Greatest deal at Golf Galaxy

JaxBeachGolf03

It's amazing it made it to the floor at all and that some employee didn't bogart it.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

3 hours ago, JaxBeachGolf03 said:

That stuff usually never makes the floor. I wonder if someone new into golf put it on the floor.

Depends on the store and employees.

I've grabbed several $80-90 Scotty's before in years past just sitting there in the used section.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I got a set of Miura wedges a few years ago for $10 each.

Also found a Velocore Blue 6S on a lefty G425 driver at Play it again for something like $275. They wouldn't let me swap shafts to a righty head so it sits.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

On 1/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Also found a Velocore Blue 6S on a lefty G425 driver at Play it again for something like $275. They wouldn't let me swap shafts to a righty head so it sits.

I would have bought the head anyways took the shaft, found a cheap as chips RH head swapped it, and then sold the lefty head.  You probably would have come out no worse than about $100 out of pocket.  That's before selling the shaft if you didn't like it either, so it likely would have made you money.

On 1/28/2023 at 9:09 AM, JaxBeachGolf03 said:

That stuff usually never makes the floor. I wonder if someone new into golf put it on the floor.

Funny stories related to this.  Years ago when the SQ woods were first released, I was working part time at a big box store.  A coworker of mine were super into shafts (and still are!) and we inter-store transferred in an SQ 3 wood for some kid (couldn't have been more than about 15-16 years old).  If you remember, this was about the time that the original Blueboard, Whiteboard, and Redboard were really starting to catch on as Tiger had the Blues in his woods and they were getting a ton of air time.  Anyways, I pull this club out to call the customer and I notice that the stock shaft looks a little weird.  The stock shaft then was a fake blueboard and this one had 80 on it.  I was like huh, that's weird.  Upon closer inspection, this was a legit flowerband '83x x5ct blueboard (or whatever the legit x code was at the time).  The kid comes in and my coworker was the one who originally helped them and was gushing over this shaft.  It was priced exactly the same as the other SQ woods, so somebody at the other store done goofed or someone who owned this thing originally did an exchange and didn't care that they lost probably $300 in upcharge.  At any rate, he's gushing over what a stellar deal this was, all the while the kid is banging it off the side wall, fatting it, slicing it, even the mom is like "are you sure you want this one???" in a hint that maybe he should look for something else.  The kid is like flat out "no!  This is it!".  Maybe the kid really liked Tiger or AK and wanted the fairway wood to match, but it just seemed like my coworker probably could have got them into something more suitable and then bought that themselves at employee and had a cool little club.  After the kid left he looks at me and is like "wtf was I thinking?  Why didn't I just talk him into something else, he hit that horribly!"

Story two.  We also did an inter-store transfer for a Hibore Tour.  I didn't call the guy and they never came in so I am doing restocks and get to this one.  I notice three things, first, this driver has a WEIRD grip.  It's a Victory Cord with about 10 wraps underneath it.  Second, it has an ion plated Whiteboard 83X that has zero give to it.  Third, it's an 8.5* head that sits about 8* open.  I called the store it came from and they were like "oh yeah, during the tour event that passes by Vijay Singh's caddy came by and exchanged it for some other stuff.  It's been sitting here ever since."  I hit it, and basically put it into the side wall, the thing was ridiculously heavy and stiff.  Another guy I work with bought it at employee discount and sold it like a week later for what he paid for it.  We were all like "MAN!  You could have sold that for like $1000!" he just said he "didn't want the hassle."

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

On 1/31/2023 at 10:40 AM, D0ch0l1d4y said:

If you want to give the head to a lefty...I'll take it!  LOL

On 2/2/2023 at 8:08 AM, WristySwing said:

I would have bought the head anyways took the shaft, found a cheap as chips RH head swapped it, and then sold the lefty head.  You probably would have come out no worse than about $100 out of pocket.  That's before selling the shaft if you didn't like it either, so it likely would have made you money.

Funny stories related to this.  Years ago when the SQ woods were first released, I was working part time at a big box store.  A coworker of mine were super into shafts (and still are!) and we inter-store transferred in an SQ 3 wood for some kid (couldn't have been more than about 15-16 years old).  If you remember, this was about the time that the original Blueboard, Whiteboard, and Redboard were really starting to catch on as Tiger had the Blues in his woods and they were getting a ton of air time.  Anyways, I pull this club out to call the customer and I notice that the stock shaft looks a little weird.  The stock shaft then was a fake blueboard and this one had 80 on it.  I was like huh, that's weird.  Upon closer inspection, this was a legit flowerband '83x x5ct blueboard (or whatever the legit x code was at the time).  The kid comes in and my coworker was the one who originally helped them and was gushing over this shaft.  It was priced exactly the same as the other SQ woods, so somebody at the other store done goofed or someone who owned this thing originally did an exchange and didn't care that they lost probably $300 in upcharge.  At any rate, he's gushing over what a stellar deal this was, all the while the kid is banging it off the side wall, fatting it, slicing it, even the mom is like "are you sure you want this one???" in a hint that maybe he should look for something else.  The kid is like flat out "no!  This is it!".  Maybe the kid really liked Tiger or AK and wanted the fairway wood to match, but it just seemed like my coworker probably could have got them into something more suitable and then bought that themselves at employee and had a cool little club.  After the kid left he looks at me and is like "wtf was I thinking?  Why didn't I just talk him into something else, he hit that horribly!"

Story two.  We also did an inter-store transfer for a Hibore Tour.  I didn't call the guy and they never came in so I am doing restocks and get to this one.  I notice three things, first, this driver has a WEIRD grip.  It's a Victory Cord with about 10 wraps underneath it.  Second, it has an ion plated Whiteboard 83X that has zero give to it.  Third, it's an 8.5* head that sits about 8* open.  I called the store it came from and they were like "oh yeah, during the tour event that passes by Vijay Singh's caddy came by and exchanged it for some other stuff.  It's been sitting here ever since."  I hit it, and basically put it into the side wall, the thing was ridiculously heavy and stiff.  Another guy I work with bought it at employee discount and sold it like a week later for what he paid for it.  We were all like "MAN!  You could have sold that for like $1000!" he just said he "didn't want the hassle."

Used to work at a PGATSS. Anything good that got traded in never made it to the floor. I took in a tour issue 913hd with 105x Tour ADDI for $29, would’ve hit the used rack at $49, but I bought it on the spot for my employee discount. At the same time a guy saw it come in and tried to take it from me after I bought it. We also got a Wilson 5 wood with a 9x DI and gave $35 for it. I pulled the shaft and swapped in some cheap pull we had in the back and took the DI. 

but any good putters, shafts, or anything rare and valuable never hit the sales floor, it was always grabbed by employees as soon as the paperwork was done.

• Like 1

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

10 hours ago, CCUgolfer23 said:

Used to work at a PGATSS. Anything good that got traded in never made it to the floor. I took in a tour issue 913hd with 105x Tour ADDI for $29, would’ve hit the used rack at $49, but I bought it on the spot for my employee discount. At the same time a guy saw it come in and tried to take it from me after I bought it. We also got a Wilson 5 wood with a 9x DI and gave $35 for it. I pulled the shaft and swapped in some cheap pull we had in the back and took the DI. 

but any good putters, shafts, or anything rare and valuable never hit the sales floor, it was always grabbed by employees as soon as the paperwork was done.

Interesting about the guy eyeballing the DI immediately as it got traded in and was ready to buy it then and there.  Nice to see it still remains in the bag, though, so its got some good use.  Someone traded in an XR'14 3wd one time at my store with a DI in it.  I swapped the shafts because we priced on the head, not the whole components as you guys did as well.  It didn't last long, one of the worst fairway wood shafts I ever used.  I just couldn't get any sense of where the head was at all.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

6 hours ago, WristySwing said:

Interesting about the guy eyeballing the DI immediately as it got traded in and was ready to buy it then and there.  Nice to see it still remains in the bag, though, so its got some good use.  Someone traded in an XR'14 3wd one time at my store with a DI in it.  I swapped the shafts because we priced on the head, not the whole components as you guys did as well.  It didn't last long, one of the worst fairway wood shafts I ever used.  I just couldn't get any sense of where the head was at all.

Yeah the DI for me is the best hybrid or 5 wood shaft I’ve ever used. Ended up trading the 105 for a 95 for something lighter but overall the flight and spin is perfect for those clubs. 

PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1