2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

9 hours ago, texcrom said:

Last round of golf was July 2023.

August 17th last year had lower back surgery (fusion L4-L5 and L5-S1). Then, February 8th had left hip replacement.

Since July, had not swung a club or hit a ball until a week ago when I took three swings in a simulator with a Blueprint S seven iron.

When you can’t play, you shop. Ended up with a new set of BP S, and moved from a G430 Max to the new 10K.

First swing with the 10K was on first tee. I thought the Original G430 Max was the best driver I had ever hit, but by the 5th hole the 10K had replaced it. 

After 11 months, if you told me I’d hit 12-14 fairways, I’d say no way. Two misses were in a fairway bunker, and then a double cross that was left of the fairway but in an open area.

Highly recommend this driver. The irons are pretty incredible also.

Now, if I can remember how to chip and putt….

Enough from me…I’m just happy to be playing again!! Enjoy your 10K!!

Welcome back! Most important thing is just to be back out there.

1 hour ago, gmyers22 said:

Obviously the 10K is a great driver but it just didn’t work for me. I got a 430 Max at the end of last year and was driving it great but kept reading how wonderful the 10K is. I had to have the new toy. I just never found the magic with the 10 K and what makes it worse is I sold my Max to a buddy and he is hitting it really well. 
like a true WRXer I took advantage of the 2x trade in and have a Smoke Max on the way. I have realized as I get older that a little more spin helps me. Hopefully the Smoke works or it will be back with a 430 Max. Glad this driver is working so well for everyone. I love Ping Drivers. 

Looks like you have the 9* 10K. Just so you know, the 10.5* 10K does play differently for me than the 9* 10K. I played one round this weekend with a 9* head, one round with a 10.5* head. Same shaft.

Even lofted up to 10 or 10.5*, the 9* head was lower launching and lower spin (but still in a good range for me).  The 10.5* at standard setting was very easy to hit and higher launching. As in, even without data, higher spinning. I am going to try the 10.5* dialed down a bit, but for now, the 9* dialed up a bit is it.

The G430 Max loft for loft, will simply be higher spinning than the 10K. Works for some, and not for others. Going to a 10.5* head could be your answer to enjoying the 10K, but nothing wrong of course with the G430 Max, Smoke Max, etc. Good luck.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready Raptor PN Putter

8 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

Welcome back! Most important thing is just to be back out there.

Looks like you have the 9* 10K. Just so you know, the 10.5* 10K does play differently for me than the 9* 10K. I played one round this weekend with a 9* head, one round with a 10.5* head. Same shaft.

Even lofted up to 10 or 10.5*, the 9* head was lower launching and lower spin (but still in a good range for me).  The 10.5* at standard setting was very easy to hit and higher launching. As in, even without data, higher spinning. I am going to try the 10.5* dialed down a bit, but for now, the 9* dialed up a bit is it.

The G430 Max loft for loft, will simply be higher spinning than the 10K. Works for some, and not for others. Going to a 10.5* head could be your answer to enjoying the 10K, but nothing wrong of course with the G430 Max, Smoke Max, etc. Good luck.

Yes I am playing the 9. I have lofted up and lofted down… maybe I should have tried the 10.5 and the way I go through clubs it may happen sooner than later! LOL!

• Like 1

Pending 

Callaway Smoke Max HL Tensei Blue

Apex UW 19 Mitsubishi MMT

Cobra TEC 4 Hybrid MitsubishiMMT Stiff

JPX Forged 5-G Steelfiber 95R

Callaway Jaws 54m and 58z

Mizuno OMOI #5

2 hours ago, gmyers22 said:

Obviously the 10K is a great driver but it just didn’t work for me. I got a 430 Max at the end of last year and was driving it great but kept reading how wonderful the 10K is. I had to have the new toy. I just never found the magic with the 10 K and what makes it worse is I sold my Max to a buddy and he is hitting it really well. 
like a true WRXer I took advantage of the 2x trade in and have a Smoke Max on the way. I have realized as I get older that a little more spin helps me. Hopefully the Smoke works or it will be back with a 430 Max. Glad this driver is working so well for everyone. I love Ping Drivers. 

What issues did you have with the 10k? I also have the 9 degree head and I could not make it work. My miss is a slice and it go worse with it. No matter what adjustments I did, I could not make it work. Then I tried a G400 or 425 Max, they were point and shoot. I can feel that I cannot turn the 10k over and never got comfortable with it. I played the 430 Max 9 degree and 10.5 last year and had no issues with them. 

In the last few games with the 10k, I was able to hit some nice fade drives with it, but the thought of one wrong move and ball goes way right was really bothering me. I never had that fear with the G, 400 and 425 when I was playing them. 

Edited by msg

5 minutes ago, msg said:

What issues did you have with the 10k? I also have the 9 degree head and I could not make it work. My miss is a slice and it go worse with it. No matter what adjustments I did, I could not make it work. Then I tried a G400 or 425 Max, they were point and shoot. I can feel that I cannot turn the 10k over and never got comfortable with it. I played the 430 Max 9 degree and 10.5 last year and had no issues with them. 

The 10k just didn’t work for ME. I developed a 2 way miss and very inconsistent strikes that I never had with the 430max.

I always played Low Spin heads for the last 25+ years but injuries and Age have caught up with me a little.  I still swing it right around 100 and thought the 10K would be perfect. I played a 410LST for a while that worked great, also played the 400 MAX that was really good. The 10K seemed really good at the range but could never bring it to the course. Just weird!

• Thanks 1

Pending 

Mizuno OMOI #5

11 hours ago, texcrom said:

Huge fan!! I’m a sucker for a woman with a British accent, however!

Any idea what that Alta shaft flex is ? She talks so fast I may have missed it.

Great looking swing btw. Super happy with my G430, didn't think my numbers would warrant checking out the 10k. They are close to her good strikes so now I have to buy a head. As usual I'm late to the Ping party. ☺

2 hours ago, Ghostwedge said:

Any idea what that Alta shaft flex is ? She talks so fast I may have missed it.

Great looking swing btw. Super happy with my G430, didn't think my numbers would warrant checking out the 10k. They are close to her good strikes so now I have to buy a head. As usual I'm late to the Ping party. ☺

She was using the stiff shaft. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msg said:

In the last few games with the 10k, I was able to hit some nice fade drives with it, but the thought of one wrong move and ball goes way right was really bothering me. I never had that fear with the G, 400 and 425 when I was playing them. 

I think many of us have struggled with turning over Ping drivers over the years. We know they like and use heavy heads, and it has an impact. On the flip side, when I have tried their SFT drivers, or put a moveable weight in the heel to encourage a draw, it overcooks it for me and I don't like those results either. And of course, the interplay between all of that and the shaft.

Finding the right balance can take some time, and I hope I have landed on the right balance for now for me.

• Like 1

Lost bag is set challenge. Quit smoking been a month after 24 years and as a gift to myself for money I’ve saved this month i bought the velocore plus blue 5s 2024 and I’ve never been more happy. That shaft im pretty sure is a literal cheat code with the 10k!!

Holy smokes ladies and gentlemen! What a difference it has made over my alta cb 55. 

The dispersions difference is almost unreal. I feel like i can’t miss! 

All you guys that said the velocore plus was the real deal you were not kidding it really is!!

• Like 3

On 6/10/2024 at 7:22 AM, gmyers22 said:

Also a true WRX'er I just picked up the TD Max to compare to my G430 10K  but with the Autoflex shaft

Titleist GT2 Autoflex Dream 7 SF405

Titleist GT2  5 and 7 FW  Denali Red 5.5

PING G430  5 hybrid Alta CB

PING I530 6-UW Recoil Dart 75
Vokey SM10 46/54/58   Scotty Cameron  Phantom 7.5 

8 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Also a true WRX'er I just picked up the TD Max to compare to my G430 10K  but with the Autoflex shaft

Loll. I played my ACCRA FX (Budget Autoflex) in my Max and it was wonderful but not as much in the 10K. I Hit upon the Driver so much and do not put a lot of spin on the ball so I went with the regular Smoke Max. If that doesn’t work probably going back to the 430 Max..🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Pending 

Mizuno OMOI #5

21 minutes ago, gmyers22 said:

Loll. I played my ACCRA FX (Budget Autoflex) in my Max and it was wonderful but not as much in the 10K. I Hit upon the Driver so much and do not put a lot of spin on the ball so I went with the regular Smoke Max. If that doesn’t work probably going back to the 430 Max..🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

I have the new Dream 7 in my G430 10K and hit has been awesome.  The  longest with it, might not be as long as the longest with the OG Auftoflex in the Standard TD.   But it's got a higher flight and generally a bit straighter. 

So the 3 finalist are 

PING G430 10K   Dream 7 Autoflex

Standard Triple Diamond  OG Autoflex

Triple Diamond Max    OG Autoflex (same shaft as above, just swapping it out) 

Then next month the GT 2 with Autoflex will likely be in the mix!

42 minutes ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

I have the new Dream 7 in my G430 10K and hit has been awesome.  The  longest with it, might not be as long as the longest with the OG Auftoflex in the Standard TD.   But it's got a higher flight and generally a bit straighter. 

So the 3 finalist are 

PING G430 10K   Dream 7 Autoflex

Standard Triple Diamond  OG Autoflex

Triple Diamond Max    OG Autoflex (same shaft as above, just swapping it out) 

Then next month the GT 2 with Autoflex will likely be in the mix!

Autoflex should hand you free golf trip to S Korea being a loyal customer.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, flushem said:

Autoflex should hand you free golf trip to S Korea being a loyal customer.  

LOL...I was skeptical when I first herd about them as to whether they could be worth the money.  But having tried both the OG and the Dream 7, I am fully convinced they  more so than any clubhead can provide the extra distance.   There is a bit of a learning curve to them, if you are an aggressive swinger which I am, now don't confuse aggressive with fast.   Ha    But I've been working on a 3 second pause at the top of my back swing and when I accomplsih that, the shaft can be magical. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

LOL...I was skeptical when I first herd about them as to whether they could be worth the money.  But having tried both the OG and the Dream 7, I am fully convinced they  more so than any clubhead can provide the extra distance.   There is a bit of a learning curve to them, if you are an aggressive swinger which I am, now don't confuse aggressive with fast.   Ha    But I've been working on a 3 second pause at the top of my back swing and when I accomplsih that, the shaft can be magical. 

I could not agree more. Just had a buddy convert as well. Autoflex + 10k has been just a magical setup. Worth every penny. 

• Like 1

Played my first round with the 10k last night. 9 holes during league and put 3 bad swings on it and missed the fairway 2 times and one of the misses was by a few feet.  I was able to hit a nice soft draw and it was looooooong.  Really really happy so far.

• Like 2

WITB

Ping G430 10K 10.5º w/ Diamana 

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Driving Iron: Srixon U85 w/ Recoil

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

On 6/9/2024 at 8:42 PM, jeffrey r said:

Tour AD HD 6S blends really well with the 10K for me, 9* small plus, 25g weight (D3). Turns the ball over well, without overcooking it. Hit a lot of fairways, even with some less than stellar swings.

Yep, I am quoting myself... Did more testing, and I am going to modify my specs for the time being. 9* 10K, big plus, 23g weight (D2). The 25g weight (D3) did not seem to be helping me. It obviously increases SW, and it increases MOI, but it also seemed to increase spin and launch. Over the course of a couple of rounds, I just seem to groove the slightly lower weight better than the higher. And the 10.5* head at 10.5* launches noticeably higher than the 9* head lofted up to 10.5*. 

Moral of the story, don't be afraid of playing around with a lower back weight (mind you, IIRC, the head came stock with a 29g or 31g weight, obviously not tailored to my Tour AD shaft, but very heavy in and of itself).

Dialed in, I am now finding the 10K a good bit better for me than the G430 Max. But it definitely took some effort to dial in with shafts, weights, lofts, etc. YMMV. 

• Like 2

The stock Alta shafts fit me really well, so I haven’t felt the need to explore the aftermarket world. 

I’m playing the 10k 9 deg at small +, and am driving the ball better than I ever have. The club feels really familiar because I’ve been playing the 400 Max the past few years. Really straight, which is great for me because I don’t try to work the ball right or left, & definitely a little longer.

As I mentioned in another thread, the Alta CB Black (R flex) feels a little firmer to me than the same model that was in the 400, & I like that.

I do have an Alta Distanza 40R from the 400, may have to grab a 430 adapter & see how it works. I tried it with varying degrees of success with the 400.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10k 9.0 - Alta CB 55 R 

Ping G400 5 wood - Alta CB 65 R

PIng G425 Max 7 wood - Alta CB 65 R

Mizuno CLK hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 70 R

Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi 23 & 26 - Recoil ESX R

Maltby TS1 IM 7-GW - Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap R

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54/12 - Rotex 70 wedge flex

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58/06- Rotex 70 wedge flex

Odyessey Eleven Tour Lined

Well, I played my first game without my 10k since March this year. Unfortunately, I don't think the driver is not for everyone. I have been a Ping loyalist since G20 series and all of them worked for me. Except the 10k. Too bad it was my 40th bday gift from the wife. lol. I put the G400 Max in play today and my drives came back like nothing happened. My drives with the 10k were spinny fades that went no where. 220 average as per Shot Scope. G400 Max went 260 average, straight. Hit 89% fairways. To be fair, I was hitting lots of fairways too with the 10k but I lost so much distance from it. I gave it three months and I had enough. To be fair, when I tried it I was never really fitted and I was not swinging it well that time. I just wish that it was a different outcome. I also tried to do some research and for some reason, some people did experience what I experienced. Not a lot but there were some. 

I love the feel and sound and I can really feel the forgiveness and stability. But for some reason I cannot turn the club head over. I guess I will come back to the G430 Max or wait for the next version of the G drivers. I'll stick to my beat up G400 Max for now. lol 

I don't know what to feel about this. I thought I have fixed my swing issues. Apparently, give me an ill fitting driver and my swing is just as bad as before. 

11 hours ago, msg said:

Well, I played my first game without my 10k since March this year. Unfortunately, I don't think the driver is not for everyone. I have been a Ping loyalist since G20 series and all of them worked for me. Except the 10k. Too bad it was my 40th bday gift from the wife. lol. I put the G400 Max in play today and my drives came back like nothing happened. My drives with the 10k were spinny fades that went no where. 220 average as per Shot Scope. G400 Max went 260 average, straight. Hit 89% fairways. To be fair, I was hitting lots of fairways too with the 10k but I lost so much distance from it. I gave it three months and I had enough. To be fair, when I tried it I was never really fitted and I was not swinging it well that time. I just wish that it was a different outcome. I also tried to do some research and for some reason, some people did experience what I experienced. Not a lot but there were some. 

I love the feel and sound and I can really feel the forgiveness and stability. But for some reason I cannot turn the club head over. I guess I will come back to the G430 Max or wait for the next version of the G drivers. I'll stick to my beat up G400 Max for now. lol 

I don't know what to feel about this. I thought I have fixed my swing issues. Apparently, give me an ill fitting driver and my swing is just as bad as before. 

If you lost that much distance the driver obviously (as is spec'd) doesn't fit your swing. Weight kits are cheap and that beat up old G400 will.make you more coin  than a good after market shaft and weight kit would cost.

11 hours ago, msg said:

Apparently, give me an ill fitting driver and my swing is just as bad as before.

Yup.

That is likely the only thing that could cause your "wipey fade" 40 yard difference.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 hour ago, Ghostwedge said:

If you lost that much distance the driver obviously (as is spec'd) doesn't fit your swing. Weight kits are cheap and that beat up old G400 will.make you more coin  than a good after market shaft and weight kit would cost.

Yeah I could have really gone into a 

more extensive fitting to spec it up. In the past I got lucky with playing Ping max heads with the stiff Alta Cb with 9 degree heads without really getting fit. But not this time. Lesson learned, always get fit. lol

Edited by msg

My G430 Max 10K was backordered and finally showed up a few days ago.  Played 18 with it next day and fairly pleased but may need a little operator tweaking to get the most out of it.  Tough right now as I'm playing with a bad back and having a tough time getting to my left side but it seems to launch quite high.  I was fitted with 9* set to small+ but turned it back down to 9 and still seems to get plenty of launch.  I love the feel and sound of it and every strike seems to be in the same area, a little high on the toe, so maybe I need to go to the range and play with my setup and tee height ? It seems to be a straighter driver, for me, than my previous driver and a friend pointed out that my setup is a little inconsistent which doesn't help.  I have the Tour Black 65S shaft in it and my SS is 100. Hoping to try it again in the next few days. 

3 hours ago, msg said:

Yeah I could have really gone into a 

more extensive fitting to spec it up. In the past I got lucky with playing Ping max heads with the stiff Alta Cb with 9 degree heads without really getting fit. But not this time. Lesson learned, always get fit. lol

As I alluded to above, I found the 10K really takes some effort to fit properly. But once dialed in, I am finding it to be an exceptional driver.

I have played the G400 Max, 410, 425, 430 (Max and LST), and now the 10K. I have a bunch of shafts with this adapter. I fit myself on the course over the past couple of weeks. I landed on the Tour AD HD, which had not really been a great pairing with the 430 Max or LST. I have been bouncing between small plus and big plus, and believe I have now landed on the small plus. 23g weight for D2 (I have tried heavier).

Case in point, on two holes today that I have played a ton of times (coincidentally, holes 1 and 10), I was further down the fairway than I have ever been. The 10K was crushing it today, and it is straighter for me than the 430 Max, and noticeably more forgiving than the 430 LST. In that regard, it can be (properly fit) the best of all of the heads in one.

Side note—I do not have any of the 410, 425 or other 430 heads around anymore, but I will never get rid of my G400 Max heads. If I had these same shafts with the G400 adapter, who knows what I would see with the G400 Max. The 10K is it for now, though. YMMV.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

As I alluded to above, I found the 10K really takes some effort to fit properly. But once dialed in, I am finding it to be an exceptional driver.

I have played the G400 Max, 410, 425, 430 (Max and LST), and now the 10K. I have a bunch of shafts with this adapter. I fit myself on the course over the past couple of weeks. I landed on the Tour AD HD, which had not really been a great pairing with the 430 Max or LST. I have been bouncing between small plus and big plus, and believe I have now landed on the small plus. 23g weight for D2 (I have tried heavier).

Case in point, on two holes today that I have played a ton of times (coincidentally, holes 1 and 10), I was further down the fairway than I have ever been. The 10K was crushing it today, and it is straighter for me than the 430 Max, and noticeably more forgiving than the 430 LST. In that regard, it can be (properly fit) the best of all of the heads in one.

Side note—I do not have any of the 410, 425 or other 430 heads around anymore, but I will never get rid of my G400 Max heads. If I had these same shafts with the G400 adapter, who knows what I would see with the G400 Max. The 10K is it for now, though. YMMV.

100% agree. I may give the 10k another shot, in the off season. We have a short summer and I have already wasted the first two months with the wrong set up. But I know when dialed in, it's gonna beat the 400 Max. I'll stick with the max for now.

And with the G400 Max, I think I have owned like 11 of them, different shafts, not one let me down. There's just something about this model that just fits me so well.

Edited by msg
  • Like 2

I’ve been tinkering.  Really have it dialed in right now.  I put my Ventus Black 6X in, 25g back weight, and small +.  

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus TR Blue 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X

Ping G430 3H, Ventus HB Blue 9X

Ping i230 4i DG S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k Seven CH

Ping Hoofer Lite

16 hours ago, msg said:

100% agree. I may give the 10k another shot, in the off season. We have a short summer and I have already wasted the first two months with the wrong set up. But I know when dialed in, it's gonna beat the 400 Max. I'll stick with the max for now.

And with the G400 Max, I think I have owned like 11 of them, different shafts, not one let me down. There's just something about this model that just fits me so well.

You're definitely not alone on that one

• Like 1

Yadi for President

15 hours ago, Hougz79 said:

I’ve been tinkering.  Really have it dialed in right now.  I put my Ventus Black 6X in, 25g back weight, and small +.  

I had another great round today with the 10K. This is a game-changer driver once dialed in.

9* small plus is ideal for me as well (23g weight)—big plus is a bit too much launch and spin, and turns the ball over too much.