APPLY NOW: Wilson Golf Staff Model ZM Wedges Member Testing | 5 Testers Needed!

• GolfWRX_Official changed the title to APPLY NOW: Wilson Golf Staff Model ZM Wedges Member Testing | 5 Testers Needed!

1. City, State? Forest Hill, TX

2. Handicap? 4
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?)

Sub 70 286 Forged Wedge Raw Raw, 50 Degree, Right Hand, 10 Degree, .370 Parallel

Sub 70 286 Forged Wedge Raw Raw, 54 Degree, Right Hand, 12 Degree, .370 Parallel

Sub 70 JB Forged Wedge Raw Raw, 60 Degree, Right Hand, 8 Degree, .370 Parallel

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges?

Have always loved the classic shape and feel of the shafting method.  I'm curious to see if they also spin more than my new Sub70 wedges.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Of course, as always.

1. City, State? Tyler, TX

2. Handicap? 0

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60  all mid bounce

Used to play Wison wedges, would like to give the new models a try, they look very sharp. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes sir. 

WITB
TaylorMade Qi10 9.0 Tensei AV Limited Black 65 S 

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3 and 5 wood, Tensei AV Limited Blue 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

1. Nashville, TN

2. 4.1
3. Maltby TS1-IM GW 48*/5* bounce, Ben Hogan Equalizer II 54*/7* bounce, Ping Glide 4.0 58* (S grind/10* bounce) 

4. I would like to test the Wilson Staff Model ZM Wedges because they have a classic look to them, boast additional spin with ZM grooves and Wilson themselves seems re-invigorated as of late so I am curious what their newest offering is bringing to market. The forged feel of Wilsons have impressed me in the past so I am curious how that feels in this ZM Model package. 

5. I would be excited to do an in-depth review on-course, on Trackman and at the short game practice area over a series of weeks and write up all my results. 

Mizuno STZ 230 9.5* - LIN-Q Red (S)

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 21* - LIN-Q Blue (S)
Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 21.5* - Project X U-Steel 6.0

Maltby TS1-IM 5-GW - FST 125 (S)

Ben Hogan Equalizer II 54* - KBS Tour 120S

Ben Hogan Carnoustie 60*  - KBS Tour 120S

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

St. Charles,Mo.

HNDC  15

Current wedges...

LH Callaway Mack Daddy4

50* 10* bounce

54* 10* bounce

58* 8* bounce

All wedges  Modus 105 Stiff   36 1/2"

Why do I want to test the new ZM wedges?

My favorite wedges were the Wilson JP 2 I played for years with my Staff Progressive irons. Hope these are similar.

Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Absolutely!

Ping G400 Max, G20, Callaway Epic
TEE 3 Wood  Aeroburner 16.5 HL
TEE 5 Wood/ Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid
PXG 2021 0211 DC 4-PW/ Cobra Amp Cell 4-PW
Callaway MD4 50,54,58  Mizuno MP T10 Wedges 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron

pxg 0211 dc irons.jpg

1. City, State? Tampa FL

2. Handicap? 5

Sub 70 JB Forged Satin - Taper Tip 48* 9 Bounce

Sub 70 JB Forged Satin - Taper Tip 52* 10 Bounce

Sub 70 JB Forged Satin - Taper Tip 56* Full Face Groove 12 bounce

Sub 70 JB Forged Satin LB - Taper Tip 60* Full Face Groove 6 Bounce

Love the classic looks, clean lines, and am a Wilson Staff fan, I play the Staff Model Ball 90% of the time

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Most Definitely!!!

Titleist TSR3 - Hzrdus T1100 Hulk

Sub 70 949 Pro Hybrid 19 and 22* - Recoil Dart 95x

Srixon ZX7 - MMT's 105TX SSx1

Sub 70 JB Forged 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*- MMT Scoring

PXG Gen2 Mini Gunboat

Can we get some of these testing opportunities opened up to other parts of the world please? 

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

1. City, State? Omaha, NE

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Cleveland RTX 56 high bounce and 60 mid bounce. 

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Wilson has been around a long time and have a solid reputation, they seem to be making a comeback in the last few years and would love to see for myself. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, and have done so in the past. 

1. City, State? La Habra, California

2. Handicap? 20.3
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) 56* Scratch Forged SS wedge, 60* Scratch Forged SS wedge

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Always had a soft spot Wilson since I had the CI-7's in the bag; loved the Wilson Duo too. Always been a fan of their head shapes and would love to see how they compare to my old faithful Scratch's

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? You bet.

Edited by ChristopherMcDonald

Taylormade SIM2 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 70 6.5

Cobra LTD 3w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

Cobra LTD 5w - Project X Evenflow Black 85 6.0

PXG 0311x 4 DI - Mitsubishi MMT 90s

New Level 902 OS 5-PW - Mitsubishi MMT 105s
New Level 902 OS 50 - Mitsubishi MMT 105x

Scratch Forged SS 56 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Scratch Forged SS 60 - Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Custom MackMade Putter

Vice Pro

1. Fargo, ND

2. 2
3. Taylormade MG4 52/09, 56/TW and 60/TW

4. I am always looking for a wedge that offers the same pure feel I look for in my irons that can manage moisture to give consistent results in different playing conditions. 

5. I am definitely willing to do an in depth review!

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

1. City, State? Glen Carbon, IL

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 54*, 60* Std bounce

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Softer feel, grind versatility, straighter leading edge 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? YES

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1. City, State? Lakeland, FL

2. Handicap? 8
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Vokey 56.12, Fourteen 60.8

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges?  Would like to see how Wilson clubs stack up, haven't tried them before

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

- City / State?  Dallas, TX

- Handicap?  7.3

- What is your current wedge set up?  Sm6… its time for new ones really bad!

- Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges?  I’m a huge Wilson fan!  Currently playing the staff cb’s and would love to test the new zm wedges to flow nicely with the irons.  Would also love to see the new shape of the leading edge and toe shape and now they cut through the turf.  Loved the feel of the previous model, but the shape of the new ones looks outstanding!

- Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely!

Cobra   Darkspeed LS 10.5   Accra Tz5 65 M5

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x  

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

City, State? Scott city Kansas 

2. Handicap? 7.3

3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Cleveland RTX 6 50/10, 56/10, 60/6

I’ve played Wilson irons in the past and loved every offering. This year I got the new set of the staff blades 3-p and iron play has been incredible and I would love to get a chance to test and play the wedges as I love when wedges match my irons. (I’m a true wrx’er)

I have heard nothing but good things about these. Living a long ways away from a W/S dealer makes it hard to try new things or even check them out. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! 

Thank you for the opportunity Wilson and Golfwrx! 

1. City, State?  Willard, UT

2. Handicap? Plus 2
3. What is your current wedge setup? Pin(Model, Loft, Bounce?) Ping s159 50/10 54/10 58/6

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Always been a Wilson fan played many of their irons in my life and still using FG5Tour hybrids. Have really liked the look of their recent wedges and the new models look to have improved grinds. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes absolutely 

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

1. City, State?  Pebble Beach, CA

2. Handicap? 5
3. What is your current wedge setup? Callaway MD4 50, 54 C grind, Jaws Raw 58

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Looking to replace current wedges, and nostalgia for Wilson wedges - played them when I was a kid in the 80s and my favorite club was a 56deg Wilson sand wedge.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes - I have access to indoor and outdoor facilities with launch monitor, grass range, premium balls and a par 3 course so can get good data.

8 hours ago, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State?

2. Handicap?

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

1. Denver, CO

2. 15.6

3. Fourteen RM4 H grind 56, Miura Tour wedge 59 at 61. Shafts are DG X7.

4. I always liked Wilson forged irons and love the way the ZM wedges look. Also my wedges are coming up on a replacement and I am considering options.

5. Absolutely.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple D w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 70TX @45.25

3W: Taylormade M2 15* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 80X.

5W: Taylormade M6 18* w/ Hazardous Smoke Green Hulk 90 TX.

Irons: Miura Retro Tournament blades 3i, 4i, and 7i. Miura MB-001 5i, 6i, 8i-PW. 3i with MMT 125TX. 4i-PW are Oak doweled, DG X100 Tiger Stepped 1/4”

lofts: 3i: 20* 4i: 24* 5i: 28* 6i: 32* 7i: 36* 8i: 40* 9i: 44* PW: 48*

Wedges: Fourteen RM4 56* DG X7, Miura 59* At 61* DG X7

Putter: Taylormade Spider

Grips: Golf pride MCC+4.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

1. Madison, AL

2. 5.5
3. Taylormade MG2 50(10°), 54(10°), 58(8°)

standard grind

4. My wedges are close to the end of their life. The Wilson wedges look great and I really enjoy trying different equipment.  I feel like they could be a sleeper in the wedge game. They don’t get enough credit for the good quality they are. 

5. Absolutely!! 

1. City, State? Phoenix , AZ

2. Handicap? 4.1
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) 50F-56M-60M Vokey SM9

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Loved my Staff 56° from years ago.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course!

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

1. City, State? Lisle, IL

2. Handicap? 10.2
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) i230 PW and UW, Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W and 60/12X

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? They look gorgeous. The ZM grooves caught my attention because I play in wet Midwestern conditions (especially early in the year) and need that spin consistency. Also, I had a chance to hit the previous model when Wilson reps were at a local demo day, and I was a big fan — they felt great. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

1. City, State? Fairfield, PA

2. Handicap? 3
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Cleveland RTX Full Face 50*, 54* & 58* STD L/L/L with KBS TGI 95 shafts, Winn Dri Tec Std grips

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges?  Haven't used Wilson wedges since the late 80s.  The current design looks awesome.  I enjoy testing different wedges to see how different bounces and grinds perform for me.  The area of my game that could use some help is that 40 to 70 pitch shot.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes!

1. City, State? Baton Rouge, LA

2. Handicap? 5

SM9 50F, 54S, 58V

I am looking for my yearly wedge replacements as tournament season starts. I always just gravitate towards Vokey, but am interested in some different sole and bounce options, Especially in the 58. Several manufactures are starting to offer the V grind which i seem to have the most sucess with.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

absolutely 

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

1.  Waukee, IA 

2.  20

3.  Cbx2 54* TM big foot 58*

4.  I'm in the market for new wedges and these look sharp!  Nice forged wedge look. 

5. Yes!

LTDx 9* AD-VR6x 

Cleveland Launcher Xl Halo 15*

Rad Speed 19* Hybrid

ZX5 MKII 5-AW

CBX 2 54*

TM Big Foot 58*

Odyssey Versa 3 T

Chrome Soft X-LS

1. City, State? Chester Springs, Pa

2. Handicap? 6.3
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Mizuno T20 51*/8, Callaway Full Toe 54*/12 60*/10, Callaway PM 64*/10

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? To share valuable insight on the performance, feel, launch, spin, turf interaction, and versatility for Golf WRX. I ordered the ZM- 64* and would like to test additional lofts to see if I can play wedges from one OEM for a consistent look and feel through all my wedges. I hit a high volume of wedges throughout a round, giving me a large sample size to share my feedback in this forum.

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

Edited by getair23

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

1. City, State? Cincinnati, Ohio

2. Handicap? 10
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) Vokey spin milled 46, 52, 58

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Yes, I love to spin golf balls..  Nothing better than seeing a low shot that stops instantly after a hop.. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Definately

1. City, State? Leicester MA 

2. Handicap? 5
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) 2022 Cobra King Cobra SB Black 50-8/54-10/58-8FF, versatile grind, DG S300 

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Love the looks of these new wedges and new tech sounds good. Would love to test out new equipment from this classic golf company icon. 

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? of course! 

1. City, State? Fort Myers, FL

2. Handicap? 9.4

3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) have 2 sets currently to compare to. Vokey sm9 50.12.F, 54.10.S, 58.12.D and Zipcore 50 mid 10*, 54 full 12*, 58 mid 10*

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? Just put a set of Wilson CB in the bag, love the look and product line. Want to see how it compares and improved upon the previous Wilson wedges with feel, spin and sound. Have gotten more interested with the growing social media presence .

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? yes to both!

1. Houston,Texas

2. 12
3. What is your current wedge setup?  TM SM6 , 52 degree 10 bounce ,56 degree 10 bounce 

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges?  Always want to try new gear to improve my game and make more pars and Kis used them!!!

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? yes, yes , yes

1. City, State? Sheboygan, WI

2. Handicap? 10
3. What is your current wedge setup? (Model, Loft, Bounce?) 48º Vokey SM6 8º Bounce, 54º Vokey SM8 10º Bounce, 60º Vokey SM9 4º Bounce

4. Why would you like to test the Staff Model ZM Wedges? I've primarily played Vokey's for my entire playing career.  Would like to branch out and these look fantastic

5. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

WITB

Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Ventus Blue 7-TX

Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Ventus Black 8-X

Callaway Apex UW 17º w/ Hazardous Smoke

Callaway Apex UW 21º w/ Hazardous Smoke

6-43º Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

48º Vokey SM6, 54º Vokey SM8 Raw, 60º SM9 Raw

Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277