2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

3 hours ago, JermWRX said:

As far as performance? They're not even comparable, in my opinion. 430 Max is a spinny driver like any other Max head. The 10K is a different animal. The forgiveness is unlike any driver I've ever owned. It just goes straight. Even a poor swing doesn't spin and curve like it should, and the ball speed stays hot. It's a unicorn. I guess it's bigger, but I really don't notice. The confidence I have on the tee box now is unbelievable.

Great feedback. Did you go with a higher spin shaft in the 10k?

Posted (edited)

I have both the 10K and the Max and I could play either. The Max does have a little more spin but definitely not spinny to me.. I am playing an Accra FX 130 on both heads and still not sure on what one to keep. I had the regular Max since fall and have about 3 rounds on the 10K so far. I Honestly feel so far the best ones with the 10K are a little Longer but my misses have been a little better with the regular. I will post back when I make my final decision. 
Again these results so far are for me. 

Also I came from a TSR3 with a Ventus TR that on my best strike was longer than both the pings but consistently the Pings are straighter for me.  I swing around 100 for comparison 

Edited by gmyers22
Adding content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pending 

Callaway Smoke Max HL Tensei Blue

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

11 hours ago, gmyers22 said:

I have both the 10K and the Max and I could play either. The Max does have a little more spin but definitely not spinny to me.. I am playing an Accra FX 130 on both heads and still not sure on what one to keep. I had the regular Max since fall and have about 3 rounds on the 10K so far. I Honestly feel so far the best ones with the 10K are a little Longer but my misses have been a little better with the regular. I will post back when I make my final decision. 

Also I came from a TSR3 with a Ventus TR that on my best strike was longer than both the pings but consistently the Pings are straighter for me.  I swing around 100 for comparison 

I had the same experience between the two. Both were great options: 10k slightly longer with the max spinning about 200-300rpms more on decent strikes.

12 hours ago, gmyers22 said:

Same!!! My TSR3 was definitely longer but I have hit some great drives with the 10K. I've also hit some drives that I know would have been out of play with the TSR and they are just in the edge of the rough, albeit much shorter, with the 10K. The 10K gives me the freedom to really go after the ball without much worry of being unplayable. Arcoss told me I was losing almost 3 strokes per round due to the tee ball so I switched this season to try and improve that stat. We'll see how this all shakes out after I have enough data.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've been experimenting with a 10K with a WB 43x. It's helped me find more clubhead speed and ball speed. I hit a couple of drives today that were my longest in months. 

Something else I've found- because of how stretched the head is, it looked closed even when I could tell it was square(hard to explain but something to do with the way the back of the sole is in contact with the ground). So I've opened the face for a better look at address.

Edited by Honman
  • Like 2

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: PING G430 LST Fujikura Ventus Blue + 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S
Hybrid: PING G430 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 7S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM10 50 F, 54 M, 60 D KBS 610 Wedge R
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

i bought one yesterady on a whim with the stock alta.  I hit 2 of the longest drives of my life today. Its ugly and sounds meh and looks like s*** but its a good driver lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PING 10K CHROME 2.0 65

PING 430 15 CHROME 2.0 75

TITLEIST TSR2 HYBRID 19 DEG 

TITLEIST T150 4-PW

SM10 52 56 60

BETTINARDI QUEEN B 6 COPPER

On 5/16/2024 at 10:00 PM, tigerfan23 said:

i bought one yesterady on a whim with the stock alta.  I hit 2 of the longest drives of my life today. Its ugly and sounds meh and looks like s*** but its a good driver lol

Is this Driver a bit draw Bias? Couple Rounds in couple monster drivers but Really favouring the Left side with it.  Maybe it's because I suck but I've been hitting TSR2 straighter.

PING 10K CHROME 2.0 65

PING 430 15 CHROME 2.0 75

TITLEIST TSR2 HYBRID 19 DEG 

TITLEIST T150 4-PW

SM10 52 56 60

BETTINARDI QUEEN B 6 COPPER

Took the 10k to Italy this week, playing a couple of rounds around a work exhibition.  Courses totally new to me, played 32 holes, missed 4 due to being waterlogged and being very hungover... hit driver 21 times, found 16 fairways.  This thing is soooo good.  2 of the 5 misses were hit great, central but long where I didn't think the trouble was in range on very soft fairways.

Never had so much confidence in any golf club, ever!

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 9:47 PM, gmyers22 said:

Been sticking with my Max….scared a bit to flip to the 10k…

ridiculous I know.  But Max so solid

accra Fx/gx in both 

2 ?s please

- spin expectation is down 250rpms, yes?

- does everyone play with stock weight or different?

thanks so much

appreciated

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

I switched my irons and driver to PING this season and so far, I’ve had a lot of success with both. My handicap has dropped to 6 and the 10k has played a big part. The distance has been great, but the key is finding so many fairways or being just off with all but the worst swings. Add the i525’s to the mix and my distance control into greens has been incredible. It took me a bit to get used to them, but I don’t get the huge gaps where I overshoot a green or miss as much left and right. I shot even par on the back yesterday and it was almost boring- a wonderful boring. Hit the fairway, GIR, 2 putt- repeat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morry said:

accra Fx/gx in both 

2 ?s please

thanks so much

appreciated

I have the stock weight in both. I have not tinkered with that as of now…. 

Pending 

Callaway Smoke Max HL Tensei Blue

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

8 hours ago, Morry said:

accra Fx/gx in both 

2 ?s please

thanks so much

appreciated

I play with the stock weight. 9* head turned to the small -. When I bought it I played two rounds with the stock Tour Black Stiff shaft while my Ventus Blue was getting the adapter switched out, and didn't get along with club at all. Lots of terrible shots and really weird, spinny flights. Nothing at all like my normal ball flight. I was bummed and thought I made a poor purchase decision. When I put in the Ventus it was like I had a completely different driver in my hands. It's the most confident I've ever been with a driver, by far. Shot after shot just pummeled down the fairway. My advice for anyone contemplating making the switch, is to go for it. Put it through its paces with your preferred shaft and let it fly. At worst, there is a demand for these drivers right now. You could sell it on here quickly. Look at it as a demo, and worst case maybe it costs 75-100 bucks or so.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This may not seem like a negative to some, but coming from the G400 max, the sound on the 10k is so much quieter that sometimes I don’t think I hit it very well, but it’s a lot better than I thought. Besides muting the sound, I also feel like the carbon mutes the overall feel just a bit. Really not criticism, just observation.

Edited by caniac6
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UKGolfer86 said:

Took the 10k to Italy this week, playing a couple of rounds around a work exhibition.  Courses totally new to me, played 32 holes, missed 4 due to being waterlogged and being very hungover... hit driver 21 times, found 16 fairways.  This thing is soooo good.  2 of the 5 misses were hit great, central but long where I didn't think the trouble was in range on very soft fairways.

Never had so much confidence in any golf club, ever!

Just think..... you'd be 21 for 21 without the vino. ☺

On 5/16/2024 at 9:00 PM, tigerfan23 said:

My kind of review...  " it's ugly" (dam" turbulators), "sounds meh" (toned down cowbell), " looks like s***, ( dam* neon yellow\green stuff.)  "but it's a good driver" I'll keep it in the bag because I'm in the dam* fairway every time. ☺

I have played the G430 Max or LST for the past season+, settled on the Max for its extra forgiveness, and have a nice complement of G430 shafts. So, it makes sense for me to stay in the Ping driver family, and it was easy for me to grab just a Max 10K head when I had the chance. Grabbed a 9*, same as I was playing in the G430 Max.

I took it out for its first round today, and it is definitely an exceptional driver. Not really much better than the G430 Max. But no surprise, as has been discussed, I do believe it is a great blend of the G430 Max and G430 LST, and probably the best of all worlds. I would say it makes my LST head expendable, but I would not quite be ready to dump my G430 Max head just yet.

For its first round, I paired the 10K with my Tour AD VR 6S/R shaft, which is a bit softer than my standard VR 6S shaft that I play in the G430 Max. Ideal back-weight to get to my preferred D2-D3 SW with the VR shafts is 25g (which I had around from the stock G430 head).

Results were positive today, but I of course needed some time to settle in with the 10K. The S/R flex really required a smooth swing, which is not necessarily a bad thing. However, I will plug the S flex in for next round which I think I will feel more comfortable with. The other shaft I will definitely give a test will be the Tour Chrome 2.0. That seems to call for a 27g weight per my SW testing. More testing to come, but another winner from Ping IMO.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

So i have had the Autoflex Dream 7 in the 10K head for about 2 weeks.  My first two 9 hole rounds with it were ok.  But not as good as my Triple Diamond with the OG Auotflex.   I was all set fo take it to my clubfitter to have the SW checked. 

But on Friday i took both out for some on course testing with my FSK LM.  And i was getting 17 more yards carry with the 10 K Dream 7.  And total distance with my GPS waa probably 20 to 25 yards longer on the best drives of each and 10 yards longer on others.  

I was a bit worried that the things i had heard about the 10K not providing great ball speed was proving true.   But ball speeds with it were 7 to 10 mph faster. 

Have a 3 day trip to Kingsmill coming up. So ai’m looking forward to seeing how it does there. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

13 hours ago, tigerfan23 said:

gonna give this another try with the Tour 2.0 Chrome Shaft

That is a good pairing. I have been flip-flopping between the G430 Max and the Max 10K, and between different shafts like the Tour 2.0 Chrome and some others. I had gone with a 9* Max 10K head, and I actually think that 10.5* might be the answer for me.

But the Tour 2.0 Chrome and 9* Max 10K is a good combo for me (+1* on the adapter). I actually tried my Tour 2.0 Black last evening with the Max 10K, and that was a good combo as well. Problem is, you don’t commit to a swing, or just come at it a bit sloppy, and the Tour Black will punish you whereas the Tour Chrome is simply more forgiving (softer and spinnier). Good luck.

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade ‘21 P790 Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

Posted (edited)

I've been playing the 10K for four weeks. This thing is a fade machine for me.
It is the 10.5 degree model with tour chrome shaft in R-Flex, Swing Speed between 90-95mph.

It is optically sits open 5 degrees in the approach position. I can't get it closed and almost always play a push fade with bad hits as a high slice.

Not a good driver for me.

Edited by Cpt. Kirk

3 hours ago, Cpt. Kirk said:

It is the 10.5 degree model with tour chrome shaft in R-Flex, Swing Speed between 90-95mph.

It is optically sits open 5 degrees in the approach position. I can't get it closed and almost always play a push fade with bad hits as a high slice.

I was experiencing a similar thing with the 10k and Qi10 Max during a fitting. I’m not sure if it was the drivers or more my swing that day but I did hit the standard Qi10 better 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Cpt. Kirk said:

Curious....have you tried a lighter rear weight?  31g rear weight is HEFTY.   Maybe try 25g....  assuming it won't make the swing weight unplayable....?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Posted (edited)

Changed the back weight to 19 grams, 3 strips of High density lead tape on the toe, put in my Diamana ZF 60x trimmed down 1/4” to 46” … point and shoot machine at D6.5 swingweight 

13 fairways in both my last 2 rounds 

Love the feel and carbon look, good match to my smoke TD 3 wood.  

Because I am insane … I may need to get the TD driver.  In the SIM, it is high low spin bombs … ie 17* and 2100 spin

edit, I have it set to flat and +1*

Edited by cardoustie

Cally AIS TD 11.5* Ventus Black 5x

Cally AI Smoke TD 16* AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Cally Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x

Ping i210 6-7 & s55 8-PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59* SF 125s

LAB Mezz Max

Posted (edited)

Curious....have you tried a lighter rear weight?  31g rear weight is HEFTY.   Maybe try 25g....  assuming it won't make the swing weight unplayable....?

No, it is Original out of the Box.

The whole Package is relatively heavy. 320gr.

Edited by Cpt. Kirk