2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

30 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

Not true, but it's potentially possible. The reason changing the back weight to a heavier-than-stock makes it illegal is because it puts the head over the USGA-legal MOI number. If the cotton balls are distributed relatively evenly in the head (no real way to keep them in place...they'll move) then it likely won't increase overall MOI. You could add weight to the back AND the front and keep it legal - would just have to do some REALLY complex math to get to how much you could put in each spot.

You could put 20g of rat glue on the crown, toward the front...and actually reduce the overall MOI.

I don't believe it's an MOI issue. MOI is a different animal/rule.

The Equipment Rules insist there be no moving parts. The cotton balls and yarn move around in the driver head therefore (I believe) rendering it non-conforming.

Hot melt, e.g. would be different. Once placed in the head it is fixed in place, therefore not moving. I believe that would also cover the rat glue you speak of.

Now if such rat glue affects MOI, or whatever, that's (again) a different animal.

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

3 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

What shaft are you using? I am still trying to dial in my 10K. Took it out with the Kai'li White 60 S last round, and it was promising, but not sure the Kai'li is the "one" for me. Tour Chrome 2.0 is a reliable standby with the 10K. I need to give the Alta CB 55S a hit. And then I have some others like GD.

With the 10.5* head, I have actually found that a 27g weight is the most common back-weight to get to D2-D3 with the shafts I have on hand. Alta CB is 29g. Honestly, if you are hooking, could your problem be that the SW is too low with the 25g weight? Not sure if you have swing-weighted your head with your shaft. Just a thought.

I have VF 6x and it is perfect combo for me might want to give it a go.

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X  44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

PROV1

5 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

I have VF 6x and it is perfect combo for me might want to give it a go.

Nice. I have the VR, IZ and HD with the G430 tips. I just have not had the chance to really put them through the paces out on the course to see if one has the "magic". The VR has worked well for me in the past.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready Raptor PN Putter

3 hours ago, nsxguy said:

I don't believe it's an MOI issue. MOI is a different animal/rule.

The Equipment Rules insist there be no moving parts. The cotton balls and yarn move around in the driver head therefore (I believe) rendering it non-conforming.

Hot melt, e.g. would be different. Once placed in the head it is fixed in place, therefore not moving. I believe that would also cover the rat glue you speak of.

Now if such rat glue affects MOI, or whatever, that's (again) a different animal.

I don't plan on playing in any USGA or other local events. Only tournaments I do are "friendly" ones with the crew, usually handicap'ed stableford events. Nobody is going to be checking inside my driver head...

• Thanks 1

G430 10k 10.5* Flat | Ventus Blue TR 6X 45"

BRNR Mini 11.5* -> 12.5* | Ventus Blue TR 7X 43.5"

Stealth 2 Plus 18* Weight Back | Accra FX 2.0 380 M5 42"

TSR2 21* -> 22.5* | Ventus TR Blue 8X 41"

ZX7 Mk ii 5-PW | Axiom 125x

S159 51/11, 56/10, 60/8

Chrome Soft X or Bridgestone B X

Mezz Max

27 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

I hate to admit it, but I’m back to my G400 Max. It just feels better, and is easier to work. Also, I don’t feel like I’m giving up any distance. Only missed one fairway today, and that was a lousy swing.

We knew you would come back to us. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

What shaft are you using? I am still trying to dial in my 10K. Took it out with the Kai'li White 60 S last round, and it was promising, but not sure the Kai'li is the "one" for me. Tour Chrome 2.0 is a reliable standby with the 10K. I need to give the Alta CB 55S a hit. And then I have some others like GD.

With the 10.5* head, I have actually found that a 27g weight is the most common back-weight to get to D2-D3 with the shafts I have on hand. Alta CB is 29g. Honestly, if you are hooking, could your problem be that the SW is too low with the 25g weight? Not sure if you have swing-weighted your head with your shaft. Just a thought.

My shaft is also the Tour Chrome 2.0 - I gamed the RDX Red for a while but it felt a bit too whippy and introduced a two way miss. I was also thinking along your lines with the 27g weight. I'm going to head to the driving range on Thursday with a good old can of Dr Scholl's and try to figure this out. 

7 hours ago, erock9174 said:

12* cranked down to 10.5 might help you.  Have you checked your spin ?  I was gaming last years max 10.5 and it was really good but my miss was a low hook with no spin. I found out in the offseason I was spinning it too low. This season went to a 12* Qi Max and couldn’t be happier.  Also the TM sits about 2-3* flatter than the ping too 

Ironically that was exactly what I played in my G425 Max! I haven't checked my spin numbers, but that'll be the next stop. I'm considering hitting up my fitter again as this has just felt like arm wrestling a snake. The G425 Max felt so effortless by comparison. I feel like I hit the 10K so well in the fitting bay but haven't been able to translate that to the course in terms of consistency. Yes it's great to bomb one 280+, but not when the next drive is 200yds OB.

Edited by Rearviewmirror

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

I hate to admit it, but I’m back to my G400 Max. It just feels better, and is easier to work. Also, I don’t feel like I’m giving up any distance. Only missed one fairway today, and that was a lousy swing.

Long live the GOAT

lol nice try 10K. 

• Like 3

Yadi for President

3 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

My shaft is also the Tour Chrome 2.0 - I gamed the RDX Red for a while but it felt a bit too whippy and introduced a two way miss. I was also thinking along your lines with the 27g weight. I'm going to head to the driving range on Thursday with a good old can of Dr Scholl's and try to figure this out. 

Ironically that was exactly what I played in my G425 Max! I haven't checked my spin numbers, but that'll be the next stop. I'm considering hitting up my fitter again as this has just felt like arm wrestling a snake. The G425 Max felt so effortless by comparison. I feel like I hit the 10K so well in the fitting bay but haven't been able to translate that to the course in terms of consistency. Yes it's great to bomb one 280+, but not when the next drive is 200yds OB.

All good. I haven’t been able to totally dial in the Tour Chrome 2.0. The Tour Black is a bit too stiff for me.

I actually got out tonight on a course with my 10K and a few shafts. The Alta CB 55 is a bit loose and spinny for me. The Kai’li White is a great shaft, but a bit low spin. Tour AD VR and HD kind of rose above the others and meshed great with the 10K. I think the VR gets the nod for now, with the HD getting a run at some point. YMMV.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jeffrey r said:

So - I spent some time with a digital scale and a tape measure this morning, and assuming this calculator is accurate I'm seeing:

Tour Chrome 2.0 with 25g weight - D2.1 (326g club weight, 835mm balance point)

Tour Chrome 2.0 with 28g weight - D3.2 (329g club weight, 835mm balance point)

Do you think one swing weight point would be enough to create spin/launch issues? Also wondering if it could just be where the weight is (back of head) and whether that is part of creating the right spin conditions with this head.

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

53 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

So - I spent some time with a digital scale and a tape measure this morning, and assuming this calculator is accurate I'm seeing:

Tour Chrome 2.0 with 25g weight - D2.1 (326g club weight, 835mm balance point)

Tour Chrome 2.0 with 28g weight - D3.2 (329g club weight, 835mm balance point)

Do you think one swing weight point would be enough to create spin/launch issues? Also wondering if it could just be where the weight is (back of head) and whether that is part of creating the right spin conditions with this head.

One side of me says that within that D2-D3 range, I can't imagine a huge difference in spin, launch, etc. That said, I can say that in my experience, I have had some shaft/head combos where even 1 SW point seemed to have an effect on how I swing the club. Best you can do is try it out both ways, and see if one works better than the other. I have now given the Tour Chrome 2.0 a run with the G430 Max and the 10K, and it never seems to be the best for me. Great shaft, but could be the same issue for you--may just not be the ideal fit.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

One side of me says that within that D2-D3 range, I can't imagine a huge difference in spin, launch, etc. That said, I can say that in my experience, I have had some shaft/head combos where even 1 SW point seemed to have an effect on how I swing the club. Best you can do is try it out both ways, and see if one works better than the other. I have now given the Tour Chrome 2.0 a run with the G430 Max and the 10K, and it never seems to be the best for me. Great shaft, but could be the same issue for you--may just not be the ideal fit.

The Tour Chrome 2.0 65 S felt a little too soft for me compared to the previous generation Tour Chrome 65 S, and the dispersion was wider.  I was about to give up on the 2.0 until I tried the 75 S.  For some reason, the heavier shaft brought the dispersion tighter, and the ball speed was up by almost 2mph.  I had not thought of going with the heavier Chrome shaft, but the results were better than any other shaft I tried.  That is what I have in the bag now, and couldn't be happier.

• Like 2

Bought a 430 Max 10K Monday night, 10.5* with stock Alta CB Regular shaft.  The launch monitor said I was hitting my TSR1 driver (12*, Ventus TR Red 5R) a bit less than 180 yards.  The 10K gave 195 and 196.  I think that the Ventus might be too stout for my high 70's swing speed; or it may just be that I get along with butt weighted shafts better.  My last successful driver was a Ping G25, so I am back in Ping after trying to get a couple Titleist drivers to work last year after a fitting.

• Like 2
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

Thanks - I really appreciate the advice. I'll head to the range and play between the heavier weight and 10.5º vs 11.5º. If that doesn't work I may need to try some different shafts! I've been wondering if something in the Ventus family could be a good fit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gvogel said:

Bought a 430 Max 10K Monday night, 10.5* with stock Alta CB Regular shaft.  The launch monitor said I was hitting my TSR1 driver (12*, Ventus TR Red 5R) a bit less than 180 yards.  The 10K gave 195 and 196.  I think that the Ventus might be too stout for my high 70's swing speed; or it may just be that I get along with butt weighted shafts better.  My last successful driver was a Ping G25, so I am back in Ping after trying to get a couple Titleist drivers to work last year after a fitting.

Whoa...whoa....whoa, the last driver you hit decently was a G25 ? They made like 5-6 versions (including the GOAT) before the G430 and none of them worked ?

Feigned sarcasm alert. ☺

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ghostwedge said:

Whoa...whoa....whoa, the last driver you hit decently was a G25 ? They made like 5-6 versions (including the GOAT) before the G430 and none of them worked ?

Feigned sarcasm alert. ☺

I didn't bother spending money on a new driver because I liked the G25 so much.  And, I have a really good shaft in the G25; it says R, but it frequencied in between a R and a Stiff.  And no ovaling.

But I guess that as I have gotten older and have lost swing speed, I needed a new driver.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

TSR1 at 12* will surely spin more ( even with a Velo TR 5R ) and launch higher than a 10.5* G430 10K.

I have a TSi1 12* here for my wife and I tee it up once in a while in my Sim with my selection of several Titleist shafts ( I'm 95 +/- SS ), and I launch it really high.

I'm gaming a G430 Max 12* right now, but on the hunt for a 10K 12* -> had a 10K 10.5 briefly but I need more launch.  Really no complaints at all on my G430 12* and have been driving it great this season, but always curious to try the next best thing.  Titleist's newest GT2 11* will definitely be on order once it is ready to order from my fitter.

WITB for 2024  |  Titleist Hybrid-5 Stand Bag
Ping G430 Max 12*  |  Miyazaki Kusala Black 61X

Titleist TSR3 18* Fairway  |  Evenflow White 60S

Titleist TSR1 20* Hybrid |  Evenflow White 90S

Edel SMS Pro 5-PW |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Edel SMS GW & LW  |  Steelfiber i110cw-S

Putter  |  Mizuno OMOI-03 Nickel Finish, stock grip

Grips    |  All Clubs With CP2 Wrap Jumbo

Posted (edited)

Tested lots of head and shaft combos this spring. 10K is definitely not the longest, but I find it almost impossible to NOT hit this combo straight:

VA Composite Nemesys 55 Stage 4 (stiff) playing 45"

9 deg @ 8 Flat 

34g backweight (yes I know, probably not conforming)

Tour Velvet 360 Mid

SW 4.1

SS 100-108. Ball doesn't seem to move laterally at all. Staying in the bag despite giving up some ball speed to Ai Smoke line.

Edited by spokora
  • Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K Nemesys 55S

Callaway Ai Smoke 3w Nemesys 65S
Callaway Ai Smoke 3h Ventus HB Blue 7S
TaylorMade P790 '23 4i-AW DG 105 S300
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 54 SB, 58 HB KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
Toulon Las Vegas H7 Stroke Lab

Posted (edited)

I tried my buddies 425 Max 10.5 lofted down to the lowest settings, with the Tensei orange shaft stiff and my old Ping G SF Tec 10 degrees lofted down to the lowest settings with an Alta Cb regular. For some reason I really hit them better than my 10k. For some reason my shots are fadey and my bad shots are weak pull slices that has no distance on the 10k while on both G425 Max and G, even with the open face settings, I hit straight or pull draw shots. I have tried a few shaft combo and they were all the same. What could be the cause other than my lousy swing? lol I know I have a cut swing but for some reason the 10k, I can feel the head holding on and not turning over. Compared to the other drivers I have used, it is the least one that I can turn over. Even my wife's driver I can hit left. 

I love the feel and sound of the 10k but I do not like the shape. As good as it has been, I have lost a lot of yardage and sick of slicing. Too bad I wanted to keep this driver for a long time. It seems like its not gonna work. 

It seems like I am going back to the 425 or even the 400 Max lol 

Btw, I had my buddies try the 10k out and all of them went left with the 9 degree head with the small plus settings. 

Edited by msg

40 minutes ago, jetro110 said:

Dumb question buy anybody got any tips for getting tee marks off the bottom of this thing? This is the first driver I've had with a matte bottom and some mild soap and a dish sponge isn't really working.

A wet magic eraser 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Driver:  Titleist TSR3 9* Tensei AV Blue 6X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 13.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 4-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

On 6/5/2024 at 10:53 AM, gvogel said:

If you decide you want to ger rid of that Ventus Red with Titliest Tip.  Let me know. 

Titleist GT2 Autoflex Dream 7 SF405

Titleist GT2  5 and 7 FW  Denali Red 5.5

PING G430  5 hybrid Alta CB

PING I530 6-UW Recoil Dart 75
Vokey SM10 46/54/58   Scotty Cameron  Phantom 7.5 

6 hours ago, jetro110 said:

Dumb question buy anybody got any tips for getting tee marks off the bottom of this thing? This is the first driver I've had with a matte bottom and some mild soap and a dish sponge isn't really working.

Use soft plastic tee's. They're called Circus Tee's, indestructible, leave no marks and will bug your golf buddies.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghostwedge said:

Use soft plastic tee's. They're called Circus Tee's, indestructible, leave no marks and will bug your golf buddies.

I can't stand plastic tees. Not even sure why, but they bug me🤷🏻‍♂️😂 That being said, I have a couple buddies who use Martini tees. They've been using the same tee for 4 years. I always thought that was a strange business model. "Hey, buy my tee for 2 bucks. You'll only need one forever!!"

• Haha 1

A couple of rounds this weekend, and I think I figured out my shaft and dialed in the 10K. I really went through testing out on the course with all of the stock shafts other than the HZRDUS Red.

Tour AD HD 6S blends really well with the 10K for me, 9* small plus, 25g weight (D3). Turns the ball over well, without overcooking it. Hit a lot of fairways, even with some less than stellar swings.

I was initially a bit skeptical of the benefits of the 10K over the Max or LST, but I believe I am starting to see what it is capable of. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 11:04 AM, jt2gt said:

Here is HH and her <95 SS...with a review.  She's a good ballstriker, ended up with more distance with the 10K over the 430 Max.  BTW...anyone else a big fan.

Huge fan!! I’m a sucker for a woman with a British accent, however!

• Haha 1

WITB

Ping G430 Max 10K 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Titleist T100 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT White S300 Stiff

Titleist T150 4-PW Project X LZ 6.0 Stiff

Titleist T200 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Black S300 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 46-10F, 50-12F, 52-12F, 54-10S, 58-10S, 60-12D

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5 / 2023 Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Obviously the 10K is a great driver but it just didn’t work for me. I got a 430 Max at the end of last year and was driving it great but kept reading how wonderful the 10K is. I had to have the new toy. I just never found the magic with the 10 K and what makes it worse is I sold my Max to a buddy and he is hitting it really well. 
like a true WRXer I took advantage of the 2x trade in and have a Smoke Max on the way. I have realized as I get older that a little more spin helps me. Hopefully the Smoke works or it will be back with a 430 Max. Glad this driver is working so well for everyone. I love Ping Drivers. 

• Like 1

Pending 

Callaway Smoke Max HL Tensei Blue

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5