Shoes - what do you like to wear.

Discussion of whether its style, comfort only, etc.
Hey all,

just wondering what brand, style, colors, you like to wear in shoes and what considerations you take when deciding on what shoes to buy and wear. Curious to see whether others take into account solely comfort or whether style is a factor or color etc. Also how many pairs of shoes ppl keep in rotation and whether you take into account what your wearing when deciding which pair to wear etc.

I guess I'll get us started off and say that i cant really stand saddle shoes where the shoes base color is white. My preference is all white, all black, or all brown but will wear black with brown saddle shoes sometimes. When buying my shoes I guess I don't really take much into account other than style anymore b/c I found a style and brand that I find comfortable and I just keep buying the same series in different colors. My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere. I usually keep btwn 3 and 5 pairs of shoes in rotation at any time. I usually like to have a couple pairs of black, couple pairs of brown and maybe 1 or 2 pairs of white. I decide which color I'm gonna wear based on the shirt and pants I'm going to be wearing that day etc. Usually try to match the belt to the shoes as well and contrast from the shirt including the white shoes.

Ok, let's hear your opinions now fellas, im sure most dont spend as much time as I do considering what shoes to wear each day but you know, just gotta look good. lol Lets here brand, style, color etc

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 pairs.

Old Reeboks--yea like from 1998. They're comfy & don't leak. Black w/ brown saddles. Usually wear these in the slop.

Ecco--bought these last year, all black. VERY comfortable.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I LOVE all White Shoes, so this year I picked up a pair of Adidas Tour Metals, they are a great looking shoe. Although when I am walking a lot (like 27 holes or more) I make sure to wear my Black Gel Fusions. I have two pairs of Classics Dry Premieres, but they are a b!tch if you are walking more than eighteen holes, anyone who has owned a pair knows what I'm talking about. The new Classic tours look pretty good, it seems as though they are making a more comfortable walking shoe with the same stunning look as the Classics Dry Premieres.

It's really all about the look, I didn't begin to start caring about my shoes until last year, as prior to that I only had one pair of shoes, and that was it. But now with the white shoes, they go with everything, especially with colored slacks. I have always thought that Saddles (especially Brown/White) look great with shorts, so I have a pair of Adidas Tour Solids from a couple years back kickin' around for days that I wear white or pastel shorts.

I currently have 5 pair of golf shoes, some that I may have to retire. I want to get another pair of Black Tour Metals, and then keep the Brown/White Adidas Tour Solids.

Cheers, Bryan

Yeah classics dry premieres are a bit heavier than many of the shoes out there, I would agree that when you first start wearing them your legs will get tired after more than 18 holes of walking but I'd say you get pretty used to them. I haven't had a problem in a long time after wearing them for so long I've gotten used to them. I'd have to say I dont think anyone makes anything anywhere close to the style of these shoes except maybe the new adidas tour metals but I'd say those still look a little pedestrian compared to the bicycle toe and split toe (seam on the toe) classics that i have and have had. If they werent expensive id probly have like 10 pairs of em, all the colors of the split toe, bicycle toe, solid regular shoes, and the ones that have the seam going up the toe and then around the front of the foot. Dont often wear bright shorts bc my shirts are usually verryy verry bright pinks and oranges and greens so i tend to wear a lot of black shorts sometimes yellow shorts. still workin on the pink pants, so i find solid white brown and black go well with almost everything

Yeah classics dry premieres are a bit heavier than many of the shoes out there, I would agree that when you first start wearing them your legs will get tired after more than 18 holes of walking but I'd say you get pretty used to them. I haven't had a problem in a long time after wearing them for so long I've gotten used to them. I'd have to say I dont think anyone makes anything anywhere close to the style of these shoes except maybe the new adidas tour metals but I'd say those still look a little pedestrian compared to the bicycle toe and split toe (seam on the toe) classics that i have and have had. If they werent expensive id probly have like 10 pairs of em, all the colors of the split toe, bicycle toe, solid regular shoes, and the ones that have the seam going up the toe and then around the front of the foot. Dont often wear bright shorts bc my shirts are usually verryy verry bright pinks and oranges and greens so i tend to wear a lot of black shorts sometimes yellow shorts. still workin on the pink pants, so i find solid white brown and black go well with almost everything

If you have a Polo Outlet store near you...check in the early Spring, like in the Middle of April, that's when you hit the Light Pink Pants and other great colors. And if you hit it right, you can get them for dirt cheap (they have Light Yellow, Baby Blue, White, Light Pink, Light Green, and Lavender from what I can remember). And best of all, they are the soft material!

- Bryan

Polo definately has some bright color stuff, thats where i get all my shirts. i like the custom fit polo bc the sleeves are very short and you can get the shirts to fit very tightly. I like their pants but theyre a lil baggy. im trying to see if i can get lindeberg in pink or fuschia or sligo golf pants. have to get a few subdued shirts to go with the pants.

I really like the Adidas Tour 360s.......although I'm about a half size wide, I took a normal size and letting it stretch slightly. These shoes are comfy and really supportive for the swing. I care less about colors, as long as they are not all one color.....I like a slight splash against a background of white or dark brown.

I've played golf for 30 years and just bought my first pair of golf shoes this year - Footjoys. I pretty much shot the same score barefoot and in sandles that I do now in my new shoes. They're kinda nice to have in the rain and morning dew, but once the sun comes out, I don't think they really make that much of a difference. My favorite golf shoes are my Keen river sandles.

classics... and only footjoy classics... but definitely not the new "tour classics" or whatever they are called i have two pair of those and was very disappointed in the lack of quality... those shoes are terrible! i have a shoe fetish and have prolly a dozen pairs of classics in all kinds of different colors/styles... However, if i had to buy golf shoes i wouldn't buy any at all... golf shoes only help if its wet out, and i don't play golf unless its 70 and sunny with no wind or rain, so if i had to buy golf shoes they would be a pair of Nike Shox Running Shoes! haha

1. Ecco World Class (All White & Wingtip GTX)

2. Nebuloni (Pebble Beach B&W)

3. Footjoy Classic Dry (All White)

- my vote will go to "other" as Ecco's World Class in reality is world class!! Same price level as the other, but a very very comfortable and still a classic cool looking shoe.

By the way: do look forward to get a pair of the Lindeberg/Puma shoes - anyone tried them yet??

Used to live a mile or so from the Nike campus in Portland (OR), and had a girlfriend who worked there, so got good deals on their golf shoes for a time.

Moved across country to SC, and I'm on my second pair of Bite shoes now. Lightest and most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet! I've worn my Bite Groove shoes (black w/grey trim) so much that the lining inside the back of the heel has started to wear through, and I got my first ever pair of heel blisters while walking 18 last week (ouch! x2). Would love to buy another pair of Bites, but nothing appeals to me in their current range.

Might take a look at the Hi-Tec CDT. I'm from the UK, and know they've always made affordable, quality footwear.

Hey all,

just wondering what brand, style, colors, you like to wear in shoes and what considerations you take when deciding on what shoes to buy and wear. Curious to see whether others take into account solely comfort or whether style is a factor or color etc. Also how many pairs of shoes ppl keep in rotation and whether you take into account what your wearing when deciding which pair to wear etc.

I guess I'll get us started off and say that i cant really stand saddle shoes where the shoes base color is white. My preference is all white, all black, or all brown but will wear black with brown saddle shoes sometimes. When buying my shoes I guess I don't really take much into account other than style anymore b/c I found a style and brand that I find comfortable and I just keep buying the same series in different colors. My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere. I usually keep btwn 3 and 5 pairs of shoes in rotation at any time. I usually like to have a couple pairs of black, couple pairs of brown and maybe 1 or 2 pairs of white. I decide which color I'm gonna wear based on the shirt and pants I'm going to be wearing that day etc. Usually try to match the belt to the shoes as well and contrast from the shirt including the white shoes.

Ok, let's hear your opinions now fellas, im sure most dont spend as much time as I do considering what shoes to wear each day but you know, just gotta look good. lol Lets here brand, style, color etc

I always like to go for those waterproof models, as the weather is not so stable round here.

I liked the old DryJoys GX, GelFusions were good, too

I got the DryJoys P.R.O. for the last season. Great pair of shoes!! I used to destroy my shoes within one season until I recently got Laser-Fit by Foot-Joy. Turned out I just wore the wrong size and width, the new ones really last!

Style: one pair in black one in white!

Everybody should have one all-white pair of golfshoes, it's a must, isn't it... :birthday: :birthday: :)

....and YES I do spend some time considering which shoes to wear. With those pants I like to wear on the course I have to be careful.... :D

Hey all,

. My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere.

I have narrow feet, "C" with a "AA" heel. THe FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere/Classsic is the only shoe that Ican wear. All others fall off of my foot.

Ha! I'm the exact opposite... I wear 14D or 14E... hard to find gym shoes let alone golf shoes... that's why you gotta wear the classics!

Hey all,

. My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere.

I have narrow feet, "C" with a "AA" heel. THe FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere/Classsic is the only shoe that Ican wear. All others fall off of my foot.

Ha! I'm the exact opposite... I wear 14D or 14E... hard to find gym shoes let alone golf shoes... that's why you gotta wear the classics!

So do you wear New Balance gym shoes?

my current favorites...

Classics Tour#51894

51894_medium.jpg

easyyy... don't tell me you like the classics tour man... how? don't they feel cheap to you? to me the leather doesn't feel like real genuine leather... plus the soles! i think that the molded soles are tarnishing the "classics" name... they should just be called FJ Tours... plain and simple... I got two pair of those from my rep last season one brown and one black of ones similar to the shoe you posted and only wore them once, i told my rep at the end of this past season that i'd rather have shop shoes... my rants over... why do you like them???

I am trying to enjoy a bit of denial about the points you made. I have to agree with you. They feel half the weight as the orig classics. I felt the same way you do last year when they launched. However I have used them a little while now and they are growing on me. The syle of the spliit toe and piping on the toe reminds me of allen edmonds shoes. Classic design. Makes up for tsome of your points in my eyes.

The new Adidas euro I like also. That all black euro is a sweet shoe.

i know exactly what your talking about, the shoes have lost some quality, but have gained "style" points... i totally agree with you on that there are many more models/styles to choose from... i remember when the only classics you could buy were saddles or wing-tips... The wing-tips were the greatest classics ever made i have white-on-white, black-on-white, and brown-on-white classics and they are the coolest shoes! i wish they would come back out with the original wing tips... those euros look pretty cool too... i'd prolly wear them... do they come in other colors? i'd be interested in seeing how the brown/white versions look as well