Tour Edge Exotics XCG

Tour Edge Exotics XCG Hybrids

The Tour Edge XCG hybrid combines phenomenal control, class-leading power and stylish design in the true Exotics tradition.

Unlike conventional hybrids, the XCG boasts no-weld technology. The titanium cup face and crown are combo-brazed to the hyper steel body and vacuum heat cured for permanent bonding. This advanced manufacturing technique eliminates unnecessary weld weight allowing more weight to be transferred to the sole. The result is an extremely high MOI (moment of inertia) and a deep CG (center of gravity). Maximizing playability, the sole features a four-way radius design which minimizes ground contact and makes the XCG easier to hit from any lie. Delivering blistering distance you expect from an Exotics, the XCG's utilizes variable face thickness (VFT) technology. The face's slimmer outer edges create an extremely large sweet spot and deliver maximum rebound for amazing shots.

The XCG experience is unlike any other. Your performance boundaries have now been eliminated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have hit all the major hybrids.....most of them are very good , a few are relly good,but the XCG by Tour Edge is outstanding...it has it all; feel, sound, looks, and distance. I'm a 3 handicap, played for 53 years and its the one best club I can remember hitting. I also added the 3 wood, which is almost as impressive and am trying to decide which of their drivers to use. My 4 hybrid has an NVS stiff shaft which I put in because I couldn't wait for the matirx shaft to arrive. I plan to use the Matrix in the rest of my clubs but now am wavering because I love the NVS-4 hyb so much. time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Anymore folks out there have experience with these? I recently tested them at a Demo Day and I must say they felt great. Very powerful. I am currently hitting Nickent 4dx and am very happy with them, but hey I'm always looking.

I have found in the past that sometimes cup face drivers, woods, hybrids, can be hard to control dispersion. Very hot faces, very good distance on mis hits, but accuracy can be a trade off. The Nickents are very accurate so, it will take alot to kick them out.

Thoughts?

TaylorMade SIM D 10.5 Project X Riptide CB 50
TaylorMade SIM D 3 16 Fwy Project X Riptide 60
TaylorMade SIM D 3 Max Rescue 3 19 Ventus

Callaway Rogue Hybrids 4,5 Aldila Synergy
Callaway CF16, 6-PW TT XP95
Callaway X Forged 50-12 / 55-15 C grind / 60.9 C grind
TaylorMade / Balboa / Rossa Maranello / Bettinardi BB34
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Ozone / Edge / Nexos

• 2 months later...

Hi just bought a #2 16* hybrid. I picked this club because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to a XCG 5 wood. I took it out to the course for the first time yesterday. This club is seriously long. I have the Aldila DVS shaft in a stiff flex. This is club is so long I'm questioning why carry a 3 wood. I much more accurate with this shorter shaft than I am with a 3 wood. If it's open or requires great distance I'll use the driver.

I plan to eventually purchase a XCG strong 3 wood, but I'm in no hurry. This 16* hybrid is a cannon. For me it went straight or had a nice draw. I think the draw was related to a swing issue, because I like straight better. I haven't talked distances, but I easily hit this 250 yds +. I can't wait to play this Saturday with my partners and out drive them with a hybrid :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just played with my new XCG 18* last week. I love the look and feel of this club. Hit it about 210 with a high trajectory. I replaced me old TEE hybrid with the movable weights. Loved this club as well but over the last two years began to not like the offset in the head. The new XCG hybrids have no offset and look more traditional. I got the NVS 85S and it works well for me. My driver swing speed is 95-100mph.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm posting in here because there is no separate section for them but I have the TEE Ironwood and it is INCREDIBLE.

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

• 5 months later...

This club is without a doubt the best hybrid on the market.

I have been hitting for almost 5 years a TM Rescue Mid with a NV 85 S.

The 21 degree I bought has a DVS 85 S in it, and it is MONEY!!!

I have been waiting for a hybrid with new technology, and something that has felt better than my trusty TM.

It may be because the DVS is the best shaft for me, have in my 907 D2, and my 909 D3.

Try these out, they are worth the money!!

This club is without a doubt the best hybrid on the market.

I have been hitting for almost 5 years a TM Rescue Mid with a NV 85 S.

The 21 degree I bought has a DVS 85 S in it, and it is MONEY!!!

I have been waiting for a hybrid with new technology, and something that has felt better than my trusty TM.

It may be because the DVS is the best shaft for me, have in my 907 D2, and my 909 D3.

Try these out, they are worth the money!!

Agreed! I have the 3 hybrid w/DVS 85 S and it is outstanding. Nice flat trajectory, no hook tendency, super square set-up and awesome feel. I can even knock it down into the wind if needed.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 3 months later...
There are no reviews for the CB2 hybrids, does anyone have any experience/comparison between them and the new version TEE hybrid?

KH

Funny that you should ask. Yesterday my buddy brought out a CB2 19 degree that he re-shafted with the Aldila DVS shaft. We hit it side by side with the TEE XCG 18 and 21 degree hybrids and the new 18 degree XCGV. We both agreed that the XCG and XCGV were better than the CB2.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Just got mine! I hit nothing but frozen ropes with this bad boy. The trajectory is perfect and it performs better than the Adams I just kicked out of the bag. What I really like about this club is that it launches a touch higher than the other hybrids I've had. To me, it is the easiest and straightest hybrid out there bar none.

• 3 weeks later...

i've owned sets of the following hybrids (number of clubs in parentheses - usually 18*, 21* and 23*, give or take a degree or two on the loft depending on the manufacturer) :

1. ping G5's (4)

2. bridgestone j33's (3)

3. sonertecs (3)

4. adams idea pro gold (4)

and tour edge xcg's (2)

i've not been disappointed with any of my hybrids, but the tour edge xcg's are my favorites. i hit high bombs that fall out of the sky like dead hamsters. love them.

• 1 month later...
I had the HiBore XLS 2h 19* and 3h 22* in my bag and liked them very much. They were knocked out by the TEE XCH 3h 18* and 4h* 21. Thinking about getting the 2h but trying to figure out if it can ever replace my XCG 4 FW 16.5*.

I have the 2-hybrid and 4-hybrid, and lately have noticed that they are my go-to clubs almost exclusively on longer fairway shots. Although I also have the TEE 3-wood (13 degree) and 4-wood (16.5), I am much more comfortable hitting my 2-hybrid, so maybe hit my woods once per round (e.g., on a downhill 235-245 yard par-3). I'm about at the point of just taking my woods out and saying goodbye to them forever, and seeing if I can get a letter campaign going have TE release a 13 degree hybrid. Then I could wave goodbye to my driver as well.

Just picked up XCG-V 3 and 4 hybrids and spent a couple hours on the range with them. Previously i had been playing Adams idea pro. After hitting +/- 100 balls with the Exotics, i like them a lot.

Great address - seemed a little open- which is great for me as i was always fighting hook with the Adams, and didnt seem to have this problem with the XCGV's.

Ball flight was a little higher than i got from Adams, which i liked. Also seemed to get an additional 5-10 yards of carry, but want to play a few rounds before i am convinced of this.

I've been looking into the XCG hybrids. The only thing I don't like is I haven't been able to find a 20* they seem to have such strong lofts. 3H is 18*!! I was looking for a 3H with more like 20* and a 2 with 18* my 3 wood is 15* so having a 2H with 16* of loft seems somewhat pointless even though distance would still be less than my 3 wood.

I was thinking of getting just the 18* but then I would have a pretty large gap between my 3H and my 4i I think...

[quote name='TAG617' post='1841168' date='Jul 25 2009, 04:12 AM']I've been looking into the XCG hybrids. The only thing I don't like is I haven't been able to find a 20* they seem to have such strong lofts. 3H is 18*!! I was looking for a 3H with more like 20* and a 2 with 18* my 3 wood is 15* so having a 2H with 16* of loft seems somewhat pointless even though distance would still be less than my 3 wood.

I was thinking of getting just the 18* but then I would have a pretty large gap between my 3H and my 4i I think...[/quote]

If it was as long as your 2H you could drop out your Cobra 2 maybe. I've got the XCG 3 and it is some club. There's one new in the BST, but i'm not up with what they currently go for.

GREAT hybrid.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='TAG617' post='1841744' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:17 AM']Yeah that's what I was thinking. Dropping both my bafflers and picking up the 18* XCG. I've seen them go for around $80 on the bay.[/quote]

It was pure butter for me yet again today in comp. I'm using it loads second shot on par 5's when my lie isn't perfect. It's long, forgiving and bullet straight with low spin. It's not one of these hybrids with high flowery flights, but i wasn't after that.

I went thru the Sonartec MD, Adams Idea Pro, TM Rescue TP and CB1 before finding this gem. The TP was a little longer but had an extra inch or more of shaft LOL. The CB1 was ok but i kept reading these were better so i jumped.

I'm actually shocked how well the stock DVS holds up. GREAT shaft for me, and i like BB73's, F7M2's and the like in drivers.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Hi,

[b][i]My wallet has already been emptied due to the unbelievable 100% rating.
[/i][/b]
I wanted the TEE XCG hybrid #2 and #4 with DVS-85R, but could only get #2 with DVS-85S so I decided to get the #3 that had DVS-85R, I'll swap the shafts if needed, means hard-stepping #2 with #3 shaft but I'm not that worried.

I got 2nd hand in Excellent and Good conditons with headcovers, cost me an average US$69 each + shipping so I'm pretty happy. The only other option was to get #2 and #4 with stock X-Quad shafts but didn't want those.

I'm in Australia and they arrive on Monday, I'll be trying on Wednesday and I'll report back.

Cheerz :):D;)

[quote name='TheIronChef' post='1842199' date='Jul 25 2009, 04:41 PM']WTF. 100% 5 star rating. I think my wallet is in danger here.[/quote]

[quote name='daMANiack' post='1842257' date='Jul 25 2009, 04:42 AM']Hi,

[b][i]My wallet has already been emptied due to the unbelievable 100% rating.
[/i][/b]
I wanted the TEE XCG hybrid #2 and #4 with DVS-85R, but could only get #2 with DVS-85S so I decided to get the #3 that had DVS-85R, I'll swap the shafts if needed, means hard-stepping #2 with #3 shaft but I'm not that worried.

I got 2nd hand in Excellent and Good conditons with headcovers, cost me an average US$69 each + shipping so I'm pretty happy. The only other option was to get #2 and #4 with stock X-Quad shafts but didn't want those.

I'm in Australia and they arrive on Monday, I'll be trying on Wednesday and I'll report back.

[quote name='TheIronChef' post='1842199' date='Jul 25 2009, 04:41 PM']WTF. 100% 5 star rating. I think my wallet is in danger here.[/quote]
[/quote]

Heck, I am a lefty so that means no ebay for me. $300 is gonna hurt.

[quote name='TAG617' post='1841168' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:12 PM']I've been looking into the XCG hybrids. The only thing I don't like is I haven't been able to find a 20* they seem to have such strong lofts. 3H is 18*!! I was looking for a 3H with more like 20* and a 2 with 18* my 3 wood is 15* so having a 2H with 16* of loft seems somewhat pointless even though distance would still be less than my 3 wood.

I was thinking of getting just the 18* but then I would have a pretty large gap between my 3H and my 4i I think...[/quote]
I replaced my 3 iron with the XCG 4h (21 degree). I tried the 18 degree but hit it too far for a 3 iron replacement. My advice is forget about whether the club has a 3 or a 4 on the bottom. Find the appropriate loft and test to make sure it produces the distance you desire for that spot in your bag.

These are great hybrids!

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Hi,

I purchased the Tour Edge Exotics XCG #2, #3 and #4 with DVS-85, decided to get the 3 of them just incase as the supplier had very few with DVS-85 shafts.

Currently using the #3 and I must say I'm impressed.

Long, so easy to work, hit high fades, low draws and straight. I've never been a good hybrid player but these XCG's are great clubs.

I'm not sure if it's because they are shorter in length. Comparing to Adams Idea Gold #2 18* is 41", the TEE XCG #3 18* is 39.5".

Never understood TEE's logic with their lofts, #2 16*, #3 18* and #4 21*.

• 3 weeks later...

Agree w/other posters that these are the best hybrids I've ever hit. I've owned or demo'ed the Taylor Made Rescue Dual, Taylor Made Burner, Cleveland Hi-Bore, Ping G10 and Titleist 909H. I have been playing the TM Burners and wanted something stronger lofted than a 19 degree. I did some research and went into the pga superstore and hit the adams, nickent 5dx and tour edge xcg.

Didn't like the look of the adams at all - couldn't get over the rectangle shape - and I've played square drivers before. Anyway, the Nickent 5DX was really solid - the silver wings didn't bother me that much - after about 10 swings I forgot they were there. It felt very well balanced, the fuji shaft felt good, nothing at all not to like - could have bought the 5DX in a heart beat. Significant improvement over the Burners in my bag - strong ball flight, good distance, great balance.

Then I hit the Tour Edge XCG hybrid with the DVS 85 gm shaft. WOW. All the things I mentioned about the Nickent 5DX were here as well with 10 mph more ball speed (for the same loft). Absolute bombs - all with a slight draw or straight. Great, great, traditional look at address - love the neutral to slightly open face - no closed face, multi-colored crown or funny shapes here. Contact just feels incredible - lilke nothing I've hit before.

I've taken the Exotics XCG hybrids to the range 3 times now and hit over 100 shots - off the tee and off the turf. The results are even better than the launch monitor. I can hit the 16 degree as far as my 13 degree 3 wood - with much more consistent strikes and better ball control - I'll take a 40.5" shaft over a 43" shaft every day if I can hit the ball the same distance.

I now have a 16 and 21 degree in my bag and took out my 3 wood and 5 wood. Goodbye forever to fairway woods. Hello Exotics.

[quote name='TAG617' post='1899866' date='Aug 19 2009, 10:02 AM']I freaking LOVE this hybrid. Easily best hybrid I have hit. MUCH better than the Baffler DWS it replaced. Looking to get the 16* & 21* who needs woods with these things?! No wonder why 33 people have rated it a 5...[/quote]

I've played this all summer. Clearly the best rescue I've ever hit and my favorite club in the bag.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bbleous' post='1124403' date='Jun 18 2008, 12:23 PM']Hi just bought a #2 16* hybrid. I picked this club because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to a XCG 5 wood. I took it out to the course for the first time yesterday. This club is seriously long. I have the Aldila DVS shaft in a stiff flex. This is club is so long I'm questioning why carry a 3 wood. I much more accurate with this shorter shaft than I am with a 3 wood. If it's open or requires great distance I'll use the driver.

I plan to eventually purchase a XCG strong 3 wood, but I'm in no hurry. This 16* hybrid is a cannon. For me it went straight or had a nice draw. I think the draw was related to a swing issue, because I like straight better. I haven't talked distances, but I easily hit this 250 yds +. I can't wait to play this Saturday with my partners and out drive them with a hybrid :D[/quote]

That's the exact setup I have XCG strong 3W and the 16* 2H, and it's unbelievably good. The hybrid is an easy 220 off the deck, and I can rip the 3-wood 250-260 from the tee or off the deck. I was 310 out on a long par 5 last week and I went for it with my 3W (had a little wind at my back) and launched it into the greenside bunker. Felt like Tiger til I walked up and saw it buried under the lip. The DVS shaft seems to fit these things to a tee, too.