2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MacGregor Don White Custom Wedges

I am surprised they still have a tour dept. when they have no tour staff other than Greg Norman.

Yeah, Mac may turn out to be the smartest of them all, after all, if

you don't have TW, who do you have? Let us, the paying customers

be the staff. Just make us some fine sticks and let us make up our

own minds. A novel concept, right.

I'd love to develop a "consumer staff" as you guys are the one's that pay the bills, not the Tour Players. At MacGregor, we do not feel like we are entitled to your business. We want to earn it and we are confident that we can make the best quality/performing product in the world to benefit any level of player. I've spent my entire career in the golf equipment industry and can promise you that no Company is now more committed to giving golfers great looking and performing golf equipment with no marketing fluff. We are listening to you (that's why I'm here) and look forward to working with you. Give us a shot and I'm confident we'll exceed your expectations. If your local shop doesn't currently carry MacGregor, tell them that you're interested...and let me know who they are so we can call them immediately to fuel the fire.

Thanks again to everyone that has been interacting on GolfWrx.com. We appreciate it (even the pessimists!).

Take care,

[/size]

Reid Gorman

President

MacGregor Golf North America, Inc.

1000 Pecan Grove Drive

Albany, GA 31701

800-841-4358 ext. 7050

800-455-1220 fax

229-854-3083 cell

It appears that Wheat Road is pretty open minded to carrying the new line.

How is it going on that front?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played Mac's for nine of the ten years I have played golf and I couldn't think of a better business man than Greg Norman to be heading the company. I think they are now on the right track to success. Even though I thought dropping the Tour staff was a dumb move, I have, as of late, think it's one of the best moves they have made. Mac looks to be letting the clubs create the "buzz" and not the player, unlike TM, Nike, Callaway, etc. I guess you could say they are using the "build it and they will come" mind set. It may (I hope) or may not work. But, with the big OEM's throwing money around and offering a new club (cough, gimmick) every other day, a company like Macgregor might be in the right place at the right time by offering what the bigger boys seem to be going away from: A great playing, but boring to look at, golf club!

Let the bigger companies go after the "occasional" golfer that goes to Dick's or another superstore and leave the ""obsessed" golfer to Macgregor, like myself. :man_in_love: Of course, this could all be for a big sale: Puma comes in and buys them. All that said, I plan on keeping my M685's and NVG2, though. Sorry Macgregor.

At the risk of being too commercial, I wanted to point out a cool opportunity that's upcoming on these MacGregor wedges. For those Wrx members on the West Coast, we'll have Don White at our Haggin Oaks Golf Expo- America's Largest Demo Day- www.hagginoaksgolfexpo.com. We're bringing in 150 specially casted MT Don White wedges for that weekend and he'll put a custom grind on it right in your presence based on your wishes at absolutely no additional cost. Don doesn't do this often and it will be a chance to get a tour grind on a wedge for about $110 or so- an amazingly great opportunity. The dates are April 25-27.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Wow, that would be totally cool to go to. Having just ordered a set of Pro-C's, a new custom grind DW wedge would be the final compliment to my bag over haul this year. So how do us east coast Big Apple dwellers take advantage of this great opportunity? :man_in_love:

At the risk of being too commercial, I wanted to point out a cool opportunity that's upcoming on these MacGregor wedges. For those Wrx members on the West Coast, we'll have Don White at our Haggin Oaks Golf Expo- America's Largest Demo Day- www.hagginoaksgolfexpo.com. We're bringing in 150 specially casted MT Don White wedges for that weekend and he'll put a custom grind on it right in your presence based on your wishes at absolutely no additional cost. Don doesn't do this often and it will be a chance to get a tour grind on a wedge for about $110 or so- an amazingly great opportunity. The dates are April 25-27.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Wow, that would be totally cool to go to. Having just ordered a set of Pro-C's, a new custom grind DW wedge would be the final compliment to my bag over haul this year. So how do us east coast Big Apple dwellers take advantage of this great opportunity? :man_in_love:

We're working with Mr. Gorman and with our Northern California rep right now putting together a list of all the different grind options available. Rest assured, prior to our Expo, we will put together a GolfWrx-exclusive Don White custom grind opportunity so that our "East Coast based" friends can take advantage of this cool opportunity. I'll hopefully have more to post late next week.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Ryan, I can't believe how nicely those are turning out. Did you take these pictures or these all done in-house at MacGregor? Or did they send them to you for approval to see how well they play...chipping in the comfort of your living room? :man_in_love: Also, I remember when easyyy posted pictures of his, they had his initials in the usual spot, and the "DW" stamping in its usual spot. Are these going to be finished as reflected in the pictures, or will there be more to it? Either way, definitely looking forward to updates! ;)

And Ken, when you say "specially casted MT Don White wedges" do you mean cast stainless versions of the MT Pro wedges, so they can be ground without worrying about finish? Bigger question still...lefty availability? :)

:hi:

Ryan, I can't believe how nicely those are turning out. Did you take these pictures or these all done in-house at MacGregor? Or did they send them to you for approval to see how well they play...chipping in the comfort of your living room? ;) Also, I remember when easyyy posted pictures of his, they had his initials in the usual spot, and the "DW" stamping in its usual spot. Are these going to be finished as reflected in the pictures, or will there be more to it? Either way, definitely looking forward to updates! :)

And Ken, when you say "specially casted MT Don White wedges" do you mean cast stainless versions of the MT Pro wedges, so they can be ground without worrying about finish? Bigger question still...lefty availability? :D

Geo, all the images posted in this thread were taken by the folks in the tour dept. I should be receiving more sometime next week that include the finished grinds, stampings, etc. Oh yeah, there may be a few of the 'master grinder' in there as well. :man_in_love: My guess is that I should have the wedges in my hand within the next two weeks.

For this order, I actually sent Don White (2) of my current wedges that Kwok ground for me and he used those as a template.

Stay tuned!

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

We're working with Mr. Gorman and with our Northern California rep right now putting together a list of all the different grind options available. Rest assured, prior to our Expo, we will put together a GolfWrx-exclusive Don White custom grind opportunity so that our "East Coast based" friends can take advantage of this cool opportunity. I'll hopefully have more to post late next week.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

As an east coaster, I'd definitely be interested.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I am surprised they still have a tour dept. when they have no tour staff other than Greg Norman.

I'd love to develop a "consumer staff" as you guys are the one's that pay the bills, not the Tour Players. At MacGregor, we do not feel like we are entitled to your business. We want to earn it and we are confident that we can make the best quality/performing product in the world to benefit any level of player. I've spent my entire career in the golf equipment industry and can promise you that no Company is now more committed to giving golfers great looking and performing golf equipment with no marketing fluff. We are listening to you (that's why I'm here) and look forward to working with you. Give us a shot and I'm confident we'll exceed your expectations. If your local shop doesn't currently carry MacGregor, tell them that you're interested...and let me know who they are so we can call them immediately to fuel the fire.

Thanks again to everyone that has been interacting on GolfWrx.com. We appreciate it (even the pessimists!).

Take care,

Reid Gorman

President

1000 Pecan Grove Drive

Albany, GA 31701

800-841-4358 ext. 7050

800-455-1220 fax

229-854-3083 cell

The highlighted line ranks as one of the best statements I have yet to see from any golf company.

Nice looking grinds....

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Take care,

Reid Gorman

President

1000 Pecan Grove Drive

Albany, GA 31701

800-841-4358 ext. 7050

800-455-1220 fax

229-854-3083 cell

Hi Reid

Can you let us know in Australia what is happening re MacGregor distribution. I am very interested in the new irons in particular but the staff in our local chains mumble something about new distribution channels needing to be sorted out prior to release of new lines and "don't expect anything before July".

Any news for us? Thanks for your interest in forum and it's members, we'll reward Macgregor as best we can.

Craig S

Ping G400 SFT 10 deg
Callaway Epic Flash 15 deg
Srixon H65 22 deg
Wilson Staff FG Tour V6 4-PW (Nippon 950 GH)
Hogan TK Wedges 49/53/57
Ping Zing

Here's what I posted on another thread about MacGregor

Just a note on the outstanding customer service from MacGregor and Reid. I ordered a set of MT Pro CM's and there was going to be a little delay in getting them because of the shafts I ordered, so when I called talked to one of the inside sales guys about how long it would take, he had to check with production and called me back the same day with my answer. It was going to be several weeks because of the shaft company's inability to get them the shafts. I dropped a note to Reid about the delay last Sat. because we had emailed each other before, but not about my order. NOW here is where I get very impressed and honored to be dealing with MacGregor, on Easter Sunday I get an email from Reid asking me for a little info, which I send him. ON Monday I get a call from Reid who talks about all the testing they have done with shafts and what they found to work best with their equipment, so based on his guidance I changed to a different shaft. While we were on the phone I went ahead and added to my order two DW wedges, and I will be ordering the driver from them also just going to hit it first to decide loft and shaft [ Reid suggested also ].

Guys and Girls I did not need the wedges, I just bought 2 new wedges 5 weeks ago. He could have had anybody call me and it would have been just fine with me, But if the President of MacGregor Golf can go out of his way, way out of his way to help me the way he did then MacGregor Golf has earned my business and support. Plus after talking to Reid about the company, folks they know what they are doing and where they are going and how to get their. They are making the best irons of anyone in the industry, performance and looks. If you have thought about buying any MacGregor stuff at all please do it. Let's all do what we can to make this company as successful as possible. This is not your ordinary Golf Company, this is an extraordinary company.

To finish the story, Reid said he was taking my order to the production manager and they would call me. Guess what, 2 hours later she called and informed me they would ship out Tuesday. BUY MacGregor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Any more news on this?

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Any more news on this?

We just received all the grind detail from MacGregor on Friday. We'll be building the worksheet this week and hopefully have something for all the WRX guys to look at and play with towards the end of this week or the first part of the following week. We'll be sure to post here as well as start a larger thread where we can put all the different options. We're very excited about this offer- what a cool opportunity to have a 1 of 1 wedge designed by one of the best grinders in the biz.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Any more news on this?

We just received all the grind detail from MacGregor on Friday. We'll be building the worksheet this week and hopefully have something for all the WRX guys to look at and play with towards the end of this week or the first part of the following week. We'll be sure to post here as well as start a larger thread where we can put all the different options. We're very excited about this offer- what a cool opportunity to have a 1 of 1 wedge designed by one of the best grinders in the biz.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Will it be in the Sponsor's section or here? I don't want to miss it. :clapping:

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Any more news on this?

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

Will it be in the Sponsor's section or here? I don't want to miss it. :clapping:

So WRX'ers can purchase the wedge, fill out the worksheet, and Don White will grind the head? What will the cost be? :clapping:

So WRX'ers can purchase the wedge, fill out the worksheet, and Don White will grind the head? What will the cost be? :clapping:

Yes, yes and yes! They'll retail for $109.99. We are not doing any upcharges at all for the custom grinding for this one-time unique event.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

We'll post both spots so no one misses it. We know lots of the Wrx members are excited about it.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWrx Sponsor

Excellent! Thankfully I haven't bought the retail ones yet!

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Yes, yes and yes! They'll retail for $109.99. We are not doing any upcharges at all for the custom grinding for this one-time unique event.

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

This is a pretty sweet deal. Never thought about a a McGregor wedge prior to this however, for $110, I'll give one a go just for this premium service like none other. Can we get them head only too? Will there be a link for the Don White wedge and grind special in this thread?

Thanks again, nice work with this opportunity. :clapping:

So WRX'ers can purchase the wedge, fill out the worksheet, and Don White will grind the head? What will the cost be? :cheesy:

Ken

www.MortonGolfSales.com

GolfWRX Sponsor

EDIT: Saw the order form. I'm totally in.