as "Out for delivery" only to go back to the warehouse and come out the next day. 

FedEx used to be the one that never missed an expected delivery day in our area but the last couple years they are the worst. The stuff always gets here but I'd say maybe 7 out of the last 10 FedEx Ground packages we've received have done the "On Truck For Delivery Today" thing in the morning but never showed up and then the next day (or one time the second day later) they go back out for delivery and do show up.

I kind of thought it was just they were too busy and were putting more on the truck than they could deliver in one day until I ordered a bulky 35lb item a few months ago. Their GPS map showed the truck within a couple miles of our house for several hours. Then about 4pm it pulled up and parked in front of our house, the driver walked across the street and placed a small package on a neighbor's porch, got back in the truck and drove off. Later that evening the package showed up back at the FedEx depot and they eventually delivered it the next day.

The driver simply did not want to schlep that big, heavy box the 40 feet from the street to our porch. When it was delivered the next day, it was the same truck but a different driver. 

• Sad 1

With the sheer volume of shipping between UPS, FedEx, Amazon, USPS, and whomever else, I’m surprised at the level of accuracy, frankly. 

Things do happen, and it can be frustrating. I’ve had items mis-delivered, but it usually gets straightened out. 

• Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Right about this time last year, I had a Bettinardi putter gone missing with FedEx.. Package was signature required. Tracking had some strange entries then showed delivered at a very late hour, but signed by someone that no one knew who it was. It took some back and forth to get my money back and credit card bank had to issue an investigation before all the dust settled.. a one of a kind Hive putter had gone missing for good. 

Unfortunately I think this time of the year all these companies hire extra seasonal workers for the increase in volume and all kind of weird things could happen. 

PXG shipments over $500 have adult signature required but they have all been left by the door, never once did anyone tried to get a signature. 

Edited by mister2cool

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

13 minutes ago, darkhelmet said:

Wish they would all follow Amazon's lead and upload a picture of the delivered package.  Easy to tell which one of my neighbors' front steps the package actually got delivered to when there's a mistake.

Here is my latest picture of delivery. Still trying to figure out where my package is.

315958795_6276008629081252_340278275067187018_n.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Greenie said:

Here is my latest picture of delivery. Still trying to figure out where my package is.

315958795_6276008629081252_340278275067187018_n.jpg

I used the laugh emoji because the picture of your delivery is funny.  Sorry about your package.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:55 AM, mshills said:

With the sheer volume of shipping between UPS, FedEx, Amazon, USPS, and whomever else, I’m surprised at the level of accuracy, frankly. 

Things do happen, and it can be frustrating. I’ve had items mis-delivered, but it usually gets straightened out. 

Honestly - I kind of think this too. I have a minimum of 6-8 packages a week delivered between all of our Prime deliveries, pet food, golf stuff, whatever. I think in the 20 years I've lived in this house I've had 2 packages actually get lost-lost and both were covered. 

I did ship one club UPS a couple years ago marked delivered that wasn't - guy said his neighbor brought it over a few days later bc it was left on his porch and he was on vacation. 

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I've got a story about shipping.  Live in Canada, so we have the FedEx, UPS, Purolater, and CanadaPost.  I sold a shaft a Tensei Pro Orange when they were the hot thing for a guy I know who didn't get along with it on eBay to a buyer in the UK.  I dropped the package off at CanPost and underestimated shipping (their calculator was off by almost $40 too low).  So strike 1.  I guess I could have just cancelled the transaction but I didn't want my eBay rating to take a hit.  Anyways, I ship and go on with my day.  2 weeks later I get a message from the guy asking where it is.  I say I don't know, but give it the rest of the two weeks as per eBay and PayPal and we can figure it out.  Guy disgruntledly agrees.  Of course, day after deadline when the window closes I have a PayPal dispute in my inbox regarding a not delivered item.  I call CanPost to find out that CanadaPost shipped this thing BY BOAT across the Atlantic because "that was the level you paid for with no guarantee of delivery by any date".  Ugh.  So now, not only did I have to pay an extra $40 shipping (and this was already $170 CAD shipping), the employee assured me that these things are usually done in a week or two max when I dropped it off when they ship internationally, now they pulled a full 180 and claim there is no time limit to when it gets delivered.  For context, I shipped a fairway wood to Malaysia for cheaper and faster using CanPost as well, which is mind boggling.  So someone colossally messed up here, but I can't prove anything because nobody wants to help and is moving at a snail's pace.  Did I have the employee's name?  No of course not, it was two weeks ago at a random drug store that has a CanPost outpost in it that I happened to see on my way to work one day and had a few minutes.  I have the receipt but that isn't good enough.  Of course it isn't, all it gives is the tracking number and the level I paid for and it can take 6-10 weeks to look into, well past my window of opportunity to appease PayPal/eBay.

PayPal being PayPal, of course immediately sides with the buyer.  In fact, I got the dispute at something like 2am and at 5:30am had another email from them on the same day saying they sided with the buyer because I had not provided them details in enough time.  PayPal gives me something like a 15 day window where if the item is delivered I can dispute it back and it is chalked up as out of the seller's hands because of shipping delays.  Of course, the item shows up on Day 16 at the door step with confirmation from whatever UK Post is.  I message the guy and say "come on be a bro, the item is there, can you pay for it now?".  He ghosts me.  I file a PayPal claim.  They say it is an eBay issue.  I file an eBay claim, they say it is a PayPal issue; circles ad infinitum.  Eventually after calling every day for 2 weeks to both companies I get someone with half a brain cell to rub together and they say that it is in fact a PayPal issue (or maybe eBay, I cannot remember its been 3-4 years now) and had I spoken to the proper people they would have auto-debited his account when the item arrived.  Of course though, I am outside the window and their hands are tied, but if I really wanted to, I could go reach out to the local police in the UK because this is now a minor theft and is fully now out of eBay/PayPal's control.  

I resigned myself that now because of CanPost, I paid $170 to lose an item and left it at that.  Should I have done my due diligence and paid cancelled the transaction or just bit the bullet and paid another $50 to get guaranteed 5 day shipping?  Probably, but what can you do.  That was the last thing I ever sold on eBay outside of North America and I will stick to my guns on that.

Edited by WristySwing
  • Sad 2

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips