Help Me Plan My Nova Scotia Trip For 2025

EmperorPenguin

I decided to host three of my guests for a few days to Nova Scotia just to see what this Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs are all about.  I saw the amazing pictures of Cabot Cliffs on the other thread, and I decided that I must check out this course.  Here is where I need some help from you guys because I have never played golf in Canada before, and come to think of it, I do not think any of my guests have ever played north of the border, too.  I suppose that the Cabot courses are such that I should book a year in advance, so it is wise to start planning early.

My plan for now is to travel to the Cape Breton area and play two rounds at Cabot Cliffs and either one or two rounds at Cabot Links, and if perhaps throw in a quick round at The Nest.  I think I will want to stay there for about four or five days.  I see on the website that they have some guest cottages I can rent, so maybe a four-bedroom cottage will be perfect for us.  I see that in the guest cottages each bedroom has a king-size bed, so for now I have not yet decided if I should invite the guys only or to host their wives as well.  For now I think I will just want this to be a guys' trip.  Maybe allow my guests to bring their wives at their expense.

When is the best time to go?  I heard that the best time would be late August through early September.  I want the weather to be as good as possible, with no rain or wind.  I do not care if the fees go up because I want the best weather for me and my guests.

One point of concern is what to do after golf.  I understand that the town of Inverness is just a small town with little to do.  If this is true, maybe this golfing experience will be much like playing in Bandon?  By that I mean having the magnificent courses and superb resort, but aside from that there is nothing else.  Is there another nearby destination city to consider if I am looking for something else more interesting than the resort at Cabot?

Another question concerns whether or not to play a second round at Cabot Links.  Is Cabot Links worth playing a second round when compared to its majestic big brother Cabot Cliffs?  I reckon that Cliffs is so amazing it warrants playing a second round there, but not sure about Links.  For those of you who have been there, kindly respond to this thread and give us your opinion.

What about air transportation?  I understand that I can fly Air Canada from San Francisco to Montreal, and then Air Canada Express to Sydney Airport.  People say that they regret flying into Halifax because the drive from the airport to Cabot is long--maybe four hours?  This is why I would fly in closer.

I admit that I am a total newbie at this because I have never been to Canada before, but I am willing to heed the advice from others who have had.  Share with me your knowledge.

16 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

I decided to host three of my guests for a few days to Nova Scotia just to see what this Cabot Links and Cabot Cliffs are all about.  I saw the amazing pictures of Cabot Cliffs on the other thread, and I decided that I must check out this course.  Here is where I need some help from you guys because I have never played golf in Canada before, and come to think of it, I do not think any of my guests have ever played north of the border, too.  I suppose that the Cabot courses are such that I should book a year in advance, so it is wise to start planning early.

My plan for now is to travel to the Cape Breton area and play two rounds at Cabot Cliffs and either one or two rounds at Cabot Links, and if perhaps throw in a quick round at The Nest.  I think I will want to stay there for about four or five days.  I see on the website that they have some guest cottages I can rent, so maybe a four-bedroom cottage will be perfect for us.  I see that in the guest cottages each bedroom has a king-size bed, so for now I have not yet decided if I should invite the guys only or to host their wives as well.  For now I think I will just want this to be a guys' trip.  Maybe allow my guests to bring their wives at their expense.

When is the best time to go?  I heard that the best time would be late August through early September.  I want the weather to be as good as possible, with no rain or wind.  I do not care if the fees go up because I want the best weather for me and my guests.

One point of concern is what to do after golf.  I understand that the town of Inverness is just a small town with little to do.  If this is true, maybe this golfing experience will be much like playing in Bandon?  By that I mean having the magnificent courses and superb resort, but aside from that there is nothing else.  Is there another nearby destination city to consider if I am looking for something else more interesting than the resort at Cabot?

Another question concerns whether or not to play a second round at Cabot Links.  Is Cabot Links worth playing a second round when compared to its majestic big brother Cabot Cliffs?  I reckon that Cliffs is so amazing it warrants playing a second round there, but not sure about Links.  For those of you who have been there, kindly respond to this thread and give us your opinion.

What about air transportation?  I understand that I can fly Air Canada from San Francisco to Montreal, and then Air Canada Express to Sydney Airport.  People say that they regret flying into Halifax because the drive from the airport to Cabot is long--maybe four hours?  This is why I would fly in closer.

I admit that I am a total newbie at this because I have never been to Canada before, but I am willing to heed the advice from others who have had.  Share with me your knowledge.

Cabot Cliffs has better instagram pictures. Cabot links is a better golf course. My opinion at least. 

I wouldn't bother traveling there without playing at least 36 on each. 

It is extremely isolated. Yes, think similar to Bandon but probably even more so. And with fewer dining options than Bandon. 

The 4 bedroom cottages are probably the best for what you're looking for, however be warned they are not that close to the main clubhouse and restaurants - they are about a 5-10 minute drive away and there is NOTHING else close to the cottages. They are planning a new clubhouse and restaurant up there but as of now the cottages are very isolated.

Travel wise yes, Halifax is a bit far - about 3.5 to 4 hours (I probably sped too much and made it in 3.5).

I would vote for August if you're trying to get the most out of the weather. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  I am hoping that there is a nearby city we can hang around in, but I guess there are some nature walks for us.  I will look to see what we can do outside golf.

Fewer dining options?  I saw somewhere that there is excellent seafood, but one of my guests hate seafood.  I suppose there is a steakhouse nearby?

13 minutes ago, EmperorPenguin said:

Thanks for the reply.  I am hoping that there is a nearby city we can hang around in, but I guess there are some nature walks for us.  I will look to see what we can do outside golf.

Fewer dining options?  I saw somewhere that there is excellent seafood, but one of my guests hate seafood.  I suppose there is a steakhouse nearby?

There is no "city". The town of Inverness per google has a population of about 1300 people. You're on an isolated island that is mostly known for its nature (and nowadays, its golf)

Dining wise the resort only really has 3 restaurants - the bar (very small, limited seating), Panorama (the "nice" restaurant), and Whit's public house. The food at Whit's was so bad I would not recommend it to anyone. And yes the dining is very seafood heavy. 

Outside of the resort owned restaurants, there are limited options nearby. 

I don't mean to sound overly discouraging, but in my opinion while the golf is excellent, the resort has a long way to go. It is miles behind Bandon or Sand Valley. I have done a lot of golf travel and Cabot is probably the only place I've been that I am not itching to get back to ASAP.

It is just too far a journey for me for only 2 courses and the rest of the experience lacking. 

• Confused 1

I am going to agree. The resort is pretty basic all things to consider. Mind you I was there last just after Covid and they were short staffed. I do think they will typically be short staffed, given the short season and no local population to draw from. 

The course are wonderful. Play 36 on each. 

Edited by 2bGood

Gosh, if Cabot is so isolated and there is absolutely nothing to do, I do not see the point of hanging around there for too long.  My past trips have been in Scotland, and the best thing about playing golf there is that most of the golf courses are near some town or city where there is something else to do.  This is why I have yet to play Bandon because there is nothing else to do.  If Cabot is worse, it is quite discouraging.

Since there is nothing to do there, I guess the most sensible option is to play two 36-hole days.  Breakfast, maybe play Links, then lunch, then Cliffs, then dinner, sleep and repeat the next day.  Do the golf course clubhouses have a clubhouse grill, or are they limited only to just Panorama and the bar?

I assume that the resort has a complimentary breakfast service?

I need to ask for clarification about the resort.  The guest cottages are the resort, or is there a hotel at Cabot with ordinary guest rooms, and the guest cottages are an extra lodging option for us?

For those of you who have played Bandon, I must ask: is Cabot Cliffs prettier than any course at Bandon?  I thought that Pacific Dunes would be a major contender.  The reason why I ask this is because the people I have talked to who have played Cabot Cliffs all say it is the prettiest course they have ever seen.  I have seen the pictures of Cliffs on the other thread and I must say that I am quite impressed.  Looks on par with the majestic beauty of Pebble Beach.  So far, the prettiest courses I have been to are Pebble Beach Golf Links, Turnberry Ailsa (especially Hole #9), and North Berwick.

10 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

Gosh, if Cabot is so isolated and there is absolutely nothing to do, I do not see the point of hanging around there for too long.  My past trips have been in Scotland, and the best thing about playing golf there is that most of the golf courses are near some town or city where there is something else to do.  This is why I have yet to play Bandon because there is nothing else to do.  If Cabot is worse, it is quite discouraging.

Since there is nothing to do there, I guess the most sensible option is to play two 36-hole days.  Breakfast, maybe play Links, then lunch, then Cliffs, then dinner, sleep and repeat the next day.  Do the golf course clubhouses have a clubhouse grill, or are they limited only to just Panorama and the bar?

I need to ask for clarification about the resort.  The guest cottages are the resort, or is there a hotel at Cabot with ordinary guest rooms, and the guest cottages are an extra lodging option for us?

yes the resort has ordinary guest rooms. Not a lot of them but they have them. 

lol breakfast is not complimentary it was I think 27 dollars. And not very. good

neither course has a true “clubhouse” - meaning no locker rooms or dining/bar/etc - they just have smallish pro shops and there is no additional dining at either. 

i would literally rate every single Bandon course above the Cabot courses. 

Especially given where you live, it’s nuts to go to Cabot if you’ve never even done Bandon 

Edited by ND2005
  • Confused 1

I disagree with the "nothing to do" - there is plenty to do.  I also disagree with the places to eat.  You do have to travel - but there are lots of places.

To answer some questions:  Cabot Links is worth a 2nd round for sure.  I found it to be a very interesting course and really enjoyed it.  I played it 2x and wish I had played it again.

Yes - if you fly into Sydney it is better.

Best time - I guess based on your criteria, mid summer is going to be best- July.  But personally, the best time to go to NS is during Celtic Colors - there is not much better anywhere.  But you do have chance of rain and cooler.  There is music and activities everywhereeveryday.

As far as things to do:  There are plenty of microbrews, lobster dinners, music at Red Shoe or other, whisky tasting, go out for hikes, go look at the stars/n lights if able, fishing, go look for wildlife (moose).  

Obviously if there is no seafood preferences, then I suggest you tell those people to go buy groceries and cook their own food!! 🙂  Seriously - there are plenty of options.  Glenora has a good pub (see below).

Anyways...being brutally honest...if you are a lame SOB that doesn't enjoy anything except the golf, then sorry...can't help you. But if you are open to different experiences, there is more than enough to do.

Distillers Burger* … 6 oz char-grilled burger on a toasted roll with house made dark and stormy aioli, lettuce, tomato, pickle, smoked cheddar and whisky infused bacon. 21

Falafel Burger* … Crispy fried falafel on a toasted artisan bun with roasted red pepper spread, lettuce, tomato and house pickled red onion. 19 (V)

Strip loin Steak* … 10 oz hand cut AAA New York strip loin served with Prosciutto wrapped asparagus, herbed mashed and a green peppercorn sauce. 43

Cape Breton Smash Cakes* … A twist on traditional potato fish cakes made with salt cod and poached haddock with a side of green tomato chow. 19 (GF)

Fiddler’s Fish and Chips … 8 oz English style ale battered haddock with fresh cut fries, lemon wedge, house made tartar sauce and slaw. 23

Chicken a la king A Cajun style chicken chowder with shrimp, peas, potato and topped with puff pastry. 20

Pan Seared HalibutLocal hand cut halibut with succotash, pea puree, prosciutto wrapped asparagus and a twist of lemon. 39 (GF)

Grilled Chicken and Pesto Penne … Herb marinated chicken atop a fragrant pesto sauce. 22

Smoked Salmon Linguine … Smoked maple salmon served with a creamy dill alfredo. 22

Tomato Zucchini LinguineGrilled balsamic tofu atop cherry tomatoes and zucchini seared in a tomato pesto sauce. 20 (V)

36 minutes ago, EmperorPenguin said:

For those of you who have played Bandon, I must ask: is Cabot Cliffs prettier than any course at Bandon?  I thought that Pacific Dunes would be a major contender.  The reason why I ask this is because the people I have talked to who have played Cabot Cliffs all say it is the prettiest course they have ever seen.  I have seen the pictures of Cliffs on the other thread and I must say that I am quite impressed.  Looks on par with the majestic beauty of Pebble Beach.  So far, the prettiest courses I have been to are Pebble Beach Golf Links, Turnberry Ailsa (especially Hole #9), and North Berwick.

I guess I’m piling on here/being a contrarian 

I have played about 15 Coore/Crenshaw courses and Cabot Cliffs is my LEAST favorite of them all. 

It is objectively a beautiful golf course but it is also just not a fun course. Overly penal and at the mercy of the conditions. I hit one of the most well struck shots of my life on #16 and the ball is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean because of the ridiculous hole set up.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ND2005 said:

I guess I’m piling on here/being a contrarian 

I have played about 15 Coore/Crenshaw courses and Cabot Cliffs is my LEAST favorite of them all. 

It is objectively a beautiful golf course but it is also just not a fun course. Overly penal and at the mercy of the conditions. I hit one of the most well struck shots of my life on #16 and the ball is somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean because of the ridiculous hole set up.

"contrarion" is the last word I would use for these comments.  

On 10/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, EmperorPenguin said:

On 10/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, EmperorPenguin said:

No Breakfast is at full rate

Yes there are hotels rooms. They nice enough, nothing super fancy but very similar to other resort courses I have been too. 

On 10/8/2023 at 7:17 PM, EmperorPenguin said:

I have played Bandon courses about 60 times, Pebble a few times, all over Ireland and Scotland. You get the idea.

I would put Cliffs right up there with some of the nicest courses I have played and Links is also a great course. I am a Westcoaster, so it is a big trip to Cabot and I found it worth doing. 

I would say, if you avoided Bandon because there not enough to do there.... Cabot is not for you. What I love about Bandon  isit is all about Golf. Cabot is the same deal, but not nearly as well developed. It is a great place to hang out with some golf nuts though. 

FYI here is where it falls on the rankings - https://golf.com/travel/courses/best-public-golf-courses-top-100-you-can-play-2020-21/

Edited by 2bGood
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2023 at 10:17 PM, EmperorPenguin said:

Late to the thread, so I'll answer a lot of your questions here.

Best time of year to go is definitely end of Aug - early September. Conditions should be the best of the year. As to wind, you are on the coast so you'll get what you get. It might be calm, or it might be like the day I played where they had to wrap the flags in elastics so the pins wouldn't break or the flags shred. Yes, it was that windy.

The drive from Halifax is about 3:30 and is a very easy/scenic drive. Flying into Halifax has a lot more options than Sydney.

In addition to the on resort restaurants there are some others in town. Given the amount of growth, driven by the resort, in town I expect that it has continued to expand since I was there last. That said, Inverness is a small town. Like really small.

Definitely play each course at least twice to get different pins/weather conditions. I generally go for three days and play 36 each day. They light the Nest up at night so if you are going to play there play it at night.

In terms of the courses themselves, I prefer Cliffs to Links but both are excellent. I'd describe Cliffs as a mashup between Pacific and Trails. Links can be tough in the wind because there are few holes where there's marshland just off the fairway. It's definitely the tougher of the two courses IMHO.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

I am looking at the website and I see seven room types: king, double, suite, home, villa, cottage and residence.  I am guessing that king and double are part of the main resort, but which ones are miles away and isolated?  I understand from an earlier post that cottages are isolated miles away.  I would prefer rooms along with the general population of the resort so we would not be so isolated.

I called the reservation agent and had a lengthy conversation.  She said that it is too early to book for 2025, but their starting times will usually be open in the spring prior, so I guess I will have to wait for May or June.  She placed me on their mailing list and I will get updates on when I can start booking.  I guess the plan for now is to play two 36-hole days, each day with one at each course.  She advised that for 36-hole days I should try to book the courses six hours apart.  Is that enough time to stop for lunch between the rounds?

I also asked when is the best time to come.  By that I mean specifically good weather with minimal wind.  Someone here in this thread recommended late August to early September, but she advises July.  What do you guys think?

As far as rooms, she does not think the cottages are too isolated.  She says that the resort has eleven Mercedes vans that will shuttle guests right away.  For the best rooms, she advises taking one of the four-bedroom cottages located by the Cliffs course; she says that when the owners of the course come, they stay in those rooms.  The main hotel has 72 rooms with good accommodations, and they are all near the Links course.  Cabot Cliffs has fewer accommodations, and they are planning to build clubhouses and restaurants near that course.  We will see what will happen.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Having grown up in Cape Breton, I'd say the end of July/early August is the best bet weather-wise. It also gives plenty of daylight for 36 hole days with lunch in between. That said, it's on the coast, so there is no time you can go that will guarantee good weather. For the courses, I much prefer the Links to the Cliffs, but everyone who goes there comes away with their own opinion. I think the Links course is pure golf where you can play like you'd play in Scotland or Ireland with a lot more emphasis on creating shots and playing the ground game. The Cliffs course has the most picturesque holes for sure and is a lot of fun to play, but there are too many holes played away from the water for my taste and some of the holes are a bit contrived.

I'd also take exception to the comments about "nothing to do". There is plenty to do and see. Yes, Inverness is a small village with limited options, but it has a spectacular beach running alongside the golf course. There are microbreweries in town and a single malt distillery a short drive away. A drive up the coast to Cheticamp is a great way to spend a day soaking in Acadian heritage. Cheticamp also has a larger selection of restaurants than Inverness (it has a golf course, too, if you're looking to get off property for a round). There is great fishing in the Margaree river, Whale watching tours out of Cheticamp or Port Hood, and just beyond Cheticamp is a National Park with numerous sightseeing and hiking trails. If you enjoy the outdoors, there is a lot to love on that side of the island. But, if you are looking for a bustling town with a bar scene or shopping options, you're not going to get that.

• Like 3

The most important for me is to avoid wind.  Golf simply is not pleasant when playing in winds over 25 mph.  Sunny skies are also nice, but I would rather play in gloomy conditions or even fog if I can avoid strong winds.  I will need a supercomputer to find out which time of the year has, statistically, the least amount of wind.

How long do rounds take?  I am guessing 4.5 hours, but how much time should I take between rounds so that we can take our time eating a delicious lunch and not hurry ourselves to the second course.  Maybe six hours between tee times?

How many holes on Cabot Cliffs are on the water?  I hope it is not one of those courses like Torrey Pines or Half Moon Bay which have only one or two holes on the water.  I do remember seeing water on a few of the Cliffs holes in that other thread, but I did not know that it was so few.  I estimated about eight holes I can see the water.

I don't think there is any supercomputer that's going to help with you with wind prediction. Mother Nature is going to do her thing.

Pace of play has been pretty good both times I've been with the exception of one round that we were behind some slowpokes.

There are plenty of holes (9) that are either directly adjacent to the water or hitting towards the water. Then there are a few that are one fairway removed, and about 4 that are "inland".

• Like 1

@EmperorPenguin I was the one who posted the pictures recently of Cabot Cliffs that you’re referring to (I think).

I think everyone has given you great advice and insights so far.

I agree with what everyone has said that Inverness is a very small town, and located in a pretty isolated part of Nova Scotia, so Golf is 100% the main attraction and reason to go there (other than enjoying nature’s beauty).

The one point that no one has made, and I also haven’t seen posted anywhere on the Cabot website is the fact that the course is walking-only.

Might not be a problem for golfers who are used to walking regularly, but if you or someone in your group doesn’t walk courses regularly, they’ll be in for a rude awakening, Lol!!

Especially if you’re talking about getting 36 Holes in per day, you might not be able to get out of bed on Day 2 of your trip.

I only got to play Cabot Cliffs, so I don’t know what the Links course is like to walk, but Cabot Cliffs was not an easy walk by any means because it’s so hilly/so many elevations.

Just another factor to keep in mind. I don’t mind walking, but I’ve got some buddies that refuse to walk, so they will never play Cabot. FYI.

Here’s the payoff for the walk though: 

0BA570BE-E2DA-4478-9C3B-7D0DA0EBD6D7.jpeg

96A6DB01-AE6D-4B8E-844D-F2F25140A239.jpeg

C4EB6529-5E2C-4ECE-8AE0-00FA8F768615.jpeg

Edited by BallerNate
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

Great pictures!  The walking-only policy is not an issue for us because we always walk when we play, and we will be hiring caddies to help us.  Even with our bags off the shoulders, I will insist that we all have orthotics in our shoes so we can minimize fatigue in our feet.

So far, the only plausible plan will be to play 36 holes each day, since there is little we can do after golf.  I'm wondering how our feet would hold up.  Anyone ever try 36 holes two days in a row?

12 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

Great pictures!  The walking-only policy is not an issue for us because we always walk when we play, and we will be hiring caddies to help us.  Even with our bags off the shoulders, I will insist that we all have orthotics in our shoes so we can minimize fatigue in our feet.

So far, the only plausible plan will be to play 36 holes each day, since there is little we can do after golf.  I'm wondering how our feet would hold up.  Anyone ever try 36 holes two days in a row?

Generally speaking, I don't have issues with 36 two days in a row. After 3 days in a row I am feeling it. 

It is worth pointing out that 36 at a place like Cabot will wear you down more than average due to the constant wind/weather exposure. 

I think for Cabot the best approach is 18-36-18. Trying to get from the west coast of the US to cabot in one day is a bear of a trip. Easier to fly into Halifax, stay one night there, drive to cabot the following day for an afternoon tee time. Your trip that way looks something like this:

Day 0: Fly to halifax

Day 1: Drive Halifax to Cabot, Afternoon 18 holes

Day 2: 36 holes

Day 3: AM 18 holes, drive back to Halifax (and either stay the night there or take a red eye out if available)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

Personally, I don't think Cliffs is that hard a walk. Links is definitely the easier walk of the two though.

Both times I've been to Cabot I've played 3 days of 36-day and had no issues. I walk and carry but I walk / carry all the time so it's not a change for me.

If you need a rest day play 18 and then hit the Nest under the lights.

Your best chance at good weather is going to be in between the third week of July and the first week of August. This is when the temperature peaks, and July has less rain than August in a typical year. Late August and early September have plenty of nice days but there's more chance of wind/rain, and it's the beginning of tropical storm/hurricane season. The chances are slim for these weather systems, but visiting in the last weeks of July almost entirely avoids this possibility. I would stay away from September altogether given your criteria.

It sounds like the nightlife of the area matters to your group, so if you do decide to visit I would highly recommend spending a couple nights in Halifax if you can extend your stay. There are restaurants and pubs with live entertainment everywhere, lots of people and a gorgeous waterfront view. There are plenty of hotels downtown, I would stay near the waterfront. None of the golf around will compare to Cabot but if you do stay you could check out Brunello, Glen Arbour, or Chester (45 min drive but it's a sleeper favourite, beautiful town).

Sydney airport to Cabot is 1:55 while Halifax airport to Cabot is 3:15. I'd just as soon drive into Halifax and either enjoy a better rental car selection or hop on the Cabot Sprinter van.

On 10/8/2023 at 11:10 PM, EmperorPenguin said:

There are plenty of things to do in Cape Breton up you just have to drive a distance to see them, the Cape Breton Highlands are beautiful in the fall, and there is a whiskey distillery that is amazing and some pretty amazing historical museums.  

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Woods: Taylormade Sim 3 & 5 Shaft: Ventus Blue TR 7

Irons: Srixon Zx5(4-6)  Shaft: Nippon Modus Tour 105 

Srixon Zx7(7-PW) Shaft Nippon Modus Tour 105

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 50, 54 and 58 Mid Shafts Project X Catalyst 80

Putter: LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Shaft: L.A.B Golf x TPT

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

Rangefinder:  Mileseey PFS2 Premium

Bag: Vessel VLS Lux Stand Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I met a fellow who played Cabot Cliffs and Links.  His advice is very peculiar in that his first recommendation is to bring your own food.  I find that very hard to believe.  How can anyone not mess up burgers and fries?  Maybe he is more into fine dining.  I am perfectly happy with a simple, east-coast diner.

I do not care for five-star dining, but in case I will consider it, is there a catering company I can hire who can cook for us?  Also, I suppose there is a good supermarket in Inverness where we can buy anything we need if we decide to cook for ourselves.  I see that the population of Inverness is only 1200 people, so I worry that the supermarket is akin to a general store, which I cannot see how that would be likely.  Population 100 yes, but population 1000 there must be an adequate supermarket.  I have never been to a small, rural town before, so I speak out of ignorance.

32 minutes ago, EmperorPenguin said:

I met a fellow who played Cabot Cliffs and Links.  His advice is very peculiar in that his first recommendation is to bring your own food.  I find that very hard to believe.  How can anyone not mess up burgers and fries?  Maybe he is more into fine dining.  I am perfectly happy with a simple, east-coast diner.

I do not care for five-star dining, but in case I will consider it, is there a catering company I can hire who can cook for us?  Also, I suppose there is a good supermarket in Inverness where we can buy anything we need if we decide to cook for ourselves.  I see that the population of Inverness is only 1200 people, so I worry that the supermarket is akin to a general store, which I cannot see how that would be likely.  Population 100 yes, but population 1000 there must be an adequate supermarket.  I have never been to a small, rural town before, so I speak out of ignorance.

not that surprising. I’m hardly a “fine dining” person, but the food at Cabot was mediocre to poor across the board. 

seemingly simple stuff like burgers and pizza were frankly terrible 

11 hours ago, EmperorPenguin said:

I'm not sure when this guy went but both times I've been the food has been fine.