2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blueboard

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the flowerband blue board in an Ft-5 9.5 tour, the shaft is 83g X-flex and the combination practically can't be matched. The blue board has rediculous stability through impact and i can't wait to put one in an Ft 3 or 5 wood. Sure the price is like the price of a dew driver, but if you want to hit longer straighter drives , this shaft is a must!

Tiger woods uses these shafts!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a new Ping G-5 9 degree with this shaft in an 83 x-stiff, I haven't played it yet, waiting for it to come in the mail. I used to play the G-10 10.5 degree with a PL Blue in it, 64 gram stiff. Liked it, but felt I could get a little bit more out of something better. Any thoughts on what's going to change. I'm assuming that my ball flight will come down somewhat, and my draw will become straighter, which can't hurt. Anyone??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im hitting the 83g stiff in a nike sumo 5000, driver swing speed at 103mph.

i agree with the earlier comments, this shaft is rediculusly stable in the hitting area, it never feels like it gets stuck behing you but still packs a punch through the ball, definitely better in the heavier versions, still gives mid-high launch but with very low spin.

im hitting the 83g stiff in a nike sumo 5000, driver swing speed at 103mph.

i agree with the earlier comments, this shaft is rediculusly stable in the hitting area, it never feels like it gets stuck behing you but still packs a punch through the ball, definitely better in the heavier versions, still gives mid-high launch but with very low spin.

I just switched to the 83 gram and I went out today first time playing with it and It made a huge difference!!! My drives before were about 285 yards and I drove 2 par 4's !!!!!!! Un real the difference. Could it be it is just my perfect match for my swing? I am very good golfer and I have never drove the ball like this before. I thought last week was great but today WOW unreal I just had to tell someone. I never believed the shaft could be so much of it. I also had a drive that was over 330 but the 2 drives that I drove the greens were about 319 and 313 yard drives. But this is 45 yard difference just from a shaft. oh well I am sold for life.NIKE TOUR 460 with blueboard 83 stiff

• 1 month later...

I was recently playing a 907D2 7.5*with a V2 85 X stiff. I felt like I was hitting the ball with a stone with that shaft and tended to push the ball to the right a lot with that shaft. I'm a big hitter and was averaging about 305 with this club.

My coach told me I could get a more consistent shot out of a Diamana Blue Board so we picked one up in 83g X-stiff. Ball Flight was slightly higher and I'm now hitting a consistently controlled fade and hitting literally twice as many fairways. We took it a step further and moved up a Degree to an 8.5* head. This ended up being the best combo for me. I'm now averaging about 315 but the more important thing about those extra 10 yards is that it's in the fairway. I also feel like this shaft is A LOT smoother through impact. I feel like I get a much better response with it. My swing speed is 115-125 mph. Holds me with no problem at all.

I'm going to rate it as a 4 out of 5 because I'm not sure this shaft will hold me after I gain another 20lbs of muscle which is my goal. I might have to look into the white board at that point. This shaft is definitely worth the extra money if you have it.

Edit: Just found my print outs from the switch and my side spin dropped 33% from the V2

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have it in the 905R 8.5 73S (x5ct version of course) really good

now trying it in an FT 5 Tour 73 X (lets see) will keep you posted;

I am just wondering why there are no more replies to this thread of the famous BB

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

Anybody know how this shaft compares to the Prolaunch Platinum? or the Aldila Voodoo?

Both of those shafts are mid-kick shafts so in a way you are comparing apples to oranges. It depends what kind of ball flight you are looking for.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

• 2 weeks later...

Lucked up and bought a nearly brand new MX-560 off ebay for 120$ with a Blueboard installed. The only thing I can think of is that some guy with a lot of money customed ordered one of these with the BB in it and just hated the sound(it's loud). It looked like it had never been hit. I couldn't believe the listing so had to call them and ask them to check and see if it was the BB. I felt like I was getting a real steal and can't believe how well I'm hitting the ball.

My swing speed is somewhere between 104 and 118 depending on how hard I want to swing. The 63 stiff version of this shaft did not respond well to me swinging "easy". I've gone to swinging strong with it and the course is playing a little shorter now. With the giant,forgiving head I've got on it this has turned out to be a long forgiving bomber for me.

This is my first go at a non-stock offered driver shaft and it's lived up to the hype.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

I was thinking of putting a new shaft in my 2008 TM Tour Burner TP. Originally, I was going to put in a Diamana Blue Board 63R because my swing speed is anywhere from 85 to 90. Last week a club installer recommended an Accra Tour 50 M3 Flex instead of the Blue Board, stating that the Accra was a better shaft as well as cheaper. Has anyone compared these two shafts that can give me some input?

I have a Blueboard in my 3 wood, and I can't recommend it enough. I originally had the stock NIKE Diamana S flex in my 3 wood, until my club guy beckoned me over to his trunk before a round. He had another NIKE 3 wood, but with an X flex Blueboard. Before, the 3 wood was a little wild. Loved the feel of the head, but the shaft wasn't getting it done. I tried this club on the range and it never left the bag from that point.

Its nearly impossible to hit my 3 wood wayward. In fact, my misses with my 3 wood are straight. I hit a little draw off the tee and a baby cut off the deck. But when I miss with this club, it goes straight. For example, I play for a baby cut and it just goes down the target line.

Exceptional shaft. Just exceptional. Feels so stable and solid. Best shaft I've ever had.

Thanks for the input. I'm definitely getting the blue board for my TBTP. I have hit the TBTP with the stock whiteboard in Stiff flex and the dispersion is great on that shaft. I'm glad you pointed out that the blue board has similar dispersion. I figure with the blue board in R flex should give me a little more height and distance, too.

Sthomp, a $300.00 shaft(Diamana) to Accra which i know dont retail for $300.00 all but tells the story. Not to say that the Accra shafts aren't good, because they are. But for the Dealer to say it's a better shaft period is just not true. The Diamana shafts are some of the bests shafts you can buy. Ask Tiger. The best player in the world i think knows what he's doing. He plays a ...????? A DIAMANA blue board. Put the Blue board in your club and let er rip.

George

Tiger played a blueboard in his driver until last spring when he caved in the face of his driver. His new gamer has a whiteboard in it.

What is your ball flight and spin like? Have you ever been on a launch monitor? The blueboard is a much lower launching and spinning shaft than the redboard. The redboard is a Higher launching and spinning shaft than the blue. If your swinging the driver anywhere over 100 mph I can think of fewer and fewer cases where the redboard would benefit you.

thanks lewdogg,

im right around 100 right now.. who knows next season.. I dont have any problems hitting it high.. I would like to get the trajectory and spin down a bit. My ball seems to land and roll about 5-10 yards depending on course. I think I need to change my fade into a draw if I want more roll out of my drives. My drives are not my strong points.. I can only punch it out there around 240-260 (almost 3 wood distance) :(

Im currently playing to a 5.6 but im not sure if I have the game or swing speed for the blueboard.

WOuld the ROmbax W or Z be a better fit for me? I would like to throw one of these shafts on my FT-5.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help please. I have the dual 16 and 22 tp with the diamana stiff. I was thinking of going with this shaft in my 3 wood ts 13 and my superquad. I love the shaft in my utilities. Can anyone shed some light if I go to this shaft? Currently have the UST V2 65 in my superquad and the fuji s in the ts 13. SS is about 100-105. hitting a 10.5 and current carry around 240.

I'm writing in the the wrong section but I am considering this shaft as I recently purchased a 907 D2 driver with a whiteboard 83g shaft. I don't have a 120+ ss, so I think I have the wrong setup. I swing about 105 and have a mid trajectory with my driver. The whiteboard felt ok and I was hitting it pretty good, but I don't think I'm loading it, especially if you need to be at the 120 mark to load this shaft.

So with my SS, what do I lose keeping this setup? Distance? Flight is ok, I'm able to lauch it but I think I'm losing yardage. I bought this on sale with the upgraded shafts on them, and I can't find a blueboard to exchange it with. I hit the blue today and it felt alot better, I was able to feel the shaft flex/bend on contact, is this the loading of the shaft?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Diamana BB in my last driver, which was a TM Superquad. I was using the X stiff 63g and I have mixed feelings about it. For distance, this shaft delivers. I hit some serious bombs with this thing. As far as stability, thats where I'm not a huge fan. I noticed that if I kept my swing at or about 85 percent, the shaft was very stable and smooth. However, if I needed to put the hammer down and really lay into a drive, the BB would really break down and get wild on me. Over time, I began to notice that the head was really dragging behind, and I had to make some mid-swing corrections to control this when I really went after one. This became a problem, especially in tournaments when I'm a little more amped up anyway. I think this shaft (at least the 63g) plays less than x-stiff. To back this up, I have since given this driver to my brother who's ss is about 100 (mine being 110-112), and he has no issues with it getting wild. It perfectly suits him. I'm going to put a 73g x WB in my FT-5 and see if that is more stable.

As far as the BB, its a great shaft. Like I said before, this thing can bring it when it comes to distance. I'm sure if I played a 73g or an 83g, the shaft would have been stable enough, but the 63g was just to gummy.

+1 exactly right;

very good shaft in general and play less than X flex for me (have BB 73X in FT 5 Tour)

very smooth and very good feel for those who love that kind of feel and the shaft definately delivers but I would prefer a little more weight in the shaft; the BB 83 X or even 93X may be the right choice for the BB; may be should ty the WB 73 X or 83 S instead.

Thats why I put the 87g V2 85 S from UST Tour shop in my other FT5 Tour

my SS is around 112 to 117 mph so average round 114mph

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ghost Tour Daytona 12 35´´[/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]SM 5 58°/8 PX 6.5 +1´´ 1° up
SM 5 52°/8 PX 6.5 +0.75´´ 1° strong 1°up
712 MB (3-PW) PX 7.0 +0.5´´ 2° strong 1° up[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]910 H 17° (A1) Speeder 904 X 40.25´´
913 FD 13.5° (D1) Diamana White D+ 82 X 43´´
910 D3 8.5° (D1) Pro Launch Red X 45´´[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist stand bag ultra lightweight, Titleist glooves, FootJoy shoes[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lamkin Crossline Midsize for irons / wedges and Standard 58 for hybrid / woods[/font][/size]

• 4 weeks later...

i`m searching for a new driver, but i live in south america and you can´t make any fiting process here so you can only buy clubs for internet and pray for made a good choice of flex and loft in a club.

I´m between a taylormade tour burner standard 9.5* with vs proto stiff 65 grams or a titleist D2 9.5 with diamana blue board 65 stiff... my old driver is a macgregor nvg2 tour 445cc 9* with the stock fujikura speeder quaddra action 70gr stiff(in won`t buy any stock shaft of any brand in my hole life) that a considered to weak and want a stiffer shaft that wont make hook tha ball.

i dont know my current swing speed but im 17 years old 15 hdcp and mi average driver is about 270 total distance and i play an old set of titleist DCI 990 forged 6 iron 170 carry distance... have anybody a suggestion????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a Cleveland '09 Launcher with a Rombax 7x07 stiff, monitior number's are 15 LA, 2900 spin rate. Would I be better off with a Blueboard or Redboard. The Diamana shafts feel so much smoother to me. Also, swing speed is around 99 to 105 sometimes up around 110 but try to stay away from swing that hard. What would you think stiff or x-stiff? I've never tried a x-stiff in any shaft but just thinking about it.