New Graphite Design VF shafts - 2023 3M Open

GolfWRX_Spotted

37 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Where's your area? 

I believe from past posts we're near. I'm in OC, but have played tournaments at Temecula golf course. But, also played at local courses at Coyote hills, hacienda, and LA municipal courses. Would be cool to get some practice or play in with you once i feel confident enough and have the time (currently school and work.) :classic_rolleyes:

Qi10 ls 7.5*: Tour AD VF 6 TX

Tsr3 14.25*: Diamana DF 70 TX

Callaway Apex UT 20*: MMT 105 TX 

Titleist 620 mb: DG x100 tour issue

Titleist Sm10 52*: DG s400 tour issue

Taylormade MG4 TW RAW 56*/60*: DG s400 tour issue

2020 Scotty cameron S.S. Newport 2

6 minutes ago, gbang15 said:

I believe from past posts we're near. I'm in OC, but have played tournaments at Temecula golf course. But, also played at local courses at Coyote hills, hacienda, and LA municipal courses. Would be cool to get some practice or play in with you once i feel confident enough and have the time (currently school and work.) :classic_rolleyes:

I'm in West Co so we're within the same vicinity, lol.  Love meeting up with members here and getting in a round.  I'm a fitness junkie, first and foremost so lmk if you need help in that area. 

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM Qi10 Tour 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

6 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm in West Co so we're within the same vicinity, lol.  Love meeting up with members here and getting in a round.  I'm a fitness junkie, first and foremost so lmk if you need help in that area. 

Once the VF comes in I'll send you a Pm to know when you have time. Same as well, lately i've been slacking to focus on mental health, but the year before this I've been super into fitness. Seems like a staple for speed, mobility, and longevity nowadays. 

19 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

115 is enough speed for X.  S plays pretty soft for the VF and you may not find it stable enough.  I'd say X tipped maybe an inch for you.

Thanks. 

Hard to decide, watched the TXG and Ian, Im right around that speed on the GC Quad and he went for the X I think, S just has so much more distance in it. 

How is 6S compare to 5X? They said 5X felt softer than 6X so maybe its a middle ground? Want to have that extra speed moving into a shaft like that. 

On 5/11/2024 at 5:28 PM, JohnnyHangs said:

Just noticed - it probably doesn't help launch that you're playing at a putters loft! lol 

Been tinkering with the TX this past week or so. I usually have an aggressive transition from the top, and the softer UB handle allows me to get away with that. Now I've been using my body to swing more like I do with my irons, and the TX just hits these flat bullets. Lofted up to 8 from 7 to close the face a bit and it's money. 

A bit of an aside, but I play a red dot on my PD TD. That flattens lie angle by .75 degrees. Any one know how much lie angle increases when you loft up, as well as put the cog into the D setting.

•  💎💎💎 8* Paradym playing at 7*, ADUB 7X, tipped 1," VF7TX tipped .5"
  • Qi Tour 5W at 16.5, HZRDUS 80g 6.5, playing 43.25"
  • T200 2i Utility, HZRDUS 105x tipped .5"
  • 770 4I, P7MC 5-PW,  PX LS 6.5 
  • SM9 50.08F, SM8 55.11S, SM9 60.06 T
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

On 5/14/2024 at 2:17 AM, Brokensticks said:

Thanks. 

Hard to decide, watched the TXG and Ian, Im right around that speed on the GC Quad and he went for the X I think, S just has so much more distance in it. 

How is 6S compare to 5X? They said 5X felt softer than 6X so maybe its a middle ground? Want to have that extra speed moving into a shaft like that. 

Haven't tested the 5X. 

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 5/14/2024 at 3:17 AM, Brokensticks said:

Thanks. 

S will be way to weak for you 100%. I am around your speed and I hooked the S like crazy. The x would be perfect for you tip to feel.

• Like 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

12 hours ago, 70sinsight said:

Any one know how much lie angle increases when you loft up, as well as put the cog into the D setting.

It should still have a total of 3* of total change from end to end like all callaway adapters do.

Being -.75* at its neutral setting, the most upright or draw position should be +3* from there. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 70sinsight said:

Been tinkering with the TX this past week or so. I usually have an aggressive transition from the top, and the softer UB handle allows me to get away with that. Now I've been using my body to swing more like I do with my irons, and the TX just hits these flat bullets. Lofted up to 8 from 7 to close the face a bit and it's money. 

A bit of an aside, but I play a red dot on my PD TD. That flattens lie angle by .75 degrees. Any one know how much lie angle increases when you loft up, as well as put the cog into the D setting.

Yes I've noticed that the VF loads way better with a good tempo coming from the top, especially in TX. I see a very different flight when I turn properly

I have a 6X tipped just over an inch coming in just to see how it performs.

Edited by JohnnyHangs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Glock917 said:

It should still have a total of 3* of total change from end to end like all callaway adapters do.

Being -.75* at its neutral setting, the most upright or draw position should be +3* from there. 

Perfect. Thanks!

• , Odyssey Ten Ball 

On 5/14/2024 at 5:17 AM, Brokensticks said:

Thanks. 

I saw that video also. Didn't they saw at the beginning the "S" was 1/2" longer?  That's where the speed came from I'll bet.  Not the flex. 

If they were the same length disregard.. 😁

Posted (edited)

this shaft just arrived and taking a few test swings with it. i can feel the kick under the handle where the rest of the shaft accelrates through hard but met with a very stiff tip. cool shaft by GD. it feels amazing and a lot better than my ventus. 

almost a whip crack like sensation met with an explosive feeling because of the very stiff tip section. feels like a viper snake. nice aggressive shaft that's not so anti left for being so stable. 

Edited by gbang15
  • Like 2

Anyone tried these for fairway woods? I love this shaft so much for my driver, I'm thinking of buying them for my 3W and a new 7W. Any comparisons to the Ventus TR Blue?

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*,  Graphite Design Tour AD VF 5X

TaylorMade Stealth 2 15*, Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6S

Ping G425 Hybrid 19*, Fujkura Ventus Blue HB 8X

Srixon ZX4 4, Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Srixon ZX5 5-PW, Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cleveland RTX6 ZipCore 50M/55F/60L, MMT 125TX Spinner

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12.5

Titleist Pro V1

1 hour ago, rondoroyal said:

Anyone tried these for fairway woods?

Testing AD VF 7TX and Ventus TR Red 7X in a Qi10 Tour 4W to displace my current Stealth 2 Plus 4W Ventus TR Black 7X. The VF feels like the ‘tweener to me. Love the Black off the tee, love the Red from Fairway/Rough. Likely to be a VF convert from TR Black in both driver/4W. Hybrid/DI shaft when? Hah!

Current -> Coming

Stealth 2 Plus 10.5@9, 45” Ventus TR Black 6X -> Stealth 2 Plus 10.5, 44.5” AD VF 5X

Stealth 2 Plus 15@14, 43.5” Ventus TR Black 7X -> Stealth 2 Plus 16.5, 42.5” AD VF 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 18@17, 43” Ventus TR Black 7X -> P-DHY 3i, Axiom 105X

P790 3i [email protected], Axiom 105X -> ZX5 MkII 4i/ C05TP 4i, Axiom 125X

P770 4i-PW, Axiom 105X -> ZX7 MkII 5i-PW / C03TC 5i-7i + C01TB 8i-P, Axiom 125X

PXG Sugar Daddy II 52/58 -> 52@50/52@54/58

SIK DW C Series All Black -> It got re-gripped / DF3

2023 Z Star Diamond -> ProV1x LD

1 hour ago, ClayNotTon said:

Testing AD VF 7TX and Ventus TR Red 7X in a Qi10 Tour 4W to displace my current Stealth 2 Plus 4W Ventus TR Black 7X. The VF feels like the ‘tweener to me. Love the Black off the tee, love the Red from Fairway/Rough. Likely to be a VF convert from TR Black in both driver/4W. Hybrid/DI shaft when? Hah!

How do you like the TR Red compared to TR Black in the fairway wood? I think the TR Black is great off the tee but I could use more launch off the deck which the softer tip of the red could give. 

Titleist Pro V1

5 hours ago, rondoroyal said:

How do you like the TR Red compared to TR Black in the fairway wood?

The VF and TR Red are my first real departures from TR Black -> Black -> HZRDUS Black -> Atmos Black. With those shafts you know what you are getting IMO. Similar to above where I called the VF the ‘tweener, my 4W is trying to straddle the line of 3/5 and I’m trying to do better with: stock = dead between old 3W/5W, high fade = 5W, low trap = 3W. 

I first tried TR Red in mini driver to help off the deck. It helped but ultimately bailed on the mini as I didn’t want to replace driver with it and ended up switching 3W/5W for 4W instead of mini/5W I was considering. I feel both VF and Red I have a better ability to hit that fade when I need to take a bit off or hold a green compared to the Black in the 4W. I would probably lean more towards the Red actually if I felt comfortable playing it at 7TX or 8X but those end up being a bit much for me at the end of the round admittedly.

In flex I’ve found VF TX to play closer to Ventus X for me. I find Ventus TX to be a big jump, similar to HZRDUS TX which can be almost completely different from their X (6.5) counterparts. 

• Thanks 1

Current -> Coming

Stealth 2 Plus 10.5@9, 45” Ventus TR Black 6X -> Stealth 2 Plus 10.5, 44.5” AD VF 5X

Stealth 2 Plus 15@14, 43.5” Ventus TR Black 7X -> Stealth 2 Plus 16.5, 42.5” AD VF 7X

13 hours ago, rondoroyal said:

Anyone tried these for fairway woods? I love this shaft so much for my driver, I'm thinking of buying them for my 3W and a new 7W. Any comparisons to the Ventus TR Blue?

I love my VF in driver as well but GD only makes the 8TX for the tour guys so it's next to impossible for me to get one, let along test one.  TR Blue on paper is similar to the VF in terms of EI profile but that's where the similarities end.  TR Blue launches 1-2* higher, spins just a touch more and is more prone to the lefts for me.  It also has that kick in the mid wheras the VF has that slight kick/load under the handle.  VF is also smoother. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, rondoroyal said:

How do you like the TR Red compared to TR Black in the fairway wood? I think the TR Black is great off the tee but I could use more launch off the deck which the softer tip of the red could give. 

TR Black is awesome in driver(had one) and gross in fairways, lol.  Comes off really low and doesn't spin enough.  I prefer a mid launch/low spin shaft in 3 metal though.  TR Red is a better option.  Feels better with that kick in the mid, launches a touch higher and spins more. 

Edited by phizzy30

8 hours ago, ClayNotTon said:

The VF and TR Red are my first real departures from TR Black -> Black -> HZRDUS Black -> Atmos Black. With those shafts you know what you are getting IMO. Similar to above where I called the VF the ‘tweener, my 4W is trying to straddle the line of 3/5 and I’m trying to do better with: stock = dead between old 3W/5W, high fade = 5W, low trap = 3W. 

I first tried TR Red in mini driver to help off the deck. It helped but ultimately bailed on the mini as I didn’t want to replace driver with it and ended up switching 3W/5W for 4W instead of mini/5W I was considering. I feel both VF and Red I have a better ability to hit that fade when I need to take a bit off or hold a green compared to the Black in the 4W. I would probably lean more towards the Red actually if I felt comfortable playing it at 7TX or 8X but those end up being a bit much for me at the end of the round admittedly.

In flex I’ve found VF TX to play closer to Ventus X for me. I find Ventus TX to be a big jump, similar to HZRDUS TX which can be almost completely different from their X (6.5) counterparts. 

Thanks, I should really test a TR Red! I have a bit of trouble hitting fades when I get tired on the last few holes. 

Titleist Pro V1

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

I love my VF in driver as well but GD only makes the 8TX for the tour guys so it's next to impossible for me to get one, let along test one.  TR Blue on paper is similar to the VF in terms of EI profile but that's where the similarities end.  TR Blue launches 1-2* higher, spins just a touch more and is more prone to the lefts for me.  It also has that kick in the mid wheras the VF has that slight kick/load under the handle.  VF is also smoother. 

I was really surprised with the smoothness of the VF considering it's a low low shaft. The TR Blue sounds great for fairways though. 

4 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

TR Black is awesome in driver(had one) and gross in fairways, lol.  Comes off really low and doesn't spin enough.  I prefer a mid launch/low spin shaft in 3 metal though.  TR Red is a better option.  Feels better with that kick in the mid, launches a touch higher and spins more. 

Yeah I really need to swing hard with the TR Black to really launch it high enough to carry decently off the deck. Should've just sold the TR Black instead of converting it to a 3 wood shaft lol.

Titleist Pro V1

3 minutes ago, mizuno player said:

I posted in the Graphite Design thread. The VF is a great shaft but beware. It lowered my spin from 2100/2300 with the UB to 17/1900 with the VF. Too low for practical course use.  

Always depends on how you deliver it. That being said, mine might go up on bst. Some days I can handle the stiffer handle, some I can't.

• Sad 1
  • , Odyssey Ten Ball 

4 hours ago, mizuno player said:

It lowered my spin from 2100/2300 with the UB to 17/1900 with the VF. Too low for practical course use.

I’ve got a Qi10 Core “dot” head on the way for testing just for this reason. In Qi10 LS was sitting in the 16-1900 range. My TR Black broke at the adapter this weekend, it’s getting replaced but playing tomorrow with a VF 5X playing 44.75” in my current Stealth 2 Plus head. Was able to scrounge up a heavier back TSS weight to get SW right-ish and hopefully keep spin up enough. Took the Ventus breaking as a sign and locked in the VF for the 4W as well 😅

• Sad 1

Current -> Coming

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ClayNotTon said:

I’ve got a Qi10 Core “dot” head on the way for testing just for this reason. In Qi10 LS was sitting in the 16-1900 range. My TR Black broke at the adapter this weekend, it’s getting replaced but playing tomorrow with a VF 5X playing 44.75” in my current Stealth 2 Plus head. Was able to scrounge up a heavier back TSS weight to get SW right-ish and hopefully keep spin up enough. Took the Ventus breaking as a sign and locked in the VF for the 4W as well 😅

At least TM is replacing your TR Black.  I was going back and forth between the TR Black and VF earlier this year and the VF ultimately ended up winning out.  TR Black is great on days where my swing is on but was punishing on days where my swing was off.  It's soooo stable with enough feel.  VF is more forgiving overall, even on days when my swing is off.  Easier to load, feels smoother and is stable enough.  I've been driving the ball better lately which has resulted in lower scores. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

On 5/26/2024 at 9:54 PM, 70sinsight said:

Always depends on how you deliver it. That being said, mine might go up on bst. Some days I can handle the stiffer handle, some I can't.

I tested the 6X tipped 1.25" vs my 7TX tipped 1" just for fun, and found that handle on the X behaves much better for me on the course. Switched over 

• Like 3

On 5/12/2024 at 11:15 PM, gbang15 said:

After seeing some EI charts seems like you have the perfect combo of VF/GT driver/3w. Personally, I love Tensei so I might give the 1k pro blue or a Tour Ad HD a chance if my AV raw white ends up feeling too boardy. Otherwise, looks like you're spot on with feels with your current combo. Also, both Vf/Gt lookwise are the best out of the bunch! Smart combo sir.

VF user and  I Absolutely Love my 1K Pro Blue.  I have it in my UW and another one coming for a 5 wood.  

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

On 5/17/2024 at 10:50 PM, gbang15 said:

feels like a viper snake.

I love golfwrx

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

Butter Putter

Chrome Tour X

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 5:45 AM, Avidswampthing66 said:

I love golfwrx

Its imaginative but, the VF certainly has a distinct feel. Think it has something to do with the tight handle reacting to the ball at impact. It doesn't jive with a lack luster swing from me, It's still GD smooth, but requires a hard loader to swing it. 

Edited by gbang15

On 5/28/2024 at 5:09 AM, JohnnyHangs said:

I tested the 6X tipped 1.25" vs my 7TX tipped 1" just for fun, and found that handle on the X behaves much better for me on the course. Switched over 

the 6x 1.25" sounds intersting.. wonder if its a stiffer tip softer handle 6tx tipped 1".. 

I put the Graphite Design Tour AD VF-7, "S" in TSR2 3wd about 2 months back, and really like how it performs, even from the rough and into wind on Par 5s... 

• TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX