TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

5 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

Have you seen the prices for them on ebay? They are selling just fine. 

TaylorMade doesn't make many overall and they sell all of them which keeps the resale high. 

Is that more just people buying and selling as part of a failed experiment though?

You are right they probably don't make many, but why make any at all?

Would they not be better off investing R&D in to a beefed up 3 wood?

Edited by jaffabell

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

TM Spider GT (black head), 33'', KBS One Step (Black), SS Zenergy Tour 1.0

TP5x

Niche club that either fits in your bag or it doesn't.  Nothing wrong with having options.

I have the OG in a back-up bag, and 300 as a second tee option.  The 300 is more forgiving, and I can see the BRNR going back to OG type of size.  The changeable weights are a welcome change to be able to change CG.  Interesting to see the size compared to the previous versions.

I am not going to run and buy one initially (likely $399 plus).  Though I will be following, and looking for one second hand eventually.  I like options.

• Like 1

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

I dont play a 3w so a mini driver lofted up to 14.5 is a great tee option for me. I agree with a post above saying TM's mini drivers have been very hot off the face plus low spin so sometimes the gap gets pretty small. If this spins closer to 3000 or so instead of low 2000's then it would be perfect

TM Qi10 9* ... KBS TD Serape 60x

TM Stealth 2+ 4w ... KBS TD Rainbow 70x

TM Stealth 2+ 6w*... KBS TD Rainbow 80x

Titleist 5h 23* C1 ... KBS Proto 105 S+

Mizuno Pro 243 5 - P ... KBS TGI 110

TM MG4 50 S, 56 LB, 60 TW... KBS $-Taper 130x

Greyson x Bettinardi SS3 and QB6

TaylorMade TP5x

Lot of business people here that must know better than TM. Lol. 

I might consider picking one up if it’s smaller than the last two. 

TM Qi10 (9*) | Speeder Evolution IV 661 X

TM M6 3w (15*) | HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.0

TM Stealth2+ 5w (18*) | HZRDUS Yellow 83 6.5

PXG Gen4 0311 X (20*) | HZRDUS Black 105 6.5 

PXG Gen4 0311 T (4) | DG X100

TM P730 (5-9) | DG X100 

TM MG3 (46.09, 54.13, 60.TW) | DG S300 

TM Spider X White | Testing: TM TP Soto CB

Ball: Taylormade TP5x 

48 minutes ago, Wayside said:

I broadly agree with you, but a club which shouldn’t sell still often does. It just fills a spot in the market where it’s something people want or are curious about. 

I’d say 90% of the guys I’ve played with or fitted who have had a driving iron/2 utility iron shouldn’t have had it, but they just get seduced by the idea of hitting stinger lay-ups into short par 4s, when in reality they carve it low into the rough, and they’d be better with a FW or hybrid. 

Yeah it's no dig at anyone who wants to try one of play one, and i'm sure the look and playability does appeal to a chunk of people but I honestly thought the mini driver days were over, with all the other options out there that could fill the same gap. I guess they already have a blueprint and probably didn't take much R&D cost to come up with this version. Its obviously a good thing for those who enjoy a mini driver but with how unforgiving they are compared to a normal driver, and how much less versatility they have compared to a strong 3 wood it seems like a strange choice.

Surely there would be more fanfare from the loyal TM fans if they randomly released a juiced up stealth 3 wood, again down a similiar route of the TSR2+? Instead of another mini driver.

It would also be interesting to see if anyone with any clout puts one in play on tour this season

• Like 2

**WITB**

TP5x

I still play the 300 Mini at 13.5.

Why?

Well I rarely hit 3 wood off the deck, but I still can hit it off the deck, but it is mostly a tee club for me.  I do not draw the driver with any consistency and since it is used off the tee 97% of the time, why not use the most forgiving option at 13.5?

• Like 3
  • Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

1 hour ago, jaffabell said:

Would they not be better off investing R&D in to a beefed up 3 wood?

The Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood is pretty "beefed" up in what it can do.  Putting the weight up front and lowering the loft makes it a cannon.  It wouldn't make much sense to me to just have a larger version of such a versatile 3 wood.  The mini driver fits a niche and as others have said, it either fits your needs or it doesn't which is why it's limited numbers.

I personally didn't think I'd use one myself but once I tried it, I found there are plenty of holes that I can use it on where I tried to hit 3 wood off the tee before.  The way my mini driver its set up, it sits right in the middle of distance between my driver and 3 wood.  If I know I'm playing my home course, I don't bring a 3 wood and just use the mini driver since I use it off the tee 4-5 holes.  I also have no issues hitting it off the ground if I have a shot into a par 5.  If I go to other courses where I wouldn't use it off the tee, I carry my 3 wood instead since I know it's a little easier to hit off the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

The Stealth 2 Plus 3 wood is pretty "beefed" up in what it can do.  Putting the weight up front and lowering the loft makes it a cannon.  It wouldn't make much sense to me to just have a larger version of such a versatile 3 wood.  The mini driver fits a niche and as others have said, it either fits your needs or it doesn't which is why it's limited numbers.

I personally didn't think I'd use one myself but once I tried it, I found there are plenty of holes that I can use it on where I tried to hit 3 wood off the tee before.  The way my mini driver its set up, it sits right in the middle of distance between my driver and 3 wood.  If I know I'm playing my home course, I don't bring a 3 wood and just use the mini driver since I use it off the tee 4-5 holes.  I also have no issues hitting it off the ground if I have a shot into a par 5.  If I go to other courses where I wouldn't use it off the tee, I carry my 3 wood instead since I know it's a little easier to hit off the ground.

Yeah I guess that was my overall point, in that they could have released a larger beefed up stealth 2 fairway instead of a separate mini driver. In that it could have appealed to a larger percentage of people, and possibly more folk may have been tempted by it seeing it on a shelf, instead of wantingt to take a gamble on a mini driver which may be a bit alien to them. But again its something TM want to stick with, even if it is a niche product now.

**WITB**

TP5x

2 minutes ago, jaffabell said:

Yeah I guess that was my overall point, in that they could have released a larger beefed up stealth 2 fairway instead of a separate mini driver. In that it could have appealed to a larger percentage of people, and possibly more folk may have been tempted by it seeing it on a shelf, instead of wantingt to take a gamble on a mini driver which may be a bit alien to them. But again its something TM want to stick with, even if it is a niche product now.

It's funny because I remember the SLDR mini driver looking huge when it came out but now it just looks like an oversized 3 wood that would be a game improvement design in a product line.  Having the 300cc head on a 43" shaft makes it look very easy to hit behind a teed up ball.  It's also interesting that I seem to hit my mini driver higher than my normal 3 wood off the ground even though it's loft is around 12.75*.  I play it like a driver off the deck shot and hit down on it and just let it peel cut a few yards to the right.  The slot in the bottom of the sole allows the head to feel super hot, even when the strikes are lower.

2 hours ago, jaffabell said:

I saw the post on Instagram and instantly thought - why are they still making these? I can't understand how they get the money back from the R&D, as I never hear of anyone buying these apart from curious WRX'ers!

I could understand the market for these several years ago, when drivers weren't quite there with forgiveness and 3 wood options weren't as vast but now we have so many forgiving drivers and loads of forgiving strong 3 wood options (TSR2+ springs to mind) that I can't see the need for this club.

TM could have gone down the beefed up 3 wood route like Titleist and I would have applauded, as the general public and die hards alike could probably see the need for that in their bag's but a 2nd driver just doesn't make sense anymore with what other options are out there.. it just feels like its neither here nor there.

They keep making them because they can sell them. The last few have sold out  so why not keep making them in limited quantities?

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5*

Taylormade Stealth 15*
Taylormade Stealth 22*

Sri on Z U85 26*
Adam’s A-Tour Red 5-P
Edel 54* DVR, 58* DVR

Ping PLD Milled DS-72

3 minutes ago, phelps22 said:

They keep making them because they can sell them. The last few have sold out  so why not keep making them in limited quantities?

There is obviously some profit to be made or they wouldn't keep making them, you are right. Again my points further down speculate if TM could make more money by producing and marketing an oversized 3 wood. We will never know of course! 

**WITB**

TP5x

They sort of already do. The TSR2+ is 190CC. The Stealth 2 three wood is 185CC. The Sim2 Max is 190cc. They've limited that to 15º. I'm sure they've done marketing studies and concluded the strong three woods don't sell that great to the small group of elite amateurs/pros, but these mini drivers sell to everyone who buys the "smaller head/shorter shaft increases accuracy" crowd. (Interestingly, Lou Stanger's Arccos data suggests for most amateurs that wisdom doesn't hold up)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In however long mini-drivers have been a thing whilst I have seen the odd one or two in the bags of pros I have never in my life seen one in the wild. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

14 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

In however long mini-drivers have been a thing whilst I have seen the odd one or two in the bags of pros I have never in my life seen one in the wild. 

Me either, must be an American thing as never seen one in the flesh over here

• Like 1

**WITB**

TP5x

12 minutes ago, joj said:

What the f**k did vowels ever do to the golf industry

It's a mini driver, they ran out of space 😀

• Haha 3

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

The 300 is firmly in my bag, it's my into-the-wind rocket launcher... it's stupid long

• Like 3

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil 95

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

They need to bring back the 16.5* one from the SLDR Mini days.  One of my Top 5 favorite clubs of all time.  I cracked the face and was sent the Aeroburner Mini in 14.5*.  Never played the same.

• Like 2

Titleist TSi2 9° - Mitsubishi Tensei White 60 X

Ping G400 14.5° - Matrix Black tie 7M3 SG

Ping G400 17.5° - Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold Tour 95 S

Titleist 818 H1 22° - Aldila NV 95 X

Callaway Rogue Pro 4-PW - True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300 (Black)

Vanilla Wedge 50°, 55°, & 60° - KBS 610 Wedge S

Scotty Cameron Golo s5 34"

Member of #teamjetspeed - December 2013

6 hours ago, capifico22 said:

I love that people get mad because of this club's existence 

Not just mad. Completely riled up. 

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

9 hours ago, RCGA said:

I played the mini driver in 2021 and 2022 so I feel like I can chime in. 

TM needs to figure out what this club is, because for me, it ended up just being a hot 3w and at that point you might as well just hit driver. 

I'm not opposed to a two-driver setup, but i'd prefer to drastically different launch characteristics. One for into the wind (mini driver playing at 7* of loft with a 3w shaft) and then setting up a downwind driver (your typical 45.5" 10.5" head).

I’m not speaking for myself here, but I think this is more for the guys who are much more comfortable hitting 3 wood as opposed to driver but want more distance than their 3 wood. I play with a guy a lot who hits his 3 wood on probably 60-70% driving holes. Hits his driver fine, but launches it super low even though I’ve told him to go get fit 100 times. He’s just way more comfortable standing over the 3 wood because of the smaller head. I’m going to gently encourage him to try out one of the mini-drivers this year because I think it replaces both clubs for him. Both are an off the tee club exclusively. So if he’d swap both out for a mini driver and a 5 wood he’d be more comfortable and have better gapping from 3 wood to 4 iron. Someone can chime in if I’m wrong here, but I think that’s the intention of this club.

• Like 3

I’ve tried it and it doesn’t do anything for my game but at my club there are some guys who don’t/won’t hit driver and this club is a good substitute for them instead of hitting 3W off the tee all the time. The confidence in the driver issue aside I’ve noticed mostly the 45+ year old gambler crew use this club mostly as in their thoughts they are way more consistent and safer teeing off with the mini driver than an actual driver. Haven’t lost to them yet! LOL

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max Driver
Callaway Paradym 3HL Fairway

Titleist TSR2 5 Fairway
Titleist U505 4
Titleist T200 5, T150 6, T100 7-GW
Mizuno T22 54D, 60X

Odyssey Jailbird Cruiser

• getair23 changed the title to TaylorMade BRNR Mini