2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Pro V1x Left Dash

Denny100

Does anyone play this ball?

The more I read about it, the more i think this ball could really work for my game.

I think first of all, a good proportion of the year, a lot of UK parklands play soft. So from a greenside control perspective, dropping some spin wouldnt make that much difference. In fact it might help to access back pins a little easier, if the ball doesnt check up as much.

Im also thinking that im someone who has a little steeper angle of attack than id like, with every club. I feel like this ball is going to mitigate some of the effects of  that by launching a little higher and flatter than other balls, like the B-xs Bridgestone im currently playing.

Lastly, could this ball give a little extra boost off the tee? my spin can creep up with driver. On trackman ive tested my driver and i spin it between 2,500-3,000 usually.... Maybe a touch high. But its not just the spin, its the firmness that might give a little extra ball speed.

My worry is that the feel will be substantially harder than what comes off the Bridgestone. But that would be something that works itself out when you get around the chipping area for a bit and putt with it.

Id also be interested to know that, all things being equal, if you drop a certain amount of spin off each shot, i.e 300rpm, 500rpm etc, what effect on ball flight would that have in a robot, lab scenario?

I know we arent going to get close to robotic performance, but if you take any iron at a given ball speed, what would dropping say 300-500rpm of spin off the shot do to the peak height, distance, descent angle etc?

Definitely interested to try this ball out.

Driver: Taylormade M2 (set at 8.5); Graphite Design AD DI5-X

3 Wood: PXG GEN 3 0341X 15.5; HZRDUS Yellow 70 6.5

Hybrid: PXG GEN 5 0311XF 19; HZRDUS Black 6.5

Irons: Titleist T100s 4-PW; Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: PXG 0311 Forged 50, 54, 58; Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter: Odyssey Pro 9 White Hot

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x 

I've been using it quite alot here in South Australia...

I find it a better ball in summer than winter, just seems to be a little harder to compress in the cold weather...

Longest ball I've used, however it still has enough spin for approach shots. The biggest difference you'll notice is the feel with the putter (well I did)...

I've stocked up on them - I don't plan on moving away from them...

• Like 1

I've played it the last 3 summers as my primary ball.  The BXS is a marshmallow compared to the LD.  You will likely pick up noticeable distance with the LD.  It will not spin as much around the green, but the BXS spins more than most on those short chips.  

Yes, you will gain ball speed with the LD.  Yes, it will be substantially more firm than the BXS.

• Like 1

Left dash feels like a rock but you get used to it after awhile.  I found it to be one of the higher launching balls but it's definitely low spin as advertised.  Only other ball that's comparable in terms of bringing spin down was the Z-Star XV for me.  I got enough spin with irons but where it falls short for me is around the green where it tends to roll out more than other tour balls. 

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, B.Easy said:

I've played it the last 3 summers as my primary ball.  The BXS is a marshmallow compared to the LD.  You will likely pick up noticeable distance with the LD.  It will not spin as much around the green, but the BXS spins more than most on those short chips.  

Yes, you will gain ball speed with the LD.  Yes, it will be substantially more firm than the BXS.

How do your greens normally play?

Can you play aggressive low flighted chips with one hop first bounce, grip on the second and gently release out kind of flight?

Is there any danger of hitting the ball shorter due to LACK of spin on the longer clubs do you think?

I dont worry too much about greenside spin in the sense that....... we arent going to be playing tour greens. The greens will always be to an extent soft-ish and slower than those on tour, so i think you can afford to drop some spin. 

I think from a strokes gained perspective even as a decent amateur, if youre leaving yourself in positions around the green that requires a surgeons touch with a crazy flop shot or something similar.... youre gonna struggle to get that up and down regardless really.

LD has been my primary ball for last 2-3 years. I like it the best with my driver and wedges. With my driver, it launches bit higher with lower spin and it seems to offer more predictable spin control with my full and partial wedges. I still have enough spin on my approach shots. It does have firmer feel and I like it.

When the Titleist ball fitting rep came to my club last summer, LD came out on top for me followed with ProV1, AVX and ProV1x in order.

If you have a chance to pick up a sleeve or a dozen, maybe you could find out if you'll like it or not. 

• Like 1

62 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

Callaway Rogue Max LS 10.5 Ventus Red Velocore 6-S 

TSR2 10* Ventus Blue Velocore 6-S

Callaway Paradym TD 15* & AI Smoke TD 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 5-AW AMT Black S300

SM9 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

3 minutes ago, br61 said:

LD has been my primary ball for last 2-3 years. I like it the best with my driver and wedges. With my driver, it launches bit higher with lower spin and it seems to offer more predictable spin control with my full and partial wedges. I still have enough spin on my approach shots. It does have firmer feel and I like it.

When the Titleist ball fitting rep came to my club last summer, LD came out on top for me followed with ProV1, AVX and ProV1x in order.

If you have a chance to pick up a sleeve or a dozen, maybe you could find out if you'll like it or not. 

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

My intial thoughts seem to be on the lines of (latest models):

Pro v1x: Similar performance characteristics to Bridgestone Tour B-XS, but with a firmer feel

Pro v1x left dash: A higher flying version of pro v1, but with a firmer feel

Pro v1: A lower flying ball reducing spin on all shots, but softer than the X balls

AVX: Similar spin properties to Left dash, but with low flight and soft feel.

I feel like the Bridgestone Tour BX is an option too.....but it seems more like pro v1 than left dash?

• Like 1

I would be interested to hear how you get on if you do test it. I played BXS for over a year, then switched to Pro V1X a few months ago and am now back in a Pro V1. 

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

I've played the BXS for a couple of years now. Great ball, but occasionally I'd dip into the LD. It's night and day different for me in terms of feel and performance. Ultimately I decided to stick with the BXS to maintain that control. 

Heading into 2023 I'm now testing the ProV1 which I think is a good balance between the two.

• Like 1

Played the left dash all last season coming from the prov1 and loved it for the most part. Longest ball I have played off the tee with driver, 3 wood and hybrid. Nice high flight off the irons and still had stopping power under normal conditions.

The biggest issue I had with the ball was when the greens were firm. I had some issues getting my low-spinning wedge shots to one hop and stop vs skip and roll out. I also hit the ball on a mid trajectory, so having a bit less spin on firm greens can lead to more skipping than stopping( though I have addressed this with a shaft change this off-season). 

If I could hit one ball of the tee every time it would be this ball. Overall the firmness didn't bother me at all throughout the entire bag and felt good enough off my s55 irons.

This season I might try the prov1 x. I loved the higher flight of the left dash however I do need a little more spin in the short game. 

Edited by Flip4000

7 hours ago, Denny100 said:

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

My intial thoughts seem to be on the lines of (latest models):

Pro v1x: Similar performance characteristics to Bridgestone Tour B-XS, but with a firmer feel

Pro v1x left dash: A higher flying version of pro v1, but with a firmer feel

Pro v1: A lower flying ball reducing spin on all shots, but softer than the X balls

AVX: Similar spin properties to Left dash, but with low flight and soft feel.

I feel like the Bridgestone Tour BX is an option too.....but it seems more like pro v1 than left dash?

BX feels just a touch softer than the left dash IMO.  Launch was a hair lower and I saw slightly more spin.  It's highly underrated IMO but I found it to to have durability issues when I took a sleeve out to test on the course. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Alright so I’ve found the right ball thread for me it seems like. 

I’m a prov1 player. Play in the southeast so most of my time is 50/50 newer mini-Verdi Bermuda and Bent grass. One of my local tracks has some of the best greens in the state, any day they can truly anywhere from 12.8 to 13.3. 

SS 114 apex 120 BS 169 spin 2300 launch 14 carry 295. 7 irons launch around 19/20, peak 120 spin 6000. 

I need to find a unicorn ball. AVX is a great ball but I have stone hands so I truly can’t afford to lose the green side spin. LD drive spin is great but launches too high. Wish every ball ever flew in the wind like the BX. Hence why I just settle with he prov1 but something inside (the golf ho) just feels like I NEED the •Prov1. Am I being dramatic?

@B.Easy nevermind I miss read it. 

Edited by Tommyboi95
  • Like 1

I’m a long-time fan and user of the LD, but recently was gifted some of the Tiger BXS balls and took them to a member-guest with much firmer greens and surrounds. I almost couldn’t feel the BXS off the club face, coming from the very firm LD, so I can imagine going from BXS to LD will be a bit jarring at first feel-wise. 

The BX is a great ball that might fit in between, I’ve found it to have a little more stopping power and slightly softer feel than the LD. Plenty long enough too. Could be a good stepping stone/test ball to try first. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AusGolf22 said:

I’m a long-time fan and user of the LD, but recently was gifted some of the Tiger BXS balls and took them to a member-guest with much firmer greens and surrounds. I almost couldn’t feel the BXS off the club face, coming from the very firm LD, so I can imagine going from BXS to LD will be a bit jarring at first feel-wise. 

The BX is a great ball that might fit in between, I’ve found it to have a little more stopping power and slightly softer feel than the LD. Plenty long enough too. Could be a good stepping stone/test ball to try first. 

Sounds good man 

thank you 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I currently play the BX and like it quite a bit for the most part, but if I full swing a wedge, it will roll back 20-30 feet and I can stop a 6 iron within a foot of the divot, so back pins can be pretty tough. Will the LD take some of that off, or will it just be a marginal difference?

17 hours ago, GtnGrimey said:

I currently play the BX and like it quite a bit for the most part, but if I full swing a wedge, it will roll back 20-30 feet and I can stop a 6 iron within a foot of the divot, so back pins can be pretty tough. Will the LD take some of that off, or will it just be a marginal difference?

Left dash spun less for me on wedges compared to the BX.  About 5-10 feet back spin on average.