Has anyone played both Hzrdus Yellow and Hzrdus RDX Blue, that can tell me what differences you’ve noticed? I’ve always loved the feel of Yellow, and it’s super quick for me, it just never fit my launch/spin window.

I’m trying to decide between the 6.5 and the TX in the RDX Blue. I have the speed to play the latter, but I do favor a softer shaft if I can keep it in play. I sit in the low 120’s SS, and can get into the 130’s when pushing it. Maybe I’m being foolish considering the 6.5? But again I do prefer a softer shaft, and would I’d love some opinions/reviews from anyone who’s played them. Thanks guys 

Didn't the RDX Blue replace the Yellow? I've played both and from memory the Blue is like a cross between the yellow/black but leaning more towards yellow. 

PXG Gen4 0811 X 12° - Aldila NV Green NXT 75S

PXG Gen4 0341 XF 19° - Aldila NV Green NXT 75S

PXG Gen4 0317 XF 22° - Aldila NV Green NXT 85S

Ping I210 4-U PS GD - DG 120 S300

Ping Glide 4.0 S-12 56° GD - DG S300 

Cleveland Frontline Elevado SA

Vice Pro Neon Lime

I assume you are talking the Original Yellow, not the Smoke Yellow.  The Original Yellow and Blue are my go to shafts.  Even when fit, it always ends up with one of those.  I currently have the Blue in the driver and OG Yellow in the 3 wood.  I think the Blue is a little on the smoother side, than the Yellow.  I never used the Smoke Yellow, but read on here it is not the same feel as the OG or Blue.  I am a fan of the HZRDUS RDX generation.  I don't think the Gen 4 Black feels the same as the RDX Black.  

As for flex, that is always hard because it comes down to timing and feel.  If you go with the 6.5, you should tip it some.  My concern is you say the Yellow never really fit your flight window.  Do you have any LM numbers?  What exactly are you seeing?  Even though you like the Yellow/Blue profile and feel, it might not be the best result.  Both are counter balance shafts.  Have you tried the Tensei Orange? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josh_Chapman3 said:

Has anyone played both Hzrdus Yellow and Hzrdus RDX Blue, that can tell me what differences you’ve noticed? I’ve always loved the feel of Yellow, and it’s super quick for me, it just never fit my launch/spin window.

I’m trying to decide between the 6.5 and the TX in the RDX Blue. I have the speed to play the latter, but I do favor a softer shaft if I can keep it in play. I sit in the low 120’s SS, and can get into the 130’s when pushing it. Maybe I’m being foolish considering the 6.5? But again I do prefer a softer shaft, and would I’d love some opinions/reviews from anyone who’s played them. Thanks guys 

Never played the HZRDUS Yellow, but do have the new HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue for testing; it's a purr-dee shaft, counterbalanced as well but feels and launches lower compared to H. Yellow launching high.  I have been testing it for a month, but not sure if it can replace TR Blue.

Moreover, I wouldn't determine any shaft a fit, based on pushing your SS up.  Many good golfers can push their SS, up, including me.  The question that a good deal of people fail to ask themselves, can they consistently control the TX over 18 or 36?  TX is a different animal, for sure.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58g
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD 80g 
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90g
  • T100 3i & 5i MMT 85g
  • T100 6i to 9i MMT 105g
  • T100 PW MMT SW 105S 113g
  • SM9 F52/12 & M58/8, DG S200 127g
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x or AVX

I played RDX Blue in TX for a couple years prior to an injury and had swing speed around 115. I did not find it overly stout at the time, it just smoothed out the strong mid hinge kick that you'll get more of in the 6.5. Without testing I would have to think that you would want the TX. I played HZRDUS Yellow briefly prior and agree that RDX Blue has an improved feel espeially in the tip.

What are you playing right now?

I'm starting to get healthy again and am around 110 SS at the time. Just picked up a RDX Blue TX PVD to test again, which I'm really looking forward to because I loved the shaft previously. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* - Ventus Black TR 5X

Mini Burner 13.5* - LAGP Trono 6X

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX/Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - Axiom 105X

ZX7 MKii 5-P - X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

1 hour ago, golfinbrad said:

I assume you are talking the Original Yellow, not the Smoke Yellow.  The Original Yellow and Blue are my go to shafts.  Even when fit, it always ends up with one of those.  I currently have the Blue in the driver and OG Yellow in the 3 wood.  I think the Blue is a little on the smoother side, than the Yellow.  I never used the Smoke Yellow, but read on here it is not the same feel as the OG or Blue.  I am a fan of the HZRDUS RDX generation.  I don't think the Gen 4 Black feels the same as the RDX Black.  

As for flex, that is always hard because it comes down to timing and feel.  If you go with the 6.5, you should tip it some.  My concern is you say the Yellow never really fit your flight window.  Do you have any LM numbers?  What exactly are you seeing?  Even though you like the Yellow/Blue profile and feel, it might not be the best result.  Both are counter balance shafts.  Have you tried the Tensei Orange? 

Yeah the OG Yellow 76g 6.5

It always felt great, and I could deal with the launch being a touch high, but it gave me a ballooning ball flight and it was just a touch whippy for me. 

I’ve actually been in the Orange TX both 60 and 70 for a few years. And optimization wise, it’s fantastic. But to me personally, the Orange is another level of shaft in terms of stiffness. I have days I absolutely destroy it, and days I can’t find the course. I think because it’s a hard shaft to feel the load on. That being said, I’m HOPING RDX Blue is just a tightened up version of the Yellow, and that it maybe plays half a flex stiffer. Any insight to that? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PNW said:

I played RDX Blue in TX for a couple years prior to an injury and had swing speed around 115. I did not find it overly stout at the time, it just smoothed out the strong mid hinge kick that you'll get more of in the 6.5. Without testing I would have to think that you would want the TX. I played HZRDUS Yellow briefly prior and agree that RDX Blue has an improved feel espeially in the tip.

What are you playing right now?

I'm starting to get healthy again and am around 110 SS at the time. Just picked up a RDX Blue TX PVD to test again, which I'm really looking forward to because I loved the shaft previously. 

I’m in a Tensei Pro Orange 60TX, straight in right now. It’s great for my best days, goes forever. But I think due to not having a distinct loading point, on my bad days, it’s pretty tough for me to time up. Do you think the TX has any kick in it? That’s something I actually like to feel, timing wise

6 minutes ago, Josh_Chapman3 said:

It always felt great, and I could deal with the launch being a touch high, but it gave me a ballooning ball flight and it was just a touch whippy for me. 

I’ve actually been in the Orange TX both 60 and 70 for a few years. And optimization wise, it’s fantastic. But to me personally, the Orange is another level of shaft in terms of stiffness. I have days I absolutely destroy it, and days I can’t find the course. I think because it’s a hard shaft to feel the load on. That being said, I’m HOPING RDX Blue is just a tightened up version of the Yellow, and that it maybe plays half a flex stiffer. Any insight to that? 

As said above the Blue is a perfect fit for me.  I hit the Orange and had similar results with consistency.  It also did feel nearly as smooth to me.  Maple Hill Golf has the Blue in a TX.  You could also try the Blue in a heavier weight. 

@Josh_Chapman3 I haven't played Pro Orange but have played 1K Orange 60X (I think the profiles might be different). 1K TPO has a high bend point, softish handle with very stiff linear mid through tip. I found no loading whatsoever in the mid section. Whiteboard profile. I also have good/bad days with it depending on tempo with the whiteboard profile, soft handle.

Whereas RDX Blue is a true Blueboard profile with mid bend. I would say though that the RDX Blue TX variant is the only blue board shaft I have gotten along with because it loads subtly in the middle, vs kicking like a donkey in Ventus Blue 6X or TR Blue 6X. 

• Thanks 1

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX/Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - X100

11 minutes ago, Josh_Chapman3 said:

But I think due to not having a distinct loading point, on my bad days, it’s pretty tough for me to time up. Do you think the TX has any kick in it?

I play the Tensei Pro orange 1K 60tx in my driver and I 100% agree with you on good days its money but I do not feel any load when I think about it now.

I play a Hzrdus blue 6.5 70g tipped 1" in my mini brnr 13.5 as my 2 wood and def feel a good load and one I want to feel with that club. Id say if you go 6.5 just tip it like someone said earlier or just tx as it would be the right one imo.

I traveled and rented a set that had a ZX5 driver and HBlue RDX 5.5 shaft that I loved!

I'm a 100ss that normally plays a UST V2 stiff 7F4 70g tipped an inch at 43.75". It didn't take long to find where to grip that rental driver that I could almost swing my normal way, and get nice results. I enjoyed the loading and kick and didn't mind the lower weight, while still being able to square the face. 

If I had to guess, that HBlue RDX probably had lower torque than I expected...that worked well with that mid bend & my swing speed. I can see one of these in my future.

@Josh_Chapman3 I just wanted to reiterate what someone else said, Maple Hill has the 60 TX PVD USA edition brand new for $100 right now which is an absolute steal. Easy way to test and get out if it doesn't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ZX7 MKii 5-P - X100

1 hour ago, PNW said:

@Josh_Chapman3 I just wanted to reiterate what someone else said, Maple Hill has the 60 TX PVD USA edition brand new for $100 right now which is an absolute steal. Easy way to test and get out if it doesn't work.

That’s exactly why I’m asking about the TX kicking enough 😂

it’s been on my watchlist for a week 

• Like 1

@Josh_Chapman3 I load shafts pretty hard but at 110-115 speed, let's just say that I'm not playing TX in other driver shaft models. If you're 120-130 and don't want a distinct strong kick then I would bet TX would work well for you. 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - X100

1 hour ago, Caesar's shank said:

Sorry for highjacking the thread but where does the smoke yellow sit in regards to OG yellow and RDX blue? 

Haven’t gamed it myself. From some previous reviews I’ve heard it’s a “smoother” more active shaft than the original yellow. Again, haven’t played it, so don’t take my word for it. Just what I’ve read/heard

4 hours ago, Josh_Chapman3 said:

3 hours ago, PNW said:

2 hours ago, Josh_Chapman3 said:

That’s exactly why I’m asking about the TX kicking enough 😂

it’s been on my watchlist for a week 

I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. Absolutely worst case scenario it costs you nothing as you can easily sell it for $100. 

Regarding your previous comments and the others in this thread, yes the RDX Blue in terms of profile is the successor to the original HZRDUS Yellow and seems to have a slightly different curve to it's overall "mid soft" profile. The Yellow was a little more extreme and the Blue reads like it's smoothed out some that:

image.png.142acd2f6cc59a6e9963bf492119b232.png

I dropped the Pro Orange in there as well for comparison to highlight how different the profiles are. The Blue does read as "softer" from handle to mid, but it stiffens up quicker and has an overall more "stable" looking tip section on paper. That section between 16-24 where the Blue stiffens up quicker might just be that "1/2 a flex stiffer" feeling you're looking for as that is the critical area where faster swingers are going to feel "load". That was a common criticism of the OG Yellow in that it was fast but loose, and on paper the Blue is addressing that. 

I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that $100 deal for the TX flex. Sell it to me if for someone reason it doesn't work out. 😅

Edited by Valtiel
  • Thanks 1

Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX  // Titleist TSi3 9* Kuro Kage 70XTS
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X  // Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x
Taylormade M5 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 8TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* Aldila Rogue M-AX 85TX 
Srixon ZX Utility MKII  20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X // PING iBlade 3i HZRDUS Red 105X
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I play the Smoke Yellow 70 TS in my FWs and it feels very similar to the OG Yellow, but has an odd taper to it. Requires more buildup tape to get my preferred pre-grip OD. Also, thanks @PNW for the heads-up on the RDX Smoke Blue deal at Maple Hill. I had wanted to get one of these in PVD for my Blue Amp Cell Pro driver and now it's on the way!!!!

BT

• Like 1

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

On 12/5/2023 at 6:43 PM, Valtiel said:

I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. Absolutely worst case scenario it costs you nothing as you can easily sell it for $100. 

Regarding your previous comments and the others in this thread, yes the RDX Blue in terms of profile is the successor to the original HZRDUS Yellow and seems to have a slightly different curve to it's overall "mid soft" profile. The Yellow was a little more extreme and the Blue reads like it's smoothed out some that:

image.png.142acd2f6cc59a6e9963bf492119b232.png

I dropped the Pro Orange in there as well for comparison to highlight how different the profiles are. The Blue does read as "softer" from handle to mid, but it stiffens up quicker and has an overall more "stable" looking tip section on paper. That section between 16-24 where the Blue stiffens up quicker might just be that "1/2 a flex stiffer" feeling you're looking for as that is the critical area where faster swingers are going to feel "load". That was a common criticism of the OG Yellow in that it was fast but loose, and on paper the Blue is addressing that. 

I wouldn't hesitate to jump on that $100 deal for the TX flex. Sell it to me if for someone reason it doesn't work out. 😅

This is fantastic info, I love having the charts in front of me. And I did end up picking it up in TX. Hoping it still has a little kick in it. Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1