Adidas.com not honoring waterproof warranties on golf shoes.

thezinfan

2 hours ago, Acegunner31 said:

I bought them from Amazon in March, warranty claim denied in October. The seller was Amazon, not a reseller on Amazon for what it's worth.

It doesn't seem like they were hung up on that on that part, they were more concerned  that their waterproof warranty is only for drops and splashes, and that I did not provide a picture of the defect lol

I recall seeing somewhere else that the water proof warranty was only on the upper... so I am betting that is why they are saying it's only for falling rain, i.e. drops and splashed water. They are not warrantying that the sole or seams are water proof, just the upper. Which, if you think about it, is just a nice marketing ploy because from my experience where the water usually gets into the shoe is from the ground up.

On 12/17/2022 at 10:51 PM, thezinfan said:

I guess I wasn't clear that these were purchased at Adidas.com, not a retailer. They arrived in a box which clearly states 1 year Waterproof warranty. 

As TreeHugger suggested, contact your credit card company.  If you provide them with documentation they will contact Adidas directly on your behalf.  They will give Adidas a chance to counter your claim but I've done this several times when dealing with unresponsive or unreasonable customer service departments (although not with Adidas) and have gotten a refund every time.

One was for $2700, another was for $800 and a third was for $450 so not exactly peanuts.

You can do it by phone or in most cases initiate the claim online.

Ping G430 Max with Ping Distanza or MP5 Ladies flex or Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 45 in Senior

Ping G430 Five Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Seven Wood Ping Distanza

Ping G430 Nine Wood Ping Distanza

Ping i230 5-PW Red Dot + 1"  Recoil Dart 105

Ping i230 Utility Wedge +1" Recoil Dart 105

Ping Glide 4.0 56 Degree ES Red Dot ZZ 115

Scotty Cameron Squareback 2.5 341/2"

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35"

You need to send them the definition of waterproof vs water resistant.  That said, posts like this can only hurt their sales.  Not what any company wants.  It was an axiom that one unhappy customer tells 10 others.  You have far exceeded that number.

Edited by Klubster

I had a similar issue with both of my codechaos shoes, the sole started separating from the boost midsole within 6 months of purchase and they refused to honor any warranties. Decided to not buy any adidas shoes after that.

Titleist TSR2 11° - Tour AD UB 7x

Titleist TSR2 16.5° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist TSR2 21° - Tour AD UB 8x

Titleist T200 4 iron - Tour AD DI 105x

Titleist 620 CB 5 - 6 - Modus 130x

Titleist 620 MB 7 - 9 - Modus 130x

Vokey SM9 46F, 50F, 54D, 58LBK

Ping PLD Custom Anser 30

Very poor look for Adidas.  

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus Black 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X
Ping G430 Hybrid 19*, Ventus Blue HB 9X

Ping Blueprint S, 4-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Ai-One Jailbird Mini CH /or/ Tri Hot 5K Seven CH

15 hours ago, BYK said:

This all sucks, as Adidas is one of the most comfortable shoes for me

Sucks they won't/can't stand by their products

Same for me, I love the fit and feel of the shoes and for me, they are 100% the best shoes for walking. Such a shame to make a good product but won't stand by it. 

1 hour ago, cardia10 said:

Same for me, I love the fit and feel of the shoes and for me, they are 100% the best shoes for walking. Such a shame to make a good product but won't stand by it. 

Yup

Kinda stuck with them for awhile though lol

bought a few pairs during their black friday crazy markdown

Guarantee I won't even be able to wear a single pair of them before the 6 month manufactured by date passes🤣

Yadi for President

33 minutes ago, BYK said:

Yup

Kinda stuck with them for awhile though lol

bought a few pairs during their black friday crazy markdown

Guarantee I won't even be able to wear a single pair of them before the 6 month manufactured by date passes🤣

I bought a pair of the S2G boots on Black friday. 2 Year warranty stated on box. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Mizuno JPX919HMP 5i-9i,PW

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 56.12D (Bent to 54)

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

10 hours ago, Acegunner31 said:

Since many of us have issues with the waterproofing that Adidas won't address, has anyone done a spray on waterproofing that worked? I am not sure if the moisture is coming through the upper, sole, or the seams so I'm not sure how much it will help.

It probably won't work - particularly if the shoe is currently leaking.  The water comes in between the upper and sole seams. Seldom would it work through the leather itself.  That said there is a benefit to using Mink Oil for example.  It prevents the stitching from rotting thus allowing water to enter. It also keeps the leather supple adding to the shoe's life.  I've used Mink Oil on all my golf shoes for at least the past 25 years and it's been worth the effort.    

5 hours ago, cristphoto said:

It probably won't work - particularly if the shoe is currently leaking.  The water comes in between the upper and sole seams. Seldom would it work through the leather itself.  That said there is a benefit to using Mink Oil for example.  It prevents the stitching from rotting thus allowing water to enter. It also keeps the leather supple adding to the shoe's life.  I've used Mink Oil on all my golf shoes for at least the past 25 years and it's been worth the effort.    

In the old days when you prepped traditional hiking boots, you would run a bead of urethane  as a gasket where the sole meets the upper and then wax the leather. I have full leather golf shoes I use in the winter and use this approach. It works very well.

Note the shoes will not breath as well after this. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar experience. I bought a pair of Zig21 and a spikeless model (forgot which on) in early 2021. By august both had splits and holes. I contacted adidas for warranty and they said it was out of warranty period. 6 months! Haven’t bought adidas since. I’m sure they’ll be fine but I couldn’t take such sh!t customer service. FWIW my ASICS i bought instead are still like new 15 months later

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9*, Ventus 6R
Fw: Maltby ke4 ist 17*, kura kage silver 65 R

3 and 4H: Srixon ZX, Evenflow Riptide 80 5.5

Irons: Golfworks TS2, 5i Recoil F3; 6i-GW , Nippon 950GH reg (all + 1/2”)
Wedges: Golfworks TSW 52 & 58
Putter: Odyssey versa 12
Ball: Srixon Zstar

On 12/17/2022 at 6:52 AM, BYK said:

seems like we also hear more stories of manufacturers applying the 6month or 1 year warranty to when the shoes were made, not when they were bought too.  Almost like a built in loophole.  

Used to work in a golf footwear department. From all the reps we talked with the warranty is usually from the date of manufacture with most companies. Covers them from someone buying a shoe 1-2 years after it was made then wearing them for a year and then having an issue. I don’t think it’s how it should be, but it’s the way it is. 

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

11 hours ago, CCUgolfer23 said:

Used to work in a golf footwear department. From all the reps we talked with the warranty is usually from the date of manufacture with most companies. Covers them from someone buying a shoe 1-2 years after it was made then wearing them for a year and then having an issue. I don’t think it’s how it should be, but it’s the way it is. 

I think the difference is that most manufacturers are willing to work with the customer, especially when they sell a shoe that is officially "out of warranty" at the time of purchase. That is no warranty at all and with golf shoes, that is a huge deal. Would love to see a big time you tuber to pick this up for a video and watch the companies change their policy.

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I think the difference is that most manufacturers are willing to work with the customer, especially when they sell a shoe that is officially "out of warranty" at the time of purchase. That is no warranty at all and with golf shoes, that is a huge deal. Would love to see a big time you tuber to pick this up for a video and watch the companies change their policy.

That's not what is happening here. Adidas is literally ignoring the existence of a longer (in this case 1 year) waterproof warranty over their "normal" 6 month quality warranty. It's not a "when does the warranty start" issue.

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

Most shoe companies waterproof warranty isn't worth the paper/webpage printed on.

I had a pair of Skecher (the Tony Romo model) that leaked the first time I wore them in morning dew.

Skechers made me send pictures, etc. then said, sorry warranty is from date of manufacture....so basically old stock at PGA SS where I bought them.  Skechers told me to see if PGA SS would 'warranty' as they wouldn't.

My Sqairz are perfectly waterproof after a year and a half, so I'm sticking with those for now.

Paradym 9.5

Rogue ST Max HL 3wd (really a 4wd)

Apex Pro 21 3 & 4

Apex 21 Mixed Combo Set 5-A

Jaws 5 54* C-grind

PM Grind 2.0  58*

Odyssey Exo Mini 7s

7 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Oh I’m definitely not saying I agree with the practice at all. In my experience even if it was outside the warranty but a few weeks/months but it was clearly a manufacturer defect they would honor it. This is just bad customer service all around, was just trying to provide some context. 

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I have 2 pair of the GFore MG4x2, that I bought because I was having some foot issues, and the softer, cushiony support helped a lot. And they state "waterproof" multiple times on their website:

image.png.26a9861fc274f236b4fce7d0753d733d.png

First dewy day my feet were soaked after 2 holes. Same thing happened with the other pair.

I emailed customer support (which had helped quickly with a separate issue) and they stated something along the lines of "the MG4x2 is definitely constructed with all waterproof components. However, the shoe itself is not guaranteed as waterproof. Seams, openings, and laces can contribute to water potentially entering the shoe".

I only wear those for daily wear now - True Linkswear from here on out.

• Sad 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

27 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

I emailed customer support (which had helped quickly with a separate issue) and they stated something along the lines of "the MG4x2 is definitely constructed with all waterproof components. However, the shoe itself is not guaranteed as waterproof. Seams, openings, and laces can contribute to water potentially entering the shoe".

I only wear those for daily wear now - True Linkswear from here on out.

So they are making a submarine with a screen door. I understand the laces/openings part, but using waterproof wording and not protecting the seams is crazy. Most of the water on a golf course that will get your feet wet is already on the ground. On the other hand, they aren't stating a specific waterproof warranty either. Unless they are pulling the same thing as adidas and only having the warranty statement on the box? The failure of your shoe sounds very similar to mine. First dewey morning and they were soaked.

Edited by thezinfan

Mizuno STZ Driver

Titleist TS3 3W

Titleist TS3 5W

Titleist TS2 21H

Vokey SM9 50.12F

Vokey SM8 58.12D

Odyssey DFX #7

I've had no issues with Nike, ASICS, and FootJoy on warranty issues - Nike and ASICS specifically on waterproof issues on new shoes.  I tried Adidas last year and wasn't impressed with the durability of the shoes.  Will be avoiding Adidas going forward.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

• 4 weeks later...

I had the exact same issue with Adidas, no matter how comfortable they are they are horrid when it comes to dewy mornings after about 6 months.  I tried skechers and they were an issue as well.  MG4 hurt me on the same "waterproof" thing.

I mainly wear Ecco, Foot Joy, and True now as they have all been great on being waterproof for the time specified or even longer, plus they all are either all comfy, or have very comfortable models.

• Like 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

This is terrible to hear - how a company with a massive customer base like adidas can deliver such poor CS is beyond me.

I pretty much only wear Puma.  As far as waterproofing goes, it’s mostly good…had a couple pairs that didn’t do well in wet conditions but for the most part, no complaints.  But a couple seasons ago I had a pair where one of the pods that the spike screws into completely blew out.  I actually had the shoes for just over a year but there was no hesitation from the Puma rep - had a new pair a week later.

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8*, Tour AD-VR 6s
Titleist TSi2 16.5*, Tour AD-DI 7s
Titleist TSi2 18*, Tour AD-DI 85s Hyb
Callaway ‘24 Apex Pro 5-AW, MMT 95s
Callaway MD5 Jaws 50s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway MD5 Jaws 54s, KBS TourV 110
Callaway Jaws Full Toe 58c, KBS TourV 110
Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5 | 2016 Select Newport 2.5 (1st of 500) | 2020 Special Select Newport 2 (SteelFiber P125 shaft)

• 8 months later...

Adidas shifted their customer service to a third-party provider in the Philippines whose appears to be based on revenue, not customer satisfaction, so you have to be relentless. On the fifth phone call, each accompanied by written email, the rep finally said "Oh, these are S2G spikeless golf shoes are golf shoes with a waterproof warranty", which after five repetitions was a "DUH!" I received a $60 credit voucher, which technically expired because it took me about six months to use because the voucher didn't work for everything on the website, which is another "gotcha". I still purchase Adidas golf shoes because I love the fit, but their customer service went into the toilet when they outsourced to a third-party.