Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

1 hour ago, Jmccas said:

I am concerned about the low spin nature of PD irons. Hoping right shaft and ball can help mitigate some of that. 

The 0211ST irons look good. I need to go the PXG store in Orlando to do a proper fit with them. 

I am playing prov1x vs prov1 for some spin, and the shafts are TT Elevate Tours. The driver is the only low-spin head and shaft in my bag at this point, and I’m starting to wonder whether I might move to a “normal” spin head in driver. But I’m really happy with all of it so not looking for needless change. 

I’m not sure you can still get the 0211ST, but I think the new 0317ST is the most comparable. That being said, there are two reasons I wound up in those irons after my MPs. Higher bounce and chasing feel. If you like the lower bounce of Mizuno my recommendation to check out the 223 still stands. In fact, with the added camber that might be a good one for me. I’m just happy with fitting into the stock PXG shaft and paying $89 a club for my STs after trying lots of more expensive stuff I liked less. 

If you can play MP32s you can absolutely play the ST blades from PXG, happily. 

Best of luck whichever way you go.

I went from 1st Gen P790's very nice but 2 years later I went with the  PING G710's as they were not for me. Then came the ZX5's nice looking and feeling clubs. Didn't care for the rust like build up on the back edges of the blade as I always washed my clubs after every round as it possible I didn't get them completely dried but that became an issue for me. Then went to PXG Gen 4 0311 XP's everything about them was nice except my lies were not correct as they were all over the place had to get them readjusted. Plus I should have requested a heavier center weight as they felt too light.

Late into the summer I picked up some PING i525's and feel very happy with my purchased, a bit more forgiving then what I played previously, just as long as the PXG's. They don't feel as soft or as nice as PXG or Srixon but they feel very nice as there is not much difference in feel when you hitting the sweet spot as that is with any brand. Ball really jumps of the face as I would say they feel powerful as they don't punish me on mishits as they really hold the line.They do feel easier to hit because of this. 

I understand how some brands work better than others as that is exactly how I feel about the i525's. To me these are also a big improvement over the i500's and check all the boxes in what I was looking for as these to me are money. The only set of irons that came close to me making my decision were the Mizuno Pro 225's but my numbers were a bit better with the i525's especially when it came to dispersion. Now what will happen when TM releases the new P790's. I don't want to think about it Lol! For now I'm really enjoying what works best for me.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Depends what you want out of the iron.  If you want more distance and forgiveness then definitely go the p790, zx5, t200, rogue st pro, or mizuno 225.  All are great and filled with tech that will get you what you need.  If you want a players distance club in a more compact shape then look at the t100s, zx7, xforged cb, p770, mizuno 223.  All are incredible clubs if it fits you.  I was in the same boat as you before my most recent fitting.  Having a 9 month old I won't be back to scratch any time soon so I needed some help with my irons.  I still swing my 7 iron 98mph so the speed is still there but I definitely need help with off center hits.  I ultimately fit in the Mizuno 223 with PX LS 6.5.  I've added a few extra yards but what I'm most happy about is the performance on off center hits. 

• Like 1

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

On 11/26/2022 at 2:50 AM, isitour said:

The Wilson D9 Forged have the best feel of any distance Iron that I have tried (and owned) including the Mizuno Pro 225.

These Wilson irons intrigue me. I am one of the few that didnt get on with the ZX5 (still have them) but am able to get a deal on the Wilson D9's with a shaft that i have tested. 

Almost everyone that has tried the Wilson's liked them. The only issue is, if you get them and decide they are not for you, they are a hard sell and they lose value instantly. That's what's holding me back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigdawg said:

These Wilson irons intrigue me. I am one of the few that didnt get on with the ZX5 (still have them) but am able to get a deal on the Wilson D9's with a shaft that i have tested. 

Almost everyone that has tried the Wilson's liked them. The only issue is, if you get them and decide they are not for you, they are a hard sell and they lose value instantly. That's what's holding me back. 

I hit the D9 Forged same day I hit the i525 and MP225. Great irons but the shaft options (or lack of) kill me. If the shafts work for you, I wouldn’t worry about it. They are on par with the major OEMs. 

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

On 11/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, Mobert19 said:

From your posts here you seem to be a great ball striker, especially for your age. Jk. Lol. Interested to see how this change make any difference for you. Good luck 👍

Thanks! 

Recently, I was testing an AP1, 5i, 25' with senior shaft, (similar to T100s), it surprised the hell out of me with consistent 185-190yd straight and baby draws shots.  Even misses were over 170yds, straight, so T100s got my attention.  But I am not getting rid of my 620s, though.  They are great irons.

The only reasons I have been able to maintain traditional lofted irons and MMT 125s was SS and ball striking.  When ball striking is wonky, and SS lessens, distances are affected, time to assess.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

On 11/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, mcc0819 said:

Depends what you want out of the iron.  If you want more distance and forgiveness then definitely go the p790, zx5, t200, rogue st pro, or mizuno 225.  All are great and filled with tech that will get you what you need.  If you want a players distance club in a more compact shape then look at the t100s, zx7, xforged cb, p770, mizuno 223.  All are incredible clubs if it fits you.  I was in the same boat as you before my most recent fitting.  Having a 9 month old I won't be back to scratch any time soon so I needed some help with my irons.  I still swing my 7 iron 98mph so the speed is still there but I definitely need help with off center hits.  I ultimately fit in the Mizuno 223 with PX LS 6.5.  I've added a few extra yards but what I'm most happy about is the performance on off center hits. 

I had the zx5’s with the same shafts as my i525’s and I’m an easily 3-4 yards longer with the i525’s. Surprise you never mentioned them as they are incredible 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

I have found I don’t go for the full set of players distance irons. Don’t really want or need them in the 9 or PW, sometimes not in the 8. They do give a distance boost beyond loft distances, no doubt about it, mainly in terms of distance consistency by preserving speed on off-center hits.

I think I have hit almost every iron listed here. Never got into the p790, they feel much different to me. Best feeling ones I have hit are the Honma TR20P, Proto Concept C-05, Wilson D9 Forged and the Henry-Griffitts TS+ (a little-known but beautiful club released last year, features quite a small head, thin sole and thin top line.)

And there’s one that probably is more game improvement than players distance — it is a blurry line — but if you weaken the lofts it works. It’s the PXG 0211 dual cores (2022 model.) That one is my favorite shape of the PXG lineup. 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

16 hours ago, bigdawg said:

Go buy one of the barely. used sets that lost value. if you don't like them, not much of a loss.

16 hours ago, Tiptx1122 said:

I had the zx5’s with the same shafts as my i525’s and I’m an easily 3-4 yards longer with the i525’s. Surprise you never mentioned them as they are incredible 

I think the 525s are a great iron but I wouldn’t consider it in the players distance category.  To me, it’s more in the mid handicapper slight game improvement/distance iron.  

Edited by mcc0819

Stealth Plus 7.5* Accra TZ5 M5 65

Sim Ti 14* Fuji Speeder TR 757x

Titleist Tsr2 18* Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 8x

Mizuno 223 4-PW PX  LS 6.5

SM9 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D PX Wedge 6.5

Bettinardi Queen B 10 Blackout Stability Tour

12 hours ago, dmeeksDC said:

I have found I don’t go for the full set of players distance irons. Don’t really want or need them in the 9 or PW, sometimes not in the 8. They do give a distance boost beyond loft distances, no doubt about it, mainly in terms of distance consistency by preserving speed on off-center hits.

I think I have hit almost every iron listed here. Never got into the p790, they feel much different to me. Best feeling ones I have hit are the Honma TR20P, Proto Concept C-05, Wilson D9 Forged and the Henry-Griffitts TS+ (a little-known but beautiful club released last year, features quite a small head, thin sole and thin top line.)

And there’s one that probably is more game improvement than players distance — it is a blurry line — but if you weaken the lofts it works. It’s the PXG 0211 dual cores (2022 model.) That one is my favorite shape of the PXG lineup. 

I have not heard the HG name in years.  That is a nice looking iron but no fitters in reasonable proximity to me.  I have also been intrigued by Honma irons - just never hit one.  

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7