Tour Edge Exotics XCG

Finally found the fairway wood I've been looking for since I picked up the game four years ago. Square to Open Face, no alignment aid's, hit it off the deck and tee, and the thing is HOT. So hot I'm actually wondering how the club is legal!!! With my length there is not a single par 5 I'm not thinking about a Birdy on anymore. This thing can go 275 off the deck with no problem. I actually would feel comfortable playing this all day if the driver is misbehaving too. Great Club. TEE got it right!

Callaway Epic Max LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6 X
TaylorMade SIM2 15* & 19* Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 7 & 8 X

Srixon ZX7 4-AW Mitsubishi MMT 105 TX

Mizuno T20 Raw 57/11@56 & 61/07@60 Mitsubishi MMT Scoring Wedge 105 TX

Evnroll ER 2.2 MidBlade Mitsubishi MMT Putter Concept 135
Titleist Pro V1x #13

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a 15° XCG V with the Voodoo, S flex. Replaced my CB1 4 wood.

Wow, after several hits, and none bad, all I can say is WOW! More forgiving, longer, easier to hit, larger head, higher than my 4 wood and did I mention straight? The sole allows you to play the head open and not have the face off the ground. I can hold it open and hit dead straight balls for once, no big hooks for me. Shaft works well, not too soft like the CB1 Fuji was (replaced with a V2 75) and has great feel. Low handicaps may think the head is too large, not me.

• 4 weeks later...

I currently have the TEE XCG 16.5 degree 4-wood with the stock Graphite Design X-Quad stiff shaft. The club feels great and is extremely easy to hit. It feels like it sets up and plays completely neutral to me. It is by far the easiest to hit fairway wood I've ever had. I've always struggled hitting fairway woods high enough which is why I normally play a 4-wood instead of a 3. This is actually the first fairway wood that I hit TOO high. I hit it so high (and with lots of spin) that I hit my 3 hybrid farther off the deck. My driver SS is about 95-100 so I thought that shaft in stiff would be fine but it definitely is not a good fit for me. I'm guessing the DVS or V2 would work better.

I would definitely recommend the club overall, but as usual, you gotta find the right shaft that works for you.

I have always enjoyed this club but would recommend it for very few players. This club hits a very low ball and is very, very pricey. I loved this club from the start but could only afford it after finding one used at my local Pro Golf store. If you are either a very good wood player or looking for a club to serve as a back-up driver, this is the club for you.

***DO NOT BUY IN A 5-WOOD OR 7-WOOD. YOU WON'T GET IT OFF THE GROUND***

I don't know about that bro? I mash the 5 wood even better than the 3 wood. I'm an 11 index with a 100mph swing speed and it gets up off the ground just fine for me.

Agree - 7 wood = "high and soft drop" for me.

any feedback from someone with a 110+ SS playing the XCG-V with a proforce V2?

Basically, I've got a V2 75x in my gamer and it is perfect for me... I was able to get a feel for this club at my local range but I had to really tone it back (105-100) to get the Tour AD stiff stock offering to produce a consistent result -- but when I slowed it down enough to control the shaft this thing was absoute MONEY. I know with a V2 I would not have to worry about going after it -- just wanted to hear some feedback in regard to how it performs with a V2...

Thx.

• 1 month later...

Hey Cali... I'm a higher ss guy and I've got an XCG 3 wood with a V2 Fairway X flex and LOVE it. I can lean right into it and get a baby draw. It's a thing of beauty. I got it on eBay and payed way less than what it was retail. I have a TM Burner TP 14.5* with the 75g stock shaft and like that one too, but the XCG is an average 10 yards longer for me. Both great clubs, but the TEE bumped it out of the bag. Best of luck!

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Ok, this is it. I am a 6 Hcp. I just bagged a XCG-V 15 degree Voodoo SVS7 Stiff. My previous 15 degree was a R7TP 15 Fujikura Vista Pro 80 which I have been loyal since it came out. The only thing I can say is that this Exotics is unbelievable. Long and workable at leisure. I would recommend this club to anyone. Don't hesitate you can't go wrong.

I enjoy this club so much, I am ordering the driver.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the XCG-3 4wd set at 43" length, and its been in my bag for about a month. Late Sunday after a bad tee shot leaked right, into the rough amongst some trees on a 530 yd par 5. The ball was below my feet, but setting on a difficult downhill lie. I had hoped for and setup for a fade, but what came out was as straight as it could be, landing on the left side barely in the rough. I had a shot from there that put my in position to save par. Me happy camper! However, I gave it a [b]4[/b], because there's no such thing as a perfect club. Perfect never gets replaced. :)

[b]@JD3 [/b]- the stock shaft in mine was altered spec wise. Plus it said 75, but if I recall, turned out to be 69. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. It was replaced with a 80gram.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

I prefer a shallow face FW. Mostly concerned about hitting it off the deck as I don't tend to have issues with my FW off the tee even with a shallow face model.

I have searched but haven't come to a conclusion on face depth on the TEE woods.

Does the CB line have a smaller head and deeper face and the XCG a larger head but shallower face?

I've tried to search for the differences between lines but information is so scattered and differs from person to person.

Can anyone clarify what the differences between the XCG line? Shallow face is what I'm after looking for either 3 or 4 wood.

TIA!

I own XCG 185cc/4wd & 190cc/3wd, and owned the original 3wd which was 170cc. - CB3 3wd = 170cc and CB4 = 170cc.

I was very concerned about head size of XCG till I got it, and put in next to my Kasco Tour 4wd which is 120cc and really small. I was surprised their size didn't bother me. I suppose having grow acustom to the 460cc head, these size heads comparatively speaking appear small. So far their size has not been problematic off the deck, and I face tight lies often, or from limited rough conditions. But, I understand if anyone is reticent about their size.

Another concern of mine was the heads design nature it to lift the ball. Thanks to the 81 gram mid-high shaft I use, trajectory is perfect.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1304086846' post='3195869']
I own XCG 185cc/4wd & 190cc/3wd, and owned the original 3wd which was 170cc. - CB3 3wd = 170cc and CB4 = 170cc.

I was very concerned about head size of XCG till I got it, and put in next to my Kasco Tour 4wd which is 120cc and really small. I was surprised their size didn't bother me. I suppose having grow acustom to the 460cc head, these size heads comparatively speaking appear small. So far their size has not been problematic off the deck, and I face tight lies often, or from limited rough conditions. But, I understand if anyone is reticent about their size.

Another concern of mine was the heads design nature it to lift the ball. Thanks to the 81 gram mid-high shaft I use, trajectory is perfect.
[/quote]

The XCG appears to be a smaller head size as well 170cc compared to your XCG3. Which is the same as the CB1 I believe (170cc)

And from what I've read the XCG line is easier off the deck than the CB1 line. The XCG can be had fairly cheap too.

[quote name='TAG617' timestamp='1304100640' post='3196443']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1304086846' post='3195869']

[/quote]

The XCG appears to be a smaller head size as well 170cc compared to your XCG3. Which is the same as the CB1 I believe (170cc)

And from what I've read the XCG line is easier off the deck than the CB1 line. The XCG can be had fairly cheap too.
[/quote]

Introduce yourself to TEE via the XCG. I'd never call it "shallow faced" but it sure is easy to hit and elevate. The CB2 is a lot harder to hit off the deck than the XCG and the CB1 is in between. The XCG3 is unbelievably easy to elevate but man it's a big head. Not shallow either. The XCG is very cheap now and deffo the one i'd recommend to you. The XCG-V launches easy too but it is a massive footprint.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='mike_t' timestamp='1228914495' post='1367661']
I'm a single handicapper and looking to get a new set of woods (3 wood and 5 wood). My SS is 105+ with my driver. Right now i'm playing with the GS tour 14* and 18* with Diamana shafts. I'm debating between the CB2 or XCG, Shaft?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
[/quote]
Mike I've been playing the cb1 with a whiteboard. It's the best club in my bag and has beaten off every other hot three wood going, often by a significant margin. None of the newer TEE clubs are noticeably better. The xcg might be more forgiving but the cb line are not that hard to hit. I just got hold of some talamonti shafts and stuck a pd80 in a cb2. It feels and performs very similar to the wb with a slightly higher launch. Because I play in very windy conditions I'm sticking with the cb1. If you like the diamanas a pd 80x for 25 bucks is worth trying. Ask phil for tipping advice through eBay. I swing my 3 wood at 105 and he recommended tipping x .75 inch which I think was spot on.

• 2 years later...

I just got the original like the one in the OP for $47.00 and I have to agree I think this may be by far the longest wood I have ever hit, and I've hit quite a dang few.

I have the 13* with stock and I am getting it out there to where I'm puting my driver.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 4 months later...

I have been on a quest to find the perfect fairway wood- I used to love the Tour Edge Exotics CB1- longest fairway wood I've ever used. However, as I've aged and lost some of my precision, I found that while I could hit the CB1 a mile off the tee I was having a hard time getting much launch from off the deck. Thus began my search for a new three wood 2 years ago. In that time I have owned (not just hit at the pro shop) owned all of the big brand names. In fact in most cases I've owned multiple lofts and flexes of the big brand names. Among everything I've tried, it comes back to two sticks that really stand out.
Those are the Callaway Razr Fit fairway wood (non-stock shaft) and the Tour Edge Exotics XCG series fairway woods. TEE has a much better, more rewarding feel when you hit it- Callaway is easier to hit off the turf because it's such a shallow face. The TEE is slightly easier to hit off the tee, again, because of a slightly deeper face. I have like the Tour Edge fairway woods for many, many years- They make a dynamite product. If you're a golf nut like me, you really should try out one of their sticks when you get the chance. Btw, I'm a 10-11 handicap with a driver ss of 100 on the button.

Ping G430 Max / G400 Max Drivers

Hybrids:  19* and 22* Ping G425

Irons:  Callaway Steelhead XR

Wedges: Vokey SM9s

Putter:  Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #8

C-130 Cart Bag

Ecco golf shoes