Tour Edge Exotics

Gxgolfer

EXOTICS DRIVER

DRIVEN BY PASSION, YOU DEMAND THE BEST!

Exotics are for those who want nothing less than the finest performing, most powerful golf clubs in the world. Now, the power and performance of the popular Exotics fairway woods have been dramatically transferred to a driver. Exuding all of the breathtaking elegance and unbridled power you have come to expect from an Exotic, the driver is a formidable technological marvel.

Integrating breakthrough technology, the 460cc head is virtually weld-free, and is fueled by three different titanium make-ups. Limitless power is generated by the SP700 Beta Titanium face, the 15-3-3-3 Beta Titanium crown, and the investment cast 6A4V titanium body frame.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a 10.5* with the "Aldila NV for Tour Edge Exotics" shaft last month. I really like this driver. In the last year-and-a-half, I've gone from a 983k, to a Ping G2, to a Mizuno MP-001, and to a Nike Ignite. This one is the best I've tried, and definitely the best that I've owned. It is like a TM, but with a much hotter face.

The shaft broke at the hosel after a few weeks. Didn't break my heart, since I wanted a better shaft anyway. They didn't cone the hozel out.

In any event, besides this one hitch, I would tell anyone to try this driver (if they can get their hands on one).

• 2 weeks later...

Agree....I took my tour exotic 8 degree NV Green x-tra stiff to the range today where I could observe exactly where the ball landed. I took along my 8.5 R7-TP, fujikura speeder 757 stiff and a Bridgestone J33r 9.5.... 757 speeder to see which one flew the furthest. I hit about 30 balls with each club. My swing speed is about 112. The Tour exotic flew about 10 yards further than the R7 and almost 15 yds further than the Bridgestone. I thought the Bridgestone would be nr 1 with the exotic and TM being about the same. Guess the Exotic goes back into the bag. With the X-shaft it was also the straightest.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to play a round with my 10 degree, Fujikura regular shaft. This driver replaces my Callaway 454 and is longer by far. Our course is pretty soggy after many weeks of rain. I averaged 250 with my 454. The Tour Edge was plugging in the fairway at 240 to 250. Great feel and feedback. Can't wait for dry fairways.....

• 1 month later...

The Exotics driver is an absolute cannon. Dang, I thought the fairway wood was long. Back in November '05 I went to a demo day, and I was coming off testing a Launcher, going for the 275 sign (with range balls, i was pretty happy at the time)...then i take this exotics in my hand with an X stiff...I aim right at that sign..and the ball goes out of my sight, so i focus on the 275 sign; nothing. I said "i guess i missed it". The rep next to me goes "Yeah, that's because you just dotted our 300 sign". I was so shocked. The face feels paper thin, but strong. These exotics clubs are something special.

• 1 month later...

Tested an Exotics 9* w/ Fuji stiff at a demo days on month ago( it was cold that day) and just killed it. I went looking for an X460 which I also liked. After that test I started reading reviews on the Exotics and in several instances, including here, I had heard of the shaft breaking at the hosel.

Well today I went to another demo days and thought I will try the X460 and Exotics again. Hit a few X460's and then picked up a 9* Exoitcs with the Fuji shaft. With in a half a dozen swings, you guessed it, the shaft broke at the hosel sending the head up the range about 75 yards. As we all stood there stunned, the rep says " well I heard of that happening.. good thing we have a lifetime warranty" He then proceed to put the 3 wood in my hands and it is an absolute cannon. I am scared of the Driver now and will probably get the X460 for $100 less.

However when the head stays on it is a great driver.

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Graphite 
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hesitant at first in getting the driver. I thought that this is just hype. I didn't want to pay 400.00 for a driver. I waited too long with it but i finally found one on Ebay for 135, thought heck if it doesn't work then at least i didn't spend 400.00 on it. Driver specs: LH 10.5 with NVS 55g Reg. Currently i am reshafting it with the Harrison pro 2.5 60g Stiff. My SS in driver is around 92-100mph, 230-240yds. It's been a month that i have the driver. First hit was straight as an arrow and long about 250-270 with the roll. So i thought i will test it on the course with my buddy that i play golf with a lot. He can't believe that i hit this driver long and straight. I went out 9 holes with it, i hit about 260-280 mostly in the fairways! Feel is superb, sound is great, distance WOW, accuracy Excellent!, forgiveness-very. The only problem with this club is the regular shaft, i feel it was too whippy that i need to get it reshafted. I can't wait to get it back. Now i am looking for another one just for the back up!

• 3 weeks later...

you guys have me really wanting to try out one of these TE's...

i'm a little scared of these reports of the head flying down the fairway though... has this been isolated to one particular shaft...?

i'd probably go for the stiff flex Fuji in mine if i got one...

I love my Exotics driver. Been playing with it since about June. I have the 10.5 with the Fuji. Played with it a few weeks ago and went to take the headcover off to play the 5th hole and couldn't understand why the headcover was so heavy. Looked down to see just the shaft sticking out of my bag. No problem though, since it has a lifetime warranty. Local golf shop ordered me a new one right away & gave me a 9 degree to play with while I waited for the replacement. The 9 degree has lowered my ball flight and given me much more roll. Looks like they aren't getting the 9 degree back.... Don't worry about the head breaking off. I hit a ton of balls with it before it broke, nothing like getting a new driver for free!!!

would you consider yourself an accomplished player...?

what type of swing tempo do you have, and do you know your SS...?

i'm just afraid a 9 would be too low for me, although combined with the lightweight high lauch shaft, the 10.5 might balloon for me...

I had a 10.5 degree model that I reshafted with a V2 75 stiff (SS 105 mph). This thing launched the ball crazy high. With the rain we've been having, I needed a shovel around 250 yards out!!!! I now have a an 8 degree on order, which should be here by the end of the week. Gonna put the same shaft in that. Will post once I have given it a good test. I actually wanted to put a speeder 757 stiff (best driver shaft of all time for me) in it, but they are way too expensive!!!

919THI 11.5° / 1° open
929hs 20° / dead square
775hs 21° & 24° & 27°
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6-pw
MP-T11 50° & 55° / MPT4 61°
Ping Sydney 33"

I'm in minority here, but overall I just found the Exotics driver OK. I expected to love it, but in two range trials I just didn't like the feel. Could have been a shaft issue, but it just wasn't for me.

I have always liked the 3-wood Exotics, and Tour Edge in general (I've owned a 320J - awesome! - and a 460CF - too high - in the past). Give the Exotics driver a shot ... It just didn't work for me, but so many can't be wrong. And it does look cool!

• 2 weeks later...

I had two different setups with the exotics.... both 9*, one with stock NV 65X and one with Accra SC65 S. I shouldn't really have messed with the NV one, but I thought the accra would be better. A long story short, I was given a new head which wasn't the same when I got the accra shafted one, sat more closed. Otherwise it's a beast... fantastic feel, long!!! My complaint about it is the closed face, and they seem to have fixed that with the new tour proto model, which comes 2* open. I may give that a try next summer.

Aerojet LS 9*

STG 15*

Pro FliHi 19*

223 4-PW 

T5 50*

T22 56*

T22 60* 

Phantom X 12.5

would you consider yourself an accomplished player...?

what type of swing tempo do you have, and do you know your SS...?

i'm just afraid a 9 would be too low for me, although combined with the lightweight high lauch shaft, the 10.5 might balloon for me...

I'm a 12 handi, with a fairly smooth low 90's swing speed. For me the Fuji stock shaft & the 9 degree work better than the 10.5 I had before. The 9 goes lower than the 10.5 but not too low.

• 2 months later...

I have and am using 4 drivers: TEE 460, Nike SQ+ (non-conforming), Ping G5 and Titleist 983K. I have also hit almost all the brand-name drivers out there, using Golf Galaxy launch monitor at a nearby shop.

I can honestly say, TEE 460 is very long, very straight, and EASY to hit and get the ball up in the air... the forgiveness and easiness to hit is the main reason it is in the bag for me. When you are in the golf course, all things come into play, and normally we are not that consistent much like in a vector launch or driving range.. so having one driver which you know you can count on and is easy to hit will help ease our mind.... Of course, hitting it VERY LONG definitely helps too...

• 1 month later...

Had a little driver session yesterday.

905R 8.5 with stiff Grafalloy Blue, Bridgestone J33R 9.5 with stiff NV65 and the TEE 9 with stiff NV65.

These are great drivers and they all belong to a friend. I liked the TEE 9.0 the best.

It has a very muted sound, it is silly long, pretty forgiving and looks are good as well. As stated before my many, this driver is just super long, can not really tell how much longer because the range yardage stops at 200 yds but I hit this thing to spots where I have hit them before. Dispersion is pretty good, the Titleist is the best in that regard, but that could be the shaft.

Stupid thing is Tour Edge is completely unknown in Germany, gotta check some online stores in the US, I want this thing badly.

I bought a 12 deg for cheap on e bay because is swing slow(95) and hit a 10.5 deg cobra low to begin with with the stock nv shaft.

Looking for probably a high bend shaft for this. do you think the harrison 2.5 or like a bimatrix would be the best bet based on the ad about hitting higher deg driver and the bimatrix offsets the loft

• 2 months later...
I bought a 12 deg for cheap on e bay because is swing slow(95) and hit a 10.5 deg cobra low to begin with with the stock nv shaft.

Looking for probably a high bend shaft for this. do you think the harrison 2.5 or like a bimatrix would be the best bet based on the ad about hitting higher deg driver and the bimatrix offsets the loft

Your on the right track. don't know the tip size (think its .335), but here are some inexpensive high kick shaft options.

Fuji vista TOUR (make sure its the tour). ( i have a Regular in a Cleveland COmp and R5 TP, and love it) $ 39 at golfsmith

V2 65 Gram shaft in R. i found a 10.5 TEE with this shaft and am killing it. unfortunately one of the weights broke loose my 2nd round with it (& i was still hitting it 280!!). Tour EdGe is replacing the head under warranty, and i will be doing a bigger more in depth review when i get it back.

also, if the tip is .350, look for a Fuji M Red shaft pull from a cleveland hibore xl tour, another great high kick shaft.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally I think it has one of the sweetest sound. It does have an SP700 beta titanium face, similar to the Cleveland Launcher but sounds much better. I would describe it but I have no idea how so I did a recording for you. It's not me hitting the ball but merely bouncing it off the face 5 ft into the air, but hopefully you can get a feel for how it sounds.

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/t_nguyen21/teedriver.mp3">teedriver.mp3</a>

one of the reasons i stopped using the TEE was it looked a little short from front to back for me. also i thought the feel just wasnt my cup of tea, so to speak. im more of a TM / callaway guy in terms of everything about the newer drivers out. they look better, feel better, and sound better to me. tee hit some bombers, but so can most other clubs out now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

just put the cb2 driver 9 degree loft with stock fuji s flex shaft last week!

Played a few holes with the original grip on! grip had to go!felt thick/fat in the butt end!

stuck tour velvet golf pride on !wow best driver bar none out there!

Hardly a known make in th U-K !best value by far just added the CB1 15 degrees 3 wood it is just as good!

• 1 month later...

Just my thoughts on this great driver:

Got it of Ebay in May - seller had put a Purple Ice stiff shaft in this 9* club but that was not what was attracting my attention - it was the fact that he would include the shaft he bought it with - an Aldila VS Proto 60 stiff. I have this shaft (85 grams) in my J33 15* (got it for 93$ brand new!) and that club has transformed my game and therefore I really sought the TEE with a VS proto shaft.

I had been to a launch monitor in the spring to try for a new driver and to my surprise you could now find Tour Edge clubs in Sweden. I tried a lot of the high MOI clubs - Sumo2, FT-i, TE GeoMax, TM Burner, Cobra, FT-5 and then the Exotics. Even though it was equipped with the stock Fujikura shaft I got best numbers with this one. Unfortunately, in Sweden, it is frightfully expensive (about 650$) so it was of to Ebay - found one the same night, paid 300$ (I know it was a lot but compared to swedish price...) for the club and two shafts.

Got it a couple of weeks later and took it out immediately - I must say I was quite dissapointed. It had none of the qualities from the monitor session. Repeated the procedure for a couple of days but no improvement. I then decided to pull the Purple Ice shaft. I´ve noticed that a lot of people seem to like that shaft but IMO it was horrible (at least in combo with the head). I then installed the VS Proto, waited 24h and took it out - thats what I call a difference!!! The caracteristics of the club were totally changed, for the better. I got a perfect trajectory with a nice draw. I´m not a really big hitter (SS107) but with this club I´m confident about hitting fairways and frequently hit it 280-290 yards. Have no doubts it will be longer when finally the fairways dry up after this incredibly wet summer.

I would highly recommend this club but make sure you get it with a great shaft or the club won´t show it´s full potential. :lol:

Exotics 10.5 with stock Fuji X Quad Regular--by far the longest driver in my collection ( titleist 975 D, titleist D2, Sasquatch Tour, TM TP burner). slight bulge and roll to the slightly closed clubface helps every shot try to come back to the sprinkler line. Muted powerful feel, terrific "thwonk" when the ball is struck unlike the tinny pingy boinking noise other Ti drivers make. Classic pear shape. One of the most beautiful clubs I've ever seen. No alignment markings so I added a tiny white dot at the center front of the crown with White Out--which has the advantage of being removable if desired. Everyone at my course is ogleing this club--I'm afraid it will disappear from my bag if I'm not keeping an eye on it!

• 2 months later...

I bought the CB2 3-wood and absolutely love it. I have the Aldila NV Exotics stiff shaft in the 3-wood. I am now looking for a driver and am thinking about the Exotics Driver with the same shaft. If I can hit the driver as straight as the 3-wood and gain another 20 yds., it will be a home run for me. Anyone have both the driver and 3-wood? Is the driver as good as the 3-wood?

yeah the exotics stuff is great...I am a tour edge staff member and currently play all the exotics products. Razor i would say the driver is as good as the driver to some extent...it's not gonna blow everything out of the water like the cb2 does...but it will put it past most drivers. Really known for the traditional look and explosive sound. I RECENTLY EVEN GOT TO TRY THE TWO NEW EXOTICS DRIVERS WHICH ARE COMING OUT IN FEB. THE NEW EXOTICS XLD AND THE EXOTICS CB2? (I THINK THAT'S WHAT IT IS CALLED) THE XLD HAS A UNIQUE SHAPE TO IT BUT IT LONG AND FORGIVING, IT ALSO PUTS FAIRLY LOW SPIN ON THE BALL. THE CB2 HAS A MAGNESIUM CROWN AND HOSEL, BY DOING THAT THEY WERE ABLE TO LOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT THEY ADDED A STEEL BODY WHILE MAINTAINING THE 460CC SIZE, NOW THIS DRIVER IS STRICKLY FOR THE LONG HITTER, VERY VERY LOW SPINNING LOW LAUNCH BUT GREAT FEEL.

• 6 months later...