2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

Just now, C_rad said:

Is the hzrdus red smoke provide with Ping is a made up shaft? Or they provide the legit shaft? 

It's the regular Hzrdous Red Smoke shaft, same as this one - https://www.truetempersports.com/en-us/golf/hzrdus-smoke-red-rdx.html

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

I've been going round and round with 3 drivers,  G430 LST, 10k Max, and the AI Smoke TD. Spent an hour and a half in a simulator bay this morning and hit one 41 mm off the toe with the 10k.  It was just right of center and still flew 277.  That's a full golf ball width out on the toe! This thing is just so straight. It can go offline still of course with my face delivery but what is so remarkable is that it curves very little compared to the other two.  10k had a little less ball speed overall but I felt like I'd never have a ball go OB again.  Spin was a tick higher, speed a tick lower but I think I'll loft down to 7.5 and reduce the weight just a bit and see if I can't get the same ball speed out of it. 

Going to play more on the course with all 3, but I'm pretty sure this is the unicorn. 

Screenshot_20240427_145533.jpg.d69c9c6bf1b19a70446bcce2d4b90dc3.jpgScreenshot_20240427_145553.jpg.f3ef8de75b999bd271e8ae16fcdb78c2.jpgScreenshot_20240427_145648.jpg.df1a9ffb0d48d7c0f9a4c1a5350975f5.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, runningblind11 said:

I've been going round and round with 3 drivers,  G430 LST, 10k Max, and the AI Smoke TD. Spent an hour and a half in a simulator bay this morning and hit one 41 mm off the toe with the 10k.  It was just right of center and still flew 277.  That's a full golf ball width out on the toe! This thing is just so straight. It can go offline still of course with my face delivery but what is so remarkable is that it curves very little compared to the other two.  10k had a little less ball speed overall but I felt like I'd never have a ball go OB again.  Spin was a tick higher, speed a tick lower but I think I'll loft down to 7.5 and reduce the weight just a bit and see if I can't get the same ball speed out of it. 

Going to play more on the course with all 3, but I'm pretty sure this is the unicorn. 

Screenshot_20240427_145533.jpg.d69c9c6bf1b19a70446bcce2d4b90dc3.jpgScreenshot_20240427_145553.jpg.f3ef8de75b999bd271e8ae16fcdb78c2.jpgScreenshot_20240427_145648.jpg.df1a9ffb0d48d7c0f9a4c1a5350975f5.jpg

Can't call it a unicorn test without the 400 Max LOL

All these reviews, makes me wanna grab one to see if it's better than the GOAT

• Like 2

Yadi for President

Don’t hate on me, don’t want to be that guy. I have hit the 10k very interested. I am making an observation and question. 

Why are there so many 10k’s on BST? 

• Like 1

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Ventus TR Blue 6-S

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF3 CB

13 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Don’t hate on me, don’t want to be that guy. I have hit the 10k very interested. I am making an observation and question. 

Why are there so many 10k’s on BST? 

Happens with every big WRX thread. People see all the magic being discussed and go buy one to try it. If not more magical than current driver, send to BST then rinse and repeat. 

• Haha 4

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Wilson Staff Model RB Utility (3 or 4?) HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 90

Wilson Dynapower Forged 5-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-06° 

Royal Payne RP009 359g KBS GPS

9 minutes ago, TM golf guy said:

Happens with every big WRX thread. People see all the magic being discussed and go buy one to try it. If not more magical than current driver, send to BST then rinse and repeat. 

Yup

seems like 2-3 Labs pop up every day

LOL that's the one unicorn I haven't chased and no plans to

But I won't resist trying to beat my 400max again🤣

and probably fail again

• Like 1

Yadi for President

5 minutes ago, BYK said:

Yup

seems like 2-3 Labs pop up every day

LOL that's the one unicorn I haven't chased and no plans to

But I won't resist trying to beat my 400max again🤣

and probably fail again

Loved the G400 Max.  Was my all time a favorite for a long time.  Just an amazing driver. 

The 10k was clearly better for me. Both have that rare ability to give you supreme confidence on the tee. But it’s longer and feels better. 

• Like 3

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

1 minute ago, mantan said:

Loved the G400 Max.  Was my all time a favorite for a long time.  Just an amazing driver. 

The 10k was clearly better for me. Both have that rare ability to give you supreme confidence on the tee. But it’s longer and feels better. 

LOL heard that many times before

Hope it's true this time

Yadi for President

13 minutes ago, BYK said:

LOL heard that many times before

Hope it's true this time

I spent years chasing it. And owned the G400 Max three separate times. Including buying it back from a WRXer who bought it to replace the one he regretted selling.  

(She holds grudges when you let her go)😀

Edited by mantan

PING G430 Max 10.5 

PING G430 5w
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

2 hours ago, mantan said:

I spent years chasing it. And owned the G400 Max three separate times. Including buying it back from a WRXer who bought it to replace the one he regretted selling.  

(She holds grudges when you let her go)😀

Been there, I did that with 400 and 425 series. I hit them well, but then my toe miss creeps end and they do the same thing all the others do. I have not had any 10k stuff in bag yet. 

• Like 1

I've played the G400 Max for several years, and nothing could seem to kick it out of the bag.  I owned the G425 Max and G430 Max when they came out, and tested other drivers, but kept coming back to the GOAT.  I even bought a second G400 Max as a backup in case my gamer ever broke.  Well, a couple months ago, I found a crack in my gamer that I hadn't noticed before, and that prompted me try out the new crop of drivers that had recently been released.  I was mostly interested in the G430 Max 10k after hearing such good things about it, and spent a bunch of time swinging it at several of the local golf stores.   I liked it so much that I ordered one.  After receiving it and taking it out for 4 rounds now, I can safely say that the 10k is better than the G400 Max for me.  

The 10k is everything they say it is, and more.  It is low spinning, long, and just wants to go straight.  Like the G400 Max, the 10k inspires supreme confidence at address.  The loud and proud sound of the G400 never bothered me, but the 10k is more pleasing to the ear.  The Tour Chrome 2.0 shaft felt a little soft at 65 grams compared to the older Tour Chrome 65 in my G400, so I opted for the 75 gram Tour Chrome shaft, and that has made a positive difference in dispersion and ball speed.

In each of my four rounds at different courses, I have hit personal longest drives on several holes, and have been 15 - 20 yards longer on average than my G400.  The 10k is even more forgiving, if that's possible, keeping the ball in the fairway.  Driving has typically been the best part of my game, but this is raising it another notch.  I'm excited about this season and playing from spots on holes that I've never played from before!

If you are on the fence about the 10k, I say take the plunge and give it a try, even if your G400 Max might get jealous.

• Like 4

At my fitting, i went with an open mind. I am currently playing the epic speed with an accra fx 65 gr. I liked the feeling of the shaft but i always felt like i had to work hard. Usually swing between 97-103 mph. My miss is block fade that goes no where amd the awful duck hook. 
And i always was the kind of guy that i know it is my fault and not the club. 

The fitting started with the QI10 max. For some reason i have never been fond of taylormade. My miss was all over the place. Tried the tsr2 and it was really great. This could have been it. But then, he gave the 10k. Boy, i loved the look at adress. First shaft was the ventus and wasnt for me. We then tried the hzrdus rdx smoke red and knew instantly this was it. He then tweaked a few things and i forced my self to not look at wgat he tried. After a few changes, the ball was always in play, the swing felt effortless and the numbers were in the right window. The final specs were the 10.5 head turn to 9.5 and the 50 gram 5.5 hrzdus. 

i would never had guess that. Cant wait to have it

Edited by C_rad
  • Like 3

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

My sixth game yesterday with the 10k. I am 62 and play to a 10 handicap. I am using a Vanquish regular flex shaft. It took me a few games to figure out not to swing so hard. I shot a 77 yesterday and missed two short birdie putts and three putted twice. I hit every fairway except for a short par 4 where I used my 3 wood. This thing just wants to go straight. It gives you so much confidence to just step up and swing. Really happy so far. I don't think my distance is any greater than my Rogue Max but the dispersion is much better. Now if only Ping made a 10k putter! 

Edited by Doucer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve seen some stout builds in the this thread and wondering how those with higher swing speeds (115’ish) and  more neutral aoa (<2 up) keep the spin under 2500rpm. 

TM SLDR 10.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 60X
913 FD 15* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3X
913 HD 20* - D+ 92X
712 U 4 & CB 5-PW C-Taper S+
sM4 50.12, 54.11, 60.10 C-taper S
see More M3 Platinum

IMHO, that's not what the 430max 10k is about.  I swing much harder with this head than any other head. I use a 46" vs. 45". The spin will be higher but the chs will be higher as well. I do that trusting that off hits will be mitigated. If you swing the same chs as the lst or qi10ls or paradym 3*, IMHO the spin will be higher and distance will be shorter. My 2€

1 hour ago, Nobody2 said:

I’ve seen some stout builds in the this thread and wondering how those with higher swing speeds (115’ish) and  more neutral aoa (<2 up) keep the spin under 2500rpm. 

I’m in the 115-120 range. I have a 9* turned down to 7.5. Not measured, but should be within manufacturing tolerance. 
I have a GD AD-XC 7x, tipped 1”.  I don’t have trackman numbers yet, but flat flight that will carry right around 300 has been pretty effortless with no real wind. 

If I can keep my path in order it’ll be a monster.

*edit - traditionally I’ve been in the +2-+4 AoA. Based on flight I’m assuming spin is <2500. Again, don’t have trackman numbers yet but I’ve been pretty consistent between sessions with other various drivers.

Edited by D0ch0l1d4y
  • Like 4

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K (big minus setting) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 4-6 Taylormade 2023 P790s;  7-AW Taylormade 2023 P770s - Project X 6.5

SW: Cleveland RTX4 54* bent to 53* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

LW: Cleveland RTX6 58* bent to 59* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

Putter: 39" Odyssey Jailbird 380 White Hot

Alright, some follow ups after putting more rounds on the Tour Chrome 2.0 with the head weight at 25g. This is it (at least until I go mad and try a more premium shaft in it like a Ventus or TPT). Below are some Arccos stats (bear in mind these aren't from a ton of rounds yet, but even still) vs my G425 Max, the 10K in RDX Red at 28g and the Tour Chrome in 25g head weight.

One big caveat on the G425 Max - I played it throughout the winter, so the average distance is probably about 5-7 yards low due to temperature and ground conditions. As a reminder, my SS is usually 99-105mph on course.

image.jpeg.75d43aaa5c739b6ee7ac754fb4c4b129.jpegimage.jpeg.b235f8464d5f8e5169ce188abcc85ba6.jpegimage.jpeg.e73d43497940d82f128487a5e2315ddd.jpeg

If I go back to Fall temperatures/conditions with the G425 Max I was seeing it maxing out at around 275 yards, but with the G430 10K I am seeing at least one 280+ yard drive per round, with most hovering in the 250-260yd range.

For anyone who is struggling with dispersion with the 10K - I would highly recommend investigating other shaft/head weight combos. As you can see I've basically eliminated the right miss now, and my left miss is typically left rough/first cut (I can start being braver on aim line now I've eliminated the push with the heavier head weight). 

This driver absolutely slams, and I am so so happy with it. Yesterday one of my playing partners asked me if my drive was 300 yards (I wish - more like 253 on that particular drive haha) but the ability to just bomb it and not worry at all about OB is amazing.

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

18 hours ago, TheFatArmadillo said:

For those who have a right miss, is your miss from face angle being open - or something else?  Wonder if this would help with my right push from face being too open?

My right miss is always face as I have an in to out swing. To me this club seems to promote face closure.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TNwanabe said:

I am very surprised at the poor showing of the 10k in the MGS mid speed driver test. Unimpressive would be a good description. Did they have a cracked head or something? Surprising. 

So was I.  The result is mid pack of all drivers tested.  As the article said, the shaft matters perhaps. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TNwanabe said:

I am very surprised at the poor showing of the 10k in the MGS mid speed driver test. Unimpressive would be a good description. Did they have a cracked head or something? Surprising. 

My average drives are 10-15 yards shorter than my average drives with the last two LS heads I've had (LTDX, DarkSpeed). And the longest of my drives with LS is 20 yards longer, easily. But the 10K keeps the ball in play. I've had 8 rounds or so with the 10K and haven't hit a ball out of play, yet. That would never happen with LS. I'd lose a couple a round.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JermWRX said:

My average drives are 10-15 yards shorter than my average drives with the last two LS heads I've had (LTDX, DarkSpeed). And the longest of my drives with LS is 20 yards longer, easily. But the 10K keeps the ball in play. I've had 8 rounds or so with the 10K and haven't hit a ball out of play, yet. That would never happen with LS. I'd lose a couple a round.

Makes sense to me, getting older I have realized just how impactful to your score it is to keep the ball in play off the tee. That extra 20 yds doesn’t mean much when it is out of bounds, in the water, or in the trees. I really believe with the right shaft you can minimize that distance loss with this driver.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, flushem said:

So was I.  The result is mid pack of all drivers tested.  As the article said, the shaft matters perhaps. 

Would not be surprised if the results for the 10K are better on that site next year.  Their "testing" has produced outliers before.

• Like 2

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

17 minutes ago, FredCouplesFan said:

Makes sense to me, getting older I have realized just how impactful to your score it is to keep the ball in play off the tee. That extra 20 yds doesn’t mean much when it is out of bounds, in the water, or in the trees. I really believe with the right shaft you can minimize that distance loss with this driver.

Absolutely. I was using the stock shaft for a round while my Ventus Blue was getting a tip installed, and it was not so great. Too much spin. Was really short and there was quite a bit more curvature. With Ventus its point and shoot straight. Much farther, also.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TNwanabe said:

? Maybe I’m looking at a different test

In their “Best drivers of 2024” test, it was ranked #1 overall.

When you look at the raw data, averaging roughly 18,000 shots they say they analyzed, its carry & total distance was 3 yards shorter than the driver that ranked highest for distance.

I’d hardly call that unimpressive.

• Thanks 1

Ping G430 Max 10k 9.0 - Alta CB 55 R 

Ping G400 5 wood - Alta CB 65 R

PIng G425 Max 7 wood - Alta CB 65 R

Mizuno CLK hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 70 R

Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi 23 & 26 - Recoil ESX R

Maltby TS1 IM 7-GW - Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/12 - Rotex 70 wedge flex

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58/06- Rotex 70 wedge flex

Odyessey Eleven Tour Lined

3 minutes ago, WasatchBogey said:

? Maybe I’m looking at a different test

In their “Best drivers of 2024” test, it was ranked #1 overall.

When you look at the raw data, averaging roughly 18,000 shots they say they analyzed, its carry & total distance was 3 yards shorter than the driver that ranked highest for distance.

I’d hardly call that unimpressive.

the newest article called "best drivers for mid speed golfers" released yesterday.

• Like 1

Ah, ok, just took a look at that one.

it was 5 yards shorter than the distance winner in the “mid speed” test.

Interesting, did all of the consistency, forgiveness, etc., that had it #1 in the “Best Overall” test somehow diminish at mid speeds? 

Not quite sure I understand how they interpret the data to have it ranked overall the best driver of 2024, yet well down in the pack at mid speeds, all from analyzing the same test pool of shots.

I haven’t hit one, still playing my G400 Max, but as a mid, more toward slow swing speed, trying to parse the different results from the same data.

Ping G430 Max 10k 9.0 - Alta CB 55 R 

Ping G400 5 wood - Alta CB 65 R

PIng G425 Max 7 wood - Alta CB 65 R

Mizuno CLK hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 70 R

Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi 23 & 26 - Recoil ESX R

Maltby TS1 IM 7-GW - Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/12 - Rotex 70 wedge flex

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58/06- Rotex 70 wedge flex

Odyessey Eleven Tour Lined