Adams 9015D and 9016D

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought from a fellow wrx'r a Tech 9015d 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard 63x. I should have it Thursday when I return from being away on business. Im really looking forward to hitting it at the range....as its still wet and cold here in the midwest. I will post my thoughts when I actually get some range time on the club.

I have the same set up except my Whiteboard is a 73. I had no luck controlling the A4 with the stock Matrix shaft but the Whiteboard really transformed it for me.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

I picked up an A4 last week and just got back from a trip to Tampa and all I can say is WOW! I have the stock Ozik in it still and I'd like to play with it for a little longer before making any decisions on whether to tip it or pull it, but this combo has given me added distance that I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen it for myself. It increased my clubhead speed, increased my ballspeed and lowered my spin to almost textbook levels. Adams has produced a classic I believe.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

I currently am using the Titleist 905r, 9.5deg, nv-65-R, 44.5" with a low to mid ball flight with good distance for my 95-98mph ss. Anything weaker than this and the ball tends to balloon. But I like this driver. All of the comments regarding the INSIGHT TECH a4 has me curious. lol

For those of you who have tried the INSIGHT TECH a4, which shaft would work for me with the 9.5deg. head.

Best guess

tia

I currently am using the Titleist 905r, 9.5deg, nv-65-R, 44.5" with a low to mid ball flight with good distance for my 95-98mph ss. Anything weaker than this and the ball tends to balloon. But I like this driver. All of the comments regarding the INSIGHT TECH a4 has me curious. lol

For those of you who have tried the INSIGHT TECH a4, which shaft would work for me with the 9.5deg. head.

Best guess

tia

I say try the stock matrix shaft. If you love the nv-65 then you should love the stock matrix shaft.

Can you tell me anywhere I can buy just a LH head for this? I'd like a 8.5, but I think it only comes in 9.5 for lefties.

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GB, 8GF 45.5"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 18GB, 16GF 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, Callaway Jaws Raw 60.08C, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

Can you tell me anywhere I can buy just a LH head for this? I'd like a 8.5, but I think it only comes in 9.5 for lefties.

Sellingers should have them. I guess they make a left handed version as well.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

$219 for the 9016D in 6.5* and 7.5* only. But my swing speed (112-115) may not be enough for this head. This head is lighter than my 9* Rapture. I play it 45 3/4" D3 or so and get 16* or better of launch with a smash of 1.47 at worst. Any thoughts from the board? Thanks in advance

Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 9*, Accra RPG 472 M5+ (D2.5) 18GB, 8GF 45.5"

(testing) Diamana PD 60TX (D5) 18GB, 16GF 45.5"

ST-G Ti 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X, 43"

Apex UW 19* (bent to 20*, 1* flat), AV Raw White 85X, 41" or

X-Forged UT 2i (18*) CK PW 90TX

Callaway TCB 4-PW, Accra Tour 110i

T20 50.07, T24 54.08D, Callaway Jaws Raw 60.08C, Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon San Diego 34"  Callaway Tour X

Well, considering that your LA is at 16* and you're playing a 9* driver, you might be ok with the 7.5* head. Before you do anything I would get your 9* driver measured to see if it is indeed 9*, just to be on the safe side, if you haven't already.

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby

Just bought from a fellow wrx'r a Tech 9015d 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard 63x. I should have it Thursday when I return from being away on business. Im really looking forward to hitting it at the range....as its still wet and cold here in the midwest. I will post my thoughts when I actually get some range time on the club.

I have the same set up except my Whiteboard is a 73. I had no luck controlling the A4 with the stock Matrix shaft but the Whiteboard really transformed it for me.

This club does really work for my swing with the Whiteboard. I have a piece of lead tape around the shaft right above the hosel and it brought the swingweight up and its a really really long driver. I find that unless I really put a bad swing on the ball the extreme left side of the golf course is out of play for me which is what I was going after. It is pretty forgiving as well.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

I went to golftec and hit this club carry 290-295 and was getting spin around 2500. I hit some pushes but mostly dead aim on the computer. Problem is that when I take it to the range or the course I have this really flat low shot or rope hook. I am using the matrix ozik 6-s in it but feel that the shaft is maybe a tad longer the my Ys in the HiBore I was crushing 3 weeks ago might be a better shaft. I am going back next week to see what I can do and ask if there might be another shaft option for me. Swing speed is inconsisstent but seems to average 105's to 110's. I am trying to fix my swing which might be the real issue but the Driver used to be my favorite go-to club when things were bad.

On a positive not, It looks awesome and does not look like one of those square Nikes or Callaways people seem to be using a lot. It seems like a tour club and has great sound when you hit it square.

I went to golftec and hit this club carry 290-295 and was getting spin around 2500. I hit some pushes but mostly dead aim on the computer. Problem is that when I take it to the range or the course I have this really flat low shot or rope hook. I am using the matrix ozik 6-s in it but feel that the shaft is maybe a tad longer the my Ys in the HiBore I was crushing 3 weeks ago might be a better shaft. I am going back next week to see what I can do and ask if there might be another shaft option for me. Swing speed is inconsisstent but seems to average 105's to 110's. I am trying to fix my swing which might be the real issue but the Driver used to be my favorite go-to club when things were bad.

On a positive not, It looks awesome and does not look like one of those square Nikes or Callaways people seem to be using a lot. It seems like a tour club and has great sound when you hit it square.

Look back on some of the discussions about this driver. Many players, including myself, struggled with the stock shaft. Finding the right shaft for your swing makes all of the difference with this head and any driver for that matter.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 2 weeks later...

9015D 10.5* or 9.5*, got them both.

One has Prototype Aldila 65-X "Cinnamon" shaft in it. The other has a Whiteboard 63x in it.

They are the 2 best drivers I've ever hit. I loved my old 975D, killed some golf balls back in the day with it.. (my uncle always told me to make sure my ball didn't have a flat side on it after I hit it)... anyway, this driver feels like my old 975D (Harrison 1.8 Pro) but with more forgiveness and a super hot face.

I've already hit the 2 longest drives of my golfing career with this driver and no matter who I play with, they always have to hit it because they can't believe the results I get with it. I'm no slouch off the tee-box (not a gorilla either), but this driver has really stepped it up a notch for me. I'm finding more fairways and am averaging 12 more yards per drive compared to my old set-up (Launcher 460 w/ Blueboard 63X).

If you haven't gotten to hit one yet, do yourself a favor and find one with a shaft that will work for you and give it a go. Launch Monitor numbers don't lie and this driver "IS" that much better than the competition in my opinion.

AI Smoke Triple Diamond 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn”

G410 3w & 3h

Currently testing the rest 🙂 

My experience is that they launch true to loft. I had mine out side by side with my hibore xl tour today and they were very close. The 9015 may launch slightly higher but not enough to make me switch lofts.

Driver- Cobra LTDx LS 9* Tensei 65S

3W- Cobra LDTx LS 14.5 Tensei 75S

2I- Taylormade 17* 790 UDi

4-W- Mizuno MP-66 KBS Tour 120S

50* 54* 58* Cleveland RTX4

Putter- Scotty Futura 5W

• 3 weeks later...

It's really impossible to tell unless you're hitting in a shaft lab or have access to a launch monitor. If you load a shaft hard I'd say, just off the cuff, stock matrix 60x. If you don't load the shaft hard, stock matrix 60s. There are 7-8 or us that play at the same club and playing the same head, one of them is the former Adams rep, hence the reason everybody is in the new A4. Most of the guys are either 60x or 60s. If you're used to a log of a shaft (like a fit-on), go x-flex......the matrix in that version is not all that tight. If you're used to something pretty run of the mill (can you say NV) go S-flex.

If you can get to a simulator and hit the 60-s in a golf store and get some numbers it will be easier to call adams and get a recommendation. That's what I did and now I have a pair of them.

I went to the demo day hdaw02 is talking about. I hit the R9, 09 Burner, FT9, New Cobra, Speedline, and the A4. The A4 was the longest by FAR! Of course each club had stock shafts, but I was amazed at the A4's pop. I have a session with John Kelly tomorrow to get fitted for a new driver. I'll probably be going with the A4 head.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant say enough good things about this driver. I am not even tempted at this point to worry about shafts. I have a 105 avg swing speed & this club with the stock stuff Ozik is money for me. At least a 10 yd difference on the next best driver I tested (D3 with Voodoo) 15 yds better than the rest (and my old gamer.) For my high spin swing this club is on time! Highly recommended for people who fight high spin off of the driver.