2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Quality used fairway wood

JFlad

I was looking for an upgrade to my old Bertha driver and adams tightlies fairway woods and stumbled on a set of old Cleveland titanium launchers from the mid 2000s. They were six dollars apiece at a thrift store and wow and I mean wow they are long and forgiving. These in my opinion would be Great if your budget is super tight

• Thanks 1

I really enjoy the Titleist 915 line... solid FWs and can found for some good prices

• Like 2

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

12 hours ago, GHIN n Juice said:

2016 M2 line and the M4 line are very solid.  Pick up a 3hl from either and enjoy those short par 4s and reachable par 5s.

The 2016 m2 3hl is probably my favorite fairway ever. If i could find one that wasn’t beat up I would get another.

• Like 1

Rogue st Max 10.5 Tour AD VR 6

Titleist TSi2 16.5 VA Composite Slay 

Sim Ti 19.75 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75

PXG Gen 2 22 Hybrid Kiyoshi Purple

Cobra King Tour 5-p TT Elevate Tour
Ping S159 56W and 60B KBS Tour 120
Bettinardi BB-28SB

I highly recommend Epic Flash fairway wood

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Double Diamond Ventus TR Blue 6S tipped 1.5"

Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* bonded Ventus TR Blue 7S tipped 1.25"

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 20* Ventus TR Blue 8S tipped 1.5"

Epon AF Tour 4-PW Modus 105 Stiff
Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 51, 55, 59 Modus 115 and 125 Wedge Shaft

Byron Morgan 612 GSS

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 10:32 AM, hammergolf said:

Tour Edge has last years C721 preowned fwy woods on sale for $102. Hard to beat that especially since their “preowned clubs” are usually practically 

It's hard to believe so many people don't give these a chance...my guess is that they don't have a presence on the PGA tour. Although they are used a ton by champion tour players, still I think folks gravitate towards what they see being used by tour players.

I'd be willing to wager if most golfers did a blind test, that these would rank near the top. And at the price point you can find them, the can't be beat IMO. 

• Like 2

As many mentioned here, Tour Edge is one of the best values in golf.   And not just bang for the buck, they will compete with any of the big names.   

I’ve got the 16.5* EXS 220 3-wood which is a real launcher and very forgiving.  And I just sold my G425 driver and went back to my Tour Edge EXS Pro.  Just a fantastic club.

Edited by deejaid
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, aquapig said:

It's hard to believe so many people don't give these a chance...my guess is that they don't have a presence on the PGA tour. Although they are used a ton by champion tour players, still I think folks gravitate towards what they see being used by tour players.

I'd be willing to wager if most golfers did a blind test, that these would rank near the top. And at the price point you can find them, the can't be beat IMO. 

I don't think it's *only* about tour preferences.

For one, most pro shops don't have nearly as many Tour Edge clubs in stock as they do major brands. Less people trying them means less people using them. 

The clubs themselves give me the impression of being less refined than other OEM's. The lines, graphics, paint work and alignment aids look cheesy to my eye. You'd never mistake a Tour Edge product for Titleist. 

The last TE club I actually tried was the 721 driver in a fitting. We were on a crowded driving range and as soon as I hit a ball with it seemed like half the people there turned around and looked at me like I'd done something wrong. It had a really loud and un-golf-like sound on impact that turned me off right away. 

Obviously these are things a lot of players learn to live with, but I think trying to pin Tour Edge's lack of market penetration on their endorsement strategy is not a complete picture. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

20 minutes ago, me05501 said:

For one, most pro shops don't have nearly as many Tour Edge clubs in stock as they do major brands. Less people trying them means less people using them. 

The clubs themselves give me the impression of being less refined than other OEM's. The lines, graphics, paint work and alignment aids look cheesy to my eye. You'd never mistake a Tour Edge product for Titleist. 

The last TE club I actually tried was the 721 driver in a fitting. We were on a crowded driving range and as soon as I hit a ball with it seemed like half the people there turned around and looked at me like I'd done something wrong. It had a really loud and un-golf-like sound on impact that turned me off right away. 

Obviously these are things a lot of players learn to live with, but I think trying to pin Tour Edge's lack of market penetration on their endorsement strategy is not a complete picture. 

You think Tour Edge "lines, graphics, paint work, alignment aids" look more cheesy and "less refined" than other OEMS? Okey dokey. TM Sim, looked horrible to me. The new Cobra line, to me, looks awfully cheesy. But to each their own. 

image.jpeg.1ecbab8787cdd65ea218651fe5c18bcd.jpeg 

Nothing cheesy about that to me. 

We all have different preferences, but I'm not sure how Tour Edge clubs look less refined than other OEMs. 

Their clubs are very underrated IMO. 

I have a mixed bag, so I'm not baised towards any OEM. I have Mizuno driver, TM 4 wood, TEE 7 wood, MMC MP 20 irons, Ping putter, Vokey wedges. 

To each their own. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aquapig said:

You think Tour Edge "lines, graphics, paint work, alignment aids" look more cheesy and "less refined" than other OEMS? Okey dokey. TM Sim, looked horrible to me. The new Cobra line, to me, looks awfully cheesy. But to each their own. 

image.jpeg.1ecbab8787cdd65ea218651fe5c18bcd.jpeg 

Nothing cheesy about that to me. 

We all have different preferences, but I'm not sure how Tour Edge clubs look less refined than other OEMs. 

Their clubs are very underrated IMO. 

I have a mixed bag, so I'm not baised towards any OEM. I have Mizuno driver, TM 4 wood, TEE 7 wood, MMC MP 20 irons, Ping putter, Vokey wedges. 

To each their own. 

We all have opinions about this stuff and I'm just sharing mine. I have nothing against any brand. My personal impressions of and experience with TE clubs can only explain why I personally don't play them. I'm assuming there may be a contingent who agree with me. Maybe not. 

I tend to love Callaway woods, but I know a lot of younger players see them as an old man brand. That opinion is meaningless to me because the products work in my hands. That is all that should matter to me. Callaway doesn't need to enlist me to defend their reputation. They just need me to buy their stuff. 🙂

Edited by me05501
  • Like 1

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

3 hours ago, deejaid said:

As many mentioned here, Tour Edge is one of the best values in golf.   And not just bang for the buck, they will compete with any of the big names.   

I’ve got the 16.5* EXS 220 3-wood which is a real launcher and very forgiving.  And I just sold my G425 driver and went back to my Tour Edge EXS Pro.  Just a fantastic club.

Agreed. They have to be up their with the best vaules in golf. 

I got my EX9  wood off ebay with a GD Tour AD DI shaft for 70.00. Goes the perfect distance for what I need and is super easy to hit. 

My buddy just picked up a new 7 wood on TE pre owned site for 149.00. 

They make some quality stuff at a great price point for sure. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aquapig said:

Should be all that matters...which leaves me more confused on your Tour Edge looking less refinded comments.

Sorry to be confusing. That isn't a reason they wouldn't make *my* bag. It may be a reason why some people overlook them in a retail setting. 

As we have agreed, everyone is different. Here are some examples of TE clubs I think look cheap and unrefined when compared to the major OEMs:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn5tz0lQs1WF5mJ0oFyQ3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzqt0mAhDBdLVYPsRKSQ_

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTxwDrk_zTNeUyGbe27As

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPx-6H_iPde8aJOVzXkNI

• Like 2

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

4 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Sorry to be confusing. That isn't a reason they wouldn't make *my* bag. It may be a reason why some people overlook them in a retail setting. 

As we have agreed, everyone is different. Here are some examples of TE clubs I think look cheap and unrefined when compared to the major OEMs:

No picture of the club at address, the only look that matters imho. Yet to see how a club looks in the bag have an effect on a golf shot… But as you say, to each his own.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

31 minutes ago, me05501 said:

We can do tha back and forth with any OEM and say what we believe looks terrible. 

TO ME, this looks more hideous than anything Tour Edge has put out in the last few years. 

fwoods-2021-epic-speed___1.png?sfrm=png&sw=500

Edited by aquapig

6 hours ago, hammergolf said:

No picture of the club at address, the only look that matters imho. Yet to see how a club looks in the bag have an effect on a golf shot… But as you say, to each his own.

Address view may be all that matters to someone who owns the club, but how they look in a retail rack is going to impact how they sell.

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS

1 minute ago, me05501 said:

Address view may be all that matters to someone who owns the club, but how they look in a retail rack is going to impact how they sell.

To some yes, however the overwhelming majority of golfers it doesn’t effect sales. Performance and marketing are the overwhelming determiners of sales. Ping Eye2 and every other model until the most recent model sold extremely well with less than attractive cosmetics. Callaway Big Bertha irons, x12, x14, x16, x18 etc…. All sold very well as well. So many of the best selling irons are bright colors, carbon, and contrasting finishes. For me personally, I could care less if it has neon flashing lights on the back cavity. If they look good to me at address and help me put lower numbers on the card that’s all that matters to me.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 9:32 AM, hammergolf said:

Tour Edge has last years C721 preowned fwy woods on sale for $102. Hard to beat that especially since their “preowned clubs” are usually practically new.

https://shop.touredge.com/products/certified-pre-owned-tour-edge-exotics-c721-fairway?variant=39351721689197

Holy smokes what a deal, about to grab an 18 and 15!

On 2/21/2023 at 12:14 PM, me05501 said:

I have a C721 10.5 and a C721 in 9* and I still play them occasionally but I've never noticed them being loud?   

4 hours ago, JosephNewton293 said:

I have a C721 10.5 and a C721 in 9* and I still play them occasionally but I've never noticed them being loud?   

Wow. They are crazy loud. I guess it depends on what you’re used to. 

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Collings OM1-ESS