MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for everyone's patience as we've worked through our backlog. We've been working very hard to complete all the oldest orders first, and many of those have been very complicated one-of-a-kind creations, which always take longer. And in many cases on one-of-kinds, there are details to work through such as weight, with lots of back and forth with customers.

I've resisted the urge to provide lots of picture updates here, as it seems every time we do, a newer customer (sometimes just days into the process) reply, PM or email asking where their updates are? I've had several customers that have started emailing Chris and I daily asking for updates, and sometimes send dozens of emails a day (some kids have texted me hundreds of times over a holiday weekend no less).

Don't get me wrong, I love the passion from all our customers and I know your eagerness is a testament to how much you want our work and how lucky we are to have all this demand.

We're also making some changes to better serve everyone, and also keep up with our new development work that is advancing at a more rapid pace now with new manufacturing partners, new distribution partners, and some new retail partners to help with things like customer service for our standard lines, ecommerce and more simple customs. I think everyone should be pleased when all the deals are fully inked and we can make all the announcements. I'll also keep making Garage, ART Putters and one-of-a-kind Prototypes - as that is the work I enjoy the most. Jimmy and Chris will continue to play integral roles on our support of that work.

So thanks again for everyone's patience with me and our staff as we go through these upgrades to our service and capabilities. We couldn't do it without your support, and for that we are truly grateful!

More updates will follow as soon as we get below the 4-6 week backlog period for new custom orders.

All the best,

-Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the PM.

Understood. Some confusion around my order and still maintain the communication could be better (isn't that always the way!!) but thanks for looking to put it right and glad we've got it sorted. You've come through on this one.

Keep me posted on a ship date. Can't wait to have her in hand.

B2B2

SIM2 9.0 - Black Tie 8M3 X
16.5* TS3 - Tensei Blue 70X
SIM2 Max hyrbid  21*- Tensei Blue 70X
Srixon Z745 4-P Modus 3 130x
MG2 50, 54 and 58 hi toe
Machine Fat Back 38"
TP5X

Customer service and communication is key

A BIG +1!!

Can't agree more

Whilst the communcation has not been ideal - I understand that a) they are extremely busy and b) they are going through some major changes that should hopefully address this as well as develop the business significantly.

Dave has picked up my issue personally and has been on it all weekend and really pulled out the stops. He's gone beyond making things right!

SIM2 9.0 - Black Tie 8M3 X
16.5* TS3 - Tensei Blue 70X
SIM2 Max hyrbid  21*- Tensei Blue 70X
Srixon Z745 4-P Modus 3 130x
MG2 50, 54 and 58 hi toe
Machine Fat Back 38"
TP5X

Being busy is great, but your customer service/ communication, should never suffer because of it!!

This thread is a fantastic ad for Machine, as it shows the fantastic work that they do. Lately though there have been a lot of grumblings in regards to aforementioned issues.

You can put me in the line of " grumblers"!! :(

4 month ago i contacted machine for a quote and went with an other international company primaly because if the exchange change of my crappy cdn money. And i must say, with no bad intention, im sure the communication with machine's guys has been way better than my experience.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

200+ EPIC Pages ending in customer complaints.....

I have gone through every page here and to see this thread turn into what it has the last few pages is sad.

It's turned into a communication thread.

(statement retracted to remove posts)

Maybe there should be a MACHINE COmmunications thread or something....

And I'll just say machines communication was better then any other company and that's a big reason I stayed.

Thumbs up to you guys!

200+ EPIC Pages ending in customer complaints.....

I have gone through every page here and to see this thread turn into what it has the last few pages is sad.

I don't know if you can , but this is a PICTURE thread, and the rest doesn't belong and should be removed.

Maybe there should be a MACHINE COmmunications thread or something....

And I'll just say machines communication was better then any other company and that's a big reason I stayed.

Thumbs up to you guys!

Just remember to remove all the posts that don't have to do with the pictures then. Not just the complaints. It goes both ways.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I had some issues with communication - or lack thereof - with Dave and Machine. So....I designed a putter with another company when I hadn't heard back from anybody at Machine for almost two weeks. The night before I was about to order elsewhere Dave put me in touch with Chris who went to work immediately, and within a matter of hours we had a deal done. Personally, I would rather spend a little more and support American made products every single time. Dave is extremely busy, and that speaks directly to the product he puts out. I was upset when I didn't think I was going to get a Machine, but as soon as the opportunity presented itself I jumped on it. I do hope that they get more streamlined soon, but I really like everything that I know about the company, and am happy to have supported them. Once Chris jumped in it was like a well oiled 'Machine'.... I'm glad I had some sort of patience.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for everyone's patience as we've worked through our backlog. We've been working very hard to complete all the oldest orders first, and many of those have been very complicated one-of-a-kind creations, which always take longer. And in many cases on one-of-kinds, there are details to work through such as weight, with lots of back and forth with customers.

I've resisted the urge to provide lots of picture updates here, as it seems every time we do, a newer customer (sometimes just days into the process) reply, PM or email asking where their updates are? I've had several customers that have started emailing Chris and I daily asking for updates, and sometimes send dozens of emails a day (some kids have texted me hundreds of times over a holiday weekend no less).

-Dave

That is just ridiculous. Might be time to follow the lead of Elon Musk.

http://www.ubergizmo...-rude-customer/

Emailing for updates every day isn't going to make the putter arrive faster. Get a grip people.

Hey Everyone,

-Dave

Emailing for updates every day isn't going to make the putter arrive faster. Get a grip people.

Didn;t think the obvious needed to be stated but in this case I do. Good reminder post.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

I haven't been on here much, except to take a peek now and then to see what you guys are building and I have seen some of the frustration that has developed with the wait times on new putters. I have also stopped by to see Dave a couple times last year and saw him a**holes and elbows with putter work so I know he is busy. I also know saying this does nothing to comfort the person waiting in line for their new creation for weeks on end, but I want you to know your wait will be rewarded in spades!

It is not just Dave, but almost every custom segment of any hobby has lengthy waits for work done by the best in the business. I am a weapons ho as well as a putter ho and I wait months.......many months for gunsmith work done by the best, leather done by the best, and paperwork processed by our wonderful government (not the best by far, but hopefully that will improve! Hey, I am an optimist! : ) It isn't easy, but it is a necessary evil to get something done by the best exactly the way you want it done!

I guess what I want to say is Dave is definitely one of the best and has ALWAYS been worth the wait! Has he taken on a lot of work, yeah, but what would you guys write in here if you asked for a Machine putter and Dave said no? He tries to please everyone and in doing so the waits can seem long and I am not making excuses for him, but just know that texting, emailing, calling any craftsman every day for updates just makes it more frustrating on both ends. I know it is hard to wait and patients once the cash is gone is not my long suit either, but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet (no pun intended) and wait. It isn't easy, but sometimes it is the prudent thing to do. If you want to sharpen your waiting skills, try dealing with the BATFE!

Dave, I sold a few of my Machine putters to fund a project that I am going to get with you about in the future so get ready. It has something to do with a Megalodon in wave damascus so get ready! Oh yeah, I will need it in two weeks! :taunt:

Here is an M6 Dave built for me a few years ago. It really helps me ensure the putter face is square and inspires so much confidence. I'm patiently awaiting a similar creation.

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

Here is an M6 Dave built for me a few years ago. It really helps me ensure the putter face is square and inspires so much confidence. I'm patiently awaiting a similar creation.

Beauty...I could certainly roll that! Man love the center shaft weld set up and that finish is really nice. Nice build!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Really nice to see some images again.

Thank you to those of you who have made contributions. It is these pictures that took me down the 'rabbit hole' in the first place.

A few fond memories from my past Machine experiences: a) A one hour phone conversation with Chris (with his pregnant wife waiting patiently for him to come to bed) as we tried to nail down the details of my first Machine purchase. b) A series of email exchanges with Dave after my Machine had been accidentally dented by a friend. Dave magically restored the putter to its former glory.

There were two periods of 'radio silence' during my Machine journey. I came to find out that Chris was moving and expanding his family and Dave was ferreting his son off to college and inking new deals overseas. The point . . . life sometimes gets in the way (and rightfully so). In the end, I received outstanding product and made connections with some of the best in the business. Not too often when you can correspond directly with the individual(s) who has/have a direct hand in producing your putters.

If the Canadian dollar ever changes its current course I've got a project on tap for Team Machine.

Wishing all of you well in the upcoming year and look forward to future builds.

Mike.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Just an update with pictures. Its been about a month since I received my first MACHINE an M2A LE Raw hand torched and a bunch of custom upgrades and options (thank you Dave for the custom damascus medallion, IMO sets it off perfectly!!!). I have been carpet putting and wiping her off with food grade silicone with a new microfiber towel...needless to say the marine blue hues are popping nicely in proper day time lighting and its looking VERY good to me. On my TM Project A balls, feels better than she looks! Here are some before (fresh out of box and indoor lighting) and updated after pictures (several wipe downs and proper day light):

Delivery Day (indoor lighting)

Updated (after about a month/day time light)

Thanks again to Dave and the rest of the MACHINE team for my gamer! I could not be happier or more satisfied.

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Thank you to those of you who have made contributions. It is these pictures that took me down the 'rabbit hole' in the first place.

A few fond memories from my past Machine experiences: a) A one hour phone conversation with Chris (with his pregnant wife waiting patiently for him to come to bed) as we tried to nail down the details of my first Machine purchase. b) A series of email exchanges with Dave after my Machine had been accidentally dented by a friend. Dave magically restored the putter to its former glory.

There were two periods of 'radio silence' during my Machine journey. I came to find out that Chris was moving and expanding his family and Dave was ferreting his son off to college and inking new deals overseas. The point . . . life sometimes gets in the way (and rightfully so). In the end, I received outstanding product and made connections with some of the best in the business. Not too often when you can correspond directly with the individual(s) who has/have a direct hand in producing your putters.

If the Canadian dollar ever changes its current course I've got a project on tap for Team Machine.

Mike.

Don't worry Mike......you can count on us to tank the dollar again! Get your project ready!

Mike.

Great post PD. I couldn't agree more.

Love my Machine!