New Graphite Design VF shafts - 2023 3M Open

1 hour ago, WSUWarriorPGAPro said:

Absolutely not!  LOL!!  I don't have time to scroll through 9+ pages...  🙃

I'll sum it up real quick for you.  VF is the XC on roids, IMO.  Launch and spin are similar with smoother feel.  It was also a little more stable/anti-left as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

7 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

That's surprising.  He usually plays 60 gram shafts, although that explains why his ball speed jumped from the ZF. 

JT dipped in speed the last year.  Something like 3-4mph, so maybe he needed to spark it up by going lighter.  Pretty sure he had a nagging injury that he never really revealed to the public.  My big takeaway from JT is going from trusty Diamana for years over to Graphite Design.  He played a heavily tipped BF for years to ZF, GT to now GD-VF. 

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue +

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

24 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

24 Apex Pro 4 Iron

24 Callaway JDM X -Forged 5-PW  Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S ,54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

There hasn’t been this much excitement in a shaft since the OG Velocore Blue and the Aldila 125 MSI 

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 MCA MMT 80X @ 45.5”

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Mini 340 Shaft TBD @ 43.75”

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom 5S 34” (Yes the Rife Phenom.Z 34” of 10+ years may be retired) 

8 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

JT dipped in speed the last year.  Something like 3-4mph, so maybe he needed to spark it up by going lighter.  Pretty sure he had a nagging injury that he never really revealed to the public.  My big takeaway from JT is going from trusty Diamana for years over to Graphite Design.  He played a heavily tipped BF for years to ZF, GT to now GD-VF. 

I remember that when he started to hit his stride he was playing the BF many years ago.  His ball speed was in the high 170's.  A few years back it dropped to the mid 170's when he had the ZF in the bag.  2 years ago, I remember him touching 180 consistently when he had the Ventus Red very briefly at Kapalua.  Not sure why he's reverted back to the ZF when there are other shafts that give him faster ball speed with similar dispersion.  Maybe it's a comfort thing for him.   

• Like 3

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

21 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I remember that when he started to hit his stride he was playing the BF many years ago.  His ball speed was in the high 170's.  A few years back it dropped to the mid 170's when he had the ZF in the bag.  2 years ago, I remember him touching 180 consistently when he had the Ventus Red very briefly at Kapalua.  Not sure why he's reverted back to the ZF when there are other shafts that give him faster ball speed with similar dispersion.  Maybe it's a comfort thing for him.   

So torn on what to do here.  Played and loved og black in driver/3w then switched in to TR blue which I also liked.  Higher launch with a touch more feel.  If I had to complain it would be TR blue can be hook prone compared to black and can feel whippy at times.  Im 120 plus with an aggressive transition.  Decision now is to go TR black or VF. 

my TR blue recently snapped during a light waggle pre shot routine and I don’t love the treatment from Fuji right now

• Sad 3

TM 2024 BRNR Mini 11.5 Kai'li

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degree, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degree 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degree

T100 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Vokey SM10 50(f), 55(s), 60(m)

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft

Just now, JLP_GOLF said:

So torn on what to do here.  Played and loved og black in driver/3w then switched in to TR blue which I also liked.  Higher launch with a touch more feel.  If I had to complain it would be TR blue can be hook prone compared to black and can feel whippy at times.  Im 120 plus with an aggressive transition.  Decision now is to go TR black or VF. 

my TR blue recently snapped during a light waggle pre shot routine and I don’t love the treatment from Fuji right now

I feel the same way about the TR Blue.  Really good shaft which gave me the optimal launch and spin, but prone to the lefts big time for me.  Love the TR Black in that it gives me the same performance/numbers as the OG Black but feels so much better/smoother.  VF is on another level when it comes to feel, however, it's not quite as stable as the TR Black, but more stable than the TR Blue, lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

I feel the same way about the TR Blue.  Really good shaft which gave me the optimal launch and spin, but prone to the lefts big time for me.  Love the TR Black in that it gives me the same performance/numbers as the OG Black but feels so much better/smoother.  VF is on another level when it comes to feel, however, it's not quite as stable as the TR Black, but more stable than the TR Blue, lol. 

By that characterization and everything I’ve read here, VF should be a winner for me.  I just don’t know if I’m emotionally ready to cut ties with ventus.  It’s been so good to me and I’m actually bought in to something about their make up being better than most everything else I’ve tried.  Guess we all need to move on at some point, or do we? Lol

To make things even more difficult.  I have a fresh set of 125x axioms ready to go in any day now!

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I hate seeing you post but in a good way….haha I don’t want to try anymore shafts since I’m currently happy with my Kai’li white but all of these posts about the VF have me wanting to try.

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2023 at 6:49 PM, phizzy30 said:

I'll sum it up real quick for you.  VF is the XC on roids, IMO.  Launch and spin are similar with smoother feel.  It was also a little more stable/anti-left as well. 

Awesome!!  THAT is something I was looking for!  I will definitely have to try this shaft!  I liked the XC.  If what you say is correct, I will LOVE the VF!  

10 minutes ago, WSUWarriorPGAPro said:

Awesome!!  THAT is something I was looking for!  I will definitely have to try this shaft!  I liked the XC.  If what you say is correct, I will LOVE the VF!  

I know you don’t want to read through this whole thread but @phizzy30 has shared a lot of genuinely useful comments that directly address your questions. It won’t be a fishing expedition — just go back a couple pages and dig in. It’s good stuff. I haven’t hit the VF yet so I don’t have anything to add, but I’ve been silently reading and enjoying the details.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

image.jpeg.b0dbded58ca8212ec26c43d52d9205ea.jpeg

image.jpeg.0b74e85b7b7fb3ae11d298b41974be2d.jpeg

Edited by BirdieBob
  • Like 2

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS...TOUR 8*, Vanquish 4TX // Tour 9*, Diamana WB 53X // 0311 9*, Ventus Blue+ 5X

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, KBS Tour Proto HY 95/105 S+

PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Just ordered mine in 5X! Gonna tip my ventus TR black 6S and put it into my 3 wood. 

How much are you folks tipping the AD VF? 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*,  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5X

TaylorMade Stealth 2 15*, Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19*, Fujkura Ventus Blue HB 8X

Srixon ZX4 4, Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX5 5-PW, Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50M/55F/60L, MMT 125TX Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12.5

Titleist Pro V1X

On 11/23/2023 at 12:51 PM, phizzy30 said:

I totally agree with this. As a big JT fan I also saw a drop off when he went to the ZF. He used to bomb it with the BF and wasn't any more crooked in my eyes.

I always come back to the BF as for me it feels great and is a bomber - I struggled to get much out of the ZF in comparison.

I reckon JT might stick with the VF for a while as he was all over the shop at the Vegas F1 thing using his ZF (when he had the VF in play a couple of days prior in SA).

It makes you wonder if the TR red would be ideal for JT, something a bit stiffer in the handle like he is used to... the VF is a move away from his usual profile but he seemed to be hitting it really well, so who knows!

• Like 1

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

Toulon San Diego (2022), 32'', Golf Pride Pro Only Cord Green Star

TP5x

On 11/25/2023 at 8:59 PM, rondoroyal said:

Just ordered mine in 5X! Gonna tip my ventus TR black 6S and put it into my 3 wood. 

How much are you folks tipping the AD VF? 

Mine's tipped 0.5 inches.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mhales10 said:

Currently have a Ventus TR Black (5-S) and was able to take a few swings with the VR. 

Overall numbers were very similar but the VR didnt seem as stout as the TR Black. 

Next Friday I will spend more time with the VR on trackman and get back to everyone.

Playing a TSR2.

TR Black is more stout and linear compared to the VR.  Expect to see a touch higher launch and possibly more spin. 

Edited by phizzy30

4 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

TR Black is more stout and linear compared to the VR as I have both shafts.  Expect to see a touch higher launch and possibly more spin. 

So the numbers are bit more like TR Blue but harder to turn over?

Titleist Pro V1X

Just now, rondoroyal said:

So the numbers are bit more like TR Blue but harder to turn over?

Numbers are similar with the VF maybe being a hair lower launch.  VF is definitely more stable than the TR Blue for me. 

4 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Numbers are similar with the VF maybe being a hair lower launch.  VF is definitely more stable than the TR Blue for me. 

Sounds like the dream shaft for a lot of folks. Feel of a graphite design shaft, stable as a ventus black.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

3 hours ago, rondoroyal said:

Sounds like the dream shaft for a lot of folks. Feel of a graphite design shaft, stable as a ventus black.

Not quite as stable as the OG or TR Black but more so than the TR Blue or any of the other modern GD shafts for me. 

43 minutes ago, corky said:

Well that should create a spike in sales……

I ended up selling mine.  Really wanted it to work but it's in more capable hands now, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, BubbaBallesteros said:

I've been zooming in on photos from Getty for the last 30 mins. I think it's a 6X from what I'm seeing. 

I'm shocked.  He still gets 170 to 178 ball speed on course which would put him in a TX.  Maybe it's a feel thing for him. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1