2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

2 minutes ago, GHIN n Juice said:

Over/ Under $600 MSRP?

I'd have to guess right at it, like all the big boys. 

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I would love to see the cut up internal of the 3D head, magic sauce is in there.

I hope they can bring the silly forgiveness of the Rogue ST Max into a Paradym 3D head and give me the adjustability to control the spin with the front weight - that would be my 🦄

Yep, I think Paradym just knocked out Ping from my Want List. Again. For another year 😁

A friend of mine who is a Callaway Staffer had his driver fitting yesterday.  He said that the driver was mediocre, and could not beat the numbers and distance he currently has with the Rogue ST LS.  He did say that the fairway woods are really good and that he is getting the 3 and 5 woods though.  He saw the irons BT did not hit them because he is waiting for the Apex 2023 update.  He is also my PGA instructor and told me to keep my TSR2 driver.

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

Titleist 2023 T200 Irons, 4-PW, 48*, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

1 minute ago, Goldenhawk said:

A friend of mine who is a Callaway Staffer had his driver fitting yesterday.  He said that the driver was mediocre, and could not beat the numbers and distance he currently has with the Rogue ST LS.  He did say that the fairway woods are really good and that he is getting the 3 and 5 woods though.  He saw the irons BT did not hit them because he is waiting for the Apex 2023 update.  He is also my PGA instructor and told me to keep my TSR2 driver.

Judging by your signature it would be off brand to switch anyway..😉

• Haha 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour X 

22 hours ago, GolfWRX_Spotted said:

IMG_2070.jpeg

IMG_2071.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_2074.jpeg

IMG_2075.jpeg

IMG_2076.jpeg

IMG_2077.jpeg

IMG_2078.jpeg

IMG_2079.jpeg

8 and 5 gram weights. What are the weight ranges of movable weights in other clubs?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

Is it just me or are the last three pictures a different colorway? The last couple pictures look black to me. 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Titleist TSR3 8* - Ventus Black TR 6X

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* - Tour AD VR 7X

Callaway UW 19* - Ventus Red 7X

Callaway X Forged UT 20* - LA Golf A 85X

Callaway Apex '21 5-PW - TT ETS 115 X

Titleist SM9 50* & 54* - DG S200

TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - KBS Hi Rev 115 S

EVNROLL ER5B - Stability Tour Black

I think this new driver looks awesome.  On the flipside, a decent player I work with saw these and hit them last week at the Canada launch party for fitters.  He said he gained 2-3mph BS over his Rogue ST Max and his misses (tend to be low and heel) were regulating spin around the 2800 mark, where the Rogue would tend to creep into the low-mid 3000s.  I am interested to give it a go along with the fairways.  I've been jonesing for a new 5w for a while now and this new TD may fit the bill.

MGFA --- Making Golf Fun Again

Paradym 9* - Accra TZFive 60

Paradym 15* - Accra TZFive 70

Paradym Triple Diamond 18* - Accra TZFive 70

Cobra Tec 21* and 25* - MMT 80

Ping i525 6-UW - Modus 120

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* Mid and 58* Low+ - DG Tour Issue Spinner

Bettinardi Hive Custom

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

Golf clubs are going full exotic cars it seems. 

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

2 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Judging by your signature it would be off brand to switch anyway..😉

I had the Rogue ST LS earlier in 2022.  The Stealth Plus knocked it out of the bag, which was then replaced by the TSi and TSR.  Rogue ST was decent.

• Like 1

It's cool for me to see forged carbon making more of it's way into drivers. I had been working with the folks at Union some time ago when they started making snowboard bindings out of forged carbon (https://unionbindingcompany.com/pages/forged-carbon), and at the time they were borrowing their tech from Lamborghini (https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/innovation-excellence/forged-composites). This was like... 10 years ago now. The process creates a material that has more dimensional strength because the "fibers" are all different orientations versus traditional carbon fiber which is more or less two dimensional... or at least that's what the sales reps say. Lol.

As for the looks, I think it's hard to really get a good photo of the forged carbon. I've heard people compare the look to bowling balls or camouflage, but in the hand it looks much more like granite (like the surface of a nice countertop) to me.

If the forged carbon does for golf clubs what they say it does for snowboard bindings or automotive parts, it should generally give a more uniform/predictable results and perhaps be more resilient structurally but no one besides Callaway knows for sure? 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, wwweston said:

It's cool for me to see forged carbon making more of it's way into drivers. I had been working with the folks at Union some time ago when they started making snowboard bindings out of forged carbon (https://unionbindingcompany.com/pages/forged-carbon), and at the time they were borrowing their tech from Lamborghini (https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/innovation-excellence/forged-composites). This was like... 10 years ago now. The process creates a material that has more dimensional strength because the "fibers" are all different orientations versus traditional carbon fiber which is more or less two dimensional... or at least that's what the sales reps say. Lol.

As for the looks, I think it's hard to really get a good photo of the forged carbon. I've heard people compare the look to bowling balls or camouflage, but in the hand it looks much more like granite (like the surface of a nice countertop) to me.

If the forged carbon does for golf clubs what they say it does for snowboard bindings or automotive parts, it should generally give a more uniform/predictable results and perhaps be more resilient structurally but no one besides Callaway knows for sure? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forged_composite#:~:text=Forged composite%2C commonly referred to,shape as the resin sets.

"Callaway claims the use of forged composite results in an average about 8 yards (7 m) greater distance per drive relative to traditional carbon fiber when used in its driving golf clubs."

So what did Callaway do to prove this claim?  Create a driver with a forged carbon face?

20 minutes ago, Goldenhawk said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forged_composite#:~:text=Forged composite%2C commonly referred to,shape as the resin sets.

"Callaway claims the use of forged composite results in an average about 8 yards (7 m) greater distance per drive relative to traditional carbon fiber when used in its driving golf clubs."

So what did Callaway do to prove this claim?  Create a driver with a forged carbon face?

I wouldn't know, I'm not an engineer. I recall some months ago when the TM Stealth faces were falling off that there appeared to be a "sort of" forged composite face (image link) but I forget off the top of my head if TM actually called this "forged carbon" or not. Looks like they say online it's their "Carbon Twist Face – comprised of 60 layers of carbon sheets strategically arranged for better energy transfer and faster ball speeds across a large area of the face".

I would not be surprised if the Callaway driver had some updated forged composite or forged carbon tech behind the face.

Edited by wwweston

3 hours ago, alkal11 said:

Is it just me or are the last three pictures a different colorway? The last couple pictures look black to me. 

That's the Paradym

image.jpeg.9bb3efe3316ac2341f573e1f5c7ed302.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

6 minutes ago, wwweston said:

I wouldn't know, I'm not an engineer. I recall some months ago when the TM Stealth faces were falling off that there appeared to be a "sort of" forged composite face (image link) but I forget off the top of my head if TM actually called this "forged carbon" or not. Looks like they say online it's their "Carbon Twist Face – comprised of 60 layers of carbon sheets strategically arranged for better energy transfer and faster ball speeds across a large area of the face".

I would not be surprised if the Callaway driver had some updated forged composite or forged carbon tech behind the face.

From the pics, it looks like the Paradym Drivers have titanium faces.  The scoring lines on the faces are similar to the ATI titanium faces on the Titleist TSi and TSR Drivers.

FYI, Callaway does hold a patent for coating on a driver club face:

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/6435980.html

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/6435980.pdf

Edited by Goldenhawk

20 hours ago, J_Tizzle said:

I don't get people's hate towards these.  I think they look absolutely sick.  

Could easily bag this, especially since it doesn't have the stupid chevron alignment aid.

Haha. Don’t you also have to sell people’s crappy homes who also think their home looks beautiful? 😂

Yeah, I wouldn't think forged carbon would hold up well to repeated ball strikes directly and you're right, in the earlier photos the face itself definitely says "FORGED TI" on it. But it will be cool to see, for instance, if they have updated their "speed frame" from the Rogue drivers to something made of carbon behind the titanium face. A Ti face with a carbon frame should, in my mind, give you an incredibly soft feel.

Also with an almost entirely carbon head (just looking at the photos) and titanium face, you would really get a lot of freedom with how to position the additional weights. Hoping for a teardown to see just how much metal is actually in this thing.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, noodle3872 said:

The best driver I’ve had prior to TSR2 was Epic Speed TD. This driver gives me the sorta vibe that the best from Epic Speed and Rogue ST were meld together in the driver. With carbon everywhere the weight saving is going to be pretty considerable. Makes me what to hear the tech story even more! 

I've heard it saves 50 grams. So, more tungsten in the bottom. The ball is going to come off like there is vasoline on the face.  

Callaway has been using forged carbon since at least 2011 with the Diablo Octane and Razr Hawk drivers. Maybe this new stuff is different...I dunno. 

Edited by halfsumo

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

Mizuno STG 15* Ventus Blue 7x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 5

10 hours ago, JourdanM said:

This seam looks especially susceptible 6D494596-86D0-4641-86AB-3D3CD06309E4.jpeg.9294f20845cd4c29eb49b2ade1ab905b.jpeg

Luckily a large majority of we non tour or mini tour or wanna be tour or fantasy 120+ SS average (see normal)  folks can't swing fast enough to break anything. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Jim53 said:

Luckily a large majority of we non tour or mini tour or wanna be tour or fantasy 120+ SS average (see normal)  folks can't swing fast enough to break anything. 😎

😂 for real man. I don't know - fit and finish just  looks... sub par. Will reserve judgment until I can see it in hand, but the design is not doing it any favors 

• Like 1

WITB:

TSR2 10* @D1 Tour AD UB 6s

G430 5W @ flat neutral Tour AD UB 7s

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

'23 T200 Utility AD IZ 95S

'23 King Tour 5-G Modus 105S

RTX 6 Zipcore Tour Rack 54 Low+ and 58 Low

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Soft X

6 hours ago, wwweston said:

Yeah, I wouldn't think forged carbon would hold up well to repeated ball strikes directly and you're right, in the earlier photos the face itself definitely says "FORGED TI" on it. But it will be cool to see, for instance, if they have updated their "speed frame" from the Rogue drivers to something made of carbon behind the titanium face. A Ti face with a carbon frame should, in my mind, give you an incredibly soft feel.

Also with an almost entirely carbon head (just looking at the photos) and titanium face, you would really get a lot of freedom with how to position the additional weights. Hoping for a teardown to see just how much metal is actually in this thing.

The almost all carbon driver head was the SIM2.

There probably is a new Jailbreak design inside the head.

🤮 If I wanted a Taylor Made looking driver I’d buy a Taylor Made driver. 

I’m still super happy with my Epic Speed but if I were in the market based on looks alone without testing I’d be in the new Titleist line. That’s saying something because I’ve never liked Titleist drivers. 

Callaway Epic Speed 9° Driver
Callaway Epic Speed 4W - Smoke IM10

Callaway Apex UW (21°)

Mizuno Pro 225 (4i); 223 (5-9i); 221 (PW)
Jaws MD 5 50°, Full Toe 54°, 58° PM Grind
Toulon Odyssey Chicago

• easyyy featured this topic
  • easyyy unfeatured this topic