2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

2024 PING 10K Driver Info

ShortSticks

On 6/10/2024 at 8:00 PM, T626G said:

Lost bag is set challenge. Quit smoking been a month after 24 years and as a gift to myself for money I’ve saved this month i bought the velocore plus blue 5s 2024 and I’ve never been more happy. That shaft im pretty sure is a literal cheat code with the 10k!!

Holy smokes ladies and gentlemen! What a difference it has made over my alta cb 55. 

The dispersions difference is almost unreal. I feel like i can’t miss! 

All you guys that said the velocore plus was the real deal you were not kidding it really is!!

Just wanted to give a little update on this. On Sunday I had the furthest drive of my life, some wind at my back maybe 15mph but 300 right down the pipe!  Never in my life have i ever came close to that. 

currently that shaft i average anywhere from 260-280 and that really is No bs! That shaft is a dream. With my Alta cb55 i was 240-260 on my best days. 

had one of the rangers pick it up and wiggle it around and he was absolutely blown away that he was holding a stiff shaft because of how much visible play it had. 

i really cant talk this shaft up enough. Definitely selling my alta cb55 that’s for sure! 

Edited by T626G
Words
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, T626G said:

Just wanted to give a little update on this. On Sunday I had the furthest drive of my life, some wind at my back maybe 15mph but 300 right down the pipe!  Never in my life have i ever came close to that. 

currently that shaft i average anywhere from 260-280 and that really is No bs! That shaft is a dream. With my Alta cb55 i was 240-260 on my best days. 

had one of the rangers pick it up and wiggle it around and he was absolutely blown away that he was holding a stiff shaft because of how much visible play it had. 

i really cant talk this shaft up enough. Definitely selling my alta cb55 that’s for sure! 

Out of curiosity, what is your swing speed?

On 6/13/2024 at 11:44 PM, WasatchBogey said:

I’m playing the 10k 9 deg at small +, and am driving the ball better than I ever have.

I just got the 10K in 9* also. Only been to the range three times and seems to be much easier for me to keep it straight/ slight fade ball flight on the 9*Flat setting. This being my first ping driver I’m hoping to enjoy it for years to come. I was fitted into the Alta CB55 stiff. Coming from an older Srixon driver my miss has been left typically. Can’t wait to take the 10K on the course soon and see how it does for me. I haven’t had a lot of confidence in driver for a long time. 

• Like 1

Update: Finally got to take the 10K to the course today for an emergency front 9. Playing one in front of the tips, I had two of the longest drives for me ever. I hit 5/7 fairways. Of the two misses one was just 5yards or so off the fairway, the other was bombed OB because I was taking a chance on a hazard, lol!  I know more data will be needed to complete the test for me, but for what it's worth I am at least 17yards further average distance. I am not sure how exactly far I was carrying the ball but damn was it nice to be 9iron to PW and Gap into greens today! Looks like I may need to play a little further back but not get too carried away. The head feels so right for me, maybe it's what I've been needing all along. It's on the standard flat setting at 9* loft, I had a consistent straight to small fade ball flight, no more left duck hooks or sweeping left side OB balls! In the Alta55CB shaft, it is taken me a little to get used to swinging a lot slower, but I feel it is for the better. Furthest drive for me today was 292 about 15yards longer than I have ever hit a golf ball in 20years of playing! Tee height seems crucial to getting it right also, not too high, but just right and you're in the center of the face with zero effort. This driver will stay in my bag for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ghostwedge said:

Up against ?

I've been gaming the Tour Chrome 2.0 which has been the most reliable/longest.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

I’d like to hear from anyone that has tried the HZRDUS Red Smoke RDX with this head. I have a quick transition and this shaft is a great match for me. 

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

GP Side Saddle Broomstick, 45"

1 hour ago, sm_watts said:

I’d like to hear from anyone that has tried the HZRDUS Red Smoke RDX with this head. I have a quick transition and this shaft is a great match for me. 

I play the HZRDUS Red 60s in my 10K and love it. So much so I reshafted my 3 wood and hybrids with the HZRDUS red also and love it in those too.

I am about 100-103mph swingspeed with the driver with a quick transition and have always favored stiff handle profiles like the Ventus Red and Ventus TR Red and my all time favorite the Graphite Design DJ. I did have to drop the weight in the back from the 28g stock to a 25g to get it down from D5 to D3. After that it has been great.

3 hours ago, sm_watts said:

I really liked the feel, but the dispersion was all over the map for me, even with the 25g weight. It felt very similar to the Tour Chrome 2.0 - maybe a bit livelier in the kick department. It's definitely a great shaft!

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  - Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping i230 5-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

i think last night was my 4th round... missed 1 fairway and that was because of a terrible swing... i haven't played with the settings in any way but will do that soon.  This is a fantastic driver

• Like 2

WITB

Ping G430 10K 10.5º w/ Diamana 

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Driving Iron: Srixon U85 w/ Recoil

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

...that is SO COOL, NICE PING 👍

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

So with my head weighing 204g, before I mess with head weight (since I assume the head is engineered with a 200-205g head in mind) I am going to try a Ventus 5x shaft. I just ordered a new Black+ 5x (amongst others) and will probably tip it about 3/4" to 1" to get the tip flex a little stiffer since it plays similar to a stiff+. With my typical 65-70g shaft + midsize grip + the extra head weight (I'm used to about 196-198g) I think it's a touch heavy overall. If going lighter w/o losing stiffness doesn't net the results I'm after, I might drop back to a std size grip but add tape layers.

For the life of me, I just can't turn this thing over consistently. Weird problem but it just wants to go straight as hell with a little bit of fade to it.

G430 10k 10.5* Flat | Ventus Blue TR 6X 45"

BRNR Mini 11.5* -> 12.5* | Ventus Blue TR 7X 43.5"

Stealth 2 Plus 18* Weight Back | Accra FX 2.0 380 M5 42"

TSR2 21* -> 22.5* | Ventus TR Blue 8X 41"

ZX7 Mk ii 5-PW | Axiom 125x

S159 51/11, 56/10, 60/8

Chrome Soft X or Bridgestone B X

Mezz Max

I’m a constant tinkerer and wanted to try lighter with my 10k, so this is what I tried today. 10.5° 10k on small plus with R Alta CB shaft. Driver shortened to 44 1/2” playing length. 8g butt weight the Alta shaft comes with removed from shaft. Went back to the standard 28g back weight. Installed a Golf Pride Tour Velvet Lite grip (42g). Used foot spray and was finding center of face fairly consistently. I’m 70 and my swing speed is around 95mph with the driver and with this setup I was hitting it very consistent with a baby draw and the ball was carrying further then any other setup I’ve tried. I’m curious to get it on  the course tomorrow for real world testing. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JamesFisher1990 said:

So with my head weighing 204g, before I mess with head weight (since I assume the head is engineered with a 200-205g head in mind) I am going to try a Ventus 5x shaft. I just ordered a new Black+ 5x (amongst others) and will probably tip it about 3/4" to 1" to get the tip flex a little stiffer since it plays similar to a stiff+. With my typical 65-70g shaft + midsize grip + the extra head weight (I'm used to about 196-198g) I think it's a touch heavy overall. If going lighter w/o losing stiffness doesn't net the results I'm after, I might drop back to a std size grip but add tape layers.

For the life of me, I just can't turn this thing over consistently. Weird problem but it just wants to go straight as hell with a little bit of fade to it.

Golf is a funny game. I can't cut or fade this driver. Ever. And, that's all I used to do with my LS heads of the past. Every shot now is a high draw, or straight as an arrow. I'm using the same shaft that I've used in my last 3 drivers, a Ventus Blue 6S. Standard length, no tipping.

Just picked up a 9* head and will throw my Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 60 Stiff in it. I Am playing 18 tomorrow and cannot wait to see the results out on the course. I've only tested it twice on an indoor sim but it is wild how stable this head is. My "married, mid-30's guy with a kid" bag is finally set lol. 

• Like 3

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9*

3 Wood -  Ping G430 Max 15*

3 Utility -  TaylorMade Sim 2 19.5*

Irons - Srixon Z-785 4-PW

Wedges - Titleist Vokey 50*+54*+58*

Putter - L.A.B Golf DF3 35"

Ball - TaylorMade TP5 Yellow/Pix

9 hours ago, JermWRX said:

Golf is a funny game. I can't cut or fade this driver. Ever. And, that's all I used to do with my LS heads of the past. Every shot now is a high draw, or straight as an arrow. I'm using the same shaft that I've used in my last 3 drivers, a Ventus Blue 6S. Standard length, no tipping.

sounds like one hell of complaint(?)

35 minutes ago, sociojeje said:

Ahh.. I didn't find 425max and 430max noticeably better than my 410plus. 430max was a bit disappointing except the sound. Haven't tried 10k yet but feel like it is about time... 

I played all of those. I think the 10K is a good bit better than all of them. Once dialed in, it is pretty phenomenal. I did not love the 410 Plus, and the 425 Max just felt and sounded so bad. The 430 Max is solid, but the 10K is the total package. 

I have fine-tuned my 10K slightly, by going to the small plus/flat setting. I was prone to slightly more draw bias than I like (just slight). I think the flat setting straightens that out for me and allows me to swing a bit freer without fear of over-cooking it.

• Like 3

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* Driver, GD Tour AD HD-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Epic Flash TC 5 Wood, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Taylormade Qi Irons 6-AW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

PXG Battle Ready Raptor PN Putter

23 hours ago, von3jack said:

Just picked up a 9* head and will throw my Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 60 Stiff in it. I Am playing 18 tomorrow and cannot wait to see the results out on the course. I've only tested it twice on an indoor sim but it is wild how stable this head is. My "married, mid-30's guy with a kid" bag is finally set lol. 

This is where I’m at too 😂 33, two kids, minimal sleep and one good knee.

Switched from my LST and I avg 2 more fairways a round in my last three rounds than my last three rounds with the LST. My distance and ball flight hasn’t hanged either which is pretty cool. The head shape took a little getting used to with tee height and alignment.

5 hours ago, golferdude54 said:

What's the flattest it can sit and can you make it flatter without changing the face angle? Ideally I would like it to sit square at the flattest setting but nowhere online does it say it follows that set of criteria so I'm asking personal owners.

Any of the flat settings gets you roughly 3° flatter than standard lie without changing face angle. If find the toe sits much less up on flat setting that the toe appears more open. 

IMG_1918.jpeg

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x #38

12 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

Any of the flat settings gets you roughly 3° flatter than standard lie without changing face angle. If find the toe sits much less up on flat setting that the toe appears more open. 

IMG_1918.jpeg

“Up to 3 degrees.” I would take that to mean if you put it in the standard loft setting, you get the flattest lie, while in the - or + setting you get slightly less flat. Wouldn’t you think that’s the case, when you look at the angle of the sleeve? And the angle of the sleeve being less bent at the - and + should also affect face angle?