2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)

14 minutes ago, NoCalHack said:

No brainer for Cobra to ditch Bryson.  

He's been a pain (the driver sucks fiasco). Nobody wants one length irons. Bryson has fallen off and hasn't been relevant from a golf standpoint in a while.  LIV = lack of exposure.

Yeah its a no brainer for sure.  He's been nothing but negative towards their drivers, which are the biggest sellers every year for every company.  Who on earth would want to keep pumping money into someone that doesn't believe in their products lol.  

G430 LST 10.5* - G430 Max 15* - Cobra Baffler 17.5*- Sub 70 Pro 20* & 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58*  - F22

17 minutes ago, toddyc said:

They might care but most of them don’t have any money. Especially if they waste time watching nonsense on YouTube 

You would be surprised at how much money they spend on stuff after watching good good and channels like that on Youtube. Kids either spend any pocket money or get their parents to buy the merch. It isnt quite as easy when it comes to equipment with that being way more expensive but if their favourite youtube player has a Callaway driver, they are more likely to ask for one for their birthday/ christmas etc. I bet a lot of the younger kids in the US hardly watch PGA tour on the TV, but spend hours a day watching golf on Youtube! 

• Like 3

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

TM Spider GT (black head), 33'', KBS One Step (Black), SS Zenergy Tour 1.0

TP5x

19 minutes ago, jaffabell said:

You would be surprised at how much money they spend on stuff after watching good good and channels like that on Youtube. Kids either spend any pocket money or get their parents to buy the merch. It isnt quite as easy when it comes to equipment with that being way more expensive but if their favourite youtube player has a Callaway driver, they are more likely to ask for one for their birthday/ christmas etc. I bet a lot of the younger kids in the US hardly watch PGA tour on the TV, but spend hours a day watching golf on Youtube! 

EXACTLY!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Viper4225 said:

Bryson also has a YouTube channel and some of his vids have 500k views (that's probably more than a weaker PGA event, I'm assuming).

He's more the exception and not the rule compared to other LIV guys. Callaway and TM catering to the younger crowd when they signed GOOD GOOD and Micah/Grant respectively. 

That's 500k views with one golfer, being super casual, very small employee/cost count to film, no infrastructure... I'd say 500k views is probably as or more valuable to Bryson as the Masters is for all 60 golfers splitting revenues with the PGA tour and Augusta... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AThompson_3 said:

That’s a fair point. Her leaving to go to TM was definitely a shock. I do wonder if some of that was due to money though. TM definitely seems to be in the we need to expand beyond PGA tour guys to market our products. Korda and Henderson definitely fit that mold and probably got a check that Ping just couldn’t match. 

Not aTM guy, but in Brooke and Nelly’s defense, it looked like the move to TM worked out. Soon as the move was announced, Nelly finished 4th with Brooke winning the LPGA season opener wire-to-wire a the Hilton Grand Vacations Tournament of Champions. Charley Hull (another TM staffer) tied for 2nd. TM must have been stoked about that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaffabell said:

This. Your local driving range and muni will be filled with Joggers and Good Good caps in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 9º - Project X HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN Small Batch 70g TX 

3W: Cobra Tour Speedzone - HZRDUS SMOKE GREEN 70G TX

Hybrid: Cobra F9 3h - HZRDUS BLACK 85g X

4i-GW: Cobra Black MB - Black C-taper 130 X

54º/58º: Black Vokey SM8 D&S grind - black C Taper 130X 

P: Black/custom Swag Handsome One

Vice Pro Plus

Lets face it between Ricky, Bryson and Lexi ...how long does Cobra  go to garner a 2 maybe 3% marketshare world wide. If they took those 3 out of the equation they would still be the same or slightly less. It only took Nike 15 years to realize spending 100 of millions of dollars on high-end endorsements, advertising and manufacturing of clubs, balls is a losing proposition. There are too many manufactuers fighting over marketshare spots of 5 thru 10 in manufacturing

BTW I expect Lexi to sell out when her contract is up and join the lemmings in Nike apparel, then have her game go further south

IMO

• Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 11:28 AM, john myrbch said:

... and the Rad Speed line looked like a poor man’s version of the Callaway Epic line that was released the same year with their green and white color ways.

Their players irons look okay, but very few “players” play them, and their GI irons are ugly as sin. The wedges?  LOL and I’ve never actually seen one of their putters in anyone’s bag. Ever.

You just trashed my whole bag...

I will say the sport-45 is the cheapest Sik face putter on the market.

2 hours ago, Vespar said:

Lets face it between Ricky, Bryson and Lexi ...how long does Cobra  go to garner a 2 maybe 3% marketshare world wide. If they took those 3 out of the equation they would still be the same or slightly less. It only took Nike 15 years to realize spending 100 of millions of dollars on high-end endorsements, advertising and manufacturing of clubs, balls is a losing proposition. There are too many manufactuers fighting over marketshare spots of 5 thru 10 in manufacturing

BTW I expect Lexi to sell out when her contract is up and join the lemmings in Nike apparel, then have her game go further south

IMO

I see more Cobra woods than about anything on the market.  That and Ping.  I see way more Cobra woods than Callaway, Mizuno, Srixon, Tour Edge combined.  Obviously woods are their specialty -  Bryson is off the payroll.  Rickie still moves the needle despite this forums general hatred for him.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jtarble said:

Bryson is such a whiner and I'm not even sure he's good at golf anymore.  It will not surprise me if he's completely out of the game once his LIV contract is up.  Absolutely no reason for Cobra continuing to pay him

When Bryson’s contract is up with LIV, he will go Long Drivers of America.  He seems obsessed with 175 mph ball speed and got injured in his quest for it last year.  A smaller LDA Driver manufacturer will cater to him.  Crank, BombTech, etc.  Too bad AccuFlex is no longer around.  Bryson could have messed around with some serious LDA shafts with them.

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

Titleist 2023 T200 Irons, 4-PW, 48*, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

11 hours ago, semarlor said:

I heard this recently from another manufacturer about the LIV guys. He basically said that they aren't going to drop anybody but when their contract is up they probably won't be resigned (or if they do, at a significant discount.) obviously that was one guy from one OEM but this seems to track right along with that. 

This is true.  The OEM contracts require the golfer to represent and play their products at a minimum number of PGA Tour events (at least 15, perhaps even more).  LIV doesn’t have enough tournaments to meet the minimum contract requirements.  And LIV certainly does not give the OEMs the exposure on TV that the OEMs want.  So, the OEMs will not renew the contracts.

Of the OEM contracts to obtain, TaylorMade is apparently the hardest to get.  Things have since changed from the Mark King days.  A TM rep has stated that their stable of players are now based on quality, not quantity.  No rep will confirm it, but there might be a certain driving distance criteria for a player to meet.  Notice how all their LPGA Players have over 250 yard driving averages and tend to be at the top.

Edited by Goldenhawk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vlade15 said:

I see more Cobra woods than about anything on the market.  That and Ping.  I see way more Cobra woods than Callaway, Mizuno, Srixon, Tour Edge combined.  Obviously woods are their specialty -  Bryson is off the payroll.  Rickie still moves the needle despite this forums general hatred for him.

Don’t know where you are playing but Cobra isn’t close to Callaway’s driver market share

• Like 4

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

19 minutes ago, Goldenhawk said:

When Bryson’s contract is up with LIV, he will go Long Drivers of America.  He seems obsessed with 175 mph ball speed and got injured in his quest for it last year.  A smaller LDA Driver manufacturer will cater to him.  Crank, BombTech, etc.  Too bad AccuFlex is no longer around.  Bryson could have messed around with some serious LDA shafts with them.

175 ball speed? Can he get that with his 3 iron? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

2 minutes ago, Holy Moses said:

175 ball speed? Can he get that with his 3 iron? 

My mistake.  215 mph ball speed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldenhawk said:

My mistake.  215 mph ball speed.

Dude may be immature, childish and a brat but he does put in the work. At least for the LDA anyway.

If he put this much work into his actual golf game who knows what he could accomplish.

• Like 4

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

10 hours ago, zaccaf said:

Who knows ... Maybe just go to Mike Taylor at artisan and just have him build out a whole set. 

He’s had a full set built by them for a few years now.  We’ll see if he ever uses the irons in a tournament 

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

5 hours ago, jafstar said:

You just trashed my whole bag...

I will say the sport-45 is the cheapest Sik face putter on the market.

Sorry man… 😇

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

PING G425 3W 14.5* & 5W 17.5*

PING G425 4H 22** & 5H 26* 

CALLAWAY Apex DCB 6-AW 

CALLAWAY Raw Face 54-10 

CLEVELAND  RTX Zipcore 58-6 

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

2 hours ago, Goldenhawk said:

When Bryson’s contract is up with LIV, he will go Long Drivers of America.  

He will be doing long drive this year under the new World Long Drive that Comcast/NBC used to own. A company bought World Long Drive and the Pro Long Drive Association that BDC and Berkshire ran and put it under the World Long Drive banner. It will again be telecast on Golf Channel under the new ownership.

https://www.si.com/golf/news/world-long-drive-expansion-bryson-dechambeau-2023

it was announced that World Long Drive’s return coincides with a new owner: GF Sports and Entertainment, a global events and sports operations company. GF Sports and Entertainment acquired both World Long Drive and the Pro Long Drive Association (PLDA), meaning that the sport’s two central organizing bodies are now housed under one roof. 

Now that the sport is being showcased on an even bigger stage, fans can expect to see plenty more bombs from DeChambeau. 

“World Long Drive is exciting, challenging and fun,” DeChambeau said. “I started long drive to increase my swing speed and then I got addicted to hitting it farther and farther. I’m looking forward to qualifying for Atlanta and competing on a National stage in 2023.” 

In 2023, long drive competitors will compete for the largest purse in the tour’s history: $1.1 million. 

GF Sports and Entertainment’s acquisition helped World Long Drive strike a massive new TV deal, signing with NBC Sports and Golf Channel for more than 50 hours of coverage over the course of the agreement and 10 each year. 

World Long Drive was owned by Golf Channel until 2020, when the network was forced to both discontinue its broadcast and put the circuit up for sale due to pandemic-related challenges. 

Edited by grm24

2 hours ago, Holy Moses said:

Don’t know where you are playing but Cobra isn’t close to Callaway’s driver market share

I completely agree worldwide Cobra wouldn't come close, but I have seen the same thing up here in Canada. Taylormade is definitely #1 for drivers in terms of what I see in peoples bags, but I've seen ALOT of LTDx this past year. Comparable to Callaway, Titleist, or Ping. I believe TXG said their most sold driver of 2022 was the LTD as well.

Edited by jordan_mccomb

On 2/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, Jeff58 said:

Excellent move by Bryson. He now has 60 options for blaming and shaming any driver TM provides.

”I told them to put layer 27 at a 60 degree orientation vs. my swing path. What a bunch of idiots.”

”I clearly missed the fairway on 12 due to partial delamination of the cover plate. Any moron knows to use a tetrahydrodyne adhesive in that application.”

Hey , BADs might be the smartest guy in the room , equipment companies will shell out $$$ for him not to touch / play their gear 

Edited by drbonesvt
  • Haha 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

9 hours ago, jtarble said:

Bryson is such a whiner and I'm not even sure he's good at golf anymore.  It will not surprise me if he's completely out of the game once his LIV contract is up.  Absolutely no reason for Cobra continuing to pay him

You think he’s not good at golf anymore? 

Ping G430 LST 9 (@8.0*) - Ventus TR Black 7X

Taylormade Stealth 15* - Ventus TR Black 8X

Taylormade Stealth 18* - Ventus TR Black 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-PW - KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50* - KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 55*- KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 60*- KBS $-Taper 130X

EvnRoll ER11v Midlock 

2 minutes ago, gbang15 said:

but WOULD tmag ever sign bryson? interesting how he chose taylormade. 

He might have chosen TM because they do seem to give the fastest ball speeds (next to the TD Paradym) and TM does pay non staffers at events to play their drivers.  However missing the cut and a +7 certainly didn’t help at all.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

• GwrxMod changed the title to Bryson DeChambeau Taylormade Stealth Plus 2 2/2/23 (*** NO LIV CONTENT ***)