Paradym and Epic Flash Sub Zero had a baby....

This driver is in Justin Rose's bag at Farmers.  Any details available @JohnnyCallaway?

IMG_4499.webp

IMG_4500.webp

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Ahhhh the single diamond strikes again.  Hope to get my hands on this

• Haha 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour 

18 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Ahhhh the single diamond strikes again.  Hope to get my hands on this

..thought that is the Paradym Version 2 as reported in the other thread

❤ it

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

1 hour ago, Mp14forlife said:

Would this be just a way to lower spin off the standard paradym? Maybe keep the bigger head shape?

To me it appears to be a smaller head w/ more weight forward and lower loft.  Those three things + adjustability = how can I get oneeeee.  Damnit Callaway

Edited by Avidswampthing66

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Chrome Tour 

This is not official, but...

Its probably (based off previous years) a standard Paradym in 450cc instead of 460cc and had the shaping of the TD model such as sharper crown but will also be slightly lower spin and neutral/fade biased as opposed to neutral/draw biased for the retail model. And obviously ability to take the spin down a bit more with the front weight port.

So whether you want to call it a more forgiving/spinning TD model or a less forgiving/spinning standard model is up to you.

• Thanks 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

8 minutes ago, FifeRiviera said:

First it was no one was using stuff not on the rack, now its "only a few", next its half... 

Technically ALL Callaway tour players will ALWAYS be playing different drivers because they have thicker faces on them which makes it physically a completely different head. 

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Technically ALL Callaway tour players will ALWAYS be playing different drivers because they have thicker faces on them which makes it physically a completely different head. 

I didn’t realize this.  All the true tour models have thicker faces?  Even the TD?  Ole Mr. Wunder certainly didn’t mention that

2 hours ago, jomatty said:

I didn’t realize this.  All the true tour models have thicker faces?  Even the TD?  Ole Mr. Wunder certainly didn’t mention that

He is certainly a spokesperson and "salesman" if you will for Callaway, but I did hear him say last year all tour models have thicker faces etc.  That being said, I think he made a mistake by saying there were only 3 models this year.   When you do that, the golfwrx bombers are waiting to slaughter you.  lololol

He could have just said, "we are only releasing 3 retail models with Paradym, but like years before we will be making tour heads for our stable of Tour Pros".   But here we are...

• Like 3

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Chrome Tour 

11 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

He is certainly a spokesperson and "salesman" if you will for Callaway, but I did hear him say last year all tour models have thicker faces etc.  That being said, I think he made a mistake by saying there were only 3 models this year.   When you do that, the golfwrx bombers are waiting to slaughter you.  lololol

He could have just said, "we are only releasing 3 retail models with Paradym, but like years before we will be making tour heads for our stable of Tour Pros".   But here we are...

Don't say something on a social media platform if it isn't true and you don't want to be crucified for it I say.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade QI 10 w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 6S

3 wood: TaylorMade Stealth+ w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7S

5 wood: Taylormade Stealth+ w/ VA Nemesys 75s

4 Utility Iron: Srixon ZX MKII w/ UST Mamiya Dart 90 F4

5i-U: PING i230 w/ DG TI 120s 

SW: Titleist Vokey SM9 F Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

LW: Titleist Vokey SM9 D Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Titleist ProV1x 

17 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

I think it's unfair to skewer him.  Johnny works for Callaway.  It's his job to hype their product.  Also, I don't think he said anything misleading.

There are a lot of people who will never believe tour players play the same stuff no matter what you say.  And there is always this idea that tour issue stuff is "better for better players", "anti-hook", or "lower ballflight".   Since everyone here seems to have 180 ball speed and struggle with high hooks, this is of course going to be appealing to those players.

In the case of Callaway, sure, there are models that are tour only.  But the fact is that most guys use the 3D which is retail.  This particular model seems to be a niche tour model, seems to be more forgiving than 3D model they released to the general public, which most pros are using anyways.  Last year, they had a 3D model which was actually higher spin and launch than the LS, which was tour only. So you can't please people by withholding the low spin tour head and you can't please people by withholding the slightly more forgiving head that a couple tour guys are using.  

Let's see how many pros actually game this head.  The 3 models they released will probably fit 99% of golfers here and its silly and confusing to release more than that for equipment message board people. Why are people so pissed about it?  If you want one of these heads and you actually think it will help your game then then you can probably pay through the nose for one.  Or play your way on tour.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NoCalHack said:

I think it's unfair to skewer him.  Johnny works for Callaway.  It's his job to hype their product.  Also, I don't think he said anything misleading.

There are a lot of people who will never believe tour players play the same stuff no matter what you say.  And there is always this idea that tour issue stuff is "better for better players", "anti-hook", or "lower ballflight".   Since everyone here seems to have 180 ball speed and struggle with high hooks, this is of course going to be appealing to those players.

In the case of Callaway, sure, there are models that are tour only.  But the fact is that most guys use the 3D which is retail.  This particular model seems to be a niche tour model, seems to be more forgiving than 3D model they released to the general public, which most pros are using anyways.  Last year, they had a 3D model which was actually higher spin and launch than the LS, which was tour only. So you can't please people by withholding the low spin tour head and you can't please people by withholding the slightly more forgiving head that a couple tour guys are using.  

Let's see how many pros actually game this head.  The 3 models they released will probably fit 99% of golfers here and its silly and confusing to release more than that for equipment message board people. Why are people so pissed about it?  If you want one of these heads and you actually think it will help your game then then you can probably pay through the nose for one.  Or play your way on tour.  

I think it's just the pitch/claim that upsets folks. At $599 it ain't cheap and folks rightfully or wrongfully are wanting to use what the guys on TV are using and you have a pitch guy saying they can. Or can they? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCalHack said:

I'd have way more respect for Johnny if he just came out and said yes we have tons of tour specific heads that the public can't have and won't ever have because we don't get paid to play a game.  Dude openly plays a bunch of clubs that the public can't get, good for him.  I'm sure he has earned that right.

It's the all encompassing statements that get me: "Every staffer will be playing one of these 3 heads".  Call it a lie, call it misleading, call it what you will. Callaway has a history of misleading rather openly the public about its products.  Driver heads, golf balls and those are the ones that we know about.  Srixon, doesn't seem to have this problem, PING, Taylormade.

Edited by Bskib
  • Like 2

Driver: TaylorMade QI 10 w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 6S

3 wood: TaylorMade Stealth+ w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7S

5 wood: Taylormade Stealth+ w/ VA Nemesys 75s

4 Utility Iron: Srixon ZX MKII w/ UST Mamiya Dart 90 F4

5i-U: PING i230 w/ DG TI 120s 

SW: Titleist Vokey SM9 F Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

LW: Titleist Vokey SM9 D Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Titleist ProV1x 

johnny wonder is that his real name?

Driver- TITLEIST TSr2 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 Modus 105s
Wedges- CLEVELAND RTX-6 50/54/58 Tour Spinner 
Putter- PING  PLD Ally Blue 4

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

4 hours ago, Bskib said:

I'd have way more respect for Johnny if he just came out and said yes we have tons of tour specific heads that the public can't have and won't ever have because we don't get paid to play a game.  Dude openly plays a bunch of clubs that the public can't get, good for him.  I'm sure he has earned that right.

It's the all encompassing statements that get me: "Every staffer will be playing one of these 3 heads".  Call it a lie, call it misleading, call it what you will. Callaway has a history of misleading rather openly the public about its products.  Driver heads, golf balls and those are the ones that we know about.  Srixon, doesn't seem to have this problem, PING, Taylormade.

Taylormade is starting to have this problem, not particularly with drivers though.  

TM Qi10 (9*) | Speeder Evolution IV 661 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM TP Soto CB

Ball: Taylormade TP5x