Shoes - what do you like to wear.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll chime in.

i rotate 6 pair.

4 of them are callway. 1 is all black, faux-croc cap toe. 1 is white with black faux-croc reverse saddle. 1 is white with black non-traditional saddle. 1 is white with fushia non-traditional saddle.

callaway shoes for me are the best. but i am hesitant on the new styles....they look goofy....IMO.

other 2 pair are Ecco. 1 is the winged buckle with the mint green toe cap. 1 is winged buckle in white

but this is on my list....

75bd352e51b9427e8b63ec115203575b_product.jpg

I've tried them all over the years, currently have 4 pairs . I walk my course 4- 5 times a week usually first off so the dew gets to them and they need to dry off. I have 2 pairs of Callaway and 2 pairs of Ecco. The Callaways are okay but I really notice a difference when I put on the Eccos. Their motto is "Comfort out of the Box" and thats what you get. Without a doubt the most comfortable golf shoe ever. I've even started buying their dress and street shoes I like them so much. My buddy has ten pairs, which is why we call him Imelda when he comes up short on a putt. They're expensive, but the comfort level is worth ever penny, and they are also very good looking shoes.

I finally found the best shoes in existence: New Balance golf shoes! Most people have never heard of them, but they're by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. Perfect fit for golf, and are available up to sz. 15 and several widths. This may sound like an ad, but as a person who wears 14EE shoes, I really appreciate the size options. Very nice, understated look in all black, with excellent insoles.

I love NB X-trainers and running shoes...I didn't know they made golf shoes*, thanks for the info!

I am a traditionalist...just like in my wardrobe...I always have one pair of black and one pair of brown shoes going...currently...black Addidas Tour Traxion (First try w/ Addidas) and brown/brown FJ Dryjoys with the addition of brown FJ Contours for wear w/ shorts...J

PS-Do your shoes a favor...shoe trees always and invest in a shoe horn (BB has some nice horn ones on sale for FD)...J

*(make that "golf shoe"...NB has only one model out...new venture...hope they take it farther)

• 3 weeks later...

I have an old pair of Nike Air Max (the look like running sneakers) and they have a zip-up gore-tex sleeve covering the whole sneaker. I use these when I play alone, go to the range, walk a course.

My others are a pair of Oakley all white wingtips (friggin AWESOME) and Adidas Tour 360 in the black and brown/copper color. I could walk in these shoes too, but they're so nice, I only wear them when I know I'm going to ride, or for something like a "formal" outing...

I wish I could say I picked my shoes for the way they looked, but I'd be lying. Unfortunately, there just are not that stylish shoes available in a 15 wide. Thank goodness for Adidas. Only company that I have found that regularly caters to the big footed individual. Sporting some black and silver powerbands at the moment. Have another pair in the black white and silver.

I wear Footjoy something-or-others. :clapping:

I wish I could say that I spent hours and hours searching for the right shoe, but these were all I could afford and my local shop back home didn't carry any other brands. I might end up with a pair of adidas at some point, or the New Balance's if I can find them. I have two pairs of NB's for running and x-training and they're absolutely amazing. Everytime I put them on it makes me wonder why I don't wear them every day.

..then I realize that they're orange.. and I'd look like a moron. :partytime2:

I take back my previous comments about Eccos being overrated. I tried on several pair at Golf Galaxy last Thursday and found them to be very supple leather and well-made. Unfortunately, though, they gave me almost no arch support, so I still didn't buy them.

Last Saturday I walked 27 in my Adidas Tech Feather II's and I was so pleased with how I felt afterward that I ordered a pair of Adidas Seasides on closeout from Rockbottom Golf. They are built on the same exact last as the Tech Feathers and have to rank as one of the great shoe deals of the year. Perfect fit for me.

for some cheap ones, i love my Callaway Chevs....i wear the black/taupe ones....i prefer black shoes

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

My new favorite shoe is he Adidas Tour 360II. I have a bunch of pairs of Adidas Z-Traxion Tours and love them and a pair of FJ Classic Tours that after a dozen rounds feel terrible compaired to the Adidas. The Tour 360's feel like your walking on a bed of air and they never seem to lose there cushioning. :smilie_ping:

PING G20 8.5 Di6-X
PING G25 15* 7.3TS
Adams VTS LSP 20* 8.8TS
Titleist 712U 23*
Bridgestone J40CB
Fourteen RM12 51* 55* 59* S400

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to be a person that went only for style, until I had plantar faciitis in both of my feet. Back in the old days I pretty much only wore Footjoy Classics or Reebok's spikeless version of the Classic that used to sell for over $200. I had every color combination imaginable(it helps when you get stuff PUD) My favorite were a pair of Footjoy Classics Teaching shoes that a cream color with a light blue saddle that were one of the few teaching shoes they did in suede. I wore those things to death on the course.

But now that I've got bad feet they are nearly impossible to wear. None of the Adidas or Ecco I've tried fit well. The Etonics pinch at the toes, J. Lindberg and Reebok and Puma just don't fit. Only two brands are really comfortable because I have to wear special arch support insoles, Bite and Nike. But I've found that the most comfortable are the Nike Shox. I've worn them almost exclusively this year and have had no issues at all in any kind of weather. They are by far the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned. If I'm playing somewhere that might complain about that style of shoe I'll go with Nike SP-5 or a pair of Bite's(usually Ortho Sport), but otherwise it's the Shox all the way.