Graphite Design Tour AD Throttle

Designed for golfers with aggressive, high-speed swings, Graphite Design International's Tour AD Throttle is a premium shaft geared to produce a lower, more penetrating ball flight with less spin.

The shaft, with a raw length of 47 inches, has a stiff tip, high bend point and low torque. It is available in four flexes: Turbo Charged (regular), Super Charged (stiff), Nitrous Charged (extra stiff) and Methane Charged (double X). The first three flexes weigh in at 70 grams; the double-X is 74 grams.

The Tour AD Throttle incorporates GDI's "Axial Composite Interlace" (ACI) technology, which weaves composite fibers and is placed at key power points in the shaft for enhanced feedback.

This shaft has an orange color scheme; a red version that is 48 inches in length is the official shaft of the Long Drivers of America and available only to LDA members. The orange, 47-inch model has an MSRP of $175. Visit www.gdintl.com or www.swingscience.net for more info.

i have the ld version and i will say that the shaft combined with the head im using is low spin. i have used the protopype a lot in the past and this shaft is definitely a lot smoother than the pype and seemingly lower spin. i like this shaft much better than blueboard, pype, or prolaunch red. one of my all time favorite shafts is the graffaloy blue, and while the throttle is much smoother you have a similar feeling of stability under the hands.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the link to the feedback i posted regarding the X Flex Throttle in the Adams 9015D head.

If you're a hitter that likes to go after it, this shaft performs really well!!

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1214207

Fresh :drinks:

In the bag Spring 2023 edition- 
Callaway ParaDym 10.5 * Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X

Callaway ParaDym Triple Diamond 15* Ventus Red 7X
Callaway UW 17* Ventus Blue 8 X

Callaway ParaDym 20* Ventus Blue 9X
Callaway ParaDym 5- AW, Steelfiber 115 FC X
Callaway Jaws Raw 54/58 DG TI S400
Tulon Las Vegas 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft X Ball

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Long Drive version is sold to everybody not just LDA members. It comes in S,X,XX. You can only get it from Art Sellinger's store, sellingerspowergolf.com it's 149.00

All the throttles play stronger in most cases about a flex stronger. Very stiff from Butt to Tip. Lowest launching shaft that GD offers and to most players say it plays as stiff as it feels, unless you got some serious speed.

All the throttles play stronger in most cases about a flex stronger. Very stiff from Butt to Tip. Lowest launching shaft that GD offers and to most players say it plays as stiff as it feels, unless you got some serious speed.

I do not find this to be true. I have the Throttle Super Charged (Stiff) and it was tipped 3/4" (plays between Stiff and X-Stiff). My swing speed average is only 103 mph and while this shaft is very low spin it is easy to load and does not feel overly stiff at all.

I just installed the GD Throttle in my 9016D 7.5.

OMG!

STUPID LONG. I am not the type to rant about equipment but I have to make an exception this time.

Just for fun I left it at the factory length of 47" and put it together with the head. I haven't measured but I believe it to be playing at 48.5" USGA. I'll trim it after I get a few more rounds in. Mine is the X flex and at 48"+ it feels soft (to be expected; my gamer is a 44" 907 D2 BB that CPM's at 272.) No CPM measurement yet either but I digress. Even though it felt soft this shaft handled everything I could put into it. I played 18 today and I had kooky grin the entire time. I really didn't even care to putt because I just wanted to get back onto the tee box. What absolutely amazed me the most was how playable this setup is. The left side is completely out of play which really surprised me (both because I typically miss left and I expected misses with this to go VERY FAR left with such a long and soft setup). True to it's marketing the shaft actually feels like it gets more and more in the slot the harder and faster I bend it without ever producing more than a gentle fade or draw. Launch was decidedly low and allows for some killer rollout with the Adams head combo. I also found that I could lauch high when I needed to... higher than my 9.5 driver by making only slight adjustments at impact

When I bought it the 9016D was playing at 45" with a Harrison Striper X and was able to hit some pretty long drives with it, the longest of which rolled out to 320+ slightly down hill, slight tailwind at the end of summer kind of a thing. Today I KILLED... MURDERED :russian_roulette: 3 drives past 340 on my fav local course. It was wet, it was/is below 40*, and zero wind. The best drive of the day was from the tips on an uphill 353 yard par 4 when I carried 315+ UPHILL over bunkers and rolled within a yard of the right fringe.

I know this sounds like walking to school in the snow uphill both ways but I have never hit nor seen anyone else hit drives on this course like I hit today. I am dying to get to a launch monitor and get some numbers. With my old driver: SS 122 12* and BS 170+ @ 2800rpm. I am guessing but I have to imagine SS is now over 130 and BS over 180 with VERY LOW spin and lower launch too. I haven't been this excited about golf since the first time I hit it out of the driving range when I was 12(200yd range). I'll be back with the real numbers as soon as I get to a LM later this week.

• 1 month later...

i just put this shaft in a adam xtd pro 9.5 on a zelocity i was getting very high spin rates but it was the first time i gave it a swing so after i get some more time in i will check back.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 2 weeks later...

not really sure why but i launch this thing really high with alot of spin. when it is stiffer than what i had before.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Hey just put this shaft in my driver yesterday(905R 9.5) because my old shaft a UST proforce stiff 76 grams was broken at the top. it look like some ran over the top of the shaft with a golf cart. never seen broken like that before. The guy who put it in forgot to cut it down to 46 inches witch was because i play my irons at a inch above standard. This shaft is amazing i pounded a drive 360 with some tail wind. Even though its only a stiff it still felt great. i used to play a cut but now i hit the ball pretty straight with lots of roll. with my old shaft i would the ball and sometimes i would get back spin. Great shaft

• 1 month later...
I just installed the GD Throttle in my 9016D 7.5.

OMG!

STUPID LONG. I am not the type to rant about equipment but I have to make an exception this time.

Just for fun I left it at the factory length of 47" and put it together with the head. I haven't measured but I believe it to be playing at 48.5" USGA. I'll trim it after I get a few more rounds in. Mine is the X flex and at 48"+ it feels soft (to be expected; my gamer is a 44" 907 D2 BB that CPM's at 272.) No CPM measurement yet either but I digress. Even though it felt soft this shaft handled everything I could put into it. I played 18 today and I had kooky grin the entire time. I really didn't even care to putt because I just wanted to get back onto the tee box. What absolutely amazed me the most was how playable this setup is. The left side is completely out of play which really surprised me (both because I typically miss left and I expected misses with this to go VERY FAR left with such a long and soft setup). True to it's marketing the shaft actually feels like it gets more and more in the slot the harder and faster I bend it without ever producing more than a gentle fade or draw. Launch was decidedly low and allows for some killer rollout with the Adams head combo. I also found that I could lauch high when I needed to... higher than my 9.5 driver by making only slight adjustments at impact

When I bought it the 9016D was playing at 45" with a Harrison Striper X and was able to hit some pretty long drives with it, the longest of which rolled out to 320+ slightly down hill, slight tailwind at the end of summer kind of a thing. Today I KILLED... MURDERED :russian_roulette: 3 drives past 340 on my fav local course. It was wet, it was/is below 40*, and zero wind. The best drive of the day was from the tips on an uphill 353 yard par 4 when I carried 315+ UPHILL over bunkers and rolled within a yard of the right fringe.

I know this sounds like walking to school in the snow uphill both ways but I have never hit nor seen anyone else hit drives on this course like I hit today. I am dying to get to a launch monitor and get some numbers. With my old driver: SS 122 12* and BS 170+ @ 2800rpm. I am guessing but I have to imagine SS is now over 130 and BS over 180 with VERY LOW spin and lower launch too. I haven't been this excited about golf since the first time I hit it out of the driving range when I was 12(200yd range). I'll be back with the real numbers as soon as I get to a LM later this week.

Finally got to a launch monitor:

SS 137

BS 191

LA 14

RPM 3300

326 carry with very little roll. Some drives went over 90yds high.. which is ridiculous.

The smash factor could be improved and I need to lose about a 1000 rpms. Having said that I was swinging harder than I do while playing and during a round of golf I love the 9016D/Throttle combo the way it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know the difference between the regular version and the LDA version besides color???

LDA version is Red and seems to play a 1/2 flex firmer at the same stated flex. It is also 48" raw vs 47". I own both and love them both. The LDA version just dropped to $79 from $149 on a few sites. MSRP on the non LDA is still at $185. I give the nod on aesthetics to the orange scheme.

• 3 weeks later...