Saw The Callaway FT-3 Fusion Today

By SirshanksAlot.com
Link to Full Article

Hello everyone… a quick update here on Saturday night… wow aren’t I dedicated? Anyways… I saw the new Callaway FT-3 driver and Fusion fairway woods today. I didn’t get a chance to hit either club because our store was packed but I did get to see them and find out some information. We get lots of questions about these clubs so I thought I would gather a bit of information for our readers…

Stock shafts - the shafts in the clubs are orange. I had first heard that they were going to be versions of the Fujikura Tour Platform shaft but they are actually Aldila NVS shafts. There will be numerous upgrades available though…

Size - The FT-3 is 460CC although it looked way bigger… might have been the color. The fairway woods are a pretty good size and look a lot like the older Fusion fairways.

Materials - The driver is a combination of carbon (crown) and titanium. The fairway woods are a combination of carbon (crown) and stainless steel.

Internal Weighting - The driver has three little dots on the heel… I think it was the heel. Each dot represents an area in the driver. If the middle dot is colored in, then the weighting is focused in the middle of the club… this would be a neutral weighted club. The other two dots represent heel and toe… representing draw bias and fade bias. This internal weighting is determined in the factory and you can’t change it once you buy the club. Each internal weight setup is available in every loft too.

Face Angle - The even #’s… 9, 10, etc are square and the half #’s… 8.5, 9.5, etc are one degree open (considered the Pro Series versions). The higher lofts are closed a degree or two.

Price and Availability - About the same price as the TaylorMade R7 Quad. They will be available on July 4th.

Sorry I don’t have more info about the fairways but I was trying to help customers and listen at the same time. Overall… I liked the driver although I think it looks way bigger than 460CC. The fairway woods are pretty nice too… good size and great look. The headcovers are really nice… I love the silver/black/burnt orange colors that Callaway has been going with lately. We’ll do a full review of these clubs once they hit retail! Have a great Saturday night!

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Great post. I think these fusions are going to be a HIT!!! Lots of tour buzzz.

8825[/snapback]

As long as they don't cost a bajillion dollars like most callaway stuff

8831[/snapback]

Yes im with you zojo these could be the number 1 driver in the retail market if they dont make them a stupid price like the last fusion driver.

Great review sirshanks and i cant wait to hit one.

8825[/snapback]

8831[/snapback]

Yes im with you zojo these could be the number 1 driver in the retail market if they dont make them a stupid price like the last fusion driver.

8845[/snapback]

From what I've heard, the regular version is going to be $399. Not sure if the "tour" version is going to be more.

8825[/snapback]

8831[/snapback]

8845[/snapback]

From what I've heard, the regular version is going to be $399. Not sure if the "tour" version is going to be more.

8854[/snapback]

I dont think the "tour" will be much more.. it's kinda like the "pro series" they were all half lofts versus the "normal" ones that were not half lofts..if they charge a little more it might be because the shaft upgrade in the "tour"

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

I was very excited to play the FT3, bought a Tour Issue and could not deal with the sound or feel- ball was very penetrating, but could not get over the sound and feel these make.. sure hope this is not the direction of the future drivers.. my 2cents

"couldn't get over the sound and feel" .... like an aluminum baseball bat maybe?

i could see how many think this thing looks bigger than 460cc (scary thought :-) ... from pictures it looks really really deep front front to back

all the newer versions of the comp have the 3 dots,  its a cleaner way for them to put the fade or draw or neutral tag. looking at the retail pics,  the retails dont appear to have teh V on the face.  and they have the V on the top of the club also and will always have the callaway serial number.

9644[/snapback]

Man, i hate that v. Its gotta be one of the most annoying alignment marks ever.

I thought the FT-3 did feel a little strange. It was a retail version set up for fade, with an Aldila NVS. Much more solid however than the original. I was surprised to see how small the face was, in realative comparison to the size of the head. Still Callaway should sell a number of them.