2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Cpt. Kirk said:

I've been playing the 10K for four weeks. This thing is a fade machine for me.
It is the 10.5 degree model with tour chrome shaft in R-Flex, Swing Speed between 90-95mph.

It is optically sits open 5 degrees in the approach position. I can't get it closed and almost always play a push fade with bad hits as a high slice.

Not a good driver for me.

Same with me. I bought the driver in March this year and I could not hit this straight or draw. I have it in 9 degrees, Alta CB stiff, swing speed is same as yours. Though I usually hit fades in the past, playing the G400 Max and G425 Max changed that.

When I switch to the G425, it is the other way around, straight shots or small pull draws. What is weird is when I have my buddies hit my 10k, they all go left in the small plus settings. It's been two months now and many time I have tried to dispose of it but something tells me that I should stick with it and try to learn how to hit it. I know it has something to do with the way I swing it or something in my head. 

Last month was really bad as I was hitting slices. Recently I got to lessen the curve and shots became small fades. Fairway hits though have been really crazy since putting it in play but distance has suffered. Even on mishits I was finding the fairway. I have yet to lose a ball this season off the tee. 

I feel like I need to do some extra work for the club not to slice on me as opposed to the G425 Max, I just have to swing my swing and off it goes. We'll see how it works on in June. I have been doing some work on the sim adjusting my swing to make it feel right and so far, I think it's working. 

Edited by msg

One thing that is interesting for me is that I have a G430 MAX 9* and a G430 MAX 10K 10.5* turned down to 9*. The normal MAX actually launches a smidge lower, spins less, and generally goes a little bit farther. But it's much more erratic. I know the MOI isn't that much different between them, maybe it's observation bias or something on my part, but the MAX 10K just feels like a tank and it gives me a ton of confidence. I may try and trade my 10.5 degree for a native 9 head and see if it's just a manufacturing tolerance issue on the particular heads I've got. 

The MAX 10K is the current record holder for my season's longest drive thus far: 

image.png.b803da4c5f1da79bf5afcb40ac9a8c22.png

Almost rolled off the back. 😁 The long downhill slider to a front pin freaked me out and I putted a bit too defensively! 😭

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TonyRo said:

One thing that is interesting for me is that I have a G430 MAX 9* and a G430 MAX 10K 10.5* turned down to 9*. The normal MAX actually launches a smidge lower, spins less, and generally goes a little bit farther. But it's much more erratic. I know the MOI isn't that much different between them, maybe it's observation bias or something on my part, but the MAX 10K just feels like a tank and it gives me a ton of confidence. I may try and trade my 10.5 degree for a native 9 head and see if it's just a manufacturing tolerance issue on the particular heads I've got. 

The MAX 10K is the current record holder for my season's longest drive thus far: 

image.png.b803da4c5f1da79bf5afcb40ac9a8c22.png

Almost rolled off the back. 😁 The long downhill slider to a front pin freaked me out and I putted a bit too defensively! 😭

Nice drive!  You should definitely try the 9 degree head if you can get ahold of one.  It felt and played better than the 10.5 turned down to 9 for me.  I had been playing a G400 Max 10.5 turned down 1 degree, so I tried the 10k at 10.5 first.  Then I tried the 9 degree head, and it gave better numbers on the sim.  After putting it in the bag, I've been hitting new personal records for distance on holes every time I have been out this spring.  Love it.  Bombs away!

Edited by kbevins
  • Thanks 1

I had the chance to demo one against my G430 LST with my Ventus Blue TR. I thought my LST would never leave my side. On my best swings I wouldn't know the difference between the two, about 200-500 less rpm in the LST with a little more roll out. My AOA ranges from -1 to 1, and I'm about 2-6d out to in. (I have been taking lessons to get my path corrected, it's hard work lol) Swingspeed 108-115 depending on how often I'm playing. Weather has been rough here with long breaks between rounds so I'm not swinging a lot. Haven't been using Stack as often as I should either. 

On my worst swings, I'm 10d out-to-in and results with a huge sweeping slice with LST and significant distance loss. I think spin 3000+ rpm. I'm not going to say my worst swings were dead straight but the consequences less severe; less distance, but still in the fairway. If I were playing every day, I'd stick with my LST but I'm playing 3-6 times a month and need some forgiveness.

Seeing how forgiving this driver is I don't fret as much standing over the ball. I was able to swing more freely with the 10K, with LST I definitely stressed over my technique when I shouldn't have. 

Pulled the trigger on a 10K from BST. Have a shaft waiting and ordered an adapter. Can't wait to get it to the range.  I've been struggling getting off the tee to start this season and I'm hoping a little confidence will reset me.

• Like 1

WITB

Ping G430 10K 10.5º w/ Diamana 

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Driving Iron: Srixon U85 w/ Recoil

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

3 hours ago, TonyRo said:

Yeah I think I need to, I just don't want to incinerate my bank account once more. I just bought a LAB too. 🤣

You can purchase one from a  retailer that offers paypal as a payment option. It should allow the paypal pay -in-4 feature once you are logged into paypal.  It will split the payment up into 4 interest-free payments every two weeks.  I recommend Morton Golf Sales but that is just me.  That tidbit of info and $1.25 (plus a few more cents to cover tax) will get you an item from Dollar Tree (where, ironically, most things are now $1.25).  

• Haha 1

Oh I have the money, I have just spent SO MUCH on golf this season that I'm not sure I want to pay the $200 difference between selling my current one and getting the same head for something around a degree of launch and a few hundred rpm spin. I mean I will, but I'm trying to resist for now. 🤣

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kbevins said:

Haha, I have a LAB too.  Best investment I've ever made in a golf club.  Bank acount incineration for sure, but it is for a good cause 😆

I've bought two Mezz Max in the last month or do. One standard build, one counterbalance. They're both collecting dust in my basement. Can't putt with them for the life of me😔

Was able to get a shaft fitting for my 10k at Club Champion Vancouver (formerly TXG). Was awesome, got to use my own personal 10k head during the fitting, and they used the All-Fit adapter system with normal weight adapters, not the ones that add a ton of swingweight.

Best fit was Ventus TR Red 6S. I will say, the Tour Chrome 2.0 gave better results than many of the other aftermarket shafts that I tried. 

• Like 4

On 5/30/2024 at 1:59 PM, TonyRo said:

Oh I have the money, I have just spent SO MUCH on golf this season that I'm not sure I want to pay the $200 difference between selling my current one and getting the same head for something around a degree of launch and a few hundred rpm spin. I mean I will, but I'm trying to resist for now. 🤣

Man I understand your position!!!!!! Just do it!!! 

Came her to say I was a prior hater of ping clubs (G410 user in the past, did not like it) but this 10k I got is unreal. I  literally missed the ball yesterday and looked up expecting to see it have gone like maaaybe 180-200 yards and I ended up getting 270 out of it... ridiculous. A hole later on, I severely toed it and thought I'd look up to see it hooking with 0 spin, but instead it was 285 yards down, about 20-30 feet into the rough but luckily that was the side to miss on.

So far my only complaint is that the 10k sounds worse than the regular Max did when I first hit it. Anyone here toss cotton balls or yard into theirs to soften the noise a bit?

G430 10k 10.5* Flat | Ventus Blue TR 6X 45"

BRNR Mini 11.5* -> 12.5* | Ventus Blue TR 7X 43.5"

Stealth 2 Plus 18* Weight Back | Accra FX 2.0 380 M5 42"

TSR2 21* -> 22.5* | Ventus TR Blue 8X 41"

ZX7 Mk ii 5-PW | Axiom 125x

S159 51/11, 56/10, 60/8

Chrome Soft X or Bridgestone B X

Mezz Max

32 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

:classic_laugh:

WRXSheldonliterally.jpg.aca8655220580c3dd451186f87e89de4.jpg

(Sorry, just happened to see this episode recently :classic_smile:)

sure felt like it - i think if I strayed any further, I'd have hit the shaft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

S159 51/11, 56/10, 60/8

Mezz Max

I'm on the opposite side of @birdiestobogeys right now. Absolute Jekyll and Hyde driving performances for me of late. I'm either crushing it 280+ with a tight draw, or snap hooking it 215yds dead left. Currently playing 10.5º head with 25g weight on the small + and considering trying either no hosel adjustment (to open the face a bit) or trying the flat setting again which had me with a two way miss earlier in the process...

I feel like I have tons of potential with this driver (when it's good it is truly unbelievable) but increasingly losing strokes with blocked out drives or penalties OB 😞

Anyone else successfully addressed the pull hook phenomenon? For reference, fairway woods and hybrid are arrow straight or 5-10yd fade/draw and irons are baby draw.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

28 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

I'm on the opposite side of @birdiestobogeys right now. Absolute Jekyll and Hyde driving performances for me of late. I'm either crushing it 280+ with a tight draw, or snap hooking it 215yds dead left. Currently playing 10.5º head with 25g weight on the small + and considering trying either no hosel adjustment (to open the face a bit) or trying the flat setting again which had me with a two way miss earlier in the process...

I feel like I have tons of potential with this driver (when it's good it is truly unbelievable) but increasingly losing strokes with blocked out drives or penalties OB 😞

Anyone else successfully addressed the pull hook phenomenon? For reference, fairway woods and hybrid are arrow straight or 5-10yd fade/draw and irons are baby draw.

I wish I could help you. The hooks are my nemesis, and have been for years. Last 5 drivers or so I've had were all LS heads of varying brands, most recently DarkSpeed LS. All of them hooked. The 10K doesn't hook. Ever. When I first got it, it was baby draws. Now I've got it working high fades, which is what I love to see from driver. Now, my Stealth2 3HL and G430 2H are a completely different story. I can't do anything lately except make them go left, and sometimes hard left. Beyond frustrating. Good luck dialing in the 10K. You'll get it down!!👍🏻

• Like 1

Want to share my experience. Coming from the epic speed, the feeling and sound arent the best. One thing that happened that never happen before, i topped my driver las game! I was mad.  But other than that, this driver changed my game. I feel so confident with it, the result are far better and when i miss hit it, the ball is still playable. With the callaway i had those snaphook and the block fade that would turn into slice. The ping does not. I was never a good driver of the ball. Now, i cant wait to get to the next tee box 

• Like 1

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Has anyone filled this sucker w Cotton balls or yarn yet? If so, how much did you add and what the weight change by? My head is already 204g, so if I want to mute the sound a bit, I would likely need a lighter rear weight. Sometimes they can be expensive, guessing can get costly.

S159 51/11, 56/10, 60/8

Mezz Max

4 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

12* cranked down to 10.5 might help you.  Have you checked your spin ?  I was gaming last years max 10.5 and it was really good but my miss was a low hook with no spin. I found out in the offseason I was spinning it too low. This season went to a 12* Qi Max and couldn’t be happier.  Also the TM sits about 2-3* flatter than the ping too 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Taylormade Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Cleveland Zipccore XL 6-GW

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2024 Tyne H

I would like to add my experience with this driver. I always tinker with my clubs (trying new shafts or heads) and originally purchased the 10k in February. Was hitting it at the range and playing a couple winter rounds with it with ventus blue tr 6s. Also have an ai smoke max with a ventus, have the td max on pre order figuring I am just a club junkie. 
Played a round this morning at my regular course, we were the first time out. After 4 holes the guys were playing slow and told me to just move on without them if I wanted so I did. Had time to play 2 balls if I wanted and I must say is wow. The 10k with the ventus red tr 6s tipped .5 playing at 45.25 is amazing for me. Was not losing any distance as I would with any other driver I have played and it would either go so straight or tiny little fade for me. This driver is so good, long, straight and consistent. The last hole I played 3 balls and 2 of there were the same exact distance and only 1 yard apart while the 3rd was 10 yards right same distance. Sorry for the long comment but I can honestly say this is the best drive and shaft combo I have ever played. 

• Like 3

On 6/2/2024 at 4:09 PM, JamesFisher1990 said:

sure felt like it - i think if I strayed any further, I'd have hit the shaft.

I had a similar shot on a simulator recently.  41mm out on the toe, and still went straight and only lost 15 yards or so.   I am still trying to get used to the shallowness of it, I really like deep face drivers as I miss vertically some if I get timing off.  Playing with tee height, but keeping it in the mix for another month I think. 

5 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

What shaft are you using? I am still trying to dial in my 10K. Took it out with the Kai'li White 60 S last round, and it was promising, but not sure the Kai'li is the "one" for me. Tour Chrome 2.0 is a reliable standby with the 10K. I need to give the Alta CB 55S a hit. And then I have some others like GD.

With the 10.5* head, I have actually found that a 27g weight is the most common back-weight to get to D2-D3 with the shafts I have on hand. Alta CB is 29g. Honestly, if you are hooking, could your problem be that the SW is too low with the 25g weight? Not sure if you have swing-weighted your head with your shaft. Just a thought.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready Raptor PN Putter

6 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

5 hours ago, JermWRX said:

I wish I could help you. The hooks are my nemesis, and have been for years. Last 5 drivers or so I've had were all LS heads of varying brands, most recently DarkSpeed LS. All of them hooked. The 10K doesn't hook. Ever. When I first got it, it was baby draws. Now I've got it working high fades, which is what I love to see from driver. Now, my Stealth2 3HL and G430 2H are a completely different story. I can't do anything lately except make them go left, and sometimes hard left. Beyond frustrating. Good luck dialing in the 10K. You'll get it down!!👍🏻

A bit off-topic but when *I* used to hit that snap hook it was always because I left my weight on my back leg. Upper body turns, lower body stalls, left/left all day.

My last thoughts, once I'm set, are "Head back, weight forward" (weight forward just a "shortcut" for "Get to your front side"). I don't have anywhere near the length of RVM but I almost never hit that left/left drive anymore.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

3 hours ago, JamesFisher1990 said:

Has anyone filled this sucker w Cotton balls or yarn yet? If so, how much did you add and what the weight change by? My head is already 204g, so if I want to mute the sound a bit, I would likely need a lighter rear weight. Sometimes they can be expensive, guessing can get costly.

Just as an FYI, I believe cotton balls, yarn, or similar make your driver illegal. So if you're planning on playing a serious competition you might want to keep that in mind and/or call your local association and ask. :classic_wink:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

38 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Just as an FYI, I believe cotton balls, yarn, or similar make your driver illegal. So if you're planning on playing a serious competition you might want to keep that in mind and/or call your local association and ask. :classic_wink:

Not true, but it's potentially possible. The reason changing the back weight to a heavier-than-stock makes it illegal is because it puts the head over the USGA-legal MOI number. If the cotton balls are distributed relatively evenly in the head (no real way to keep them in place...they'll move) then it likely won't increase overall MOI. You could add weight to the back AND the front and keep it legal - would just have to do some REALLY complex math to get to how much you could put in each spot.

You could put 20g of rat glue on the crown, toward the front...and actually reduce the overall MOI.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K (big minus setting) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 4-6 Taylormade 2023 P790s;  7-AW Taylormade 2023 P770s - Project X 6.5

SW: Cleveland RTX4 54* bent to 53* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

LW: Cleveland RTX6 58* bent to 59* - Project X 7.0 (Tiger-stepped)

Putter: 39" Odyssey Jailbird 380 White Hot