MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi Vanquish Shafts! See What Members Are Saying!

2091707116_MCAMemberTestingREVIEWS.png.9e079483f8108be0424143915bc562a6.png

We have seven members testing out the Mitsubishi Vanquish Shafts! Vanquish uses Amorphous Wire Technology in an all-new application. Instead of using it in the tip section, amorphous wire is used in the butt section for the very first time. This amorphous wire’s elasticity increases the activity in the handle of the shaft to maximize ball speed and club head acceleration. The members below will be reporting back to the community about the things that they have noticed while testing this product. Please feel free to ask any questions that you might have, as the testers will be happy to answer them!

The testers are: 

@Glock917

@mlf

@vandyfan

@yoder9339

@Tarheelnation3

@jholz

@getair23

Learn more about Vanquish here.

A big thank you goes out to @MITSUBISHI CHEMICALfor putting on this member testing event!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome early observations, @Glock917! Eager to hear how Torrey went. Congratulations to everyone who was selected — really forward to reading more!

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

My shaft is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I should have it ready to go by the end of the week. It will go into a TSR2 and be compared against an ACCRA and BRAVA shaft. I am excited to try the Vanquish - lots of technology in a lightweight package. I’ve been working a lot on my driving this spring so this testing comes at a perfect time. 

I plan to test it out on the driving range.  Then some indoor numbers followed by on course experience. Many thanks to Mitsubishi Chemical for the opportunity to test their new product. 

I'm in the same boat as @yoder9339 ...mine should be arriving today. Many thanks to WRX for the opportunity. 

I'll be posting photos and musings in the coming days/weeks/months. Very excited to test this shaft!

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

Oops. Wrong thread.

Edited by jvincent

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

Congrats to those tested. The graphics on this thing are killer!

• Like 2

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I just returned from vacation and received the package on my doorstep. I felt like it was Christmas morning. I am having the tip installed this weekend and will give the club a full run through its paces next week and will post my review shortly. 

Thank you so much Mitsubishi and Golfwrx, you guys are amazing. 

• Like 2

Love the unboxing and swag pics!  Very cool!  Looking forward to all the reviews!

Callaway Rouge ST Max LS 10.5* Ventus Blue 6S
Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
Callaway Apex UW 19* AD DI 7S

Ping Icrossover 4 Kai'li White 80s
Ping S55 Nippon Modus 120x
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*
Byron Morgan DH89

Snell MTB-X or Titleist ProV1

Got in late last night (work trip) to find, one of the few golf boxes not questioned by my wife had arrived!  So excited to get the box open and get moving here.  I do have to say all the Mitsubishi: Diamana, MMT, Kuro Kage, Tensei and Aldila: NV, Rogue,Ascent, logos on the box got me fired up even before I opened it.  

The handwritten note from Preston T. is extremely appreciated.  

mca.jpg

mca2.jpg

• Like 2

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL or testing group, any recommendations or tipping instructions?

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

30 minutes ago, getair23 said:

@MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL or testing group, any recommendations or tipping instructions?

Assuming its for driver no tipping is necessary. However I left .5-.75" extra just in case I want to go that route. In the limited testing done so far I don't think I'm going to tip it but like I said its still early. The tip is surprisingly stable ymmv.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hi everyone -- 

So glad to see all the boxes arriving intact and I'm enjoying reading your early feedback. Our note is sincere: If you have any questions or thoughts as you test, please, please reach out.

As far as tipping, it's certainly dealer's choice. Our recommendations on our site are just that -- recommendations. I personally use VANQUISH straight-in, but you may very well have your own preference.

Thanks all. Let me know how I can help. Will chime in periodically but don't want to steal the thread. I'd rather hear from you all than me anyway!

-- Preston at Mitsubishi Golf

Thanks, Preston!

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

18 hours ago, vandyfan said:

Very excited to be testing and appreciative of both Mitsubishi Chemical and Golfwrx for creating this opportunity. I received my shaft and bonus items today and I will echo what @Glock917 said, the packaging is just awesome. I got me even more excited to test out the shaft and I always appreciate a personal letter and a high quality caddie towel AND a water bottle. Top class. 

I watched the TXG video on the Vanquish and it got me quite excited about the prospects of a lighter, higher torque driver that is designed to handle higher speeds. I am very interested to see what feel differences I pick up between this ultra premium offering and my current budget solution. A pickup in distance would be fine but I am finding more and more I am drawn to consistency of feel/release with the driver and I love a "lively shaft." Excited to write way too much about my experiences with it.

The shaft itself probably needs to get out in the sunlight to truly pop but it is pretty eye catching. I am wrestling with which logo side I want up because they both look quite good. 

Shaft Specs

So I put myself into the R flex 48 gram shaft and I have typically had success in the past with higher torque drivers. Never got along with all the low/low shafts out there that seem to be stock in most drivers nowadays. For the past 6 months I have been down the rabbit hole of the budget auto-flex/otto-phlex experiment and that is how I ended up in my current driver shaft, a 45 gram Senior flex shaft. I found it releases better and feels smoother and I get a little extra "pop" from the increased flex of the shaft. It is my expectation that the Vanquish will improve on this and given the torque profile, I stepped up to a regular flex. Though I must say, making the jump to a lightweight, whippier shaft has been extremely positive already so I don't think there will be too much adjustment to the lighter weight. I used the budget shaft as my "gateway drug" into the higher torque/lighter flex/lighter weight profile and now I see the Vanquish as a full commitment/addiction to the otto-phlex life. Very much looking forward to it!

Player Profile
I am a 5-7 HDCP with a driver swing speed of 105-108 mph. I typically gain (a small amount) of strokes from driving and it is the key to the enjoyment of the game for me. I play a slight draw with my driver and typically launch it fairly high. Avg carry is 255-265 yds and my miss is a block that I think is more operator error than equipment based. I will baseline with my current setup, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45 gram A flex and also use a lower torque, 60 gram stiff shaft that I have and test both of those against the Vanquish on Trackman and on the course. All shafts will use the same head, a Cobra Radspeed XB set to 10.5*. 

11D88934-4A2B-4FAD-B448-99FF6404AE4B.jpeg

0BA99C68-6B96-4AA6-9B9C-0418F09F5F6E.jpeg

your SS is over 100 with driver and you went R flex? Do you have E Els tempo?

41 minutes ago, double or triple? said:

your SS is over 100 with driver and you went R flex? Do you have E Els tempo?

Haha. No I do not. Short answer is I do better with a shaft I can "feel". Sequencing is better, timing is better, just feel like the shaft unloads so much harder into the ball. 

The longer answer is here are my numbers with a standard 70g, stiff HZRDUS shaft which feels like absolute crap to me and takes so much effort to swing:

image.png.4f7bf249a59e9a06398dc4500fdc0947.png

And this is me on the same day with a 45g "A" (senior) flex shaft (note the jump in club speed which is unreal):

image.png.64ae9b357d57b7c3dc07fd8b633dff62.png

So I am trying to replicate that with the vanquish. Basically a high torque shaft that is still "stable" and light to give me the extra club head speed that I don't feel like I even have to try for. Also, it was very surprising to me how much my spin dropped as well in a higher torque shaft and launch came down. All kind of counter to what I anticipated. 

• Like 2

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red

Pinhawk SLF 16* 3W - Acer Velocity

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW -- FST 125

Equalizer II 54* -- KBS Tour 120S

Ping Glide 4.0 58* - Nippon 115

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

3 hours ago, vandyfan said:

Haha. No I do not. Short answer is I do better with a shaft I can "feel". Sequencing is better, timing is better, just feel like the shaft unloads so much harder into the ball. 

The longer answer is here are my numbers with a standard 70g, stiff HZRDUS shaft which feels like absolute crap to me and takes so much effort to swing:

image.png.4f7bf249a59e9a06398dc4500fdc0947.png

And this is me on the same day with a 45g "A" (senior) flex shaft (note the jump in club speed which is unreal):

image.png.64ae9b357d57b7c3dc07fd8b633dff62.png

So I am trying to replicate that with the vanquish. Basically a high torque shaft that is still "stable" and light to give me the extra club head speed that I don't feel like I even have to try for. Also, it was very surprising to me how much my spin dropped as well in a higher torque shaft and launch came down. All kind of counter to what I anticipated. 

Damn! Love to see that. I was expecting a 2-3 mph increase clubhead speed max over gamer but seeing that I know the ceiling can be potentially higher which is awesome. 

def gonna get some data on a launch monitor tmrw. 

Hey Everybody, appreciate y'all's patience as I get this review thread put together, and of course huge thanks to WRX and Mitsubishi Chemical for the opportunity to put a new shaft into play.

Before getting to the Vanquish, just a bit of background...

The driver head I'm using for this test is my trusty Cleveland Launcher XL. I've been playing this clubhead consistently since receiving it. I love it. Great club. Read more about it here:

And some photos686375357_VanquishReview6.JPG.6addd4e09a9bd243db8adbcfecc938bf.JPG

Obligatory lead tape: 

2142193147_VanquishReview7.JPG.dba81053d2ce14fefd2ffcabef87f769.JPG

194340053_VanquishReview8.JPG.d87771a770398449065f287db6c0d6c9.JPG

781998541_VanquishReview9.JPG.1043f183763904a399a4562b374237af.JPG

Also, as far as shaft testing is concerned, I don't have access to a launch monitor or fancy tech. But, I have been building and testing shafts on course and at the range lately. You may have seen this thread in the WRX Club Techs subforum:

So I learned how to install shaft adapters and have built two previous test shafts:

748239703_VanquishReview11.JPG.bbc7b478a126104104c58b8fad9d8550.JPG

UST Proforce V2 F3

1138402694_VanquishReview10.JPG.69dd0d1934b4ccba61bf44811e5352ff.JPG

NV 2KVX 65 X

In addition to learning some new skills in this project, my other goal was to find a higher performing shaft, specifically one that might tighten up my play off the tee. I've always hit drivers well - but they have a tendency to end up a foot or two in the rough too often. I'd love to tighten up the bend (predominantly left to right) that I always seem to put on the ball. So, I wanted something that would go straighter without sacrificing distance...like everyone else. 

Additionally, I'm not getting any younger. I figure I must be losing some power. I experimented with R flex Modus 3 105s in my irons and have enjoyed the results.

But, like most, I've played "Stiff" most of my life - except for X100s for a short period in some irons and some X flex shafts in hybrids and FWs. All of my X flex experiences are positive - but I always worry about fatigue and distance loss. I've never had a formal shaft fitting other than suggestions from the reps at demo days.

So, I figured I could invest a few dollars in figuring out some stuff for myself. 

But I can't say that getting Cleveland shaft adapters was easy. I was only able to get my hands on one. You can read about that saga here:

The other shaft adapters I've used were older Srixon ZX adapters I purchased from Golfworks, and they seem to work fine. 

Here's the other tools I've been using:

101932345_VanquishReview4.JPG.80d6e4cd3caafc9dcb6c5c7229df1e39.JPG

Here's my kitchen work area:

1166612858_VanquishReview5.JPG.1e46bd9708097e9820d325933d23ac00.JPG

So on to the Vanquish...

Given my recent shaft experience, when the Vanquish testing opportunity came up, I was excited. Something light and stiff seems like it might just be the ticket - and I could put it together at home!

My Vanquish arrived on Tuesday this past week and with work and kids it honestly took a couple of days to open the box, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the extras, of course. I actually lost my long serving Destin, FL Holiday Inn towel last summer - so the Vanquish towel will get some use. Hard to beat a quality water bottle. Score!

581025887_VanquishReview1.JPG.36dc6820681cf83d2a64bde37aab2917.JPG

Of course, the shaft looks super premium and cool. Subdued graphics, but good looking. I chose the 5X profile at 59g. 

671234304_VanquishReview2.JPG.77896680bb1856ab1c327bbc5e1a5cf6.JPG

And, of course, some assurance of the renowned MCA quality...

743300388_VanquishReview3.JPG.a54dca4400cbf6348bb46b282ed46406.JPG

Finally, I was able to get things put together this morning.

Tip prep:

1092978270_VanquishReview13.JPG.31bc9416cd813184844f1c376e23ea00.JPG

Installed!

1671481211_VanquishReview14.JPG.7b9aabb57ac841ed489ae04e7c36478c.JPG

I'm going to let this sucker sit over the course of Friday and get some range time in over the weekend. 

More to come! I really appreciate the opportunity.

Feel free to ask questions. I'm happy to answer! 

Edited by jholz
  • Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

I am installing the adapter today and decided to go straight in as MCA suggested above and I am butt cutting to a playing length of 45.5". This will match the length of my current shaft and be good for comparisons sake. I also have another cobra head (SZ) that I am hoping I can get to match the same headweight as my other Cobra Radspeed head so I am do side by side "feel" tests. I won't hit balls with the old head because it has a crack in it ☹️

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 6/7/2023 at 10:41 AM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

Hi everyone -- 

So glad to see all the boxes arriving intact and I'm enjoying reading your early feedback. Our note is sincere: If you have any questions or thoughts as you test, please, please reach out.

As far as tipping, it's certainly dealer's choice. Our recommendations on our site are just that -- recommendations. I personally use VANQUISH straight-in, but you may very well have your own preference.

Thanks all. Let me know how I can help. Will chime in periodically but don't want to steal the thread. I'd rather hear from you all than me anyway!

-- Preston at Mitsubishi Golf

Hey Preston,

I was wondering if you have an EI profile chart for the vanquish?

I know you guys went away from EI charts to more of a simplistic table chart view of the stiffness rating for each section but seeing if that data is within grasp to display. 

Oh if so can it overlayed with any of your other models that would be great 😅 I subscribe to site that reviews shafts and just like looking at EI charts to feed my data addiction to shaft specs. 🤷‍♂️  

• Like 1

Anxiously waiting for the call to pick up my shaft after adapter and grip install.  I have a few other shafts that I'll throw at the Vanquish as well. 

On looks alone I really like the Vanquish. Top half, to the bottom of the logo, has a glossy look and feel with the bottom half being more of a matte look and feel (nothing visually like the Kuro Kage Silver or Fubuki). 

I made the switch during a fitting 3 years ago from 70g driver shafts to 60 and haven't looked back since.   The Vanquish uncut is coming in 9 grams lighter than the 1k Black currently in my driver.  Can't wait to see if I can make another improvement going lighter again.  

image.png.9ea36befedf36de369f1dd9af2f700bb.png

image.png.ae47818936457939447182df4fb7ba53.png

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1

Today should be the first day getting the Vanquish out on the course (and just overall first time playing it since I just put the adapter in). I think I am just going to dive in and not even bring the other shaft so it is a true "burn the boats" situation. 

• Like 1

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

IMG_2066.jpeg.054377260f8c3eb766e2113be0a967e2.jpeg

Vanquish shaft ready to go!  I ran out to the range at my club to try it out.  I got a little sidetracked hitting some irons I had recently adjusted the lie angles.  I decided to just compare the BGT Brava and the Vanquish.  I am 55 years old and have a driver speed of around 90 mph (give or take 5 mph).  Good drives are medium to high draws and misses are big pushes and the dreaded snapper.  I have always been a 60ish gram stiff guy in the driver.  This testing opportunity came at a great time as I have decided to go down the rabbit hole of lighter shafts to steal some yardage back. I don't really like the idea of a longer driver as I am inconsistent enough with a 45 inch driver.

Some details:

Head:  Titleist TSR2 -weight 199 grams with 11 gram backweight - 10 degree- I play it at C4 setting

ACCRA shaft - fitted and purchased with driver - TZ5 60 M4 - tipped 1 inch and playing length 45 inches - weight 138 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight in driver D2

BGT BRAVA shaft - 50G R - no tipping - playing length 45.25 inches - weight 132 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight in driver D2. (gamer currently)

VANQUISH shaft - 4 SR - no tipping - playing length 45 inches - weight 124 grams with grip and Titleist adaptor - swing weight  in driver C9

I would like to thank Mitsubishi Chemical for the opportunity to try this shaft.  Like all of us I have had dozens of MCA shafts (stock and aftermarket) in drivers/fairways/hybrids.

First impression: the paint is fire!  The shaft is glossy black half way and then blends into mat finish.  Looks great with the Titleist head.  It passed the waggle test but felt light.  This was before I weighed it.  The grip also felt a bit small as I believe the butt is 0.590.  Nothing an extra layer of tape won't fix.  

First 3 swings were big hooks.  Then I absolutely mashed a couple that flew 230 (into a right to left headwind) with restricted flight range balls.  The tip on this shaft is a little more active feeling  than the BRAVA.  The VANQUISH also seemed to raise the contact point on the face.  Knuckleballs!

I also hit a few for comparison with the BRAVA - definitely less draw - more pushes.

I have a 15 gram backweight ordered.  I want to see what the Vanquish does with a slightly higher swing weight.

The VANQUISH is definitely making the travel team to The Pete Dye Course at French Lick this weekend.  I have a practice round and a scramble tournament.  Hopefully I can sneak a couple past the young bucks!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, vandyfan said:

OVERREACTION ALERT: This shaft is off to a VERY good start. It definitely seems like an improvement over my current shaft. Got the tip setup and was running late so it was just straight to the first tee. No range, no warmup. First tee shot, 280 down the middle. Next tee shot, 280 down the middle. Next tee shot 296 in the left rough. Just cannon shots on repeat. Not bragging but it feels OPTIMAL in terms of launch and total distance. At my speed, 295 yds feels like my max here at sea level and on a flat hole. I was pretty much hanging out there all day. 

Feel: Feels a little “whippier” than my senior flex shaft (I am in a regular vanquish) but it still feels stable and easy to manage. Didn’t spray it and it feels like it just explodes into the ball. Can’t wait to get on trackman but right now I just want to play. Hit bombs. All that. 

6413B215-D434-40C9-BD60-A276AD1C3EE9.jpeg

2292141A-35E0-4566-A445-CD7C6CDDE588.jpeg

Nice work there!  

• Like 1

Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway PM Grind 64*

Pro V1