Full Swing KIT Member Experience and Testing! Follow Along Here!

Reserved for Kit Testing feedback***

5/27/23 - first range session with FSK - using iPad for interface. 

Got to range and took less than 60 seconds to turn FSK on and connect. The kit has some weight to it so after setting my down range view I didn’t need to move it or worry it falling over with a gust of wind. All data was displayed perfectly after impact on the front facing OLED display showing my preferred view of Carry/Launch/Spin/smash. Customizing the display view was even easier for me using the iPad but preference going forward would be to utilize my iPhone just so I don’t have to bring the iPad with me to the range. Switching between clubs was easy as it just requires you push the current iron button then choose your next club choice and whether you want to switch targets or stay with current target (less than 30 second total from initial click to confirming choice and back to hitting next shot). So far very impressed with simple process for general use on range. 
65B5952B-4786-47C7-9024-081249F9D0B5.jpeg.ff2f131ef0d87487196745349965ad68.jpeg533EBA94-828D-4AE8-B1D5-AE58B62DDBE2.jpeg.add80c6c32dcbbb4eed1d60e48f2fc76.jpeg

5/27/23

second session 

Second session with FSK and just like the first one very little time spent setting up the unit but this time we did have two disconnects between iPad and unit but both were easily reconnected in a matter of seconds. 

44203352-3FD6-46F5-A1B2-8F64F94C70A7.jpeg.820b7112f60f0d838d11c202bff64256.jpeg

Using range balls again but also dropped a couple new ChromeSoft X balls to compare data with 7i and driver. While my 9 handicap was on display perfectly the full swing kit registered each shot and with the exception of 1 deleted bad shot, each shot’s data was displayed within a second of impact except for spin and carry which displayed about 1-2 seconds after impact down range occurred. Great experiences so far but to get feedback back from a long time user I was able to meet the teaching pro at the range I’m using for testing - PGA teacher / member Ryan Kolk. He and his team have 4 units amongst themselves and use them both personally and with their students during lessons. Ryan spent time dialing in his knowledge of the range balls vs proV1x (gamer) to better understand the FSK and he believes the consistency is there with the FSK and within trackman and GC/Foresight models. His preference is to use FSK while testing shafts and new product before using them in his personal playing bag which as a GolfWRX member is 100% appreciated. For his better students he believes the information like Face to Path and Club Path that FullSwing Kit offers is great to help them understand what their swing is doing and use that information to better themselves. 

Edited by double or triple?
  • Like 2

Don't have too much fun tonight and eat your Wheaties in the morning 😃, we're looking forward to some great data from this group.  Enjoy, sounds amazing!

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi 1k Black 65 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
TaylorMade Soto Long Neck

Pro V1

HUGE thank you to Full Swing, GolfWRX and the Grand! Perfect excuse for a vacation day, and I can't wait to meet everyone and test this bad boy out. I'll do everything I can to make this as useful as possible for other readers here - please let us know what questions you have!

• Like 4

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Thank you @GolfWRX_Official and Full Swing for this incredible opportunity! I'm excited to meet the team tomorrow and to learn more about the KIT. I am a golf nut and really enjoy understanding performance data. I can't wait to see how the KIT works and share the details with everyone. I'm also looking forward to meeting Shawn from The Grand Golf Club and the famous @knudson81.

Pictures and updates to come tomorrow! 😄 🔥

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

So I will post a bit about my swing in anticipation of tomorrows event 

40 y.o.

9.9 handicap 

SS with driver is 98 average 220-235 carry most rounds. 

Going in to this I’m looking to get baselines over next two weeks then focus on improving to see if I can either: bring scores down consistently or get yardages/gapping consistent to within 5 yds 7 out of 10 times. 

Initial Review of Full Swing KIT Launch Monitor

This is my initial review of the KIT after ~2 weeks of use. I plan to put it to the full test over time, but I’m going to bring you along the journey with me. Thank you again to @FullSwingSimulators for this amazing opportunity.

About Me: I am an 8 handicap and I play about 2x per month. I also try to make it to the range 1x per week and hit balls whenever possible in my backyard net. My driver swing speed is about 101 mph and my 7 iron is about 86 mph (I know…way below avg. for WRX! 🙈). In recent years, I have become fascinated by shot performance data, following a couple of fittings where I learned how much launch angle and spin were impacting my shots. I previously owned a Rapsodo MLM launch monitor, which I used extensively. While the KIT is definitely on another level vs. Rapsodo, I will highlight some comparisons in case it helps others with personal LMs. 

Top 3 Impressions

Here are my top 3 impressions from the initial use:

1. Boot Up & Go - Starting from our first day using the KIT on the course, I have found it very easy to get started with the KIT. Once you complete the setup process, you turn on the device (boots up in ~1 min), start a practice session in the app, select your club & target line, and swing away! I have found that smaller LMs require more tinkering to align to target or balance right. The KIT allows you to view the alignment from your phone using the built-in camera or you can use the on-device screen to set the target line. I did not think I would use the KIT on course, but I have already done so for two rounds and it did not affect pace of play.

2. Portability - I had never seen the KIT in person and mainly seen it on social media, being used by Tiger and others. I was surprised by how compact and portable it is. See the pictures below for scale, but it’s essentially the size of an iPad with a thick back. I have a TaylorMade crossover carry bag and the KIT does not fit in my bag with the case, but will fit without it.

3. Data Everywhere - The Full Swing team really thought through usability for the KIT. You can see up to four data points on the device’s OLED screen. You can see all 16 data points on your iPhone/iPad along with a video replay of the shot, you can view one primary metric from your Apple Watch, and you can enable audio playback for any of the 16 data points. For me, this was a dream as a full iOS user. One other feature I like is that you can star a particular shot to save it. You can also send shot data + the video recording to your coach if you want.

IMG_6520.jpg.31f1f87bd6a8a07ecbf67d6e5661b794.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg.6900551d182e5799173b1796678b92f8.jpg

IMG_6586.png.c8837a4d712e31350cb5df12e6ca0e10.png

Full Swing Team

It was incredible to meet Ryan and the product experts for the KIT device & iOS app. They are extremely knowledgeable and humble about the product. One point that stood out to me was that they said goal #1 was to have a LM that could accurately capture the data and flight of a 300+ yard shot. With Tiger Woods being an impetus for the KIT’s creation, I can see why that was their priority. I was also pleased to hear that, while the KIT is seemingly at accuracy parity to the gold standards of GCQuad & Trackman, they are continuing to improve. This is especially true when it comes to <30 yard pitch shots, which they acknowledged works indoors, but not yet outdoors.

Using The Kit

On The Course: As I said above, I was most impressed by how quickly I could bring the KIT with me on course to capture shots. I put the KIT and case in the cart basket and booted it up on whichever holes I wanted. Par 3s are fun to use it on and to see the measured distance vs. your actual. I can tell you one shot in particular that speaks to the accuracy. 3rd shot on a Par 5 and my rangefinder shot 121 yards from the pin. I hit a gap wedge, which the KIT said carried 119 and totaled 122 yards. Sure enough, I get up there and I have a 2-foot tap-in for birdie. 

IMG_6521.jpg.37987b82c4551e4c78aec73a93c81e48.jpg

IMG_6523.jpg.25ab047fe5126e36f0603f77475a2809.jpg

Into a Net: I use a Rukket net in the backyard and this is where I’m most excited to use the KIT, for both practice and virtual sim (via E6). I’m confirming some of the data with the Full Swing team, but here’s what I saw.

• With regular premium balls and that setting selected, distances were spot on to what I have seen on a range with full flight. The spin was a little lower (about 1-1.5K) than normal with my 7 iron.

• With a Titleist RCT ball (thanks Ryan for providing those!), carry was similar, but spin went to exactly what I had seen in a previous range session with 7 iron. Right in the 6.5-7K range on average. I was excited to see this because it shows me that I could use an RCT ball to test out equipment (i.e. compare shafts, new golf balls, etc.). This has been one of the reasons why I was looking for a launch monitor with reliable spin. 

• I set up E6 with the KIT, which was fairly easy. Connecting the KIT was the easy part, but I ran into some glitches with the E6 app (no fault of Full Swing). Once setup, I played a round at Bandon Dunes, using my iPad. Overall, I was pleased with using E6 and the KIT. Ideally, I’d like to play on a bigger screen, but I could see my shots and distances. Unsurprisingly, I found that when I felt a pull on my shot, the KIT recognized it and translated correctly to the gameplay. I’m confirming with the FS team, but I found the gameplay was better with the RCT balls because the distances seemed more accurate.

IMG_6537.jpeg.044015507edcda8941c7d5048d4fbb1e.jpeg

IMG_6541.jpg.9ff0cdee1abf2822e120825fc3b8ae91.jpg

IMG_0004.JPEG.9e9989655b25a534dffad0dd64ecb21c.JPEG

On The Range: I had a chance to hit the KIT on both a premium grass range with TaylorMade practice balls and on a, well, “less premium” range with average range balls. Here are my thoughts on both experiences:

• On the premium range: The KIT’s data was extremely accurate and the ball flight I saw matched the numbers, including face-to-path, launch angle, etc. I was really pleased to see numbers on partial shots too (50 yards), which is part of my game that needs improvement. One thing I loved about using the KIT on range is the ability to see numbers on my Apple Watch and hear audio feedback of specific data points (you select the ones you want). I put in my AirPods and fired away, listening to the audio and looking back at the KIT screen as well. I rarely looked at my phone, which to me is ideal because I don’t like being on my phoen during the 

• On the average range: For context, this was a public range in San Diego that does a lot of traffic. In a bucket of 75 balls, about half are in good condition and half are worn down where the dimples are minimal. The launch metrics and club metrics were all consistent in this setting. My carry and total distances were solid with the good balls, but off with the worn balls, which is not a surprise. In addition, I found spin to be decent with the good balls, but very inconsistent with the worn balls. Of course, I realize the KIT is reading the shot data likely correctly, but I bring this up to highlight that the ball matters. If I were trying to do a gapping session or equipment testing, I would try to go to a range with better balls or select the best ones from the bucket. YMMV.

IMG_6575.jpg.e4c0bd236a11510418e10e24180f109b.jpg

IMG_6576.jpg.fdfddf3b232c1c52dbc880ad9f46917e.jpg

IMG_6578.jpg.f92680fd3df0623a968dac88666c39c0.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg.809df759093e1fe06d4da5437f7e6012.jpg

iOS App: I think Full Swing focused on consumer-friendly design with the app, even though it’s a professional-level device. They made everything simple and intuitive. I prefer the dark style interface of the app and the FS team mentioned there is an update coming soon, where you can choose light or dark. I think the simplicity of the data points works well and I especially like that you can sort a session by any of these data points to see how each club performed:

Carry | Total | Ball Speed | Club Speed| Smash Factor | Apex | Launch Angle 

IMG_6581.jpg.17271b4ba797b98f06f6846a30b9c046.jpg

Sharing the KIT with friends: As you would expect, my playing partners and friends at the range were interested in trying the KIT. I want to share a few options I discovered for this:

• Best option: As the FS team recommended, you can create a Full Swing account for free, so the best option for regular use is for your friend to download the app and create their own profile. Then, they would start a new range session where they can select their clubs in the app. 

• Alternative #1: The app makes it very easy to add a club during a session, so you can add a club and label it differently (i.e. John’s 7 iron) to capture his numbers separately. This is a viable option in that it keeps your numbers separate. However, you have to remember to go back and delete that club from your back later.

• Alternative #2: When using the KIT on-course, I just set it up in “free” mode where there is no active session. You use the on-device buttons to select the club and then swing away. This will not save the shot in your app, but you can see the data on the KIT, which is probably good enough for you to show your friend that they don’t hit their driver 337 yards. 😂

Initial Overall Thoughts

Overall, I’m very impressed with the KIT and the usability on-course, on the range, and in my backyard net. I recognize that it is not cheap at $5K, but for someone who is going to use it regularly in each of these settings, I think you can easily get your money's worth. Having previously used the Rapsodo MLM, it was mainly reliable for distances, but not much else. While the cost was much less, I eventually gave up on it because it wasn’t helping me get better at golf. The KIT gives me club path data to help me work on in-to-out swing path (which I verified compared to my range divots) and data to optimize my performance, whether that be launch/spin on driver or carry yardages on partial shots. 

If someone asked me who I would recommend the KIT for, it would be the golfer that will leverage the versatility of the KIT (on-course, range, at-home), and also wants to improve their golf game using the accurate data it provides.

Initial Feedback & Recommendations

I’m still very early into my testing, but here is some feedback that I would share with you all & recommendations for the Full Swing team.

1. E6 + RCT Balls is essential: As a parent of 2 kids, I am always looking for an hour to play golf, but that’s not feasible. With the KIT and my net, I can now do that using E6. That said, in my limited testing, I found that you must use the RCT ball with E6 to play a realistic round of golf. Without the RCT, my 7 iron was going 20 yards long at times and I would fly over the green. With the RCT, this never happened and the yardages were +/- 5 yards of my typical shot.

2. Add audio in background: As I mentioned above, I really enjoyed listening to shot data on-course. One challenge I discovered is that you have to keep the FS app open for the audio to play. I would have to put my phone in my pocket with the screen on to make sure this happened. I would recommend to the FS team that they enable background audio playback, so that you can listen to shot data while the iPhone screen is asleep.

3. Create a lightweight case for carrying: As the pictures show, the KIT is quite small and portable. That said, it is also fairly heavy and I would not want to carry it across a cart path with one hand. I would love to see FS develop a carry handle (perhaps a neoprene case or something) that you can use to pick up the KIT one-handed. I have seen pros using a lanyard/strap to carry a Trackman device and I think something similar for the KIT would be great.

4. Add Table View or Data Export: While the KIT app is great for viewing specific session data, I would like to see an option for a table view (perhaps iPad/Desktop only) or the option to export data to an Excel sheet. I am not trying to run any major analysis on my shots, but I do think it would be helpful to see shot and club metrics side-by-side in a table format.

Please reply and let me know if you have any questions or additional testing requests for me.

Edited by zap311
Initial review (6/4/23)
  • Like 2

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

42 minutes ago, double or triple? said:

So I will post a bit about my swing in anticipation of tomorrows event 

40 y.o.

9.9 handicap 

SS with driver is 98 average 220-235 carry most rounds. 

Going in to this I’m looking to get baselines over next two weeks then focus on improving to see if I can either: bring scores down consistently or get yardages/gapping consistent to within 5 yds 7 out of 10 times. 

Really looking forward to seeing and hearing your thoughts on this!

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Sitting at the airport now, just polished off some Popeyes, and waiting to get on my way to Carlsbad! Excited to meet you guys in person and we should have a great time. I have been using the KIT for my podcast for a year or so now and like it a lot!

• Like 4

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

1 hour ago, knudson81 said:

Sitting at the airport now, just polished off some Popeyes, and waiting to get on my way to Carlsbad! Excited to meet you guys in person and we should have a great time. I have been using the KIT for my podcast for a year or so now and like it a lot!

This is a GR8 video put out by Knudsen GolfWRX, it's the more recent one... Tursky IS JUST FLAT OUT BOMBING IT 💣💣💣💣💣💣

WETTING THE APPETITE FOR 2MORO 🍹🥂

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

8 minutes ago, ALIF said:

I have one that I've been using for the last six months and I absolutely love it! It is very accurate compared to trackman.

I plan on using it outdoors because I like to see the ball fly in real time. But that also mean, because I am in Los Angeles, more higher temps in the blazing sun here?

That's one of the questions I'd like to learn is how KIT will handle highs and low temps. Obviously, temps also effects ball flights as well and I do know KIT has "normalization".

Be interesting to see the feedback from the FS Team

• Like 2

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

35 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

I plan on using it outdoors because I like to see the ball fly in real time. But that also mean, because I am in Los Angeles, more higher temps in the blazing sun here?

That's one of the questions I'd like to learn is how KIT will handle highs and low temps. Obviously, temps also effects ball flights as well and I do know KIT has "normalization".

I've had it in the sun for several hours without any issues. However you could always set it next to your golf bag and open your umbrella to shade it if you wanted to.

• Like 1

$$$$

55 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Also curious if settings can be adjusted for different balls.  Like range ball, gamer etc… 

• Like 2

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

6 hours ago, getair23 said:

Also curious if settings can be adjusted for different balls.  Like range ball, gamer etc… 

I thought I saw some ball choice in the app when you set up the session. Hmnmh. Premium was one of them if I recall correctly. Anyway, we can add this Q to see what they have for Normalization choices and perhaps what's coming up next also.

Here we go. Rise & shine, Sunshine. 3:30AM to drive down to San Diego from north LA

Only for you WRX guys 😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Here we go. Rise & shine, Sunshine. 3:30AM to drive down to San Diego from north LA

Only for you WRX guys 😁

We appreciate the sacrifice!  

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Here we go!!!20230523_092410.jpg.e86241dc1015f59d178e7547ae228b1d.jpg

• Like 2