2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Landmand suggestions needed!

Where are you travelling in/out from?  I assume Omaha

I like Tatanka if willing to make the drive.  Other than that, you have the Omaha courses and SC courses. The Ridge is a good course, but prob not worth the drive.

Edited by puttnforthe8

1 hour ago, oneunderbogey said:

Arbor Links or Lost Rail if you can get on would make an awesome trip.  

In Omaha suggestions: The Farnam (hotel) La Buvette, Howard St Wine, Gather, Wicked Rabbit, Boiler Room, Berry and Rye, Godega 

I am waiting for my Marriott discount to get the Farnam at a cheap price. Thats the property im looking at the most right now to stay

I wrote this in another thread about Landmand when someone asked about courses around Sioux City/NW Iowa:

"Depending on how far you want to drive, Tatanka is about an hour and twenty minutes west of Landmand.

If you're staying in Sioux City, there's Dakota Dunes C.C. in Dakota Dunes, SD (a northern suburb of Sioux City).  It's private but I would think a call from your pro could get you on.  Arnold Palmer design.  Whispering Creek is on the east side of Sioux City and is a solid choice. 

50 minutes north of Sioux City is The Ridge in Sioux Center, IA.  That's a very solid 18 hole course.  

There's also The Bluffs in Vermillion, SD which is about 30 minutes northwest of Sioux City. "

Some courses around Omaha are Bent Tree which is just east of Council Bluffs.  Quarry Oaks is just a little southwest of Omaha.  Arbor Links, which was mentioned earlier in this thread is an Arnold Palmer design that's well thought of. Its in Nebraska City which is 45 minutes south of Omaha.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cysmic said:

I wrote this in another thread about Landmand when someone asked about courses around Sioux City/NW Iowa:

"Depending on how far you want to drive, Tatanka is about an hour and twenty minutes west of Landmand.

If you're staying in Sioux City, there's Dakota Dunes C.C. in Dakota Dunes, SD (a northern suburb of Sioux City).  It's private but I would think a call from your pro could get you on.  Arnold Palmer design.  Whispering Creek is on the east side of Sioux City and is a solid choice. 

50 minutes north of Sioux City is The Ridge in Sioux Center, IA.  That's a very solid 18 hole course.  

There's also The Bluffs in Vermillion, SD which is about 30 minutes northwest of Sioux City. "

Some courses around Omaha are Bent Tree which is just east of Council Bluffs.  Quarry Oaks is just a little southwest of Omaha.  Arbor Links, which was mentioned earlier in this thread is an Arnold Palmer design that's well thought of. Its in Nebraska City which is 45 minutes south of Omaha.  

I second all of the above!

I grew up in Sioux City and parents moved to Dakota Dunes when I was entering HS. I played Dunes CC last summer prior to my round at Landmand and it is worth a call to your head pro for sure.

Other descent tracks in the area would be Two Rivers (very close proximity to Dunes CC - 15/20 mins from Landmand), Whispering Creek is great - east side of town, hilly and always in great condition, Sioux City Country Club - north side of town but again you would need a call from your club for permission, Old Dane in Dakota City NE. I believe arbor links is apart of the dormie network, which is a private national club...so getting on there might be a little tricky. 

If you aren't staying on property at Landmand I'd recommend staying in Sioux City. It's literally 10mins from Landmand. We have a Hard Rock hotel/casion, Marriot on the river in South Sioux (has a great steak house above called Kahill's - highly rec!). Miles Inn is a great dive bar in SC - cash only and you have to get the Charlie boy and schooner!

Happy to help guide you with other questions. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If staying in Omaha, I would opt for the Cottonwood in Blackstone. Lots of good food/drink in the area and a good central location. Not that the Farnham is bad, very nice place, downtown is just a cluster F at the moment. 

Lots of good golf to be had in Omaha too, just depends on what type of course you enjoy playing, how far you're willing to travel for it and the $$ for each round. Outside of the already mentioned courses, there is Dodge Riverside across the river, almost 100 year old parkland course. Short but still fun. Most of the Omaha munis are decent tracks (Johnny Goodman and Benson especially) and can be played for a good price. Iron Horse is a short drive and a fun place to play. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2023 at 1:20 PM, MspCyclone said:

I second all of the above!

I grew up in Sioux City and parents moved to Dakota Dunes when I was entering HS. I played Dunes CC last summer prior to my round at Landmand and it is worth a call to your head pro for sure.

Other descent tracks in the area would be Two Rivers (very close proximity to Dunes CC - 15/20 mins from Landmand), Whispering Creek is great - east side of town, hilly and always in great condition, Sioux City Country Club - north side of town but again you would need a call from your club for permission, Old Dane in Dakota City NE. I believe arbor links is apart of the dormie network, which is a private national club...so getting on there might be a little tricky. 

If you aren't staying on property at Landmand I'd recommend staying in Sioux City. It's literally 10mins from Landmand. We have a Hard Rock hotel/casion, Marriot on the river in South Sioux (has a great steak house above called Kahill's - highly rec!). Miles Inn is a great dive bar in SC - cash only and you have to get the Charlie boy and schooner!

Happy to help guide you with other questions. 

I pretty much did your suggestions/ itinerary last year and 100% recommend.  I also grew up in Sioux City and grew up playing Dakota Dunes and played at Landman in September. I flew into Omaha and played Omaha Country Club and then drove up to Sioux City that evening (90 minute drive). It’s definitely worth making a call and getting on Dakota Dunes, we played 18 at Landman in the morning and then 18 at Dakota Dunes in the afternoon.  We stayed at the Hard Rock and ate at Kahill’s.  

Agree with all of your other recommendations as well.  If you’re flying into Omaha, there are a ton of good courses.  It’s worth trying to have your pro make a call for a few of them.  Happy Hallow is awesome, Omaha Country Club, Champions, Arbor Links 

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

First off thank you very much for all the input.

We went on our trip last week so thought I’d follow up my own question with how things went.

Landed in Omaha and went straight to Dakota Dunes, what a treat! Troy and crew at the course were awesome and extended great hospitality. Despite the rain, it was one of the most enjoyable tracks we’ve ever played and I would highly recommend making the call if you can. 

Saturday was Two Rivers in the morning. At first glance it’s nothing special but once you get to the greens, wow. Staff was again top notch, and I’d not hesitate to return. Pay attention to the routing because it’s quite confusing haha. 

Saturday afternoon was the jewel of the trip, Landmand. After a quick bite at Pizza House in DD (10/10) we made our way “up top” and were met again with great hospitality. Those who have been know, but the scale of the property cannot be described or even translated by picture. We hit it on a true chamber of commerce day, 78 degrees with light winds. The routing through the dunes, angles, shot variety, and greens complexes were a sight to behold. We loved every second and were itching to turn around and head right back out. Landmand should be on everyone’s list. What the Andersen family, Rob, and Tad have given golf with this site is nothing short of awesome. 

After dealing with a flat on Sunday morning, we made it south to Bent Tree for 9 before heading to the airport. Another great track, with interesting shots and great conditions. Big shout out to the staff there for accommodating us after our delay. 

We stayed at the Hard Rock in Sioux City. Awesome place with tons of character in the building, great rooms, and it didn’t hurt to be able to play some games to wrap up the nights. Great food at Main + Abbey! 

Thanks again to all who helped out with planning this trip. What a fantastic little corner of the country, We will be back! 

- Ben

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 7:15 PM, bwkst2 said:

For those of you who have been or are in the area….

I have tee time in July, not sure if we should stay on site, in Omaha, elsewhere? 

And where else should I look to book a time at? Love a hidden gem! 

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Any update? Trip complete?

I will say - the people at Landman have been total DBs to the nth degree. Arrogant, unhelpful and just rude.  I was astonished at the total lack of anything resembling friendliness.

• Sad 1

On 7/26/2023 at 2:49 PM, puttnforthe8 said:

Any update? Trip complete?

I will say - the people at Landman have been total DBs to the nth degree. Arrogant, unhelpful and just rude.  I was astonished at the total lack of anything resembling friendliness.

The Andersens and their crew are quite the opposite. Welcoming and hospitable, each and every employee I’ve encountered. 

Also, if you’re going to bash a place, at least spell the name properly. 

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, ALo314 said:

The Andersens and their crew are quite the opposite. Welcoming and hospitable, each and every employee I’ve encountered. 

Also, if you’re going to bash a place, at least spell the name properly. 

Excuse me...I missed a letter.  I mentioned my experience; I was treated completely opposite!  I'm glad you had a good experience; I did not! I did not bash anyone - simply stated fact!  What in the world is your issue?  You need help! 

On 7/31/2023 at 6:50 PM, puttnforthe8 said:

Excuse me...I missed a letter.  I mentioned my experience; I was treated completely opposite!  I'm glad you had a good experience; I did not! I did not bash anyone - simply stated fact!  What in the world is your issue?  You need help! 

We’re not the ones having the issue…obviously you have had one with the Landmand experience. We’d love to hear some specifics other than calling them DBs and rude. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ALo314 said:

We’re not the ones having the issue…obviously you have had one with the Landmand experience. We’d love to hear some specifics other than calling them DBs and rude. 

He has posted this in a couple of threads without giving much detail on what happened. I think the hospitality was top notch when I played. I had zero issues. 

• Like 1