anyone using lead tape on their putter

on the sole...
So, i'm getting my SC santa fe restored from their custom shop. they said the head weight is about 325, and i had them cut the shaft down to 32.5. So, it'll be really light feeling i think. I have a newport 2 32.5/350 which i find it really well balanced. So I think i'll put some leadtapes on the bottom of the putter. anyone done this? is there a good/bad leadtapes for this kinda purpose???

Thanks,
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my putters short and heavy, I have lead tape on all my putters. If you don't care about the looks, then you'll be fine. I personally like the look of lead tape.

Titleist 913 9.5 Diamana S+ 62
Titleist 913 15 Diamana S+ 72
Titleist 913 21 & 24 Diamana S+ 82
Prototype Forged (Japan) 5-PW Modus3 120
Vokey SM5 50.12F, 54.14F, 60.11F WV 115
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

I have lead tape on the sole of my old Ping Anser. It putts like a dream now. It knocked my Scotty Pro Platinum Newport 2 out of the bag.

You could have a custom club builder take the putter apart and put lead or tungsten powder in the head prior to reassembly. That would add weight without the use of lead tape.

So, i'm getting my SC santa fe restored from their custom shop. they said the head weight is about 325, and i had them cut the shaft down to 32.5. So, it'll be really light feeling i think. I have a newport 2 32.5/350 which i find it really well balanced. So I think i'll put some leadtapes on the bottom of the putter. anyone done this? is there a good/bad leadtapes for this kinda purpose???

Thanks,

I have a Golf smith Snake Eyes Strike LIne 1 with about 40 grams of lead tape in the cavity, and it's evenly distributed topa nd bottom.

I use 3 strips of lead tape directly above my putter neck on the shaft.

---------------------------

Titleist 983K 8.5 Speeder x

TM VSteel DGS300

Titleist 804.OS NSPRO stiff

Vokey Tc 52.08

Vokey SM 58.12

Scotty Cameron Stuido Stainless Newport 2

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]