2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

TIGER'S SEASON IS OVER (Merged)

lilhellmaker17

Was the fracture from hitting a golf shot or throwing a club?

Probably from running around the green, pumping his fists, and going buck wild after he made a putt.

There are plenty of other sites that may welcome your crap but I for one am over it. Seriously. You are a little person to make the comments you have been making. This man put his CAREER on the line to win this tournament. He was in such pain prior to the tourney that he could only hit golf balls in 15 minute intervals. Fortunately he runs in the type of camp that really could care less what a low life like yourself thinks. His whole life he has been dealing with people like you who are so jealous of his accomplishments that the only recourse they can muster is hate. Why dont you save your stupid comments for a forum that appreciates or understands them.

:clapping: :) :)

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably from running around the green, pumping his fists, and going buck wild after he made a putt.

There are plenty of other sites that may welcome your crap but I for one am over it. Seriously. You are a little person to make the comments you have been making. This man put his CAREER on the line to win this tournament. He was in such pain prior to the tourney that he could only hit golf balls in 15 minute intervals. Fortunately he runs in the type of camp that really could care less what a low life like yourself thinks. His whole life he has been dealing with people like you who are so jealous of his accomplishments that the only recourse they can muster is hate. Why dont you save your stupid comments for a forum that appreciates or understands them.

:clapping: :) :)

Burned?

Very well put Jared :) :) :D

Sergio spit in the cup. I will never root for him.

:clapping:

I just hope Tiger doesn't come back and suck at golf...Ernie hasn't been playing the greatest. He played ok at the US Open though.

What like if he came back and hit banannas one after the other the way I do and couldn't stop even after practicing with a Medicus. As big a Tiger fan as I am, that would be hysterical.

I just hope Tiger doesn't come back and suck at golf...Ernie hasn't been playing the greatest. He played ok at the US Open though.

What like if he came back and hit banannas one after the other the way I do and couldn't stop even after practicing with a Medicus. As big a Tiger fan as I am, that would be hysterical.

Hysterically unlikely.

It sucks but then again with his money and well being TIGER he will have access to hyperbaric chambers, the best physical therapy money can buy, not to mention the doctor doing the surgery.

Maybe his knee won't recover completely but when has Tiger ever been known to beat up the field with monster drives? He does it on the green, where others can't. His knee will work just fine for a few more years of 50 foot putts.

This is bullxxxx,

the PGA Tour should be postponed until Tiger has returned.

yeah dude why is the world still turning LOL

I am not worried about Tiger becoming a hack but there is a fine line between the best or one of the best and the rest just ask David Duval or Ernie Els or even worse Ian Baker-Finch

Its a tough game and if Tiger even looses a half of step it could be disasterous to his career . Understand I am wishing him the best but there is no guarantees he will ever be the same.

you have to think after surgery and rehab, his knee wont be any worse than it was at the US Open, and yeah.. he won. Mind you I've never seen Tiger grind it out that hard and want to win that bad before, but he has the passion everytime he tees it up, its the reason hes Tiger. Not because his knees are more blessed than the rest of the feild.

you have to think after surgery and rehab, his knee wont be any worse than it was at the US Open, and yeah.. he won. Mind you I've never seen Tiger grind it out that hard and want to win that bad before, but he has the passion everytime he tees it up, its the reason hes Tiger. Not because his knees are more blessed than the rest of the feild.

Nope you are right . Part of my concern is the time off it will be the longest he has probably ever been away from golf.

My other thought is he has to consider getting rid of that knee snap move of his don't you think?

Personally I think that will be a very hard swing change for him.

Honestly I am not forecasting anything I am just kind of thinking out loud . We will all have to wait and see the future unless Carnac shows up to tell us what is going to happen.

Im not a Tiger hater...but I have also not jumped on the Tiger bandwagon. He is an amazing golfer...however he is not my favorite on tour. Im just shocked so many "golf fans" would simply not watch a tournament because Tiger is not playing. I think a break from Tigers dominance will be nice for a change....not that I would wish what happened to him on anyone. I like parody in sports...imo it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Parity can be good...but ideally parity should come from competition rising to the top...not because the top is "removed" and the best of the rest battle it out. Good parity would be Phil, Sergio, Adam Scott and others raising their game to challenge Tiger...not so good parity is the best player isn't competing.

That's not specific to golf...that's sports, business, anything. Just my opinion...

Injury is a part of sports. Football teams loose players that end their season....and we dont look back at the Superbowl winner and discount what they accomplished. It is just a part of the game.

On a different note......to call this heroic is a little much (not you ghodges). First off...he didnt need to swing 400 miles an hour and put so much pressure on his knee...he could have held back and only drove the ball 300. Or he could have swung at 50% and been back with Rocco....and not put any pressure on his knee at all. A lot of the pain he endured was self inflicted. When he backed off he didnt seem to get that violent pain after the swing. Also...you see guys in the NFL play with much worse injuries every Sunday. You might not know it because they are not Tiger.....but it is true. Dont get me wrong...it was an impressive victory......but imo.....I dont think it was heroic.

When he comes back, it will not matter too much if he is hitting it better or worse.

Two things, his mind and his putting set him apart. Plenty of others hit the ball

as good, or some maybe even a little better, but no one has his mind and he is

without doubt to me, the finest putter to ever grace a golf course.

A friend and I were having this conversation today, and wondered what it would be like

to see TW and Adam Scott in a 2 man scramble.

TBD
Tour Edge Exotics CB 4 16.5 Regular Flex
Cobra Baffler hybrid 22* Regular
Mizuno MP 59 5-PW PX 5.0
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind wedges 54 & 58
T.P Mills Professional One 35"
Bridgesone E6 Soft Yellow

Im not a Tiger hater...but I have also not jumped on the Tiger bandwagon. He is an amazing golfer...however he is not my favorite on tour. Im just shocked so many "golf fans" would simply not watch a tournament because Tiger is not playing. I think a break from Tigers dominance will be nice for a change....not that I would wish what happened to him on anyone. I like parody in sports...imo it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Parity can be good...but ideally parity should come from competition rising to the top...not because the top is "removed" and the best of the rest battle it out. Good parity would be Phil, Sergio, Adam Scott and others raising their game to challenge Tiger...not so good parity is the best player isn't competing.

That's not specific to golf...that's sports, business, anything. Just my opinion...

Injury is a part of sports. Football teams loose players that end their season....and we dont look back at the Superbowl winner and discount what they accomplished. It is just a part of the game.

On a different note......to call this heroic is a little much (not you ghodges). First off...he didnt need to swing 400 miles an hour and put so much pressure on his knee...he could have held back and only drove the ball 300. Or he could have swung at 50% and been back with Rocco....and not put any pressure on his knee at all. A lot of the pain he endured was self inflicted. When he backed off he didnt seem to get that violent pain after the swing. Also...you see guys in the NFL play with much worse injuries every Sunday. You might not know it because they are not Tiger.....but it is true. Dont get me wrong...it was an impressive victory......but imo.....I dont think it was heroic.

God this just never stops. He could have just swung 50 percent and been back with Rocco. Are you freaking kidding me. Just that easy huh? Have you ever played golf? I ask because how in the world can you expect someone to change there swing overnight and still compete. Golf is not that simple. He has TWO STRESS FRACTURES IN HIS KNEE AND A TORN ACL!!!! AND JUST WON THE MOST DIFFICULT GOLF TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD TO WIN!!!! WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM THIS GUY!??!?!?!?! You see guys in the NFL playing with worse injuries...really?

a) You will almost NEVER see a player play on a torn ACL in the NFL

b) Your comparing apples to oranges. Golf is a finesse sport where the slightest error can cost you a tournament. A little different than missing a tackle and having your teammate pick it up for you.

He did not bend down to look at a line until the week of the open

The Doctor told him not to play

His coach did not think he could play

He was hitting balls in small increments and walking back to the cart due to the pain but still practicing

He jeopardized his career to win this tournament

He jeopardized his overall health to win this tournament

He gave everything he had to the sport

If that is not heroic what is? Did you want him to get hit in the parking lot by a school bus pick himself up and beat Rocco in a playoff???

Get real.

Get the story straight. Injured the ACL while running during the British Open last year. Had the resulting mess in his knee cleaned up April 15 due in part to compensating for the ACL injury. Was told three weeks on crutches and three weeks off crutches before any rehab. Didn't listen to his doctors and started rehab and suffered stress fracture(s) of shin during rehab. before the Memorial.

For all of those that think he will come back as good as before keep in mind the man will have had 4 operations (2 major, 1 reconstructive, 1 benign tumor removal) on the same knee by age 32. Everybody that is relating their experiences how well they came back from knee surgery probably has had 1 surgery and doesn't put the stress on his knee that Tiger does---so the comparison is immensely flawed. Also if the whispers about micro fractures in the knee joint have any credence he isn't looking at another reconstructive surgery in the future he is looking at knee replacement.

It will be a minor miracle if he comes back to his standards after his rehab (if anyone can it will be Tiger)...Earl Woods did say that Tiger would do other important things with his life other than golf---looks like Earl may have been right only sooner than even he expected.

God this just never stops. He could have just swung 50 percent and been back with Rocco. Are you freaking kidding me. Just that easy huh? Have you ever played golf? I ask because how in the world can you expect someone to change there swing overnight and still compete. Golf is not that simple. He has TWO STRESS FRACTURES IN HIS KNEE AND A TORN ACL!!!! AND JUST WON THE MOST DIFFICULT GOLF TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD TO WIN!!!! WHAT THE HELL ELSE DO YOU PEOPLE WANT FROM THIS GUY!??!?!?!?! You see guys in the NFL playing with worse injuries...really?

b) Your comparing apples to oranges. Golf is a finesse sport where the slightest error can cost you a tournament. A little different than missing a tackle and having your teammate pick it up for you.

He was hitting balls in small increments and walking back to the cart due to the pain but still practicing

If that is not heroic what is? Did you want him to get hit in the parking lot by a school bus pick himself up and beat Rocco in a playoff???

Get real.

I notice how you qualified that first line with ALMOST..lol. Hell...the QB from Oregon played in the bowl game with an ACL tear. I dont remember reading anything in the papers about how heroic that was....and thats football.

Anyways...yes I do play golf...not professionally...but I do play quite a bit. I have also had 3 knee surgeries on my left knee...one ACL and two scopes to trim the meniscus. I also know how to swing at 75% when I want less spin...of course I dont put anywhere near the stress on my knee as Tiger....so it isnt an issue of injuring my knee. My point was simply this...when Tiger was not swinging out of his shoes on the tee....you rarely saw him wince. Im sure he is capable of swinging less then 100% with his driver...he is the best golfer in the world.

Get real.

What you call heroic some some would call stupid behavior. You said it yourself best when you used the word "jeopardize" you say "he gave everything to the sport" if he'd taken an additional few weeks off to heal properly like his DOCTORS had advised him he'd be not only playing in the next 2 majors of the year but the Ryder Cup. That would be giving more to the sport. I'm sure I will be ripped to shreds by everyone on here and not backed up by those who agree, but that is how I feel.

I was intending to point out to SD that he was wrong about Tiger being Heroic

So I went and got the definition of Heroic to show him he was wrong. You see SD your passion and love for Tiger sometimes bugs me more than the haters.

Actually both extremes the hate and the love for Tiger Woods seems nauseating at times for me.

I seriously get as angry when people call Tiger a jerk as I do when people think he can do no wrong as if he was a God.

But SD let me go on record I was wrong, by pure definition of Heroic Tiger indeed was (not to mention stupid for the damage he may have done to his knee and career)

But there is no denying Heroic by definition

Main Entry: 1he·ro·ic

Pronunciation: \hi-ˈrō-ik also her-ˈō- or hē-ˈrō-\

Variant(s): also he·ro·ical \-i-kəl\

Function: adjective

Date: 1549

1: of, relating to, resembling, or suggesting heroes especially of antiquity

2 a: exhibiting or marked by courage and daring b: supremely noble or self-sacrificing3 a: of impressive size, power, extent, or effect <a heroic voice> b (1): of great intensity : extreme <heroic effort> (2): of a kind that is likely only to be undertaken to save a life <heroic surgery>

4: of, relating to, or constituting drama written during the Restoration in heroic couplets and concerned with a conflict between love and honor

— he·ro·ical·ly \-i-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

He certainly gave it all up for this win I have no idea why this tournament was possibly worth his career to him.

Anyway this should settle the argument as to whether he was heroic or not The definition is pretty clear and it describes everything he did this weekend.

Well done SD

Get the story straight. Injured the ACL while running during the British Open last year. Had the resulting mess in his knee cleaned up April 15 due in part to compensating for the ACL injury. Was told three weeks on crutches and three weeks off crutches before any rehab. Didn't listen to his doctors and started rehab and suffered stress fracture(s) of shin during rehab. before the Memorial.

For all of those that think he will come back as good as before keep in mind the man will have had 4 operations (2 major, 1 reconstructive, 1 benign tumor removal) on the same knee by age 32. Everybody that is relating their experiences how well they came back from knee surgery probably has had 1 surgery and doesn't put the stress on his knee that Tiger does---so the comparison is immensely flawed. Also if the whispers about micro fractures in the knee joint have any credence he isn't looking at another reconstructive surgery in the future he is looking at knee replacement.

It will be a minor miracle if he comes back to his standards after his rehab (if anyone can it will be Tiger)...Earl Woods did say that Tiger would do other important things with his life other than golf---looks like Earl may have been right only sooner than even he expected.

So I went and got the definition of Heroic to show him he was wrong. You see SD your passion and love for Tiger sometimes bugs me more than the haters.

Actually both extremes the hate and the love for Tiger Woods seems nauseating at times for me.

I seriously get as angry when people call Tiger a jerk as I do when people think he can do no wrong as if he was a God.

But SD let me go on record I was wrong, by pure definition of Heroic Tiger indeed was (not to mention stupid for the damage he may have done to his knee and career)

2 a: exhibiting or marked by courage and daring b: supremely noble or self-sacrificing3 a: of impressive size, power, extent, or effect <a heroic voice> b (1): of great intensity : extreme <heroic effort> (2): of a kind that is likely only to be undertaken to save a life <heroic surgery>

4: of, relating to, or constituting drama written during the Restoration in heroic couplets and concerned with a conflict between love and honor

He certainly gave it all up for this win I have no idea why this tournament was possibly worth his career to him.

Anyway this should settle the argument as to whether he was heroic or not The definition is pretty clear and it describes everything he did this weekend.

Well done SD

If we do not question, we get no answers. I do not think he can do no wrong I just dig golf and I dig someoene that is the best I have ever seen. Not really more to it than that. Do I think he is a god? Never said that my man.

Get real.

What you call heroic some some would call stupid behavior. You said it yourself best when you used the word "jeopardize" you say "he gave everything to the sport" if he'd taken an additional few weeks off to heal properly like his DOCTORS had advised him he'd be not only playing in the next 2 majors of the year but the Ryder Cup. That would be giving more to the sport. I'm sure I will be ripped to shreds by everyone on here and not backed up by those who agree, but that is how I feel.

That is actually a very valid point. Kudos.

Well done SD

Heroic??? Give me a break. I really do like Tiger, so please don't take this as bashing him.

Let me give you some examples of what I deem heroic. How about the fireman who runs into a burning house to save a child while everyone else stands around? What about the policemen who ran UP THE WORLD TRADE CENTER to get people out safely knowing they might DIE? How about all my fellow servicemembers who risk, and sometimes give, their life for their country? These people are heroic, not a golfer who risked possible further damage to his knee pursuing a trophy and $1.35M.

Was it a remarkable victory over the best players in the world on one leg, undeniably yes. Was it heroic? No.

I realize I'll be bashed for this, but oh well. I tend to view heroes differently...

Well done SD

Heroic??? Give me a break. I really do like Tiger, so please don't take this as bashing him.

Let me give you some examples of what I deem heroic. How about the fireman who runs into a burning house to save a child while everyone else stands around? What about the policemen who ran UP THE WORLD TRADE CENTER to get people out safely knowing they might DIE? How about all my fellow servicemembers who risk, and sometimes give, their life for their country? These people are heroic, not a golfer who risked possible further damage to his knee pursuing a trophy and $1.35M.

Was it a remarkable victory over the best players in the world on one leg, undeniably yes. Was it heroic? No.

I realize I'll be bashed for this, but oh well. I tend to view heroes differently...

A few things. Tiger wouldnt trade that trophy in for 10.35 million much less 1.35 A million dollars to him is like a stick of gum to me and you. All depends on how you define it. In a sports realm is sure as hell was heroic. In the grand scheme of things we are talking about a game...

and guess what? He would be the first to tell you that. Let us not forget. He kept this EXTREMELY tight lipped. He wanted this to be about the USGA and the US open. Not his knee. I would have a hard time believing any other athlete would have approached this like he did. You have to respect that.

Tigers job is to play golf. A fireman's job is to put others lives before there own.

I think the saddest thing of all is that all the other pros couldn't beat a guy with basically one leg. Is Tiger really that much better, or have all the otehr players become soft because of the enormous amounts of money?

It seems like Tiger is the only one with the single minded goal of winning.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X