MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Okay. One of the Transformers in copper and you may just have yourself another sale.

Is that tongue user removeable?

A Copper Transformer will be HEAVY! We do have some of these heads in Aluminum Bronze.. Will post some weights by this evening for your consideration. Tongues will be fixed and convertible, in different lengths, markings and finishes. Thx. -DB

O.K. Dave, we'll be patient :crazy2:

That long-neck transformer is awesome!

I can wait :crazy: but I will definitely order one with the specs we talked about!

Thanks Reebus!

I love the exploded views. Really lets you see whats going on in the putter.

Thanks. Will post some more of the Transformer, too. -DB

Let me be the first on to call dibs on that long neck transformer...add it to my growing list :)

:) -DB

Will you be coming out with any styles similar to a Slighter Redmond or Cameron Del Mar?

Eventually yes. CAD Blueprints are already completed. Just need to find time on the machines! I am really looking forward to cutting chips on these!

Thanks everyone. Back to the Shop. Best, -Dave

ES,

Would you be able to tell me more about how the VMG face works? Does it work like the face of the Yes! putters? From what I understand, the Yes! series of putters with their c-groove(?) face aren't exactly forgiving. Any disadvantages to your VMG, etc.?

Also, you take fabulous pictures, I can see all the detail and more! What camera do you use and what resolutions, etc?

Thank You!

p

P - sorry it took me a while to catch up on your first part of your question above. See photo posted below.

Note a flat milled face on the bottom, and three different versions of our patent pending VMG face mill pattern, with the most aggressive at the top. These were created out of a lot of R&D and experimentation with the parameters that we work with on the mill: Tool holder size and shape, insert tool shape and angle, the speed of the cutter and feed, depth, angle, etc. that the parts pass under the tool.

(a quick note regarding CNC vs. hand made: do not expect this level of precision and consistency from any hand milled parts! This is a clear advantage of advanced precision CNC milling! Thank you.)

From our testing (human and robotic), we determined that the sharper the face mill pattern (increased coefficient of friction or COF), the better a roll it puts on the ball. And yes, we are talking about forward roll, or overspin, off the face of the putter, with a positive launch. I know some members still do not believe this is physically possible. However, it has been documented by several companies now, and we will definitely post our own video and test results in the future.

Both Guerin Rife and Swash at Yes! Have done a lot of pioneering work in this field, as have others (face grooves, and other means of increasing the putter face’s friction, can be traced back several hundred years or more). CG, CP and MOI all also play important "rolls" (pun intended :)) as I posted in some other threads. And to defend Frank Thomas, I don't believe he previously had the opportunity to test some of these newest, state of the art face grooves when he made his comments on the subject.

FYI, TM is apparently putting a big push behind their next generation AGSI insert from what I have seen publicized recently. They also promote that increased friction from their grooves increases forward roll (overspin vs. backspin). They also claim that their insert compresses or flexes slightly, increasing the dwell time, the gripping of the ball, and further increasing the gear effect and overspin, enhancing forward roll...

However, there seems to be a pretty wide spread of opinions on the AGSI equipped putters. My personal opinion is that while they may have invented an effective way to provide increased overspin, the putters stiil do not feel or perform as well as some others. In my view, a flexible face is less consistent on off center hits, as there is a greater disparity between pure center hits and those outside of center, especially for an insert that is anchored on the sides, but flexible in the middle.

Think of a trampoline, if you will, and how you catapult from the center, but not so much from the edges. Perhaps they are working on a version of their inverted cone technology for their new AGSI inserts? I still believe, in general, the feel is less consistent and distance control is more difficult with an inserted face than that with a solid face. Note that I like thicker faces in my putters for this reason, and because a thicker face usually creates a lower tone and more solid feel.

To answer your question P, our face groove pattern is designed to offer a very high COF, increasing outwards from center towards the heel and toe. Note the concentric grooves of the Yes! putters actually end up almost vertical towards the outside of the pattern. Our pattern provides an increased number of friction points per square inch towards the heel and toe in the pattern. A top professional recently noted, this pattern puts an incredible roll on the ball, even on misshits!

Happy to field any of your questions or comments on the subject, and can't wait for you guys to try them yourselves. First testers... get ready! Thanks for everyone's interest! Best, -Dave

Great Pics Dave. Now pick up your phone. LOL You know it's me.

-CHRIS-

Probably why he isn't picking it up :crazy:

;)

He finally conceded and picked up. LOL

-CHRIS-

His wife probably was tired of the phone ringing and made him! :kewlpics:

Oh baby I'm hot today!

Titleist TSI3
Cobra Baffler
Callaway Apex MB 3-G w/ DG
Titleist SM8 54, 59 w/ DG
Odyssey butane Black Series i #1 w/ welded long neck

-CHRIS-

Probably why he isn't picking it up :tongue:

:cheesy:

-CHRIS-

His wife probably was tired of the phone ringing and made him! :cheesy:

Oh baby I'm hot today!

Still at the office, and the wife is on the other line asking where am I and what am I bringing home for dinner? LOL! :)

-DB

Serious about testers? I'd be interested in trying a transformer and a copper longneck. I am a regular golfer - as in can shoot 83 or 103.

Thanks for the interest in testers.. the first test group filled up last year, and we will announce new test opportunities as we complete development of new models. Thanks! -DB

Dave,

Quick question here..

With all the extra pieces making up the transformers what sound do they put off? Is it more of a metallic tink or a dull carbon steel sound.

Jim, depends on head material, mill pattern and also which parts. The milled black insert in the lower cavity can also be used to "tune" weight, sound and feel by using different dampeners. More on this later.... -Dave

-CHRIS-

Probably why he isn't picking it up :tongue:

:cheesy:

-CHRIS-

Chris and I talked for nearly an hour, during which he took and posted picks of his new circle t bag tag, replied to 20 PM's, surfed at least 30 threads, did 200 pushups, ran two miles, received six boxes from UPS, shipped four, and completely refinished 6 putters.... Talk about multi-tasking! LOL!!!

"You wil have to fight me and LaMont on the Longneck. LOL

-CHRIS-"

One at a time? Or together?

Seriously, with some luck there will be 3 copper longnecks.

I am deaf so I need feel more than anything as I get less feedback from sound. Copppppper heavy and soft.

MMMmmmmmmmm.

Handicapped bonus! :crazy:

The copper is very yummy. I also recommend a UST FF shaft and a CNC milled alloy, e-nickel plated machine grip, for ultimate sensory feedback!!!

Just remember Dave...... I'm willing to pay for my copper longneck....

LOL!!!. I'll be glad when the "Waiting Period" is over and we can

actually place orders!. I was also glad to hear that a Copper Longneck

would be "heavy", that works out good for a longer putter......

Mike, Works extemely well in long, including with at 90 degree lie angle! Thanks for your patience.. not much longer now! -Dave

These are awesome!

Thanks! -DB

ES,

Thanks for the explanation and pics. I didn't realize the grooves came in different depths/cuts. Excellent stuff for sure. I would imagine you'd put this info on your website as well, which by the way, I'm impatiently waiting for! Hope supply can keep up with demand!

Thanks again!

p

P - Thanks! Yep, this info is going up on the new website, and we're gearing up production and customer service, thanks to all the great feedback on WRX! :)

More later today.

Best,

-Dave

Chris and I talked for nearly an hour, during which he took and posted picks of his new circle t bag tag, replied to 20 PM's, surfed at least 30 threads, did 200 pushups, ran two miles, received six boxes from UPS, shipped four, and completely refinished 6 putters.... Talk about multi-tasking! LOL!!!

-Dave

You crack me up Dave. LOL It was greattalking to you again. Hope you got them the food. LOL

And you're exageratting........on the pushups. LOL

-CHRIS-

-Dave

You crack me up Dave. LOL It was greattalking to you again. Hope you got them the food. LOL

And you're exageratting........on the pushups. LOL

-CHRIS-

Fed both families (my brother's and mine - hey, I can multitask too!). Sorry about exagerating the pushups - but forgot the leg lifts! (feet up on desk!)

Great talking to you Chris. Now back to work so I can get your tester to you in time.

Take it easy! :crazy:

-Dave

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of a price range are we talking about? These things look/sound great!

Thanks ac49801.

Prices will be announced when we go live with our sponsorship on GolfWRX. Testers have said they are very reasonable from what I have shared so far. We will strive to offer the best value and the broadest range possible to meet everyone's ideal for a putter, whether that is a standard production model or heavily tricked-out custom.

We will be starting our sponsorship within a few days, so hang in there if you can!

Thanks,

-Dave