Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Whiteboard

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Was just wondering a few things about the whiteboard. There seem to be a lot of people playing the X flex. What swings speeds are you guys at? Here in Australia they recommend you stay away from an X if you're not averaging a swing speed around 115 mph, but i was just doing some research (slow day at work, i guess nobody wants to hit balls when it's freezing and wet) and notice that the Mitsubishi Rayon site recommends an X for anyone averaging 106...

Can anyone shed any light on the situation? Are we too conservative over here in Oz?

Titleist 909D3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73x
Titleist 906F2 w/ Diamana Bluebored 83x
Mizuno MP-4 3-PW w/ KBS C-Taper x-flex
Scratch Tour Department 52*
Cleveland Reg. 588 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

I am 110-118 and I play an 83 gram stiff tipped just a tad, but it's still softer than an X, and I LOVE IT! I've got the CPM back at home but I'm on a business trip so I'll post it when I get back...I play X's all the time- and after not being able to get an X Redboard off the ground, I'm really glad I bought a stiff WB!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just picked up an FT-5 Tour (9.5) with a WB in a 73 stiff flex.

Reading about the stiff tip and mid-section made me a bit nervous about switching drivers. I had the same FT-5 Tour head with a 73g Blue Board. That worked fine for me for awhile but I've been hooking it a bit more lately.

I have to say after one mini-session at the range that the shaft/head combo that I have now is great for my swing. My swing speed is only about 100, maybe 105 if I swing a bit wild.

I like it and I can say that even mid-high handicappers could use the shaft.

• 1 month later...
That's some incredible distance for 105. Thankfully i will be hitting a WB for the first time ever tomorrow and cannot wait.

SS might be a little off, that's just a guesstimate. Anyway, what's your take on the WB?

Well the WB we we were talking about was a TBTP shaft i nabbed and i was disappointed, but after ho'ing ing a factory WB73 in a TBTP i have doubts the TM one is the real mc'coy. Anways, the WB73 is a BEAUTIFUL shaft, incredible feel, great accuracy and just so stable and low spinning. A wonderful shaft. Oh and o do think you don't give yourself enough credit on the SS. Better than going the other way tho.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I am currently on my second WB for a driver shaft. After playing countless shafts that ranged anywhere from $50-$350, I am sticking with the WB. It is perfect in every way for my game. I love the smooth feel of the shaft, but it will easily hang with my swing. I hope that this shaft is around for years to come, because it is a real winner in every way possible.

Whiteboard 73 S-flex vs Blueboard 73 X-flex. I demoed a BB 73 X today on a 9.5 Hyper X head, liked the feel, but there wasn't WB for me to compare. Although, I have to say the X plays on the soft side of a X-flex. WB users, is the shaft very demanding to load? I currently have a 757S on 907D2. My SS is approx. 105 w/ a faster tempo. Please comment on both shafts. Thanks. :D

If you can load a 757s you can load a WB73s. The WB has a softer butt and the "feel" is that it loads high up the shaft nearer the hands. The WB drops a noticable amount of spin from the BB, tho the BB is sure as heck no high spin shaft for your normal good golfer. If you have probs with ballooning and high spin the WB is a GREAT shaft.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Well i gave the WB73s a huge workout today and it passed with flying colors. I've never hit a shaft with such incredible dispersion. It's convinced me my game is best served by a stiff tipped shaft, and surely they don't come much better. My Tour Issue V1 with 660TR in head to head battle today felt a little loose and slightly spinny in comparison to the TBTP with WB73s. Looks like a good time to keep an eye out for a 7Z08 and try that baby as well to make the competition fair.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

If you can load a 757s you can load a WB73s. The WB has a softer butt and the "feel" is that it loads high up the shaft nearer the hands. The WB drops a noticable amount of spin from the BB, tho the BB is sure as heck no high spin shaft for your normal good golfer. If you have probs with ballooning and high spin the WB is a GREAT shaft.

Qegurezi: I do have a higher ball flight, I don't think its ballooning though. However, a slightly lower flight & more run will definitely help in distance. I like the feel of the BB 73x, my concern is the 'stiff tip' WB, does the shaft feel boardy? I had a rombax 7x07 in my 907D2 & my misses were always left...That's when I went back to a 757s. I want to take the left side out of the equation & I heard great things about the WB. Just a little concern about the 'stiff tip' & overall feel of the shaft.

Qegurezi: I do have a higher ball flight, I don't think its ballooning though. However, a slightly lower flight & more run will definitely help in distance. I like the feel of the BB 73x, my concern is the 'stiff tip' WB, does the shaft feel boardy? I had a rombax 7x07 in my 907D2 & my misses were always left...That's when I went back to a 757s. I want to take the left side out of the equation & I heard great things about the WB. Just a little concern about the 'stiff tip' & overall feel of the shaft.

I'll do my best. My SS is only 100mph but my swing is VERY short and i really load and accelerate that shaft. I have seen a few claim the WB is a bit boardy, but i am betting most either lacked the SS or didn't load hard enough to appreciate the shaft.

I myself find the WB to be awesome feeling. The shaft is made to be very stiff in the tip and midsection but softer in the butt. Many will tell you this is the reason such a stiff tip and midsection shaft can feel so smooth. I find it extremely lively feeling and better than the 757.

The WB is a great anti left shaft, better in this regard than the 757. What surprises me however is that i can still get my little natural draw and fades don't get away from me. This is, for me, one incredibly accurate shaft. It will definitely take spin off a 757, but launch wouldn't be dramatically different IMO.

If you are VERY smooth you MIGHT have reason to worry, i am not sure. Pulls retain a lot of value and you'd get back a lot of what you spend if worst came to worst.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

• 1 month later...
Anyone know if they have a .350 tip whiteboard. I have an ft-5 tour and cant find a whiteboard 83X with a .350 tip

Hi,

I have seen some on Callaway Pre Owned some time ago but mainly only 73 S in 10.5 head. Maybe you check randomly.

By the way I have FT 5 Tour 8.5 with V2 85 S 0.350 tip od and its a cannon. Maybe you try that set up as well. Just for ho´ing or maybe it ends in your bag as it did for me and it will stay in my bag for some time.

Golfingly,

SJW

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just got a 73x wb installed and took her out on the range for the first time today. its quite a bit heavier than my 65 nv, but ball flight came down quite a bit and i was able to consistently hit some nice straight balls. Any misses were nice fades. My ss is only 105, but seems like the x-flex and shaft combo has helped tighten up dispersion tremendously. I can't wait to hit some pro-v1's with this. So far, I couldn't be happier. the shaft is living up to its hype.

I have had two drivers with the WB shaft and it definitely gets the spin down. Oddly, I tend to put a lot of spin on the ball but don't launch very high. My swing speed is 104-105 with a fast tempo and I found that the WB allowed me to go to a higher lofted driver to get the launch angle I needed while keeping the spin rate in the 2400 range. Right now I am using a Rapture V2 with the BB and while I love the feel and carry is good, I do not get much roll out. I'm going to see how the Motore F1 shaft works for me when the R9 shows up. If I like the R9 stock set up, I may have a brand new Japanese Version (With Flowerband) WB 63 Stiff shaft for sale.

• 1 month later...

I feel that WB and Fuji Rombax Z are pretty much similar. Does anyone feel the same way?

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star