Jump to content
2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Ben Martin with new Evnroll putter - 2023 Farmers Insurance Open


Recommended Posts

Can anyone tell me why Evnroll doesn't get more tour play?  Head scratcher for sure.

  • Like 3

Taylormade Qi10 9* Mitsubishi ZF 60TX

Taylormade Mini Driver 13.5 Mitsubishi ZF 70TX

Taylormade Qi10 5 wood 18* Project X HZRDUS Black 80 6.5
Srixon ZX5, ZX7 combo set 4-PW PX 6.0
Taylormade MG4 50.09 SB, 56.14 HB, 60.09 SBC DG S400 Black Onyx
Taylormade Spider Tour Z 
Titleist Pro V1X 2023

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webber said:

Can anyone tell me why Evnroll doesn't get more tour play?  Head scratcher for sure.

Simplest answer would be 💵💵💵.  Along with the fact that since most companies have similar head designs (from copying one another), pros can find a head that works for them from a company who will pay good money to put it into the bag.

 

As a side note, something about the feel of Evnroll putters just throws me off for some reason.  I want to like them as they look as good or better than anything else on the market and have the specs that I desire in a putter.  I don’t mind a firm feeling putter (like the traditional betti hex faces and Toulon Diamond milled faces) but the feel off the faces of Evnrolls to me feels akin to a bladed iron shot.

Edited by th6252
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh man that is nice looking, like a cleaner Odyssey 7 in a hosel they seemingly refuse to sell. 

 

Edit: Looking at their site, this looks to be the long plumber neck?

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m hoping that’s the std cuz I’m ordering this putter with the long plumbers neck tomorrow and that doesn’t look “long” to me. 🤞🏻

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, webber said:

Can anyone tell me why Evnroll doesn't get more tour play?  Head scratcher for sure.

There are several reasons. First being players under contract with other companies. Second being the $$ that Titleist pays for players not under contract. Third is that many pros feedback is that because of the wider grooves on the face of the Evnroll putter the ball comes off slower than what they are used to. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2023 at 7:37 AM, hammergolf said:

There are several reasons. First being players under contract with other companies. Second being the $$ that Titleist pays for players not under contract. Third is that many pros feedback is that because of the wider grooves on the face of the Evnroll putter the ball comes off slower than what they are used to. 


#3 ⬆️ THIS

Remember that the whole point of Evnroll is distance control. So ball hit out of the center feel “mushy” or soft, and balls struck off the toe or heel seem to blast off the face to make up for missed strike. It seems like a good concept for average golfers but not a tour pro. I’m not a tour pro and could feel this the first time I picked one up.

So if you ever internationally play one 1/4” Off the toe to take off a little pop on a slick 7’ downhill putt - Evnroll wont allow that. Deal breaker for me

 

I love several of their shapes and a project on my list is to get an Evnroll and mill the face clean / flat and use like a normal putter

 

To me , the Evnroll concept feels “unpredictable” on fast greens - hence no tour play 

 

Just my .02 

  • Like 2

TSR4 8*, Accra RPG 362 M5 & Ventus Red 7x

Sim Rocket 14*, Accra TZ6 75 M5

790 2i UDI (2021), Accra TZ5 105 M5

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW, Modus 120 TX

Callaway JAWS 50, 54, 60,  x100 DG

1/1 Lajosi DD-201 WB, Stability Tour blackout 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, MagicMan79 said:


#3 ⬆️ THIS

Remember that the whole point of Evnroll is distance control. So ball hit out of the center feel “mushy” or soft, and balls struck off the toe or heel seem to blast off the face to make up for missed strike. It seems like a good concept for average golfers but not a tour pro. I’m not a tour pro and could feel this the first time I picked one up.

So if you ever internationally play one 1/4” Off the toe to take off a little pop on a slick 7’ downhill putt - Evnroll wont allow that. Deal breaker for me

 

I love several of their shapes and a project on my list is to get an Evnroll and mill the face clean / flat and use like a normal putter

 

To me , the Evnroll concept feels “unpredictable” on fast greens - hence no tour play 

 

Just my .02 

I really like my Evnroll, but I played a Rife Barbados for 10 yrs before I switched. To each his own, but the biggest thing to me with the groove technology is consistency of roll, speed, and direction. If I have a downhill 7’ I just concentrate on my speed and don’t worry about where the putt is struck in the face. I don’t line it up off the toe, I just adjust my stroke. Unpredictable is the exact opposite of what the Evnroll putter is. It’s been shown to be the most consistent putter on the market for distance on robotic and launch monitor tests. Once you make the adjustment to the ball not coming off the face as fast, it’s as good a putter as I’ve ever used.
 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hammergolf said:

I really like my Evnroll, but I played a Rife Barbados for 10 yrs before I switched. To each his own, but the biggest thing to me with the groove technology is consistency of roll, speed, and direction. If I have a downhill 7’ I just concentrate on my speed and don’t worry about where the putt is struck in the face. I don’t line it up off the toe, I just adjust my stroke. Unpredictable is the exact opposite of what the Evnroll putter is. It’s been shown to be the most consistent putter on the market for distance on robotic and launch monitor tests. Once you make the adjustment to the ball not coming off the face as fast, it’s as good a putter as I’ve ever used.
 

 

 

 


Sorry, “unpredictable” was the wrong word. What I meant was the feel is “mis-matched” to me

The ball explodes off the toe and feels dead in the middle. Thats literally how the grooves and surface area that touch the ball are designed 

I’ve seen that video before, def pretty amazing. It’s just so different from how the face feels on a traditional stainless putter 


It’s impossible for a feel player to ignore how a ball feels off the face whether the ball goes the correct distance or not. It’s why we are drawn to certain putters, milling etc. That’s why I believe Tour adaptation is low 

Edited by MagicMan79
  • Like 2

TSR4 8*, Accra RPG 362 M5 & Ventus Red 7x

Sim Rocket 14*, Accra TZ6 75 M5

790 2i UDI (2021), Accra TZ5 105 M5

Srixon ZX7 4 - PW, Modus 120 TX

Callaway JAWS 50, 54, 60,  x100 DG

1/1 Lajosi DD-201 WB, Stability Tour blackout 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, th6252 said:

Simplest answer would be 💵💵💵.  Along with the fact that since most companies have similar head designs (from copying one another), pros can find a head that works for them from a company who will pay good money to put it into the bag.

 

As a side note, something about the feel of Evnroll putters just throws me off for some reason.  I want to like them as they look as good or better than anything else on the market and have the specs that I desire in a putter.  I don’t mind a firm feeling putter (like the traditional betti hex faces and Toulon Diamond milled faces) but the feel off the faces of Evnrolls to me feels akin to a bladed iron shot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by mixedguy
Wrong pics
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2023 at 1:53 AM, MagicMan79 said:


Sorry, “unpredictable” was the wrong word. What I meant was the feel is “mis-matched” to me

The ball explodes off the toe and feels dead in the middle. Thats literally how the grooves and surface area that touch the ball are designed 

 

 

I had the same issue, couldn't get a good feel for controlling speed with the grooves. I think it's also why many of the PING Pros didn't like the TR grooves and PING has moved away from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, nova6868 said:

 

I had the same issue, couldn't get a good feel for controlling speed with the grooves. I think it's also why many of the PING Pros didn't like the TR grooves and PING has moved away from them.

Ping had a cease and desist order served to them over the TR grooves. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, mktrout said:

cause they are super slow off the face and not very consistent.

It’s being slow off the face that gives me, maybe not you, the best distance control of any putter I’ve ever gamed. Can’t wait for my black 5.2 long plumbers neck to show up at my door.  The groove tech has been proven by multiple independent studies and for me it’s meant 2-3 less strokes per round for 2 years now. 

  • Like 1

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mktrout said:

cause they are super slow off the face and not very consistent.

They are VERY consistent, this has been proven by robotic testing. However, the ball does come off the face slower. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gridironesq said:

It’s being slow off the face that gives me, maybe not you, the best distance control of any putter I’ve ever gamed. Can’t wait for my black 5.2 long plumbers neck to show up at my door.  The groove tech has been proven by multiple independent studies and for me it’s meant 2-3 less strokes per round for 2 years now. 

Same for me. Hands down the best performing putter I’ve ever had. I guess I just adjusted to the speed, and definitely like the softer feel the grooved face gives. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just saw that Evnroll dropped the extra $50 charge for all black set up. 

Current Gamers
TBD 10.5*, Tour AD IZ 5R
ROGUE MAX 3HL, Heavenwood

PING G410  22*, 26* Hybrids 

PXG Gen5 0311P 7-GW, steelfiber 70
CALLAWAY  MD5 - 56*, 60*
Tour Issue Evnroll ER8 Black, 355 g
2021 Maxfli Tour
2021 PROV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2023 at 10:36 PM, mixedguy said:

 

Why did this get erased?

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mixedguy said:

because of information was he said she said no official.  Nothing bad just didn't want anything misleading posted. 

Yeah, I just got an email from Evnroll confirming they don’t have 3 face options. 

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2023 at 10:16 AM, hammergolf said:

Yeah, I just got an email from Evnroll confirming they don’t have 3 face options. 

Have you tried the 2023 versions of Evnroll putters?  Curious to know sound/feel difference from previous models. 
I’m currently gaming the ER5v (2021-2022 model?) and curious to try the EV2, hoping for a bit of a firmer feel/sound. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Grouchykona said:

Have you tried the 2023 versions of Evnroll putters?  Curious to know sound/feel difference from previous models. 
I’m currently gaming the ER5v (2021-2022 model?) and curious to try the EV2, hoping for a bit of a firmer feel/sound. 

I have not tried any of the newer models. I’m sure it’s all in my head, but I think the feel of a putter is effected when the hosel is interchangeable. In addition, I love everything about the ER7 I’m using so no need to try anything new.

  • Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
        • Like
      • 49 replies
    • 2024 US Open - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 US Open - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Tiger Woods - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Edoardo Molinari - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Logan McAllister - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Bryan Kim - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Richard Mansell - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Jackson Buchanan - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Carter Jenkins - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Parker Bell - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Omar Morales - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Neil Shipley - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Casey Jarvis - WITB - 2024 US Open
      Carson Schaake - WITB - 2024 US Open
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       

      Tiger Woods on the range at Pinehurst on Monday – 2024 U.S. Open
      Newton Motion shaft - 2024 US Open
      Cameron putter covers - 2024 US Open
      New UST Mamiya Linq shaft - 2024 US Open

       

       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 5 replies
    • Titleist GT drivers - 2024 the Memorial Tournament
      Early in hand photos of the new GT2 models t the truck.  As soon as they show up on the range in player's bags we'll get some better from the top photos and hopefully some comparison photos against the last model.
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 282 replies
    • 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Monday #1
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #1
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #2
      2024 Charles Schwab Challenge - Tuesday #3
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Keith Mitchell - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Rafa Campos - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      R Squared - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Martin Laird - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Paul Haley - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Tyler Duncan - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Min Woo Lee - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Austin Smotherman - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Lee Hodges - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Sami Valimaki - WITB - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Eric Cole's newest custom Cameron putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      New Super Stroke Marvel comic themed grips - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Ben Taylor's custom Cameron putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Tyler Duncan's Axis 1 putter - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Cameron putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Chris Kirk's new Callaway Opus wedges - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      ProTC irons - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Dragon Skin 360 grips - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      Cobra prototype putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
      SeeMore putters - 2024 Charles Schwab Challenge
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      • 0 replies
    • 2024 PGA Championship - Discussion and Links to Photos
      Please put  any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      General Albums
       
      2024 PGA Championship - Monday #1
       
       
       
       
       
      WITB Albums
       
      Michael Block - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Patrick Reed - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Cam Smith - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Brooks Koepka - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Josh Speight - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Takumi Kanaya - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Kyle Mendoza - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Adrian Meronk - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jordan Smith - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jeremy Wells - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jared Jones - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      John Somers - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Larkin Gross - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Tracy Phillips - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Jon Rahm - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Keita Nakajima - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Kazuma Kobori - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      David Puig - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
      Ryan Van Velzen - WITB - 2024 PGA Championship
       
       
       
       
      Pullout Albums
       
      Ping putter covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Bettinardi covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Cameron putter covers - 2024 PGA Championship
      Max Homa - Titleist 2 wood - 2024 PGA Championship
      Scotty Cameron experimental putter shaft by UST - 2024 PGA Championship
       
       
       
        • Like
      • 13 replies

×
×
  • Create New...