What's your favorite putter?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Yes Tracy (custom double bend shaft - the head sits further behind the shaft than the retail version), Yes Abbie, or my Zomo 23 (green/black) Mallet Prototype from Japan!

All Sick Putters!!! I can't help being a putter whore!

Which Zomo 23 Do you have? I have this one and I am wondering how it is going to feel

-CHRIS-

My favorite putter is probably a Wilson Designed by Arnold Palmer. I have one but it has been worked on by the previous owner (grinding action). One day I hope to own a very good conditioned DBAP. I own a Cameron American Classic VII and this is a very good putter. I have to say my current favorite is my current gamer, a TP Mills Tradition II finished in Oil Can. David Mills' Oil Can finish is the best version I have seen from anyone (and I have owned putters refinished in Oil Can from a couple of great sources).

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

I already know I'm gonna catch a beating for this but, I really don't care a penny about price tag or status when it's in my bag, if it works to get the ball in the cup for my swing, it's stayin'. I have somewhere around 40 putters some on the $ side and have the great luck to work on some unbelievable hand mades and protos.

But this old Ram Zebra with some wierd tweek in the shaft has always been a "in the hole" reliable, so I refinished her and she will always stay around, I can't even talk myself into replacing the original wrapped leather grip.

The red one I haven't had the opportunity to roll on grass yet.

Go ahead give it to me...

Morgan in AZ

1-OFF GOLF

My favorite putter is probably a Wilson Designed by Arnold Palmer. I have one but it has been worked on by the previous owner (grinding action). One day I hope to own a very good conditioned DBAP. I own a Cameron American Classic VII and this is a very good putter. I have to say my current favorite is my current gamer, a TP Mills Tradition II finished in Oil Can. David Mills' Oil Can finish is the best version I have seen from anyone (and I have owned putters refinished in Oil Can from a couple of great sources).

Is this the AP you're talking about? I sold it about 3 months ago but can probably put you in touch.

Morgan in AZ

Is this the AP you're talking about? I sold it about 3 months ago but can probably put you in touch.

Morgan in AZ

No, that is not the Designed by Arnold Palmer that I really love. The following are pictures that were posted on another site of a very nice Wilson DBAP.

Driver:  TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5° (tour issue 9.9), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S   ||  3W:  TaylorMade M4 15° (small head), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid at 17°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S  ||  Irons:  Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Wedges:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged: 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff ||  Putter: Byron Morgan custom Epic Day

Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred (2016 ball)  ||  Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag

Well, i'll have to break this up into small sections...

MY FAVORITE PUTTER TO GAME: Cameron Futura Phantom w/custom weighting

I recently picked this baby up and WOW... perfect blend of feel and weight.

I had a very unstable stroke and the weight and mallet style of the putter help tremendously.

MY FAVORITE PUTTER LOOKS ALONE: Cameron Napa Oil Can

The simplicity of this putter is just awesome to me. Too bad i just can't putt worth crap with a blade style putter.

Runner Ups:

-SC JAT

-SC Studio Design 2.5

-SC Circa 62 #2 Charcoal Mist

-SC Studio Stainless 2.5

-Odyssey Whitehot XG #9

I am a blade man...8802 style to be exact. They just suit my eye and I putt best with them. And of the ones I've tried...no one does it like T.P. Mills.

That being said...nothing, and I mean NOTHING :rolleyes: beats this recent aquisition. It's a wild combination of SS and carbon...fused into a gorgeous creation that feels amazing. Don't try to figure it out...just enjoy the pics! :D

RIDE

R0014798.jpg

R0014806.jpg

R0014809.jpg

R0014811.jpg

R0014822.jpg

R0014840.jpg

Any Titleist S Cameron Studio Stainless Newport model, not sound slot beached.

These are the best feeling putter ever IMO.

Callaway Maverick Max 9*  Mitsubishi C-6 blue
TM SIM Max 15* fw  Ventus blue
Ping i20 5 fw  Project X
TM M4 hyb  Atmos
TM M5   5-pw  Tesei 
Ping Glide 2.0 - 50, 56, 60 all SS grind AWT 2.0
Toulon Las Vegas H7 Stroke Lab  

I've had a Scotty Studio Style, NC Milled Series, Odyssey XG #9, YES! Nicky, MacGregor V-Foil GT Mini, Odyssey Rossie, and a couple others. This one keeps going back in the bag.

A TaylorMade Rossa Daytona Tour 1-02, 33 1/2". I bought it in early '05, and I just can't fathom getting rid of it, it's such a reliable putter (makes me wonder why I looked elsewhere, trying to find something else that works just as well).

I just sold this putter on Ebay. I still have two left, one in the bag and the other just in case the first one drowns. Seriously I've used a Cobra Bobby Grace Lo Pro since 1997. This is the only putter, just one man's humble opinion. I did just pick up a Slighter Kirkland which is out having some cosmetic surgery at the moment but may at some point find it's way into the bag. BTW the Kirkland has a UST Frequency Filtered Putter shaft. Does anyone have any good or bad information they'd like to share about this shaft?, ,

RIDE,

This is a very interesting putter. I have never heard of a mixed construction like this, is it a special model or is this something TP has been doing for a while? Nice looking stick you have there.

LSeca

That being said...nothing, and I mean NOTHING :rolleyes: beats this recent aquisition. It's a wild combination of SS and carbon...fused into a gorgeous creation that feels amazing. Don't try to figure it out...just enjoy the pics! :D

RIDE