WITB? mat562...

ha, was eiffel 65 really '99? time flies. but talk about a classic anthem.... who else would think to use the phrase 'da ba dee da ba die' in a song?

Oh dear I remember that song, it was awful. I've got a hatred for the colour blue anyway (I'm a Villa fan, most of the U.K guys will understand why). My Grafalloy Blue is actually spray painted black for that reason!

Speaking of back in time, does anyone remember the old bullseye putters you could putt left or right handed, the ones that looked like little one irons without grooves, and when the Karsten style putters came out they were considered the game improvement putters and not blades? Wow, has times changed.

Notah Begay used to putt like that a few years ago. Right handed for right to left putts and left handed for left to right putts.

Karsten putters were indeed considered game improvement at the time. In those days, if you were a player, you got your local blacksmith to knock you up a blade :russian_roulette:

ha, was eiffel 65 really '99? time flies. but talk about a classic anthem.... who else would think to use the phrase 'da ba dee da ba die' in a song?

Oh dear I remember that song, it was awful. I've got a hatred for the colour blue anyway (I'm a Villa fan, most of the U.K guys will understand why). My Grafalloy Blue is actually spray painted black for that reason!

:russian_roulette: God that's funny...I'll feel sorry for you Steve hahaha. I've still got the song too

(I'm a Villa fan, most of the U.K guys will understand why)

as in Aston Villa??

speaking of which...GARETH BARRY

Yes mate. We've just turned down another bid for him from Liverpool but I'd be surprised if he stays. It's a shame but if he wants to play in the Champions League next season, I'll understand if he moves.

Could be worse, could be a Sheffield United fan like Matt!

Yes mate. We've just turned down another bid for him from Liverpool but I'd be surprised if he stays. It's a shame but if he wants to play in the Champions League next season, I'll understand if he moves.

lol that is tragic...

i think they actually have a good team, but warnock's gone which doesn't help

im a united fan (no, not a band wagon-er lol)

lol that is tragic...

i think they actually have a good team, but warnock's gone which doesn't help

im a united fan (no, not a band wagon-er lol)

Lol, Matt's going to love this when he logs on.

They are his local team though. How did you end up supporting United?! In all fairness, along with the New York Yankees, they've worked the global marketing machine better than anyone else. They seem to have fans all over the world (except for Manchester itself :russian_roulette: ). Whenever I watch a news report about a third world or war torn country, there always seems to be some kid in the background with a United shirt on!

Hey Villa,

If you think Mat has pain following Sheff Utd try a season or two with the Mighty Millers (aka Rotherham United!!)

4 Chairmen since 2005, 2 relegations, 2 administrations, umpteen points deducted and now we are playing in Don Valley athletics stadium as they couldnt agree terms with the former chairman who owns Millmoor. It can always be worse!!

Back to the golf though I love the retro 80s stuff. In fact I nearly treated myself to a set of Taylor Made ICW 11 irons the other day for £25! Plus I only recently retired a 1988 Ping My Day that was on and off my gamer for all that time seeing off no less than 14 other contenders (think the Joe Calzaghe of putters!)

I draw the line though at Eiffel 65 and their 90s Euro-pop floor-filler "Blue" da ba di daba dah, daba dee .......

Yikes cant get that one out of head now!!!!!!!!

That Aint Billy Bob!!

Lol, Matt's going to love this when he logs on.

They are his local team though. How did you end up supporting United?! In all fairness, along with the New York Yankees, they've worked the global marketing machine better than anyone else. They seem to have fans all over the world (except for Manchester itself :friends: ). Whenever I watch a news report about a third world or war torn country, there always seems to be some kid in the background with a United shirt on!

at least he doesn't go for wednesday

united, mid/late 90s and beckham sums it up, in love ever since

the global marketing machine thing is actually really off putting, but yeah i've given up caring, hell i wouldn't care if we're in league one

Hahaha - could be worse - Derby County...

True :russian_roulette:

i'm still trying to decide whether they are worst or mick mccarthy's sunderland...

Aaaaarrggghh! What's happened to my beautiful thread????

:friends:

In fairness to my support for Sheffield Utd, where I grew up was essentially equidistant from several teams. Discounting Worksop Town, the choicewas essentially between Donny Rovers, Rotherham Utd (which is actually the nearest) and the two Sheffield teams. My dad was no help since he was born in Cornwall, went to university in Bristol, and bizarrely supports Everton...

At junior school you either supported United or Wednesday. Or Rotherham if you were a bit effeminate. :russian_roulette: I picked United and have regretted it ever since. Mind you, last time I went to Millmoor a year or two back, I went with a friend and plonked down a tenner onto the counter saying 'two please mate..' The bloke behind the screen said: 'What does tha want mate? Fullbacks or strikers?'

The task for today is to get some pics of the new additions - but it will involve figuring out how to get the sofware working that came with this new phone/camera. Bill Gates I'm not, sadly.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

Bah.

Just had a fiddle with the CD-ROM thing and it's hopeless. A bit like me with all things 'computers...'

Hard to believe, but I'm a better putter than I am an IT-type.

If I manage to get one of the ten year old kids from the neighbourhood to sort it out for me, I'll post some pics of the new additions. Either that or I'll let one of the girls randomly bash the keys on the laptop. There's probably as much chance of that working than me doing it...

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Cheers Shane.

As the old saying goes: 'If it ain't broke...'

Apart from my constant putter-changing (which I keep resolving to stop) and a bit of sand wedge and 1 iron swippery-swappery, I haven't made any significant changes since last year, when I replaced my irons with more of the same.

I actually find it hard to adjust to something new - such that I'm loath to change anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a spare driver. A 10.5 degree Ignite 410cc with a Harrison Striper in it.

Put the raw Spin Milled Vokey back into play. I still say there's hardly any difference between a new 200 series and a SM Vokey, but in the wet conditions (I live in England..) there's a bit of an advantage from wet lies in the semi. It's also finally got a nice aged look to it so it's acceptable to my fussy eye...

I've also stuck a Grafalloy Blue into the 10.5 degree Ignite head to act as a backup driver. To my 905S backup driver... :rolleyes:

These ones are actually still pretty new-looking. No brown bits yet...

The old Mizunos are about there though :rolleyes:

Matt if my wear marks are half as consistant as that I will be one happy camper.

great setup you have but I would expect no less :man_in_love:

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cracking drivers, the Ignite 410s. I definitely prefer something less than 460cc and the Ignite's as good a driver as I've ever hit. It looks nice at address, is workable and gives me a solid, flat flight that's exactly what I'm after.

I've got a 905S/Grafalloy Blue as a back-up driver (plus a 10.5 degree 410 Ignite with the same shaft) but the Nike is more consistent for me and is the weapon of choice. It'll take a fantastic club to usurp it from the bag and, despite trying loads of different ones, I haven't found it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in a while I managed to get to the course/practice ground this week. I also had a bit of a range session and did a bit of iron testing.

I've just got my mitts on a set of Cobra Greg Norman blades after lusting after a set for years, so I went out and did a side-by-side comparison against my Nikes - with my old 681s thrown in as a control sample.

First impressions are very good and, aside from the fact they look nice, they also performed well. The long irons are fantastic tools. The jury's still out on which set make the first team - albeit with the amount of golf I'm getting in lately (4 month old twins) it's a bit academic. :)

I change irons about as frequently as the Pope changes faith, so it remains to be seen if I'll make a change for performance reasons, or wait until the chrome's worn off my Nikes as I usually do. I'm not really a fan of having someone's name on my clubs, but in the case of my childhood idol I can make an exception. In any case, I've ended up putting a load of tape on the back so you can't see it now.

The only other changes are that I went back to an old Anser 2 putter and put the beloved old Eye 2 1 iron back in the bag. I also picked up an oil can SC Napa blade for a song - albeit it's seen better days and looks like it's been loafing on the RMS Titanic for a while given the amount of rust (and barnacles) on it. I may well strip it and see if I can put a blued/plum finish on it. You never know, and it makes a change from looking at an Anser/Newport...

Other news is I've finally run out of upload capacity for photos... :good: So my shiny Cobras will, in a sort of James Bond-esque way, be for my eyes only.

In all honesty, NICE. I'm in the same situation you're in currently, got myself a set of mizzy TN 87's. Absolute LUST for a few years now. Unlike yourself though I change my irons TOO frequently :) Enough of me though, those are some nice blades you've got. Norman's cobra's are flat out golden-brown CLASSIC. Must be a joy to hit 'em anywhere. Glad to hear you got a set :good: :good:

cheers mate,

Gian