2022 Q-School

Medson

Does anyone know what tees they play from or what the total yardage is? I noticed on the qualification sheet that players must have an index of 4.0 or better on courses that average 6,200 yds so I am assuming the total yardage will be 6,200 - 6,400?

Also not to try and change the conversation here but the Highlands/Marshwood course at Highland Oaks doesn't even rate the tees at 6,400 for women. In fact, the longest rated women's tees are 5,800 yds (as I see it on Golfpass). So if you were a woman playing out of this course and wanted to prove your index on a course that averages 6,200 yds....you couldn't do it, right? 

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

8 minutes ago, vandyfan said:

Does anyone know what tees they play from or what the total yardage is? I noticed on the qualification sheet that players must have an index of 4.0 or better on courses that average 6,200 yds so I am assuming the total yardage will be 6,200 - 6,400?

Also not to try and change the conversation here but the Highlands/Marshwood course at Highland Oaks doesn't even rate the tees at 6,400 for women. In fact, the longest rated women's tees are 5,800 yds (as I see it on Golfpass). So if you were a woman playing out of this course and wanted to prove your index on a course that averages 6,200 yds....you couldn't do it, right? 

That would be correct. While it is less common, there are still courses that don't rate their longer tees for women. 

I would expect they play Q school at yardage comparable to most LPGA stops which would push the total out to typically 6400 - 6600 yards for par 72.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Medson said:

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/qualifying-tournament

Stage II begins tomorrow. A few big time college or ex-college players are in the field. Anyone has any takes?

I’m rooting for Bobbi Stricker.  She’ll probably have dad Steve on the bag.  Her younger sister recently won the Wisconsin Division 1 state high school championship.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Yea, but they can still play Stage II as ams and then join EPSON after college season. Thought there might be some college seniors doing that. 

3 minutes ago, 18majors said:

They're days and nights between LPGA and Epson Tour!

Thanks 🙄

A graduating senior who’s out of eligibility will have to wait until Q school next year and won’t have any status in ‘23 versus playing stage II now and being able to jump onto EPSON after the college season. This is what Leona Maguire did under the old rules. 

• Like 2

Looks like Hannah Gregg was the last one in for Stage II. She can obviously play a bit but kind of amazing the number of sponsors she has given her relative professional ability. The power of social media I guess. 

• Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

9 hours ago, vandyfan said:

Looks like Hannah Gregg was the last one in for Stage II. She can obviously play a bit but kind of amazing the number of sponsors she has given her relative professional ability. The power of social media I guess. 

That gets me about almost all the social media queens. Heck Hailey Ostrom can’t even get out of Stage 1 and I don’t know if she’s ever cashed a check on the WAPT or the Sunshine tour or whatever but claims she’s a professional golfer and has some ridiculous sponsors; at least Nike doesn’t sponsor her any more. 

IMO it just stinks because there are a lot of ladies grinding out there every day that are a lot more deserving of the sponsor $ 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vandyfan said:

thanks for sharing. Hadn't previously heard of Hannah Gregg. Saw that Hannah started with a +5 (T121). 

Question: Is it still "Top 30 and ties" = advance to the Q-Series finals?

(my info= from the Stage 1 FAQs/'Fast facts' PDF published Jan/August 2022... so might be outdated?).

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/qualifying-tournament

https://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/qualifying-tournament/2022/2022_qschool-fast-facts_final.pdf?la=en&hash=559989857AA0C9AD89E3A2D4BB4CF5788C7FFD7D

http://leaderboard.symetratour.com/public/QSLeaderboard.aspx

Edited by JungleJimbo

Stage II accepted 50 qualifiers, the rest of Q-Series will be filled by Epson Tour #11-35, LPGA #101-150, LET #1-10 and Rolex Top 75.

My guesses are:

Epson Tour                 25

LPGA                           22

LET                               6

Rolex                            5                  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/18/2022 at 12:48 AM, mallrat said:

That gets me about almost all the social media queens. Heck Hailey Ostrom can’t even get out of Stage 1 and I don’t know if she’s ever cashed a check on the WAPT or the Sunshine tour or whatever but claims she’s a professional golfer and has some ridiculous sponsors; at least Nike doesn’t sponsor her any more. 

IMO it just stinks because there are a lot of ladies grinding out there every day that are a lot more deserving of the sponsor $ 

You know as well as I know why these Insta-golfers get good sponsorships, it certainly isn't their desire and hard work grinding it out for a future in the LPGA.

Some of these girls likely make more money than touring Pro's. It's kinda sickening as you said, but it's hard to blame them, easy money, tons of travel, sounds like a constant vacation to me.

image.png.a9df82ed65223d589061bb46ada19e00.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChronicSlicer said:

You know as well as I know why these Insta-golfers get good sponsorships, it certainly isn't their desire and hard work grinding it out for a future in the LPGA.

Some of these girls likely make more money than touring Pro's. It's kinda sickening as you said, but it's hard to blame them, easy money, tons of travel, sounds like a constant vacation to me.

image.png.a9df82ed65223d589061bb46ada19e00.png

Yeah I get it just frustrating. Don’t say you’re a professional golfer. 95% of the people have no clue that Paige “whatever name she is using” isn’t good enough to be on a tour, they think she chooses to not be. When the ANWA came out she said something about getting her Am status back; uhh why does she have Pro status? 

And sorry but dressing like that doesn’t help grow the game. Sorry for my get off my lawn moment. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

Not surprised to see Yubol, Wannasean, and Kuvanan near the top of the leaderboard. I expect them all to be on the big tour next year. 

Oon missed the cut off by one. Ouch!

FFC nearly finished dfl. Brutal year for her. 

Yes shocking from Oon. Was well-positioned after R3 (18th)... then an 80 in R4 to finish T51 to miss the cut by one. 

@woahnelly: Is there somewhere to see the hole-by-hole scores? I checked the Leaderboard (Linked below) but it doesn’t appear to offer that drill-down option when you click the player's name?

http://leaderboard.symetratour.com/public/QSLeaderboard.aspx#

..edit: found it. Clicking on player name opens into a new tab with the detailed scorecard.  Undone by a Double-bogey on 18th. 
http://leaderboard.symetratour.com/public/QSScorecard.aspx?TournamentID=2022082&PlayerID=99046

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/yu-sang-hou-birdies-final-hole-among-50-players-advance-lpga-q-series

12C48284-44C5-49BA-AE94-FF2715D3922B.jpeg

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Yes shocking from Oon. Was well-positioned after R3 (18th)... then an 80 in R4 to finish T51 to miss the cut by one. 

@woahnelly: Is there somewhere to see the hole-by-hole scores? I checked the Leaderboard (Linked below) but it doesn’t appear to offer that drill-down option when you click the player's name?

http://leaderboard.symetratour.com/public/QSLeaderboard.aspx#

..edit: found it. Clicking on player name opens into a new tab with the detailed scorecard. 

Yep just click and voila!

Other notables, Annie's USC college teammate Karen Chung advances

Anita Uwadia advances, long hitter who played at the Dow this season, and missed her card by one stroke in Stage 3.

One Hou sister is in.

Not as familar with the Euros, but Leonnie Harm is a nice player as well 

Whatever happened with Sharon Ahn ? 

Ill be curious see see which KLPGA + JLPGA exports try their hand in Stage 3. Hae Ran Ryu is committed, who just won this weekend on her tour. Would like to see Somi Lee and of course queen Min Ji Park, who is now 12 in the Rolex Rankings. 

Edited by woahnelly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mallrat said:

Yeah I get it just frustrating. Don’t say you’re a professional golfer. 95% of the people have no clue that Paige “whatever name she is using” isn’t good enough to be on a tour, they think she chooses to not be. When the ANWA came out she said something about getting her Am status back; uhh why does she have Pro status? 

And sorry but dressing like that doesn’t help grow the game. Sorry for my get off my lawn moment. 

You are correct, dressing like that does not help grow the game, but it helps Hailey and Paige's bank account grow. 

• Like 1