Aldila Voodoo

The entire length of the shaft is specially designed with a patented, one-piece carbon-fiber rib system. This hoop keeps the shaft more concentric during the swing, preventing shaft ovaling, deformation and wasted energy. This not only keeps the shaft's structure stable, but it also maintains the shaft's symmetry to play the same each swing, transferring the maximum energy a golfer can deliver to the ball. The VooDoo simply helps generate consistently straight and long shots — with feel competitor shafts can't match. It's designed particularly for the better player who's seeking optimum low-to-mid launch angle and low spin, and is available in both 60g and 75g versions.

Aldila Voodoo

The new VooDoo shaft from Aldila features patented S-Core technology that dramatically stabilizes the shaft cross section through use of an internal rib system. Per Aldila, S-Core Technology allows the hoop stiffness of the VooDoo to be increased by 80% over conventional graphite and by as much as 60% over the competitions attempts at cross sectional stabilization. Increased hoop stiffness allows the VooDoo shaft to better resist ovaling or cross-sectional deformation during the swing. Thus, maximum energy is transferred to the ball rather than being wasted deforming the shaft cross section – distance is maximized. In addition, because the symmetry of the shaft cross section is maintained throughout the swing, the shaft will load and unload much more consistently thereby enabling the player to more accurately deliver the clubhead to the ball – accuracy and consistency are maximized.

Voodoo shafts are the buzz of the tour. Ryder cup alone saw some serious traffic from the new comer. Justin Rose, Ben Curtis, JB Holmes, Lee Westwood, Boo Weekley, and Ian Poulter all had it in play.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is Ebay the only place I can find this shaft. I was also wondering if someone could tell me the pros and cons of having the 65g over the 75g, is one better suited for higher swing speeds than the other. I have the NV 75 s in my 3 wood and it's the perfect trajectory. I have the NV 65 s in my 5 wood and I like it as well. I can't feel a weight difference between the two. Basically I'm trying to figure out if I need the 75g or 65g Voodoo, if anyone knows the difference besides weight the info would be much appreciated. Thanks

I hit the titleist 909 D2 with the Titleist Diamana Blue and Titliest Voodoo, and I loved the voodoo. I got more consistency all around I think because of much less spin. I must have hit both drivers next to my D1 VS proto for an hour and the voodoo was seriously fun. Not that it matters but I hate the paint job on it. ugh

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

What's a good price for the Voodoo? I've had a golf shop tell me $300, two other ones tell me the price hasn't been set yet but it's projected at around $350. I found a dealer that's taking pre-orders for $240 but I don't want to drop that kind of money if come November 1st it's $200. Any info on this would be much appreciated. Thanks

Greetings, I am an Aldila distributor and can tell you that the msrp (suggested retail price) is $349.99, but map (minimum advertised price) is $299.95 so that is the lowest price any authorized Aldila distributor will sell them for or they risk loosing their Aldila account. Our price will be $299.95 as it must be, what we are doing to try to sweeten the purchase is to offer some added value such as free shipping, free spine and flo, free grip etc. If you find someone willing to sell it for less, then good luck if you have any warranty issues. So far the shipping date is set for Fri. Oct 31st Halloween day/voodoo get it. So we should have product to ship Mon Sept 3rd as we are nearby to Aldila and get our orders in 1 day.I hope this helps.David

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, I had a question from another member that seems to be lost in cyberspace so I'm going to answer it here in case others are interested as well.

The question was what shaft is this "Aldila DVX7 Tour Only Shaft".

The answer is it a 75 gr VooDoo built on a DVS platform vs the standard VooDoo which will be released to the public are built on a VS Proto platform.

They can use their S Core which is what makes a VooDoo a VooDoo on any platform they choose. The one you and I get will be on the VS Proto platform.

On Tour if Joe Stick likes a DVS better than a VS Proto then they will VooDooize it for him.

David

www.thegolfcoastonline.com

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, Id like to make a correction to my previous comments re pricing.

$349.99 is msrp which is full retail, $299.95 is map which is the minimum advertised price, and $259.95 is umap which is not a price you can advertise it for, but it is a price you can sell it for.

We got our 1st shipment of VooDoo's in on Halloween day, and for those that haven't seen them up close, they have very cool looks.

I freqed a few of each flex in the 60 gramers and did find some variation. The main thing I would say from the 6 shafts I tested, 2 r's, 2s's, and 2 x's was that if there is such a thing as a normal freq range for a paticular flex, I would say the R's, and S's fall just on the soft side, and the X's fall on the stiffer side, so there is for example a larger gap between the S and the X, than there is between the R and the S.

Here was the testing protocol. The testing was done with a 460cc 200gram head with a 1 3/8 bore depth, the shaft was dry mounted with fishing line and then measured out to 45" playing length, and had a slit grip installed, and was then mounted in a 5" Mitchell clamp and freq's were taken on a Digiflex.

Here are some #'s. R's 237-241 cpm S's 247-254 cpm X's 267 272 cpm

Weights R 65.6gr S 66.5gr X 69.3gr

Of note is that I built a driver yesterday which Im going to try to hit later today, and I spined and flo'ed the shaft prior to installation, these do have measurable spines as most shafts do, so that can account for some of the freg variations, as on the testing I just put them in logo up.

So when I talked about the gap between flex's the average R was 239 cpm and the average S was 250 cpm, an 11 cpm spread, but the average X was 269 cpm, a 19 cpm spread.

David

thegolfcoastonline.com

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings, I had a question from another member that seems to be lost in cyberspace so I'm going to answer it here in case others are interested as well.

The question was what shaft is this "Aldila DVX7 Tour Only Shaft".

The answer is it a 75 gr VooDoo built on a DVS platform vs the standard VooDoo which will be released to the public are built on a VS Proto platform.

They can use their S Core which is what makes a VooDoo a VooDoo on any platform they choose. The one you and I get will be on the VS Proto platform.

On Tour if Joe Stick likes a DVS better than a VS Proto then they will VooDooize it for him.

David

www.thegolfcoastonline.com

so does this mean the voodoo will be coming out on more platforms?

Callaway Epic Flash 10.5* | Aldila 2KXV Blue 60-S
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 18* | Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff
Callaway Apex Hybrid ‘19 20* | Project X Even Flow Blue 85 Stiff
Callaway Apex ‘19 4-Iron | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
Callaway Apex Pro ‘19 5-9 | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
Callaway MackDaddy 4 Chrome 48*, 54*, 60* | True Temper Elevate Tour Stiff
Odyssey EXO Stroke Lab Indianapolis | 33.75"
Callaway ChromeSoft X “MURPH”

• 1 month later...

*Hi there

Currently plays the 905 9.5 deg. with a Graphite Design 6+ in stiff.

Visited the Titleiat rep and got fittet to a 907 10.5 with a Aldila Proto shaft.

Fortunately did not buy the driver, however are now in the market for 909 which is getteing splendid reviews.

I am not able to hit it before actually byuingit so am wondering which setup to buy.

Titleist 909 D2 - 9.5/10.5 with Voodoo stiff/regular (factury installed)

Have tried out the differnet combo, especially in relation to my current one

*Hi there

Currently plays the 905 9.5 deg. with a Graphite Design 6+ in stiff.

Visited the Titleiat rep and got fittet to a 907 10.5 with a Aldila Proto shaft.

Fortunately did not buy the driver, however are now in the market for 909 which is getteing splendid reviews.

I am not able to hit it before actually byuingit so am wondering which setup to buy.

Titleist 909 D2 - 9.5/10.5 with Voodoo stiff/regular (factury installed)

Have tried out the differnet combo, especially in relation to my current one

The Titleist Voodoo 909 D2 combination will be very similar to the 907 D2 VS Proto 65 combination. The Voodoo is a few grams heavier and will "feel" a little smoother. Ball trajectory will be similar, spin will go down approx 200 rpms.

If you were properly fitted, the 909 D2 10.5° / Voodoo combination should be excellent, but I would much rather have you go through a demo to be sure.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I have been playing this shaft since April. Fortunately for me one of my customers is one of the engineers that spent several years designing this shaft. I traded out a product for one of the shafts. It is by far the best shaft I have ever hit. What was great is that I sent it to him and one of builders put it in my FT-5. Setup as D2 and 45". I have never hit the ball straighter in my life. I am a 2 handicapper and this shaft has given me nothing but more confidence off the T.

If you can get your hands on one...dont hesitate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will I get the same performance out of the original voodoo as I would the titleist voodoo. Love the titleist 909D2 driver, but am questioning the stock shaft. Is it worth 250.00 upgrade or will this shaft perform well?

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I pulled the Titleist Voodoo stiff from my 9.5 D2, it was just too unreliable if I got a little quick. My SS 105-109 with quite a quick transition. I've put in a 79g stiff UST avix black cut at 45 and weighted with powder to D3 and spined ...woooooo wooooo happy days !! slightly longer than the Titleist voodoo but more importantly my bad shots are on the second cut not in the lake or forest.

Has anyone tried this in the Adams 9015d A4? I am searching for the perfect combo of launch and spin. I don't have any place around here that will actually let me try the setup without buying it first so I am being a little cautious.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Finally titleist emailed me back about their stock voodoo shaft. "The specs of the titleist versions are slightly adjusted to better fit a wider range of players, you will notice a different result from each shaft." Hope this helps. Need to try both versions and compare. Hope my fitter has both and not just the stock shaft.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

• 2 weeks later...
How's the launch compare to the VS proto and DVS?

DVS launches higher.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter