2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

[quote name='joekelli' timestamp='1451229592' post='12768014']
[quote name='strongbear0' timestamp='1451226558' post='12767906']
[quote name='evoviiiyou' timestamp='1451190764' post='12767268']
Got it, thanks for posting up the style. Looking back at you putter, its just gorgeous. Congrats again. My selfish self, requests you to post another set of pics when you acquire your new flange.
[/quote]

I will and I'm sure Dave will take some really nice pictures of it when it's 100% done. Here's a picture of the copper plated shaft we went with. Sorry, Dave takes much nicer pictures with the setup he's got over at Dogleg right/Machine golf.
[/quote]

That looks AMAZING!

I am still loving my Machine and it did win me the putting title in my league this past season at 31.2 ppr! :taunt:
[/quote]

This thing rolls the ball amazing and the carbon Damascus is much softer then I was expecting. Feels as soft off the face as my Circle T Del Mar Buttonback.

Got it, thanks for posting up the style. Looking back at you putter, its just gorgeous. Congrats again. My selfish self, requests you to post another set of pics when you acquire your new flange.
[/quote]

I will and I'm sure Dave will take some really nice pictures of it when it's 100% done. Here's a picture of the copper plated shaft we went with. Sorry, Dave takes much nicer pictures with the setup he's got over at Dogleg right/Machine golf.
[/quote]

Copper played shaft?! Holy balls that's amazing. Do you plan to game it?

[quote name='JustTrying2BAwesome' timestamp='1451254352' post='12769086']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I'll game it. It'll be rotated with my Circle T Del Mar buttonback. Machine golf is right down the road from my house so I can drop it off and get it refinished anytime which is convenient.

[quote name='strongbear0' timestamp='1451254897' post='12769134']
[quote name='JustTrying2BAwesome' timestamp='1451254352' post='12769086']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I'll game it. It'll be rotated with my Circle T Del Mar buttonback. Machine golf is right down the road from my house so I can drop it off and get it refinished anytime which is convenient.
[/quote]

Can you go get my putter for me lol! Would like to have it

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Tour 3 Fairway 15.0D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

Sure, I'll add it to my collection . It's pretty cool they are so close because I was able to go watch my putter being milled and see all the different phases that went into making it. They have quite the operation going on over there with a lot of putters being milled and finished. They looked super busy when I was in there a week before Christmas.

[quote name='strongbear0' timestamp='1451256548' post='12769210']
Sure, I'll add it to my collection ��. It's pretty cool they are so close because I was able to go watch my putter being milled and see all the different phases that went into making it. They have quite the operation going on over there with a lot of putters being milled and finished. They looked super busy when I was in there a week before Christmas.
[/quote]

Cool. How many mills do they have? How quickly can they crank out a rough putter head?

Sure, I'll add it to my collection ��. It's pretty cool they are so close because I was able to go watch my putter being milled and see all the different phases that went into making it. They have quite the operation going on over there with a lot of putters being milled and finished. They looked super busy when I was in there a week before Christmas.
[/quote]

It's lefty so that may make putting harder but maybe it's time to learn?

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1451264436' post='12769674']
[/quote]

It's lefty so that may make putting harder but maybe it's time to learn?
[/quote]

Ahhh, one of those backwards clubs. I can putt a little left handed, my lefty swing kinda sucks though.

[quote name='JustTrying2BAwesome' timestamp='1451261883' post='12769494']
[/quote]

Cool. How many mills do they have? How quickly can they crank out a rough putter head?
[/quote]

They use Haas CNC machines and have 3 and they'll do a run of one particular head type at a time and I'm not sure exactly how many heads they do at once in each CNC machine but from it looked like it was around 9-12. Each CNC program has a different run time depending on the head type and whether they are doing the faces or back flanges then they have lathes for doing custom work like the added shoulders on my back flange. All in all a really cool, top notch operation and a bunch of really nice guys. Dave, the owner, was the best and took time to make it a great experience. I'll definitely be getting another custom putter from him. This putter was a gift from my wife for my 2 year sobriety date and my Circle T del mar buttonback was for 1 year so I'm sure a stainless Damascus Machine will be in my future for my 3 year putter.

[attachment=3080500:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1451352798.680528.jpg]

Is this head shape available in lefty? If so could someone message me the cost of one is in stainless steel?

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[quote name='altess27' timestamp='1451352887' post='12773724']

Is this head shape available in lefty? If so could someone message me the cost of one is in stainless steel?
[/quote]

Probably have better luck calling tomorrow, they are pretty busy over there.

[quote name='strongbear0' timestamp='1451353033' post='12773732'][quote name='altess27' timestamp='1451352887' post='12773724']

[/quote]

Probably have better luck calling tomorrow, they are pretty busy over there.[/quote]

Good deal thanks.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

3 Wood: PING G425 LST | Fuji Ventus Black 8X

Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 | Project X 6.5

Irons: PING S55 | Project X 6.5

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 | DG TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1451422002' post='12776728']
Jimmy, that twisty is a work of art!

Question: could the M14 (I think that's it....the zing style head) be made rectangular? Meaning, can you make the head width bigger at the heel to be the same as at the toe?
[/quote]

Hi Mike-
Hope you and the family had a great holiday :)

Dave would have to change the program and make new fixtures but I'm sure he can do it. Next time I speak with him I'll ask for you.

Jimmy

Anyone hear from Dave today?

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1451442216' post='12778242']Anyone hear from Dave today?[/quote]

NOPE...still waiting. :(

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1451442464' post='12778262'][quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1451442216' post='12778242']Anyone hear from Dave today?[/quote]

NOPE...still waiting. :([/quote]

I did... He said he just got back after a few days off of well needed break. I'm sure everyone is waiting for their putters, myself included, but it's holiday time and I'm sure all the guys in the shop needed a break. I was just there at their shop in early Dec and they had a ton of putters in the works.

[quote name='jming' timestamp='1451450821' post='12778818']
[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1451442464' post='12778262'][quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1451442216' post='12778242']Anyone hear from Dave today?[/quote]

I did... He said he just got back after a few days off of well needed break. I'm sure everyone is waiting for their putters, myself included, but it's holiday time and I'm sure all the guys in the shop needed a break. I was just there at their shop in early Dec and they had a ton of putters in the works.
[/quote]

I get the holiday time has been busy and all. I have tried to tell him to take his time on mine as it requires a lot of handwork and I knew soon before Christmas it wasn't going to here in time based on how many orders he took on. But the communication has been rough as hell this order and it's my fourth Machine putter. At some point you either take on this much work and lack the customer service or do the opposite. I'd much rather see the Machine customer service I have known with my previous orders. Hopefully Dave will email or call me soon as patience has been on stretch for some time.

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1451520196' post='12782066'][quote name='jming' timestamp='1451450821' post='12778818']

[/quote]

I get the holiday time has been busy and all. I have tried to tell him to take his time on mine as it requires a lot of handwork and I knew soon before Christmas it wasn't going to here in time based on how many orders he took on. But the communication has been rough as hell this order and it's my fourth Machine putter. At some point you either take on this much work and lack the customer service or do the opposite. I'd much rather see the Machine customer service I have known with my previous orders. Hopefully Dave will email or call me soon as patience has been on stretch for some time.[/quote]

I'm with you on this. The lack of communication has me close to my last nerve with this whole ordeal. I'm giving him just another day to straighten things out.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Hey everyone.

For all those trying to reach me this week - I apologize for the delay in getting back to you all.

For those that called and were concerned whether or not we were affected by the storms, thank you. For those I haven't been able to get back to yet, I apologize, I will. We have been dealing with the aftermath of the storms that hit here (our shop and my house are in Collin County, one of the areas hit by the tornados this past weekend and now an official disaster area).

We lost shingles and part of the decking off our roof of my home, had water pouring in our den and playroom (as the storms trained over our house for the next 36 hours after the storms), but we're so much more fortunate than others, that is to be sure.

Since the weekend our challenge has been getting insurance and contractors (not gypsies or thieves) to estimate and hopefully fix the damage... Of course they tend to go to the worst affected areas first and we're way down on that list...

So I'm dealing with those hassles, but again, we are very lucky in comparison to some neighbors and friends, like one in Rowlette on Lake Ray Hubbard, who lost so much more - their house, two cars and a beloved pet, but fortunately not family members or loved ones, like others did. On top of that, they lost power and then had to deal with taking turns in a cold dark house for fear of the looters in the area. I can't even imagine. Can you? Still, with 12 lives lost, some just 10 minutes from here, we all feel very fortunate.

I'll be back in the shop off and on over the next few days, and will get back to you all as quickly as I can. Thanks again for all your concerns, well wishes, and for all your patience as we work on all your orders we are so blessed to have.

Sincerely,

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1451522445' post='12782244']
Hey everyone.

For all those trying to reach me this week - I apologize for the delay in getting back to you all.

For those that called and were concerned whether or not we were affected by the storms, thank you. For those I haven't been able to get back to yet, I apologize, I will. We have been dealing with the aftermath of the storms that hit here (our shop and my house are in Collin County, one of the areas hit by the tornados this past weekend and now an official disaster area).

We lost shingles and part of the decking off our roof of my home, had water pouring in our den and playroom (as the storms trained over our house for the next 36 hours after the storms), but we're so much more fortunate than others, that is to be sure.

Since the weekend our challenge has been getting insurance and contractors (not gypsies or thieves) to estimate and hopefully fix the damage... Of course they tend to go to the worst affected areas first and we're way down on that list...

So I'm dealing with those hassles, but again, we are very lucky in comparison to some neighbors and friends, like one in Rowlette on Lake Ray Hubbard, who lost so much more - their house, two cars and a beloved pet, but fortunately not family members or loved ones, like others did. On top of that, they lost power and then had to deal with taking turns in a cold dark house for fear of the looters in the area. I can't even imagine. Can you? Still, with 12 lives lost, some just 10 minutes from here, we all feel very fortunate.

I'll be back in the shop off and on over the next few days, and will get back to you all as quickly as I can. Thanks again for all your concerns, well wishes, and for all your patience as we work on all your orders we are so blessed to have.

Sincerely,

-Dave
[/quote]

Living in California I tend to easily forget the rest of America has tough weather while it's and 50* sunny while I go play golf down by the Pacific Ocean. I myself haven't really paid attention to the news because of the holidays and as such totally went right over my head that there were ELEVEN tornados in the Dallas area. I'm glad to hear Dave is his family and team are OK and I totally understand that he should take care of that first before us. I'm sure the rest of us understand too..... Right guys?!?

Take care Dave and happy holidays!

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1451522445' post='12782244']
Hey everyone.

Sincerely,

-Dave
[/quote]

Glad to hear you and family are safe Dave. I hope all at Machine and their families are safe too.

Take care of the family first and your staff should do the same. If customers can;t understand that then stuff that. Some lost income no doubt but there are so much more important and priceless aspects of life.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

My parents and sister live in the same area. Folks were in a closet during the warnings. Very scary.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x