2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Amazing head covers, thanks for the pics.

On my side of the fence, Dave has been emailing me with the confirmation of changes and he has shipped the putter - looking forward to finally seeing my head back, along with a new torch finished Megalodon tail and quite possibly, the 1st arm lock MACHINE shaft (but I could be wrong). It's been a long exercise for Dave & I (the shaft was a handful to build because of the steel and many other issues) and anyway, I'll post a followup once it arrives here and I get to roll my baby........can't wait, watching that tracking number like a Hawk :good:

Thank you Dave for the AWESOME response :victory:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Cobra Forged Tec X 5 - PW KBS TGI 85 stiff shafts
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48* & Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I recently got an awesome Machine off the bay, and it came with a magnetic headcover. I thought it was the best thing ever, but after using it for a couple of weeks, it started to fall apart. The magnets are so strong that they are ripping their way through the material, and I have stopped using it completely. It's a shame, cause it really was a beautiful cover, until I ruined it by actually using it. Maybe when I get the funds, I'll spring for one of the new ones.

Agreed, the magnets are very strong! I'll frequently just pick the putter up off the ground by using my putter and its attraction to the magnet. Occasionally some grass will get caught in it and it just pulls the grass out of the ground!! But like you said, it's wearing a bit. I still use i though.

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

just putted with my first machine putter last week. i didn't feel anything proprietarily special about them, and the finish and paint in the sightline was seemingly coming off. looked like poor quality control.

What does proprietary feel like? What finish did you get? Is yours new from Machine? Did you clean it with some chemical? Have you spoken to Machine?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

just putted with my first machine putter last week. i didn't feel anything proprietarily special about them, and the finish and paint in the sightline was seemingly coming off. looked like poor quality control.

What does proprietary feel like? What finish did you get? Is yours new from Machine? Did you clean it with some chemical? Have you spoken to Machine?

If anything Dave has always struck me as a perfectionist. I can't see a putter leaving the shop floor looking like snot.

I had a hand bent hosel, hand ground flange and refinished head all redone at least once because Dave wasn't completely satisfied with the results. This extended the completion timeline, but the end result was exactly as I had hoped.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I keep calling DogLegRight but always get a fast busy...... I wanted to order a head cover and a UST shaft with hosel. I also have a few friends that might possibly order a few putters. Any idea when someone will be in the office to take my money :russian_roulette:

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

I keep calling DogLegRight but always get a fast busy...... I wanted to order a head cover and a UST shaft with hosel. I also have a few friends that might possibly order a few putters. Any idea when someone will be in the office to take my money :russian_roulette:

We are here working, and all our internet and direct dial numbers are working OK, but our switchboard and main dial in number are malfunctioning, unfortunately. (Time Warner Business switched out some old analog equipment and reinstalled new digital equipment the past couple of days, but apparently didn't re-route everything correctly. We are waiting for another technician to come and fix it correctly!)

In the mean time, you can send an email with your name and phone number and request to our main customer service email address (below) and we will have someone get right back to you. I apologize for any and all inconvenience.

[email protected]

-Dave

MACHINE Arm Lock M2A with Megalodon tail

In 2015, I really got into the Arm Lock putters - to me this is great putter swing but took a while to get use to. My first arm lock putter was a Odyssey DART with the heavier head and finished off at 40" with the 22" Super Stroke 1.0 grip. It's still an awesome putter and its the benchmark for putters in my house hold.

...but I also have a MACHINE M2A that Dave built me many years ago, finished in Torch and with 3 necks: Long twisty (oh la la), Rincon and the Plumber necks (the early edition).

One of the primary reason why I chose MACHINE was that it was configurable - change the shaft, flange/tail, change the weight - all is possible and a Golf Ho's epic ball busting dream ... yeah, MACHINE does get exciting for the guys like me who like to play and tinker.

So I started talking with Dave & co to see if I can get a double bend shaft done and include (the then new) Megolodon tail. Also, add in the Torch finish to match the head. This week, :yahoo: "my baby" got home after a long vacation, a "spa" treatment and with a Torch tail!

My 1st impression of the overall work was: WOW

The tail is perfect and I am amazed how the whole thing bangs and hangs together so nicely. Fit and finish is awesome.

I did not have Dave to put on the grip so I ended up putting on a SuperStroke 1.3 black 17" grip to finish off the putter nicely with the right angle for my left wrist to sit nicely. This is my 1st SS 1.3 grip (however, after a while, I think I prefer the 1.0 but I am going to wait a little more before I make this decision. I have the 22" 1.0 SS grip in my DART and I love that, its perfect in that putter. The 1.3 seemed just a tad big).

The custom double bend shaft was solid. Finished in 40", face balanced. No looseness or weakness so Dave definitely fixed whatever the issue was there. The only quam I had was that when I was set in my "normal" stance, the end of double bend appeared to lean towards the toe side. To my eyes, it was "off putting" and it actually forced me to change my stance to move the head close to the body, I was very uncomfortable with that. The lie and loft was exactly as I ordered so it was a visual thing for me.

but

Dave was kind enough to include 3 delta mods with my putter. Now I had NO IDEA what a delta mod was...but I tell you what - he is brilliant, it plain works and kudos for his brilliance to come up with these terrific ideas. I used the 2* delta mod to lean the shaft back towards the heel (see the closeup pic below), that solved it for my eyes. Yeah, the lie has changed and appeared to add a little more loft as well but I was now back in my normal open stance with the familiar spacing between the putter and me.

I rolled the putter today against some juniors at the GC and kicked some butt, any chance they wanna kick Coach's butt, they will try their best but they lost.

I'll put it into play tomorrow and see how she really rolls.

So here are the pictures of SwingBlues's M2A MACHINE Arm Lock putter...

Here is the 2" delta mod to set the shaft back...

So all up, I continue to be impressed with the work Dave has done for my putter.

Yes, it has taken a while and Dave's apology has long been accepted and he continues to be a good friend - :drinks: we have built a great friendship many years ago and it will continue.

MACHINE still remains an EPIC of a company which innovate and there is no other company out there that has a more flexible, configurable putter design than what Dave has offered with M2A and the many other new heads.

Well done Dave & thank you :good:

ps I do have an open question - what are the options to add additional weights? I just a feel a tad heavier would offer better feel. I have not weigh the head yet (will do that tomorrow) so I need to figure this out.

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

ps I do have an open question - what are the options to add additional weights? I just a feel a tad heavier would offer better feel. I have not weigh the head yet (will do that tomorrow) so I need to figure this out.

That's a beautiful Machine you built !

You will need to find out if the current setup currently has weights in the ports. Dave would know for sure so shoot him an email :)

Jimmy

That's a beautiful Machine you built !

You will need to find out if the current setup currently has weights in the ports. Dave would know for sure so shoot him an email :)

Jimmy

I got an email from Dave - but I am going to switch to a Winn Lite 18" at 60ish gram, it may do the trick. The overall weight was good really and I had good distance control, considering I only had 1 practice session and then put it into play and a whole different alignment. I think I just need a wee more weight to get a little more feel. I think my bigger issue is the 1.3 Superstroke grip, which is much larger than I expected. It felt good in the shop and all but its not really gelling on the putter in the arm lock....just goes to show, what feels good in shop does not translate to the same feel when its actually on and the putter and in play. Its going out the door.

So, for now, I am going to leave the head while I try it with the Winn. Its still in the mail...

Also, the 2* delta mod really fixed that double bend toe lean, everything looked great and in position & felt great :)

Pictures don't do this m1a fixer any justice with the torched finish on the stainless. Just picked up this BBQ rib neck from Jimmy!

Beautiful stick right there. That neck is awesome and same with the torching

its supposed to be sunny on sunday...regardless of temp, i'm going to play sunday morning...should be around 40 degrees out, but i'll try to get some better pictures.

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym 3w

Callaway Rogue 4H
Srixon ZX MKII combo 4-A
Cleveland RTX 6 54, 58
Swag Boss

Pictures don't do this m1a fixer any justice with the torched finish on the stainless. Just picked up this BBQ rib neck from Jimmy!

This is a cool neck! This and the disco ball are my 2 fav necks from machine although the latest Mokume Inlaid PN Art Proto also latch onto me immediately.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01 - PRGR HD 14.5*/CarrysQ 16.5*/19* Crazy Boron Two Tree

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - PRGR CarrysQ 20*/24* COA U-294 Beretta
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

This is my gamer and love everything about it. Can't get any info on it from MACHINE though. Any experts on here know?

Edit: Received this initial response from MACHINE:

Cordele, thanks for the message and photos. That does appear to be an authentic MACHINE Tour putter - It's a M1A Fixer, the MACHINE logo is 2nd generation, and the Tour stamps were done by Dwight Nevil, our former Tour Staff player and ambassador, Tour rep for many years and Fitter at The MACHINE Putter studio at Hank Haney Golf World HQ. The head is 1018 Carbon steel, the hosel appears to be stainless (1st gen round barrel design). It doesn't appear to have any other distinguishing marks such as player initials, but no doubt was on tour. I hope this information is helpful and hope you enjoy the putter!

Sincerely, -Team MACHINE

This is my gamer and love everything about it. Can't get any info on it from MACHINE though. Any experts on here know?

look up this link. It explains eveything

Appreciate the help, but I don't see a link. I've scanned all 131 pages of this thread already, unless I missed something. Thanks.